[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

1 hour ago, saveme4421 said:

Hello everyone, i started watch this

from the beginning i love this but I'm kinda boring when Yoo Chan kiss that woman

but I still watch this 

hope next Yoo Chan will love Bo Ra more than anything

He defently will! He already likes her a lot but too stupidly stubborn to admit it!

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really love this forum as it makes me feel free to speak out ! 

Will miss you all once the drama ends !

@USAFarmgirlur posts are insightful , too bad that there is no insightful option (unlike old soompi forums) !

Didnt watch the eng subbed version yet ! 

Mom isn’t allowing to watch ! 

She says am draining the internet package ! Uggghh <_<

• seems like m emotionally attached to taejoon for some reason , donno what for ! 

( i was having the same feelings for lawyer lee yoo bum in while you were sleeping ) !

• what’s with min tae ra ? 

I just dont get why she loves yoochan so bad

(Is there any other motive behind her act ?Like purposefully clinging onto yoochan for wealth and taesan group )

•someone can please explain me about the problem between taejoon and family ?!

now lemme talk about my otp

•they are just two cute to be together !

(just date already bora and yoochan , waiting is really hard)

•just want yoochan to realise his feelings for her !

(who knows, Maybe karma had hit him ! Calling bora pabu pabu (idiot/fool)

now i guess he himself has become a pabu)

• m just way too eager to know yoochan’s reaction when he will get to know that bora was his life saviour !

@bebebisous33 @Harry97 miss your posts ! 

And thank you all for making this thread alive and comfortable.

Spoiler

Not important stuff though but just need to ask !

anyone planning to watch “are you human too” ?!

41 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

And thank you all for making this thread alive and comfortable.

Hide contents

Not important stuff though but just need to ask !

anyone planning to watch “are you human too” ?!

@4evrkdramaI will watch it.

OST part 4:

Love this show and the leads!! Does anyone feel that Suho's complexion isn't that good? lol. I could see bumps on his cheeks in his close-up scenes. Nothing wrong with less-than-perfect completion, it's just that Koreans pride themselves on having seemingly flawless complexion so I was quite shocked when I saw that even makeup could not conceal those bumps hahaha

Hello I am a lurker here and created soompi account just so I can share my pov about this drama. Just like many people the only reason I am watching this drama is for Exo Suho. 

This drama started off quite well and I was enjoying it until Yo Chan started to date Tae Ra. I understand he is doing so because his priest friend suggested him that but because of that I can't bring myself to enjoy the main leads fluffy scenes. Tbh now I feel bad for Tae Ra. She seems to care about him and is not clingy like I expected her to be especially in past two episodes she has taken care of him well. Took him on a drive just so he could sleep peacefully and also gifted him her painting so that he can remember her face. I don't know how her character will turn in near future but if she turns into a vamp typical k drama bi**h the only person to be blamed is Yo Chan. If the writer doesn't set things right between them soon he will just come off as a player who is playing with two women's heart. We still have 8 episodes to go I wish they sort out the love triangle soon bc I am still not convinced to ship main couple because he already treated her badly and then she also lied to him and now that he is dating other girl its too difficult for me to enjoy their scenes and also Yoo Chan being sweet to Tae Ra hurts me more and makes me wonder if she is the main female lead. The story has so much potential and the cast also looks promising I hope the writer doesn't waste his/her resources by unnecessary dragging of love triangle and ratings also have seemed to dropped for the previous episode its just 0.7%. For channels like MBN 1% + is considered to be a good rating.

13 hours ago, RobinM said:

I feel This trip to resolve his past is going to make him grow up and be a grown man not a hyper selfish overgrown boy. 

I hope so too. I really want some character development for Lee Yo Chan. He needs to stop being a jerk.

20 hours ago, chuu18 said:

Love this show and the leads!! Does anyone feel that Suho's complexion isn't that good? lol. I could see bumps on his cheeks in his close-up scenes. Nothing wrong with less-than-perfect completion, it's just that Koreans pride themselves on having seemingly flawless complexion so I was quite shocked when I saw that even makeup could not conceal those bumps hahaha

But this makes him more natural and normal... When I see, korean actors about 50 years old who look like 30 years old people, it makes me sick. Even grandmothers in k-dramas or chinese dramas don't sometimes look like grandmothers. There is nothing wrong with wrickles or bumps, what is more important is their personality.

@4evrkdrama I haven't watched the last two episodes yet due to work and marathoning another drama. But as soon as I am done, then I'll write more about it. 

