Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

On 08/06/2018 at 1:11 AM, jgismyking said:

I haven't used my soompi account for a long time but I just had to post about this drama.

I love the Japanese original version, Rich Man, Poor Woman and have watched it thrice so I knew the story by heart! I had high hopes for this one while keeping an open mind since I knew this was Suho's first leading role. I wasn't expecting a Shun Oguri level of performance from Suho so I was totally fine with him and you can tell he's trying his best with the role. The role is quite challenging to say the least. In terms of Yoo Chan as a character, he can be quite a jerk sometimes even in the jdrama version. I hated him sometimes for the way he treats Bora especially during the movie version. But he's character is really like that. And that is why he needed someone like Bora in his life. I think we could have understood him better if they used the finding his mom instead of finding his first love plot. Anyways, here are some of my thoughts on the Kdrama version:

Hope this changes soon and we need more skinship and kissing scenes with our leads. Less Tae Ra. More Bo Ra please!

Sorry for the long post but this drama is so special to me that I just had to share my thoughts here. 

This is why I am scared to start this kdrama. 

Rich Man Poor Woman is my fav J dorama . I wish I had more of it. I was so excited to see that special episode come out. I have seen it so many times.I used to be this introvert nerd who kind of lost my game in the middle of my degree due to stress. This drama helped me come out of that depression and made me understand that it doesn't matter if I lose something. I can always rebuild myself. That's why this drama is so close to my heart. 

I was scared that watching the Korean version might irritate me and take away  the special love I had with the j-dorama.  I might try it only when the whole thing ends. I can atleast fast forward the Tae Ra (which I believe is Yoko's part). 

• Like 6

Just saw a clip on IG 

They kissed *sobs* *breaks everything*. Man if they had not given us those 3 kisses earlier I would have forgiven the writer for putting us through such torture but I don't think I can watch tonight's episode please let me know how was the episode here. If not for Suho I would have dropped this drama long back. Forgive me I am just a disappointed viewer I had lot of expectations from this drama.Now I wish this was just business oriented just like J drama I was a fool for wishing more of a romance. I wished between the leads not between the male lead and second female lead  LOL.

Please do leave your reviews about tonight's episode who knows that may encourage me to watch further.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

I don’t understand this drama... I guess I am dropping it. I tried. Sorry folks. Catch you on another drama.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, RobinM said:

I don’t understand this drama... I guess I am dropping it. I tried. Sorry folks. Catch you on another drama.

I am just holding up for this week but I really wanted MTR and LYC breakup to happen in today's episode but from the few clips I watched I don't think it has happened so I am very disappointed what's the point of dragging the whole triangle. Its too late now I can't ship the main couple anymore even if they have all cute lovey dovey scenes I don't think I can digest it anymore. They should have stopped with it long back. More than half of the drama they show YC and TR as couple and in the last few episodes they will show all this time BR was for YC lol how are viewers supposed to digest that. I blame the writing they have ruined one of the best J drama here. Now I say let TR and YC be the end game at least then this drama would make sense. 

EDIT: Lol twitter is bursting with anger and sadness. Too bad the ratings will drop more and I don't think they will increase anymore.

• Like 6

ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH!! What a frustrating episode!!

*breathes*

nope. *breathes some more* 

Preview for next episode (12) first...

BR: Are you leaving then?

YC: I'm not going anywhere. So you stay right here too.

TR: I'll help in bringing down YC from being CEO.

MS: I can't trust you so just leave! LEAVE!

TJ: Am I wrong? That this is your company. And everything you choose is right.

DJ: There's something suspicious about the data leak....

YC: Everything was done by you (hyung)?!

TJ: Call for a board of directors meeting.

Nam: We propose to strip LYC of his CEO position.  

------------------

BETRAYALLLLLLLL!!!!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 4

I just think The witch and her low life brother    Are so much more savvy, greedy  and manipulative than Man boy and Whale dance its going to be painful to watch.

• Like 7

After seeing the clips from today, I am super frustrated just like everyone else. Did anyone here watch Evergreen? I had to drop that after Ep. 12 because the writer ruined it. I think the same thing is happening with this one :blink:I can't have any fun now with the OTP cuz I will be thinking YC is a jerk for staying with TR for so long if he really had feelings for BR. 

Grrrrrr. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, turtlegirl said:

After seeing the clips from today, I am super frustrated just like everyone else. Did anyone here watch Evergreen? I had to drop that after Ep. 12 because the writer ruined it. I think the same thing is happening with this one :blink:I can't have any fun now with the OTP cuz I will be thinking YC is a jerk for staying with TR for so long if he really had feelings for BR. 

Grrrrrr. 

I binge watched evergreen. I thought I signed up for a nice romcom with fantasy elements it was going great till episode 12. I kept my hopes high till episode 15 but episode 16 ruined it for me. I really like Yoo ri and Oh Soo they were so cute that ending still pains me a lot. I wish I had got memory loss instead of Oh soo:cold_sweat:.

"I can't have any fun now with the OTP cuz I will be thinking YC is a jerk for staying with TR for so long if he really had feelings for BR. "

Same here. What was the writer even thinking why ruin perfectly fine drama. It started off well. I feel bad for the actors they were doing great job and its not like leads didn't have good chemistry. I am suho biased so I feel bad for him he really seemed to have worked hard for this drama. He was great in universe's star thank god I have his movie Student A to look forward to.

