[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, inna75 said:

Ok..so now we know (and as we suspected) Prof Yoo is the culprit who killed GY and instigate the whole court hostage incident..and I think she came clean to all who matters at the end of today's ep..hence everyone's surprised faces

But I still have question about

1. Who raped GY? We saw the glimpse of his back and his phone, it might DJM..but I will wait for the subbed to confirm this

2. Why such an elaborate scheme to come clean about all this? What was Prof Yoo's motive actually?

3. The bruises on her shoulder..still no answer

anyway, I hope the subbed will come early tomorrow and it will make clearer..

Btw @LeeN..that was fast..I just shut down my live stream less than 5 mnts ago..hehehe...kamsahanida (referring to the insta pic when YJ fell and EH quickly caught her)

I had just finished watching the raw version  At last we know that prof yoo killed ga yeon Besides she ordered kim joo hyung to kill Jung joo's brother. But i guess the person who raped ga yeon was han joon.  Can't wait to watch with eng sub So we will get the hidden puzzles

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an utter mess. Why did the writer make such a complicated plot? It is not going to end well for all the innocent bystanders. So who cares who is the culprit?

Yes I watched the raw. Made me want to tear my hair out. It is going to be a painful ending. Even if the OTP ends up with a happy ending, the people around them won't. And I liked the people around them.

I am going to read a book today instead of watching any Kdramas. Between tonight's episode of this and Robot- my emotions have been wrung dry. All that pain everywhere.

4 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

What an utter mess. Why did the writer make such a complicated plot? It is not going to end well for all the innocent bystanders. So who cares who is the culprit?

Yes I watched the raw. Made me want to tear my hair out. It is going to be a painful ending. Even if the OTP ends up with a happy ending, the people around them won't. And I liked the people around them.

I am going to read a book today instead of watching any Kdramas. Between tonight's episode of this and Robot- my emotions have been wrung dry. All that pain everywhere.

I know right?!

so if I’m getting this correctly:

JM raped GY then his wife MH killed her and covered up crime.

MH was also one who ordered killing of JJ’s oppa.

is there anything else crime wise we need to figure out? Is Han Joon involved at all? cause that would break my heart.

im still wondering about the bruises and I was hoping they would finally explain it.

• Okay, so they pretty much turned the whole plot into a complete mess. So in the current state, pretty much everyone is going to suffer. Well that's one way of presenting a story. Just make everyone miserable in the end, 
  • What also makes me wonder, and maybe I just missed it. They say that Jung Do and Prof Yoo were in love and about to marry, when he left her at the altar and in that very night, Yoo and Jin Myung drank too much and she got pregnant, which resulted in Han Joon. But what about Judge Sa then? Since he grew up with Han Joon and they are about the same age, Jung Do must have found a girl shorty after the wedding.
    And if I remember correctly, isn't Judge Sah even older than Han Joon? So did he had an affair during their love story?
  • And more importantly, did we ever got an idea of one sentence about EH's mothers whereabouts? What happened to her? Where is she? 
  • Prof Yoo did SO much intriguing stuff, she made a false verdict, killed an innocent girl, kept evidence, played her husband, ordered to kill and god knows what. if she doesn't end up in jail I don't know anymore.
  • And due to this, the whole plot feels like a complete mess right know. 
  • I guess we can forget our OTP becoming some sort of romantic scene. It seems they won't end up together or get a kiss. It's a little sad, because the drama hinted it from the very beginning. Judge Sah was into JJ from the very start. When he hold her wet hair it was totally clear that there will be something at one point.
    But due to this mess and the facts JJ has to deal with right now, I don't think they can address or create a few moments of love.
    Missed opportunity, they had quite a few chances to do something in this regard.

1 hour ago, Nynda said:
  • Okay, so they pretty much turned the whole plot into a complete mess. So in the current state, pretty much everyone is going to suffer. Well that's one way of presenting a story. Just make everyone miserable in the end, 
  • What also makes me wonder, and maybe I just missed it. They say that Jung Do and Prof Yoo were in love and about to marry, when he left her at the altar and in that very night, Yoo and Jin Myung drank too much and she got pregnant, which resulted in Han Joon. But what about Judge Sa then? Since he grew up with Han Joon and they are about the same age, Jung Do must have found a girl shorty after the wedding.
    And if I remember correctly, isn't Judge Sah even older than Han Joon? So did he had an affair during their love story?
  • And more importantly, did we ever got an idea of one sentence about EH's mothers whereabouts? What happened to her? Where is she? 
  • Prof Yoo did SO much intriguing stuff, she made a false verdict, killed an innocent girl, kept evidence, played her husband, ordered to kill and god knows what. if she doesn't end up in jail I don't know anymore.
  • I guess we can forget our OTP becoming some sort of romantic scene. It seems they won't end up together or get a kiss. It's a little sad, because the drama hinted it from the very beginning. Judge Sah was into JJ from the very start. When he hold her wet hair it was totally clear that there will be something at one point.
    But due to this mess and the facts JJ has to deal with right now, I don't think they can address or create a few moments of love.
    Missed opportunity, they had quite a few chances to do something in this regard.