However, I have to say that MTJ has never been honest with LYC and he sometimes lied to KBR too therefore his "bad" side was already exposed. The fact that he calls himself the avatar of LYC behind LYC's back underlines his arrogance and his superficiality. On the other he has an inferiority complex. That's why he never fought for the inheritance of TS group. He is afraid that he might lose the fight. Notice that he doesn't want to work for anyone. This proves again that MTJ has a high opinion of himself as well. This mixture of inferiority complex and arrogance makes it more difficult to discern his true character. Moreover, MTJ has never shown his true face because he is always smiling. Yet, he shows some resent and jealousy. Striking is that DJ had been able to perceive his true face, when he rejected the offer. We shouldn't forget that MTJ has always used LYC as the bad guy, nonetheless behind the doors, MTJ never opposed LYC's decisions (death emails). So the recommendation he proposed to DJ was a deception: he let LYC take the blame for DJ's dismissal, while in reality MTJ approved it. By giving the recommendation, MTJ attempts to give a false image of himself: someone kind and generous can not fire someone, he just followed LYC's order. Nonetheless, DJ could see through his action. He preferred LYC for being more direct and honest. And this is one of LYC's qualities. 

@bebebisous33 I think MTJ will show his true colours soon now. In the preview that director guy is shown saying we will have to drag him down from the ceo position. I think they will plot together and back stab LYC soon. I think Bo Ra liking LYC will be his driving force to betray LYC. 

Just sharing few pics that have been circulating on twitter for the past few days. 

1 hour ago, chuu18 said:

@chuu18 i have the same thoughts of @bebebisous33 it makes it more natural and normal 

Moreover ;

beauty lies inside heart and within the eyes of beholder :) (no offence just letting my opinion) !

There are more kpop idols  too who doesn’t care much about their complexion , for ex;  bts jung kook .

Its just that they knew they are loved for their talents and personality rather than looks ! (Its just korean citizen who find it “unhealthy” ) international fans just dont care about it coz we are much worst :lol:(atleast me ) !

59 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

But this makes him more natural and normal... When I see, korean actors about 50 years old who look like 30 years old people, it makes me sick. Even grandmothers in k-dramas or chinese dramas don't sometimes look like grandmothers. There is nothing wrong with wrickles or bumps, what is more important is their personality.

@4evrkdrama I haven't watched the last two episodes yet due to work and marathoning another drama. But as soon as I am done, then I'll write more about it. 

However, I have to say that MTJ has never been honest with LYC and he sometimes lied to KBR too therefore his "bad" side was already exposed. The fact that he calls himself the avatar of LYC behind LYC's back underlines his arrogance and his superficiality. On the other he has an inferiority complex. That's why he never fought for the inheritance of TS group. He is afraid that he might lose the fight. Notice that he doesn't want to work for anyone. This proves again that MTJ has a high opinion of himself as well. This mixture of inferiority complex and arrogance makes it more difficult to discern his true character. Moreover, MTJ has never shown his true face because he is always smiling. Yet, he shows some resent and jealousy. Striking is that DJ had been able to perceive his true face, when he rejected the offer. We shouldn't forget that MTJ has always used LYC as the bad guy, nonetheless behind the doors, MTJ never opposed LYC's decisions (death emails). So the recommendation he proposed to DJ was a deception: he let LYC take the blame for DJ's dismissal, while in reality MTJ approved it. By giving the recommendation, MTJ attempts to give a false image of himself: someone kind and generous can not be able to fire someone. Nonetheless, DJ could see through his action. He preferred LYC for being more direct and honest. And this is one of LYC's qualities. 

haha don't get me wrong, I am very supportive of the more natural-looking image on screens because lets be real, most people have complexion flaws and it's great that they did not conceal much of suho's! One step closer to not giving people unrealistic expectations on how one is supposed to look like. 

But it always amazes me how does everyone look so flawless is it because of the filters of the camera used?? lol

On 6/2/2018 at 1:43 PM, USAFarmgirl said:

Now that I think about it I think that TJ may show a different side of himself too...

In that he seems to be running the day to day operations of the company but in truth doesn't have the inventing talent that YC was born with and as we know seems to be absorbed with, that is other than BH's memories.  TJ just confessed his feelings and I remember him defending himself and his position in the company to BR earlier that for some reason felt odd to me.  I have mixed feelings about him mainly because he seems so loving yet so lost... 

I also wonder and want to see YC's reaction when he realizes BR and he had met before...  I think his relationship with TR is an act of self preservation in that he may or may not know he doesn't have feelings for her.  At least not the kind she has for him.  Yet inside he knows BR is moving his heart and with that comes a sense of fear and maybe even betrayal to BH and their memories.  His heart being stirred in that he can't wrap his mind around or deal with so he allows TR to manipulate him in a way. 

