[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

I just watched this drama and even if there are many negative comments about the writing but I like the fact that there is a balance of comedy and seriousness in this drama.. I would not comment so much on the writing as I am neither a script writer nor I can read what is the motivation of the writer. I also do not want to comment on SK's judicial process as I believe every country has its own way of doing things. One thing I am certain is that this drama has almost all the best actors and actresses in it and each one has connection to each other..and that makes this watchable.

Anyway..I agree with @carolinedl..with just 4 eps on air so far, it is too easy to point out that HJ is the culprit. So far each ep seemed to unravel more and more secrets between the characters. I am not surprised if the next few eps, we will see the real reason behind the interest the ex prison guard cum intern had on the case, the single mother cum intern''s reason for her rather weird reaction every time someone mentioned about the lady who killed her husband's case. Of course the ex Blue-House bodyguard must have some relation with DMK since she use to work there..somehow I believed she might 'unknowingly' know some crucial information about DMK while he was the chief of staff in the Blue House (plus the rape case was when he was the Chief of Staff). And then there is this rift between HJ and Judge Sah (JS) and also JS's cold shoulder towards her at the cafeteria. The mystery is still deep. Even if it looks like HJ make that initial deal but it could be the deal was for someone else. HJ was shown to have a rather care less kinda attitude and can be quite reckless but the way he treat his mom imply he has a good heart..And the aegyo gestures he made when he was with LJJ..I am puzzled on what motivates the writer to create such an extreme character if it turns out he is in fact the bad guy from the very beginning.. Se Ra is another mysterious character in this drama. And because of this mysteries, I intend to stay with this drama ..as long as I can..hehehe

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heyo! Haven't been in the forums for quite some time now, but I am enjoying this little drama, despite its criticisms of the writing. I've started to mostly ignore bad-ish writing (unless it's horrible), since I only care about whether I enjoy the drama or not :)

Anyway, we can probably all agree that HJ isn't the culprit with a 100% certainty. He is involved somehow, but most likely not the actual doer of the doing... That makes me curious about what JJ's brother exactly meant with that the culprit was in the courtroom when he was judged for his prison violence. I'm thinking of either one out of three things: 1) He only meant that HJ is involved with the crime, but not the actual doer. 2) He believes and is convinced that HJ is the true doer of the crime, when it probably isn't. 3) He meant someone else sitting in the same courtroom, maybe sitting in it right at that moment, or at another moment in the past.

If it's number 3, that's just makes the whole thing way more interesting. It might also be the most unlikely one, since he was looking right in HJ's eyes as he said it. Could there be a fourth option, would you reckon?

16 hours ago, mannequinstar12 said:

I think han joon has another brother. That brother maybe the one who raped gayoung. 

Me too, I think han joon has another brother. I don't believe if Han joon is the killer. I think Han Joon want to save her mother from his father. 

On 12/5/2017 at 2:50 AM, tokieda90 said:

Me too, I think han joon has another brother. I don't believe if Han joon is the killer. I think Han Joon want to save her mother from his father. 

Although @tokieda90 he wants to protect his mom , she is just as guilty. She is protecting her husband. I would like to know why and what is her endgame. Han Joon has been manipulating her client by bonding with him with maternal love when he real affection is for her son. 

After watching episode 9 & 10 I am so glad I didn’t suspect Han Joon. All this plotting is all due to His father. I want to know Myung Hee’s motive In protecting the man who is abusing her and might have been abusive to her son when he was younger. It was way to easy the way all GR clues was pointing toward Han Joon. Myung Hee seduced that psychopath and forced him to murder CKH. 

I feel bad for Han Joon because he really likes Jung Joo but now with her brothers death she will never trust him or his mother. I wonder how will Myung Hee react to JJ being cold to her. Will she be okay or will she be happy. I still haven’t found what is in her heart yet. 

On 12/4/2017 at 7:34 AM, mannequinstar12 said:

I think han joon has another brother. That brother maybe the one who raped gayoung. 

@mannequinstar12  This is and interesting theory.. Maybe HJ has a split personality.. He could have pick up this viloent behavior from his father whom seems to be a wife of domestic abuse.  (The cycle do keep repeating from father to son) But I thought the father admitted that he was the killer..   His reasons for riding a motorcycle is apart of the killing and some how he's up to hid neck in it .. 

Well if he has another brother with this type of behavior don't excused his shady personality.. 

Ok just read the latesat comments so it was HJ brother..

On 11/29/2017 at 1:00 PM, ck1Oz said:

HD free is a subbing site as well? I know VIU is subbing. The original site credits their subs. Subsequent streaming sites which uses it don't. I am pretty sure viki uses the VIU ones. It looked the same last week.

Is this viki site VIU ?

Viki has it licensed but it comes with subs. And not done by viki volunteers last week anyway. And the license is only for English. Weird license.

However since I normally check the original source for subs which credits it, I know where it comes from. Whatever happened to DF? Do they sub their dramas these days?

I am off to watch the episode...

What a great and sad episode at the same time. Looking forward to the next one. Kinda sad that Judge's Lee brother is about to die, but someone had to die at one point anyway, so why not make things interesting now.

I just hoped it would happen after Judge Lee & Sa get closer and start to date, but well, can't have everything, but at least this makes sure Judge Lee will never date that Prosecutor Do.

48 minutes ago, Dhakra said:

What a great and sad episode at the same time. Looking forward to the next one. Kinda sad that Judge's Lee is about to die, but someone had to die at one point anyway, so why not make things interesting now.

I just hoped it would happen after Judge Lee & Sa get closer and start to date, but well, can't have everything, but at least this makes sure Judge Lee will never date that Prosecutor Do.

