[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

On 1/5/2018 at 11:11 AM, haymochi said:

Well another drama wheere Eun Bin gets another  uncomplete romance :bawling:

haymochi

Hope they both will co- operate again in the next drama She is a good actress In ep27 She was really in the character of jung joo . So much hurt and sadness

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest , according to the duration length. There are only 2 episodes left I'm not sure what the writer still can do After the writer had messed up the storyline. Perhaps extend it to ep36 instead of ep32:(

So the preview seems to be a little romantic cause it mentions how judge as wants her to smile or whatever. Like seriously, we’re gonna have more romance in a PREVIEW than the actual show? And now suddenly it’s the central focus when for all of the episodes there’s been minimal romance? And okay that’s fine, but can the writernim or someone please tell me what is really going on cause I’m so confused.

@syl47c..chinggu..thank you

For some reason, I open my live stream about 15 minutes before the end..peeking through to see how it ends today..and I saw all those scenes shown in the clip above...and yes, finally!!! Though no kisses ..but at least..moving forward and not in the last episode yet

I got a feeling probably the production might get too many "love" letters from the fan that they decided to end the drama part of the show quickly and give the fan service even earlier...hehehe..

Finally we get to see JJ being the one who felt something..we've seen too may of EH's moment (in fact the incident in the supermarket and at JJ's home really make me fluttered and boiling at the same time). EH was hinting many times but JJ was so aloof. But the last scene where JJ keep on imagining EH's presence was done with class, IMO..so,  the last 15 minutes was worth watching! And I hope tomorrow will be a satisfying ending to already a messy story line...jeballl...

9 minutes ago, inna75 said:

@syl47c..chinggu..thank you

For some reason, I open my live stream about 15 minutes before the end..peeking through to see how it ends today..and I saw all those scenes shown in the clip above...and yes, finally!!! Though no kisses ..but at least..moving forward and not in the last episode yet

I got a feeling probably the production might get too many "love" letters from the fan that they decided to end the drama quickly and give the fan service even earlier...hehehe..

Finally we get to see JJ being the one who felt something..we've seen too may of EH's moment (in fact the incident in the supermarket and at JJ's home really make me fluttered and boiling at the same time). EH was hinting many times but JJ was so aloof. But the last scene where JJ keep on imagining EH's presence was done with class, IMO..so,  the last 15 minutes was worth watching! And I hope tomorrow will be a satisfying ending to already a messy story line...jeballl...

Haha @inna75 you're most welcome! Happy to share the good stuff with everyone! :wink: 

I was ROFL'ing at Judge Sa's numerous attempts to get Judge Lee's acknowledgement/affection  - even her mother created opportunities a couple of times and tried nudging both of them along  <3 <3 - but Judge Lee was too dense to realise then!! *facepalm*

But tonight's close to the episode was GOOD! Raised my hopes up for tomorrow's ending *fingers crossed*

It'd better be a satisfying ending, else I'll also be one of the fans writing a lengthy "love letter" to the production for ruining the entire drama for me! 

1 hour ago, syl47c said:

The closing of tonight's episode 30   <3 <3

Reveal hidden contents

I just finished watching the raw They are so cute i'll watch the sub tomorrow afternoon yeah finally jung joo realized and eui hyun confessed to her at the end of ep30^_^^_^

Cool came at the right time for spoilers. It's freaking middle of the night but the only time I have to watch this. 

Finally. Hallelujah. And yes saw the preview before the episode aired. I still haven't watched last week's episodes after I read the spoilers. Will probably do all 4 episodes at once. Can't stand anymore of the machinations. I still like this drama because of the restrained OTP.. Everything looks better in elegant clothing. Those 2 are just beautiful people. They just look gorgeous from any angle or shot. Wish I could see them in this drama's clothing as a magazine shoot.

Can you tell I have given up on the plot. Am in an extremely good mood this morning. After hearing that the FoS has a new drama coming up with my favourite actors. Absolutely nothing- crappy ending or not for this drama- can ruin my mood.

Addit- just finished the scenes. Omg they are so sweet. My cheeks are aching. Thank god there was no legal jargon so I understood everything. I can take this sort of fan service. Hah. The last time I addressed someone as pangsanim I had so much respect for that position. But not after the supermarket scene. That would be some awkward  dating. I am more used to doctors and professors at my work. But judges are a new thing. Lawyers are plentiful. Judges not.

Those 2 are so sweet. Lol. What's her name if not Judge Lee is so clueless. And really did J Sah really made her that many cups of tea? Or was it coffee. 

This was way more than i anicipated or hope for from this drama. I was expecting an open ended ending. And not even hand holding. The whole seaweed soup scene made me laugh. And him trying to stay and she being oblivious. Plus the inadvertent confession to a real Judge Sah. See? Even I can't remember their names. Just Lee and Sah pangsa- nim.

@ck1Oz I heard about the writer of FOS having a new medical drama and the casting in it so I'm stoke on it as well.

Good news on that so I am hoping we get good news on Judge as well and sound like even though still minimal romance (cause I want more and more of their scene together), at least there is romance after we been waiting for so so long on this drama.

Finally some progress for our OTP. Just wish it wasn’t near end of show. 