That is until he finally shouts it to BR in the street something that even surprised him.  That he could see and remember BR's face.  Something he has never done.  Maybe that is proof that what he is feeling seeing her face so clearly even when she isn't even there.  Isn't just about love.  Because for someone like himself where his mind can't seem to focus on feelings or emotions when it's always so full of ideas, problems and answers.  How shocking it would be to for once be so focused on BR's face he can't even think or sleep for the truth is it's not just her face its everything she is. She makes him laugh and feel happy and what would seem normal to most is unique to him. In realizing how she changed his world and entered his dreams...

I just realized you know whats better than reading posts with music in the background?  Writing while listening to it!:blush:

When TJ told KBR that he was the avatar of LYC, he implied that he was the brain behind LYC's face. This underlines his inferiority complex and his arrogance. He is able to recognize LYC's talent. Somehow he feels inferior towards LYC but won't admit it. Nonetheless he feels the need to compensate his inferiority complex by lying to himself. By declaring that he is LYC's avatar, he is trying to upgrade his position in the company. Deep down, he hasn't recognized his own value at Next In. By being the avatar, he is just a copy... nothing more. Deep down, he wished, he had been the genius. I guess, his personality has been shaped by his father... the fear of  being a disappointment to his father. Notice that he doesn't come home hence he is definitely avoiding his father. 

To me, it looks like the betrayal has already started. First, someone leaked the info to that other company, only a few days after LYC had announced his real idea. I have the impression that director Lee was the one behind it. Director Lee really wants TJ to take over the company. LYC is not controllable enough, while TJ is such a tamed person. When director Lee mentioned to turn TJ into the CEO of Next In, TJ refused therefore director Lee knew that he had to create some trouble, well aware that TJ would be forced to turn to his father. Since LYC is so independent, Lee knows that he won't like the idea to share the profit of his creation... he knew that TJ's move would create a riff between TJ and LYC. And this is definitely TJ's real weakness. He is easily influenced in the end, especially when someone flatters him. What TJ has failed to realize is that LYC has always listened to his words which proves to me that LYC had a good opinion of TJ. Even if LYC didn't always listen to him, he has always asked for his opinion. Hence he calls him "hyung" which shows respect and affection. TJ is too blind as he only sees the rude behaviour of LYC.

Unlike others, I am not that bothered that LYC is still dating MTR because from the start, he declared that he had no feelings for her. He warned her to have no expectation from him hence their dating is based on a deal. Sure, MTR wants more from him but he hasn't changed at all for her. He puts work first and doesn't call her, when he feels sad. He still keeps everything to himself. For KBR it is different. He went to her place, looked into her room, told her that he kept thinking about her, he wanted to see her aso. LYC is still unaware of his feelings for KBR that's why in the preview, he tries to reassure MTR. We have to understand that for 7 years, he only thought of KBH and she meant everything to him. She was in his mind and heart all this time. He knows now that he met KBR in Nam Hae but he hasn't connected that he fell in love with KBR, because he thought, he was with KBH all this time. KBR was influenced by her relationship with KBH... like she said, she read everything KBH read and she liked everything KBH liked therefore KBR fell in love with LYC before meeting him. How could LYC notice that he was with someone else, when she had changed a lot through KBH? For me, that is understandable to be confused and not to know what kind of feelings he had for the person in Nam Hae.

The fact that LYC has been able to recognize KBR's face before knowing that she knew KBH and even met her before is important because this means that he fell in love with KBR in the present. Moreover, it outlines his change of heart. He is opening up little by little. He still calls KBR "idiot" but it doesn't sound the same anymore. One part of his brain has already registered KBR's presence but the other part hasn't understood what it really means. He has been focused on the past hence he is not able to analyse his own feelings.      

@4evrkdrama

oh wow did anyone notice that Ha Yeon Soo recently deleted the photo she posted of Suho and wishing him happy birthday on her instagram? Why though :o Is this because of Exo's fans or something? Sorry I don't really follow kpop (only dramas) haha

15 hours ago, chuu18 said:

oh wow did anyone notice that Ha Yeon Soo recently deleted the photo she posted of Suho and wishing him happy birthday on her instagram? Why though :o Is this because of Exo's fans or something? Sorry I don't really follow kpop (only dramas) haha

Let’s stay positive sis / chinkuya @chuu18

maybe coz its a spoiler for coming ep !

:lol: ( coz isnt it somewhere in jejudu ? )

Recap time!! This time I took notes XD But to be honest, I'm not really stuffed about the company issues so I'm probably not gonna cover most of that (though I know they are important, but not exactly why we watch a K-drama B)) and the storyline in that area is veering into very similar territory to the J-dorama (from the recaps I've read). 