Haven't watch the latest ep.. what judgle Lee is about to die? Our heroine Lee jung Joo not her brother?

i can't take anymore Park Eun Bin's role. :bawling:dying

@haymochi It isn't Judge Lee dying. It's actually her brother (since that is the driving factor to the plot of this drama). After finding out Jiwon die in Age of Youth 2, I can't have her dying in here as well. I need my romance with my 2 judge with a happily ever after. So her dying is a no no no! LOL!

Honestly I am sad her brother is dying especially when he had to suffer for the past 10 years. He not only lost his freedom, but he lost his mother and his sister and just when he rekindle the sibling relationship back with his sister, he is tragically murder. 

His death will be the one mistakes that will tear Judge Lee apart from Han Joon and his family. I love their rapport but sadly, they are not meant to be. Hopefully they'll be prepare for Judge Lee fury. And it will be interesting to see whether Han Joon will fall and become as bad as his family. I mean even though he had no involvement on Kim Ga Young's death and he was protecting his family, but overall he is guilty by association because he knew the truth but conceal it resulting in an innocent man in jail and eventually death. 

And the person happen to be Judge Lee brother and he knew that it is her brother but had conceal his innocent even then. Now with his death, it would be their breaking point in term of their friendship as well as with Judge Sa who hold him at arm length. They were best of friends but with Kim Ga Young death, it became a stained relationship. 

I am really curious to see how it'll play out once feelings start getting involve.

Now discussion of my favorite person Judge Sa. He is so calm and level-headed that he comes off as a smarty-a$$ to his superior that I just love it. Definitely love all his small moments with Judge Lee in this episode. He's so enagmatic on his feeling towards Judge Lee that I am really curious if he had long fallen for her. Although he doesn't show it, but he literally does care about her like Han Joon mom had call him out for. Even though he say it's annoying but it's completely opposite, that it just mean he worries and care. Honestly he's like her protector / secret knight in shining armour, jumping to her aid and defending her (in a way that it doesn't make anyone see it as suspicious cause he's so logically in what he say, LOL). 

PLEASE, I need more of their moment together.

Why do I get the feeling that the real culprit is HJ's mom?

The others are too obvious. Now we know HJ is innocent and he made that deal to protect JJ actually. I think he suspected his Dad was somehow behind the whole ordeal but he could not prove anything. And to make sure his Dad would not "touch" JJ, he made that deal with JJ's bro to take the fall

But HJ's Dad is also too obvious as the real murderer. He was really outfront about knowing the killer was not JJ's bro with EH's dad

Hence, the only one that has not shown any card in hand is HJ's mom. I was wondering why such a powerful actress would  play a mere role as an abused wife cum ex judge cum professor cum role model for her kids..unless, something bigger behind her character..similar to Pinocchio..

And then there's the romance..hmm

I like the little innuendos between JJ and EH so far..sweet and refreshing..

But I also like the fatal attraction between JJ and HJ..especially since HJ was such a daredevil about both his feelings and proving his innocence, which I think it is an attractive quality too..

So..i am in dilemma..both men has equal chance, as far as I am concern..and it would be interesting to see how the Writer would play out this part of the drama..

4 hours ago, cutestrobery said:

I'm new here. Yeah both male leads  are interesting and acted by very good actors.

my main problem is the idol that act as the 2nd female lead who has a crush on Judge Sa. She is just so bad bad bad... her facial expression and tones are weird *i'm 

@cutestrobery..... Welcome to our wonderful thread chingu. Looking forward your POV.  I don’t like her either because 1. She is stalkerish ,   2. She is going to always try to get in between them, 3. She purposely blab to Judge Choi about HJ giving the victims sneakers smh smh, 4. Next she will tell Judge Choi that Judge Sa and her are dating. Lol Lol I agree her acting isn’t great either. 

10 hours ago, inna75 said:

Why do I get the feeling that the real culprit is HJ's mom?

Yup, I also think she has sthg to do with it... Ok so we discovered that it was actually the dad who gave the shoes to GY, so he was the one who had an affair with her. But the whole alibi is the mother. I think that maybe he was with GY  that night and the mother discovered that and got someone (Jang Soon Book's husband?) to rape and kill her?

I feel sorry for DHJ, trying to protect his mother and Judge Lee too.

@cutestrobery Yeah, she is not the best actress out there and her role is a bit annoying too. What's her intentions babbling it all out to everyone? I cannot figure her out. I mean she seems to like Judge Sa but her actiosn are all over the place and don't really make sense in relation to her liking him. She keeps giving out info to him that would get him more interested in Judge Lee's case (she was the one that pointed out the shoes)... I am so confused when it comes to her...

18 hours ago, Dhakra said:

What a great and sad episode at the same time. Looking forward to the next one. Kinda sad that Judge's Lee brother is about to die, but someone had to die at one point anyway, so why not make things interesting now.

@Dhakra  I think two people died the lady that tried to kill herself in the court room her son died or HJ dad lock him up some where.. How else did HJ get that shoe from the boy all these years he has never let go of that shoe and now this.. 

11 hours ago, inna75 said:

Hence, the only one that has not shown any card in hand is HJ's mom. I was wondering why such a powerful actress would  play a mere role as an abused wife cum ex judge cum professor cum role model for her kids..unless, something bigger behind her character..similar to Pinocchio..

Hello @inna75  This is the big Question about HJ mom maybe she will reveal her husband true character when he thought he had this election in the bag..  I think she will tell all and ask how can she be the first lady of the country afterall her and husband did.. 

Even though in some countries some would wipe it off and keep pushing to the blue house carrying all there dirty crimes with them

Archived