Exactly it’s so far into the drama there should have been a kiss by now. And I’m sad there are less romantic scenes I feel like it’s witchs court all over again. But yeah I like that you brought up EHs mother cause I was surprised to find out that his dad and prof were previously engaged. It also seems weird timeline wise how EH is older than HJ but HJ seems to have been conceived first. I also am expecting prof to go to jail too but I don’t know if HJ will let that happen.

2 hours ago, Nynda said:

Wow chinggu..you summed my exact confusion about this story line. There are more questions on top of the questions already answered. I agree with @ck1Oz, the story line is a mess now. It is as if the writer only thought the after effect after each episode, rather than plotting the bigger picture form the beginning. I am still confuse on why the elaborate scheme to cover things up by Prof Yoo and her roller coaster emotional path..If I was her, as an actress, I would be confused on how to play out the emotions. I guess that is why she look numbed all the time (even when she was smiling) because she cant figure out what emotion should she display.

Anyway, yeah..agree with @philosophie too..this is witch court all over again. Feel like not watching this anymore and wait until 5 minutes before the end of the drama to see the OTP..(since we already know who is the culprit). But I also need to point out that all the promo of this drama (at least in my country) is about the OTP and yet they did not even made at least the significant part of the drama...hmmm..it is so ironic..if you are reading this, PD nim, sorry to say, but am one of those who are beginning to feel disappointed with this drama. Even so, I do like the little innuendos between the OTP..I just wish, we could move on from there already...

#my2centsonly

When I saw EH farther told him about history with Prof Yoo. I feel like "ok farther so where was I then" LoL. Poor son.

EH seem like a knight from nowhere, he helps everyone, he senses everything. But he is completely outsider. He could have family issue too or he completely nerdy.

I still enjoy Judges secret dating in the office even it quite weird among intensed situation now.

Dear writer,

Please make this messy plot a lesson learned for the future that it is always better to plot out the story, noting key vocal point of the plot so that things don’t get miss or unanswered.

Could use that as the key point with his death but him leading the truth or evidence of the deal so that they can investigate and the tension build more as well as better usage of the rapist and side character (aka the interns) to further investigate into this cover up rape of a minor and the politician cover up.

OR better yet, draw the truth out sooner so had the villain actually pit wit against wit with the judge. I would love to see the high tension and battle of judge against judge (Myung Hee against Jung Joo), smart against smart. OR that the killer was HJ in a state of drunken-ness and his mother was protecting him rather than her killing the girl over a fit of jealousy?  

And I refuse to believe this woman has a secret basement for her S&M play to bruise herself. I need answer to her bruise, reason why JJ brother had to died overall (plot device would be that the deal was broken and he want to reveal the evidence he hid of that night – hence got kill in cold blood, then I can understand), what the heck was the deal for him to throw his life away to rotten in prison, where is HJ the night his dad took his car? 

*sigh* All I can say now I guess is thank you for making a complete waste of our talented cast (and the side character like the intern pointless) with this plot. I guess all I can hope for now in term of romance is just a opening ending with our OTP looking and smiling at each other.

And if you want to make us see how EH and HJ are alike with their father in term of love towards a woman, then tell the father’s love story at an earlier stage that way if these fathers seem like villain, we can understand their motivate in prevent JJ from seeking the truth or so.

Side note, EH is very understanding of his father. I think if that was me and hearing and knowing that my father still hold a deep touch for another woman, I would be mad for the sake of my mother because it would feel very unfair to my mother. But that’s just me! LOL!

34 minutes ago, Lyna said:

Dear writer,

Please make this messy plot a lesson learned for the future that it is always better to plot out the story, noting key vocal point of the plot so that things don’t get miss or unanswered.

Could use that as the key point with his death but him leading the truth or evidence of the deal so that they can investigate and the tension build more as well as better usage of the rapist and side character (aka the interns) to further investigate into this cover up rape of a minor and the politician cover up.

OR better yet, draw the truth out sooner so had the villain actually pit wit against wit with the judge. I would love to see the high tension and battle of judge against judge (Myung Hee against Jung Joo), smart against smart. OR that the killer was HJ in a state of drunken-ness and his mother was protecting him rather than her killing the girl over a fit of jealousy?  