Episode 16 last 5 min YC will confess to BR and they will kiss *faceplam*. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

There are too many fun exciting cute sexy romantic intriguing dramas with lovely characters on right now to keep hoping against hope one certain one doesn’t keep further making us disappointed and annoy every week :) 

• Like 5

*repeats this to self* There is no way to go but up. There is no way to go, when you've fallen to the bottom, but up. This too will pass. *breathes*

Guys, I don't know how much I'll recap because this episode was mostly about all the things I don't care about, and it was so freaking frustrating!! To be honest, the betrayal was a big reason I didn't watch the J-dorama... I mean, I get that it's an important, or even climax of the plot... but I guess I'm kinda over those times when dramas had these villains who were jealous sidekicks in love. 

According to you guys who watched the Jap version before, you said Yoko (TR) was never officially in a relationship with Hyuga (YC). It makes me feel conflicted about YC's character in the Korean version since he is dating TR, and with his feelings for BR, unconscious or otherwise... he's emotionally cheating on her.

Episode 11 Recap:

2 days before the ending of the last episode....

TJ shares his plan of bringing YC down from CEO with TR, asking her to help him. He tells her to stop waiting for YC, since he's someone who only cares for himself. TR wonders what happened between them. TJ bitterly laughs that she doesn't even know who YC went to Namhae with, and who he is currently with. TR realises that YC is with BR. TR asks why he is telling her this, and TJ says it will be good for TR to be by YC's side after his betrayal, suggesting she take him overseas if needed. He thinks YC will understand him after some time passes. TJ says that his plan will not work without TR's help, and that she can't tell him yet. TR goes to look for YC.

TR waits for YC to return, and she identifies herself after YC looked at her but did not recognise her. She asks YC why he still doesn't recognise her, and he says he's working on it. They sit down for a talk. TR confronts him about going to Namhae with BR, after cancelling plans to go to Hawaii with her. YC reminds her not to be concerned about BR since he doesn't feel anything for her (idiot, who's the pabo here...). TR asks, "What about me then? What do you feel towards me? Is it love? Or do you even like me?" He says he doesn't know, but he's trying. TR: "But you're not like that with Kim Bo-ra! You laugh with her! Why do you laugh like that with her?" She knows that she's being unreasonable comparing both of them. "Let's break up. If you don't have any feelings for me by now, you're not going to have them. (TRUTH.)" YC doesn't say anything. TR looks at her portrait and says she'll remove it since there's no need for it anymore. YC stops her, and says he'll work harder. TR cries, "Why do you have to work at it, why?! If you work harder, will you grow to have feelings for me? Will we be in love then? What kind of love is that?" She leaves and walks slowly to her car. She cries, looking back at the house. The lights go out. She cries harder knowing that YC is not coming after her. 

BR accompanies TJ back home from the hospital. He jokingly invited her in, then saw the ex-employee (intruder) standing opposite the street. Alarmed, he quickly pulled BR into a hug to stop her from spotting his partner-in-crime. BR leaves a bit shaken. TJ then meets with the ex-employee, and passes him a USB with all the personal data, telling him to say goodbye to his family for a while after he does the act, and to lay low in China. TJ tells him not to feel guilty since he'll take responsibility, and that everything is for the sake of Next-In. I think that TJ truly believes he is acting as the hero.

Then we go back to the ending scene from the last episode when the whole office was in a frenzy. YC brings in the cops and orders everyone to be searched. Nothing turns up, of course, and everyone is pissed.

TR is waiting for BR when she leaves and basically orders her into her car. She asks about BR's feelings and her lie before. BR admits her feelings for YC, although she said she didn't know her heart back then. BR says that her emotions are her own business and she has no intentions of breaking them up, since YC also said as much to her. TR is direct and says she doesn't want BR around YC, and thinks she has the right as his gf to make such a request. BR politely disagrees, and says that Next-In is her first job; if she were to leave, it would be due to her lack of ability and not because of a reason such as liking the boss. (You go, girl.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Hmmmm ...... uuufffff ...... aaaaaahhhhh ..... uuuggghh ...

i have all the emotions right now except happiness and smile !

started watching kdramas since 2013 but didn’t made me frustrated and angry at this rate ! 

Too sad that i drained all my prepaid data for this drama and got enough scolding and nagging from mom !

Seems like It wasn’t worth it !

not gonna do that mistake anymore !

Just going to watch spoilers for the coming eps and that too only bora and yoochan scenes !

just like @yehetchogiwa said He was great in Universe’s Star ! 

Seems like i could ship (woo ju and byul ) could see many scenes between the main leads  and a meaningful message with that little 6 eps ! 

It just seems to me that they dragged and dragged the whole 9 eps and little of 10th ep with yoo chan’s first love and go the remaining 6 eps with the exact plot (from ep 6 onwards of jdrama ) with some slight variations like CDJ - bora’s friend relationship ! 

It’s whole new level frustrating drama !

I swear !

Ps:

• dear @angelflower thanks a lot for the recap 

Dont mind me ; I would be active or a silent lurker in this thread till the drama is over 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2