Episode 9:

Started with YC presenting his hi-tech interface to his team, who are amazed. They're not convinced as to the user-friendliness but YC dismissed them. TJ likes it and tells YC to go ahead, although YC himself seems unsure. TJ and YC go for a meeting with investors from Taesan Group. Wow, they're so disrespectful. Taesan asked for rights to YC's programme, which he rejected and basically the scene from the preview.

Back at the office, TJ asks YC to consider carefully. YC understands but says he cannot do things that way, and saunters off saying that he's going to take a break for a few days. TJ is incredulous, "You really only think of yourself." and YC says "Today was the first time I was disappointed in you, hyung." He knows that TJ must have gone to his father and pleaded for them to work with Next In, and he says "I thought at least you were different from them." Awww no the pain in TJ's eyes...

TR calls YC, who's in his car, to confirm their trip to Hawaii (she asked and he agreed last ep) but he says that he can't go. He tells her that he has to go to Namhae for a few days. TR realises she can't argue with him about BH and tells him to take care, but says she has a bad feeling about it since they also missed meeting each other 6 years ago when he went to Namhae. When YC hangs up, BR comes to get on his car. She tells him her name as per usual, but he says, "You don't have to say your name to me now."

On the way, YC asks BR about BH's last days. BR explains that 6 years ago, BH told her not to see her in those days, so she wasn't by her side when she passed. She was in school when she received BH's e-mail, "When you read this, I'd probably have left this earth." She ran back to the hospital and received BH's ashes in an urn with her belongings. BH's email tells BR to scatter her ashes at sea, and never to tell anyone who comes looking for her, even if it was YC. BR sobbed at the pier, holding the urn, as an SMS came in from YC, asking her to come back. BR replied him, "I cannot return. Please forget everything." YC got frustrated and says she should have told him the truth then.

YC and BR remember the time when he went to her family's guesthouse to look for BH. She had refused to say anything and he was leaving, but her dad got him to stay. Later she found him passed out on the beach from drinking, and she had saved him from the incoming tide. YC realises it was her back then. BR apologizes, saying that she should have said something, especially if she had known he would carry the hurt for such a long time. YC accepts it wordlessly and they both sit on the beach looking at the sunset.

Episode 9 Recap (continued):

YC and BR go back to her house (the guesthouse) and BR is welcomed by her parents and oppa, who are curious about YC. BR tells YC that they need her father to take them out to the sea if he wants to go to where she scattered BH's ashes. BR's family decide to serve him a feast, only for him to fall asleep on them lol. 

TR finds her brother at the office. TJ finds out that YC went to Namhae. TR thinks it's better this way since YC can finally get closure. After she leaves, TJ quickly contacts BR, asking where she is. She replies, "Namhae". He asks, "With CEO Lee?" She says, "Yes" which puts him in despair.

The next morning, YC wakes up and gets shocked by BR's granny looking right in his face haha. He scarfs down his breakfast. Granny asks his age and finds that he's two years older than BR. She says that BR's fortune says she'll meet her match this year. BR quickly shoos Granny away. After breakfast, YC shows his interface to BR and tells her to try it. She does but has difficulties figuring out how to use it. YC gets annoyed and BR says that if she can't figure it out, then half the nation won't be able to. He realises his mistake and that the users were more important than the creator. He deletes everything and starts again, thanking BR backhandedly. He calls his team to send their original idea (the one he dismissed for being too simple), saying that he'll use it as a base.

After fixing it, YC presents his software to Granny and the rest of BR's family to much hilarity, since Granny doesn't understand a word of his tech-speak. BR coaches her, saying that she can find out her pension. She tells Gran to input her password, which is a trot song she sings. It unlocks and her assistant avatar is BR, to whom Gran addresses to ask the question. Everyone is impressed with YC's work and he laughs along with them.

YC and BR go to the beach again. BR conveys that the winds are too strong for them to go out to sea. YC questions why she came to look for him when she promised BH. BR just says that he wouldn't have recognised her, and it was more important for her to get a job. YC mentions about her saying before that she liked him since a long time ago. BR says that he was the person BH liked, and she liked him too before actually knowing him as a person.

YC: What about now then, after you know me as a person? Do you still like me?

BR: Yes. (whoa, so direct.)

YC: Why?

BR: Mmm... I don't know. Because you're good-looking?

YC: There are so many people who are good-looking, aside from me. 

BR: You like the colour red, don't you? BH-unni told me. Why do you like red?

YC: Because it's red.

