[Drama 2018] Rich Man, 리치맨 - Wed & Thu @ 23:00 KST

0ly40

4 hours ago, RobinM said:

I don’t think I will keep with this if something dosen't change soon. Why is she still hanging on to this dude? He don’t respect her or is even particularly kind to her and I honestly have not seen him be more than a cute neurotic over indulged man boy. 

Sorry not not sorry but this is very old school  Like Full house where the heroine is largely passive, cutesy and dimly sweet and the hero is a real jerk, not with a heart of gold but just mean.  

I agree. I hope she shows more fire and spit and independence.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose if Yoo Chan was too sweet with Bo Ra, huged her or even kissed her then everyone would complain that this story is too romantic and not so serious as the original Japanese story is. What I mean is we can’t complain! The character of the main lead is rather complicated like all geniuses. I mean all genius people are rather strange and usually don’t behave and feel in ordinary way like other people. 

My thoughts about the last episode- I don’t like Yoo Chan behavior - it pissed me off!! I watched Japanese original story and yes, the male lead pissed me off as well. He simply plays with Min Te Ra and Bo Ra. If you decided to stay with Te Ra then just stay. Stop this flirting and playing with Bo Ra. If you like Bo Ra then stop dating with Te Ra!!

7 hours ago, dramaninja said:

LOl why does it matter what he said at that part to TJ ,when after that he was seen hugging her so thats moot!

We cant digest that hug when we know he does the same around min tae ra (well even if he doesn’t initiate it ) and smiling when doing so , holding hands !

I can rather feel it more like flirting with 2 women than distinguishing one as real and other fake ! ( It doesn’t seem fake at all to me )

yes sis @Lady_Lara exactly my feelings !

If he decide to stay with tae ra then just stay , don't play with bora’s heart !

And i seriously hate clingy female leads , stop being this way BR !

just like sis @Dramanoona said i hope she bcm more independent , courageous and most importantly stop being clingy (well i know that her character is like that , and she not gonna change , but it’s a bit intolerable to watch she being pushed away even though not purposefully) 

Well it can at least make a bit more sense if he pushes her away and then come back to her saying all those heart swaying  words if he stopped his relationship with TR !

I haven't used my soompi account for a long time but I just had to post about this drama.

I love the Japanese original version, Rich Man, Poor Woman and have watched it thrice so I knew the story by heart! I had high hopes for this one while keeping an open mind since I knew this was Suho's first leading role. I wasn't expecting a Shun Oguri level of performance from Suho so I was totally fine with him and you can tell he's trying his best with the role. The role is quite challenging to say the least. In terms of Yoo Chan as a character, he can be quite a jerk sometimes even in the jdrama version. I hated him sometimes for the way he treats Bora especially during the movie version. But he's character is really like that. And that is why he needed someone like Bora in his life. I think we could have understood him better if they used the finding his mom instead of finding his first love plot. Anyways, here are some of my thoughts on the Kdrama version:

I will be using their Kdrama names.

Things that I love: 1. More focus was given on YooChan's prosopagnosia. In the jdrama version, we don't really know how this one works although there were some scenes in which it was mentioned and then it was suddenly dropped. Usually, they just bring this up for comedic purposes there, particularly when YooChan cannot recognize his male assistant's face. I love what they did here and that YooChan was able to recognize Bora's face first out of everyone.

2. Adding layers to Do Jin and Miso. In the jdrama, I wanted more screen time for Do Jin and his character was interesting but they never dwell on that much. Same with Miso. She was just the supportive friend of Bora in the jdrama. Glad that she has her own storyline here.

3. OST. The songs are all beautiful. Personal favorite is "Hard for Me." It perfectly captures Yoo Chan and Bora's relationship. 

4. Direction. I love how the director captures moments, especially that scene with the sunset was just beautiful.

5. Chemistry between Suho and Ha Yeon Soo. One of the things that made me love the jversion was the chemistry between the leads and I think Suho and Ha Yeon Soo's chemistry is spot on! They are sooo cute together and compliment each other so much.

6. Kim Bo Ra. Well her character was my fave in the jdrama version and same thing here. She remains pleasant just like in the jdrama.