And I refuse to believe this woman has a secret basement for her S&M play to bruise herself. I need answer to her bruise, reason why JJ brother had to died overall (plot device would be that the deal was broken and he want to reveal the evidence he hid of that night – hence got kill in cold blood, then I can understand), what the heck was the deal for him to throw his life away to rotten in prison, where is HJ the night his dad took his car? 

*sigh* All I can say now I guess is thank you for making a complete waste of our talented cast (and the side character like the intern pointless) with this plot. I guess all I can hope for now in term of romance is just a opening ending with our OTP looking and smiling at each other.

And if you want to make us see how EH and HJ are alike with their father in term of love towards a woman, then tell the father’s love story at an earlier stage that way if these fathers seem like villain, we can understand their motivate in prevent JJ from seeking the truth or so.

Side note, EH is very understanding of his father. I think if that was me and hearing and knowing that my father still hold a deep touch for another woman, I would be mad for the sake of my mother because it would feel very unfair to my mother. But that’s just me! LOL!

Hehe..I love this!! It sort of summing up all of our thoughts so far.

Just managed to watch the subbed version. Before, I bow out from this drama (probably coming back in the last ep), just want to point out one possibility..maybe KHJ (the child rapist) is the rapist that night. EH did point out he knows Prof Yoo since middle school. Maybe he went to the cottage to seek out Prof Yoo but instead saw DJM (who was wasted) with KGY. No one really saw DJM raping the girl. Prof Yoo was quite far when she saw someone in the car. It was dark and rainy. Hence, she could not see clearly..She's just assuming based on the car (which can be stolen) and based on the phone left (also which can be stolen). But, if this is correct, then for 10 years, she has been mistaken about her husband..and all her elaborate scheme is just because she did not think long enough before killing GY to keep the secret. And she is evil enough to render the wrong decision. In fact she is evil enough to instigate the court hostage and the killing of JJ's brother (which I agree with some of you, the motive is still blurry..it is not like the brother has any actual evidence, unless he confessed to Prof Yoo, he saw her that night..but that was not the case..he said he only found the body and he knew that KGY was in contact with DJM..he was also assuming DJM killed the girl..that's all).

Another thing I want to point out, I was not satisfied about EH's dad feeling guilty of sentencing Prof Yoo's father. I mean the father abandoned her, which mean her emotional attachment to the father is probably very slim. Plus he said she is a brave and strong person. So, why assumed that she would be affected by his sentencing? He was only the assistant judge in a panel anyway. She was a judge too. So she could have understand, maybe sad with the sentencing, but understandable. Somehow the character build up and the rationality of the story line does not match up..I can't sympathise nor empathise with the whole back story of the elderlies actually..hmmm

Okay..bowing out now..see you guys at the end of the drama..

Hello guys.. Yeon Woo Jin fan reporting. 

Sooo disappointed with how things are, just like every one else. I agree the storyline is such a waste of the talented casts. I skipped all the other scenes now, and just zoomed for our OTP (on repeat mode.. haha). The end of their every scenes left me cursing and swearing for more.. but, that's always IT! FULLSTOP. Love their jajangmyeon bickering and I swear, I got butterflies in my tummy when he realised he has "wronged" JJ when she called HJ first. But... it ended with him, carry on with his noodles.... comeon, director-nim! 

also, why didnt JJ rush up to him for a hug when her retrial appeal was approved! WE WERE ALL just waiting for that to happen! 

So frustrated already! 

PEB acting is really good! Dong Ha can look so freakishly villian, just like in suspicious partners and next moment, like a poor little puppy dog.... awwwww 

As for YWJ oppa, I wonder why he is oways in such underrated dramas like Marriage, Shy Boss. 7DQ was good, I heard, but i have no guts to watch as it's a sad ending. 

lets see how the story ends... =/ 

Well I basically am not wasting my brain space over the plot. I just have to make time to find out who's the writer and avoid him/ her in the future. This is the one with the unknown writer right?

The romance is slow and there are only hints. It doesn't look like there will be big romantic scenes. However since I enioy the OTP quite a lot will be continuing with this drama. I can't be bothered if the storyline becomes more ridiculous. There are already so many coincidences anyway. At the close of 2017 the South Korean system had over 10 000 cases filed. I am only pointing it out as the writer has all the people and cases linked. The various courts and case submissions are all available for people ( well ok, the plaintiffs or defendants to view ) if they know what they are doing, so its not as if I am saying anything secretive.  They are considered open cases. But to have  HJ seemingly the only prosecutor in his section and all rhe judges involved in each other's lives is a bit much.

And I have been to court- one wonders how the knife passed through the screening- and all the other security procedures.