JJ asked prof what I and some of you have been wondering: why did she kill her oppa? Seems like the prof was scared for her to get close to truth so she did that. I can kinda see where she’s coming from and I do appreciate at least that they 8ncludednthat scene to explain other loose ends. 

I would just write a short post for future viewers... probably to avoid this writer. The cast has been fantastic and so has the directing, lighting, music, set set up etc. The only letdown is the writing. HJ's bedroom and house is even more luxuriously set up than the rich Choi house in MGL. Sah EH's house as well. Both HJ and EH has been dressed more luxuriously and stylishly than almost any male characters. They are always in complementary colours and an ensemble. I will miss their outfits. Today's burgundy and grey ensemble was especially nice.

The writer must have done some research. And I am saying this based on facts. And it must be current research. If you think about it the case numbers are pretty much on point. And if we follow the current trends when writers write episodes. And it looks as if she is doing it in real time. Court case numbes starts at 0 when 2018 starts and it was 58 for the juvenile trial. And the other case was over 10 000. The S Korean court cases coincidentally was over 10000 in late Nov/ Dec. 

And the writer (  who is he this Seo In ) anyway they picked a child rape and murder scenario as the main plot. Something guaranteed to garner revulsion. Then they picked a topical topic... school bullying.

And it's just terrible to saddle the 2nd male lead with parents who are rapists and murderers. Geez man that is just unfair. For Kdrama standards. Now you would know in Kdrama fantasy Ending Land he would never have his potential future happy ending.

However the execution of the plot is so contrived. And clumsy. And depends on too many coincidences. Look at the 6 degrees of separation for the main plot characters. Not to mention the dead defendant didn't; well couldn't be charged for perjury. Well you can't persecute a dead person. But the whole lax security in the court house. Anyone of you who goes to court knows ( well in SK ) that the guards check you and your bags.

Then the whole bullying incidence this ending week. Sigh. There are over 1000 judges in S Korea. It just has to be the chief judge's  daughter? I am sure Netizens would have discovered her identity. But anyway, those girls are juveniles anyway and can't be charged as adults. And the writer purposely makes the moralistic lecturing teacher stance and even emphasises by making the judges point with their pens. 

Gosh. I think this writer is terrible. I am not watching their work again. There are other elements in this drama which I enjoy namely the acting and clothing. So that's why I haven't dropped it. But if it had been anyone other than this fine cast- would have dropped it like a hot potato.

• The begiinning of the episode feels so over the top. Why do they have to bloat it up like that? Her monologue and overly dramatic attempt to judge herself feels so odd and out of place. It just feels so......acted.
    But it was somehow clear that her suicide attempt fails.
  • 15 years? You serious? She murdered an innocent girl who desperately cried for help, successfully ordered someone to kill somebody, kept crucial evidence for herself and willingy made the wrong verdict. She took justice in her own hands and destroyed more than one life forever.
    And 15 years is the best they can come up with?
  • It's funny that Assemblyman Do's case, which was initially one of the main cases of the drama and of significant importance, is dealt with in a minor scene. So all this fuss and then the whole case is solved during a news announement on TV? 
    All this blackmailing, corruption and stuff and we don't even see the actual case in court? We just get a news-flash that "he gets time in prison"?
  • I really struggled that EH never actually said anything to HJ about his feelings towards JJ. When he asked him to sit down, I finally thought he would tell or at least hint at him that he may have feelings for JJ. But it didn't happen. So it suprised me quite a bit that actually HJ figured out on his own that EH cares deeply for JJ. He noticed how he looks at her.
    So in the end, he knows and gives them his blessing.
  • Somehow HJ followed his mother's path (which failed as we know) and chose the easy way out. He leaves in silence and avoids the confrontation with JJ. His doings after the court felt a little coward-ish to me. 
  • And why the hell do we get another random case this week with the involvement of the chief judge's daughter? AFTER the main plot! It could have totally be done beforehand as a filler case. Because it feels exactly like that. A filler case. There is no specific mindset or situation needed. It's not necessary that any of the cast is behind bars or in a specific position. It somehow feels totally odd to have a brand new case now, when the actual main case has already been solved. 
    And if he had issues with filling time, then why not show us a litle bit of Do in court. Or more scenes on HJ forgiving his father. A few more father/son scenes.
  • EH keeps throwing hints at JJ, but she really doesn't get it. I thought after her "eye candy" towards EH she would hop on onto the train that leads to Sahville but it really was just a pain.
  • But I WAS SO HAPPY when JJ's mother showed up in front of her home and took the initiative. They teamed up and outplayed JJ right away. :D It was so funny how she helped him, she maybe didn't even know HOW much she helped him. They were the perfect secret Tag-Team. 
    And with this in mind, this is by far the best scene of the drama. I laughed so hard. You could make SO MUCH MEMES with it. :D 
    Spoiler

giphy.gif

• I wish girls would look at me like this when I change a bulb. I'm even taller than EH!
  • Okay, the last few minutes were so cute. She may have finally realized she has feelings for EH. The last scene is the perfect start for a heart-warming romantic last episode that resolves in a kiss.
    So I warn you drama, if you screw this up now. If she even dares to talk this down now and take a step back, we're done. Then I will take the drama to court. It owns me 16 hours of my life!

Archived