Things that were okay: 1. Changing the main plot of Finding his mom to Finding his first love. It was romantic so I am totally fine with it. I just liked the jdrama better on this one since it was more heartfelt since you could understand YooChan's character better in the jdrama because he was left by his mom at an early age. You can understand why he is the way he is there better because of what his mom did to him. But the kdrama works as well.

2. Chan Soo. He was so funny in the jdrama but here..I am a bit disappointed! He is..just there. To say the least.

3. Supporting characters in Next In were more engaging and funnier in the jdrama version.

Things that I hate: 1. MIN TAE RA. Seriously, why give her THAT much screen time? In the jdrama, she just appears once in awhile and I couldn't care less since she wasn't that threatening and was more of flirting with Yoo Chan. But here? She even has more skinship with Yoo Chan than Bora. Please, writernim, do something about this since we are now on Episode 11. Tae Ra is not that important in the jdrama. She could have not been included and it won't affect the plot at all. 

2. Yoo Chan and Tae Ra's "official" relationship. In the jdrama, Tae Ra has a crush on YooChan but it wasn't reciprocated and he was never serious with her. The thing is, he never wanted to start a relationship with anyone that is why the first love thing bothered me a little too. His "I don't need anyone to be with" attitude in the jdrama made his relationship with Bora special because Bora was the first girl to whom he was willing to open his heart to. He felt like he should be alone forever until Bora came. This became more evident in the movie version. Here..we just had Yoo Chan start this relationship and it doesn't really do anything to the plot. Their scenes together are so boring. 

Hope this changes soon and we need more skinship and kissing scenes with our leads. Less Tae Ra. More Bo Ra please!

Sorry for the long post but this drama is so special to me that I just had to share my thoughts here. 

I agree, with all that has already been said, it's frustrating to see YOO CHAN kissed TAE RA three times, in addition it seems to me that the last two kisses between them were intense and long.:(
Poor of us, this saying, this copy version of the Japanese version of the love story, so knowing that the Korean version lasts 4 more episodes, wait for you to see other kisses between them:cold_sweat:.
I even come back to wonder if there are no possibilities to see BO RA kissed the second lead male, do not judge me lol:tongue:

It's a pity not to see the two main lead kissing, both love each other even if the guy is a bastard

I am with you guys. It is really frustrated that Tae Ra had lots of screen time compare to Bora in ep 10.  Her scenes with Dong Ha were not needed and took too much of our OP precious time.  Tbh, she acted great and seemed to have more experience than our main leads. I still love Yoo Chan with Bora though as they are so cute together. Have you seen their interview yesterday on Viki? They were adorable!

Rating for the last 2 eps were pretty good. Ep 9 got 1.9, the highest so far,  consider it was on MBN, a small cable TV.  Ep 9 had the most scenes of our OP, so Knets seemed to like it too.

Ep 10 dropped down to 1.4, still not bad as it was showed the same time with Xiu Min's variety show. 

Now that Yoo Chan started warming up to Bora, let's hope that he will realize his true feeling for her soon so we can have more romance scenes for them  next week. Hope the writer knows what viewers prefer and don't wait until the last ep to do that.  

I still have to watch episode 10 was busy finishing Japanese rich man, poor woman. I really liked the Japanese version :D. Judging from everyone's comments here I am guessing TR took lot of screen time in the previous episode. I saw the preview for episode 11 and I am sorry to break this to you all but if this goes like the j drama then we better be prepared for another kiss between YC & TR and if that happens I swear I will lose my interest in this drama because its sad to see this amazing drama turning that way. Suho was the only reason I kept on hanging to this drama but not another kiss pretty please. If they want to show us a kiss that bad better show it between YC and BR. I have noticed this pattern with the ratings too whenever the scenes between YC and BR are more the ratings are pretty good and when there are scenes between YC and TR the ratings drop to 0.7% . In episode 6 when there was a kiss between YC and TR the ratings dropped to 0.8%. I wish that atleast now the director knows his audience better and what they want from this drama. If they were going to take the same story as j drama in the end they should have never made YC and TR enter a relationship that was really unnecessary. YC seems more like a player now. Few may defend that he was just doing that to get over KBH but now he just comes off as a two timer that's not how his character is supposed to be. In j drama shun's character may be a cold, arrogant and jerk ceo but he was never shown as someone playing with women's feelings. Its sad but the writers have completely ruined YC's character essence there.