The clothes comtinue to be really nice. I would rather take screenshots of Sah Pangsanim's suits. I already know she wears too many layers for me to emulate. I would be a walking stuffed penguin waddling with so many layers. To be honest they actually look dressed for winter compared to the other drama I just watched. Where the male lead was just wearing a round neck sweater. He must be frozen. I do not like winter at all. And if I never have a see a Korean winter again ; would he perfectly happy. 

Did you guys read about renting winter clothes over at Incheon airport for your stay? It was advertised last winter and I had a look at the clothes choices. Very chic and stylish. In case you guys want to look like Kdrama stars.

It makes me wonder if the script was incomplete when filming began. It was quite obvious Prof Yoo is guilty of perversion of justice. She met almost everybody involved in the case. I had thought the rapist was Jung Do because Ga Young yelled Ahjussi.

1 hour ago, ck1Oz said:

Did you guys read about renting winter clothes over at Incheon airport for your stay? It was advertised last winter and I had a look at the clothes choices. Very chic and stylish. In case you guys want to look like Kdrama stars.

My cousin dressed likewise during her winter visit to SKorea and returned home with a  three quarter length parka, ear muffs, ahjumma-style  scarf:D and beanie hat. I remembered "making of...." interviews. When the director yells "cut", the stylists run to them with parka and hot packs:lol:

Okay guys, here’s the overarching question we are all wondering; if prof is revealing truth now, or at least risking the truth she was hiding from being uncovered now that it’s all coming clean, why did she have the child rapist kill JJs oppa? Why did JJs oppa have to die if this was all gonna come out? I don’t know if my question makes sense, it’s just that right after he died, prof started getting involved. She didn’t even wait to see if HJ would let it go or if things would just steam down. 

Like you guys suggested, the rapist of GY could have been the child rapist guy. Prof thought it was her husband who did it because of his cell phone and the ahjussi video. So she killed her on the spot. Then later found out it wasn’t the case.

but if she was gonna protect her husband, why is she now throwing him under the bus all to protect this child rapist? 

I think this this is why the plot is so messed up now. It’s all so confusing and complex.

22 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Okay guys, here’s the overarching question we are all wondering; if prof is revealing truth now, or at least risking the truth she was hiding from being uncovered now that it’s all coming clean, why did she have the child rapist kill JJs oppa? Why did JJs oppa have to die if this was all gonna come out? I don’t know if my question makes sense, it’s just that right after he died, prof started getting involved. She didn’t even wait to see if HJ would let it go or if things would just steam down. 

Like you guys suggested, the rapist of GY could have been the child rapist guy. Prof thought it was her husband who did it because of his cell phone and the ahjussi video. So she killed her on the spot. Then later found out it wasn’t the case.

but if she was gonna protect her husband, why is she now throwing him under the bus all to protect this child rapist? 

I think this this is why the plot is so messed up now. It’s all so confusing and complex.

I know it's confusing but I will ride it out till the end... why?... I really really want to know the truth and nothing but the truth (the whole truth)!!!

What's with the powder drink, does the professor gonna commit suicide?

I used to watch these cause of our otp but now I'm not interested with them anymore, just want to know the whole story.

It seems the professor orchestrated the whole scenario till her very end?!

19 minutes ago, wink said:

I know it's confusing but I will ride it out till the end... why?... I really really want to know the truth and nothing but the truth (the whole truth)!!!

What's with the powder drink, does the professor gonna commit suicide?

I used to watch these cause of our otp but now I'm not interested with them anymore, just want to know the whole story.

It seems the professor orchestrated the whole scenario till her very end?!

I know I saw that and I was like whaaat how can she get a corrections officer to give her a spiked water all to commit suicide? She got a secret network or something? But if she’s willing to die some commenters said maybe it’s cause she has leukemia and she’s gonna die anyways (which also explains bruises)

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

The romance is slow and there are only hints.

it's not even slow, they pretty are on a standstill. They completely stopped and haven't made any progress since EH semi-confessed his feelings towards JJ in front of her apartment. He explained her something to prevent her being jealous.

And I mean, she should know by now. Doesn't she put any thought into it? I mean, even the slowest human on earth should realize by now that it isn't coincidence anymore that they meet night for night at the courtroom. Over and over again they seek each other. Just "working" with each other and him observing her how she falls asleep doesn't do the trick anymore.

It's just bad decisionmaking if you hint and prepare for something over the course of the drama and at one point totally hinder them at evolving and developing further. 

If you do not want to end it properly, then don't do it in the first place. Because as of know, their lovestory feels kind of wasted. 

@inna75 @philosophie

You're right, it's like in Witch's Court. God...Witch Court.....I remember again how upset I was about the ending. 

They really have to explain everything somehow. Yoo's character and overall behaviour seems so off.  

Archived