BR: Me too. Because you're Lee Yoo-Chan.

YC just looks at her before looking away. BR says she tried to hide her feelings but she got found out anyway. She tells him not to mind her, that he can do what his heart wishes as she does what her heart wishes too. She confesses that she feels more relieved now that everything is out in the open. YC says, "Is it so good that you're at ease now?" (implying that he isn't haha). She apologizes and hopes that he'll be at ease too. 

3 hours ago, angelflower said:

YC and BR go back to her house (the guesthouse) and BR is welcomed by her parents and oppa, who are curious about YC. BR tells YC that they need her father to take them out to the sea if he wants to go to where she scattered BH's ashes. BR's family decide to serve him a feast, only for him to fall asleep on them lol. 

TR finds her brother at the office. TJ finds out that YC went to Namhae. TR thinks it's better this way since YC can finally get closure. After she leaves, TJ quickly contacts BR, asking where she is. She replies, "Namhae". He asks, "With CEO Lee?" She says, "Yes" which puts him in despair.

The next morning, YC wakes up and gets shocked by BR's granny looking right in his face haha. He scarfs down his breakfast. Granny asks his age and finds that he's two years older than BR. She says that BR's fortune says she'll meet her match this year. BR quickly shoos Granny away. After breakfast, YC shows his interface to BR and tells her to try it. She does but has difficulties figuring out how to use it. YC gets annoyed and BR says that if she can't figure it out, then half the nation won't be able to. He realises his mistake and that the users were more important than the creator. He deletes everything and starts again, thanking BR backhandedly. He calls his team to send their original idea (the one he dismissed for being too simple), saying that he'll use it as a base.

After fixing it, YC presents his software to Granny and the rest of BR's family to much hilarity, since Granny doesn't understand a word of his tech-speak. BR coaches her, saying that she can find out her pension. She tells Gran to input her password, which is a trot song she sings. It unlocks and her assistant avatar is BR, to whom Gran addresses to ask the question. Everyone is impressed with YC's work and he laughs along with them.

YC and BR go to the beach again. BR conveys that the winds are too strong for them to go out to sea. YC questions why she came to look for him when she promised BH. BR just says that he wouldn't have recognised her, and it was more important for her to get a job. YC mentions about her saying before that she liked him since a long time ago. BR says that he was the person BH liked, and she liked him too before actually knowing him as a person.

YC: What about now then, after you know me as a person? Do you still like me?

BR: Yes. (whoa, so direct.)

YC: Why?

BR: Mmm... I don't know. Because you're good-looking?

YC: There are so many people who are good-looking, aside from me. 

BR: You like the colour red, don't you? BH-unni told me. Why do you like red?

YC: Because it's red.

BR: Me too. Because you're Lee Yoo-Chan.

YC just looks at her before looking away. BR says she tried to hide her feelings but she got found out anyway. She tells him not to mind her, that he can do what his heart wishes as she does what her heart wishes too. She confesses that she feels more relieved now that everything is out in the open. YC says, "Is it so good that you're at ease now?" (implying that he isn't haha). She apologizes and hopes that he'll be at ease too. 

lol I like the conversation at the end he is going to mind you alot now for the rest of the show!

The next morning (which I think is meant to be the last day of YC's holiday), BR's dad regretfully informs them that the sea is still too rough for them to sail.

YC stands near the sea, holding BH's painting as BR watches from a pathway above. He lets go of the painting, finally grieving for the love he lost, breaking down in tears. BR watches his back, tearing up too.

That night, TJ goes back to the office to get a document. As he calls Chan-Soo to get access to his computer, he realises that someone is in YC's office. He goes up to see if YC had returned. TJ is ambushed by the intruder and they struggle as the intruder tries to escape. TJ puts up a good fight and barely gets the intruder's mask off, but his glasses are knocked off and he is pushed before seeing the intruder's face. TJ tumbles down the stairs through the glass railing, falling unconscious. 

-End of episode-

Preview for Episode 10:

TR: I don't like Kim Bo-Ra.

YC: Don't work yourself up over this.

TR: Don't steal what is mine.

YC: Why do I always have to be held back by .....(sorry can't figure this out, but it's gotta be the investors or something)?!

TJ?: The problem got bigger in the end.

The news report about a leak in personal data. BR apologizes to the callers about it.

BR: When you're troubled or sad, call me anytime and anywhere.

HUG!! (which TJ witnesses.)

--------------------

Note: There are subplots involving TR and the street artist, as well as Do-Jin and Mi-So. I was going to type them, but I'm not interested enough at the moment, sorry about that. At least there'll be unknown stuff in the episode when you watch, right? :tongue:

Archived