Its not too late we still have 6 episodes to go this drama can still be saved.I hope that TR and YC break up happens in episode 11 because even if something were to happen between YC and BR I wouldn't find it appropriate if he is still with TR. 

This is just a guess If the writer really wants to surprise us I am hoping when TR shows up at his door step and instead of kissing TR back can YC stop her and ask for break up since he doesn't have any feelings for her? I see that's possible too but if it goes the same way as j drama I am ready to cry bucket of tears and swear at the writers for ruining the drama for me

Just finished watching episode 10. Its feels so good to see YC finally being so soft to BR. I also loved how he drove to her place to console her  that she did great and that hug was also so sweet. They are really cute now only thing I am eagerly waiting for is YC TR's break up then this drama would be perfect for me. Writer nim please make that happen soon. I think episode 11 or 12 will really be a turning point in this drama. I can't wait to watch next episode.

I really like this drama so far, and feel the same as the rest of you about the relationship between YC and TR. I don't like the two of them together at all.  It is pretty clear that he does not love her or really have any interest in her.  I think he is dating her just to upset BR.  I would like to see more scenes with BR and YC.  I think BR really looked pretty in the last couple of episodes.  Much prettier than TR who is supposedly a Goddess.

Can anyone help me to understand some of the flashbacks to YC's childhood.  It shows him as a little boy in front of a carousel with an ice cream cone that is melting.  He is looking at several girls on the carousel when someone calls his name.  It then shows a young woman that looks like Bo Ra.  Was BH that much older than YC?  Why is he a little boy and she is a young adult?  That part has me confused.  She was friends with BR and they seemed to be close to the same age.   

@Pam_Van Fossen No, both YC and BH were the same age. And BR is 4 years younger than them. Quoting what TJ said to BR in episode 4: "Yoo Chan had no family growing up and Boon Hong was the only person he had. She was his first love and a mother, and a friend as well. It took him a long time to recover after she left."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just assumed that memory of him in front of the carousel was supposed to represent that fact that BH was like a mother to him as well.

19 hours ago, Ayame said:

@Pam_Van Fossen No, both YC and BH were the same age. And BR is 4 years younger than them. Quoting what TJ said to BR in episode 4: "Yoo Chan had no family growing up and Boon Hong was the only person he had. She was his first love and a mother, and a friend as well. It took him a long time to recover after she left."

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just assumed that memory of him in front of the carousel was supposed to represent that fact that BH was like a mother to him as well.

@Ayame, thank you so much.  I had seen the scene numerous times and just couldn't figure it out.  

On 08/06/2018 at 1:11 AM, jgismyking said:

I haven't used my soompi account for a long time but I just had to post about this drama.

I love the Japanese original version, Rich Man, Poor Woman and have watched it thrice so I knew the story by heart! I had high hopes for this one while keeping an open mind since I knew this was Suho's first leading role. I wasn't expecting a Shun Oguri level of performance from Suho so I was totally fine with him and you can tell he's trying his best with the role. The role is quite challenging to say the least. In terms of Yoo Chan as a character, he can be quite a jerk sometimes even in the jdrama version. I hated him sometimes for the way he treats Bora especially during the movie version. But he's character is really like that. And that is why he needed someone like Bora in his life. I think we could have understood him better if they used the finding his mom instead of finding his first love plot. Anyways, here are some of my thoughts on the Kdrama version:

Hope this changes soon and we need more skinship and kissing scenes with our leads. Less Tae Ra. More Bo Ra please!

Sorry for the long post but this drama is so special to me that I just had to share my thoughts here. 

This is why I am scared to start this kdrama. 

Rich Man Poor Woman is my fav J dorama . I wish I had more of it. I was so excited to see that special episode come out. I have seen it so many times.I used to be this introvert nerd who kind of lost my game in the middle of my degree due to stress. This drama helped me come out of that depression and made me understand that it doesn't matter if I lose something. I can always rebuild myself. That's why this drama is so close to my heart. 

I was scared that watching the Korean version might irritate me and take away  the special love I had with the j-dorama.  I might try it only when the whole thing ends. I can atleast fast forward the Tae Ra (which I believe is Yoko's part). 

Archived