[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

@Nynda..you are taller than EH?..hmmm...interesting :wink:..there are many light bulbs needed to be changed here at my house...hahahaha..just  kidding

Anyway, I've always enjoyed your summary @Nynda and @ck1Oz..and yes, after watching the subbed version, I still think the plot is clumsily done..I got this feeling that the PD decided to end the twist earlier, so that they had more time focusing on the judges, rather than the mystery. I have no doubt the writer might have done his/her homework on getting the technical facts right (the case references, the issues) but did a rather sloppy job in tying all the plots together as well as tap into the the emotions of each character. That is why we end up watching over dramatic plots such as the failed attempted suicide, the sudden burst in the courthouse and the so-called rationale in every plot so far...I mean I still cannot comprehend why the whole elaboration of the Prof's plan unless if she is deemed to have some psychotic past. She did not even resort to that self-abused thingy until recently. This part of the drama was seriously overdone.

I remembered watching the opening interview about this drama. The director had assured that the drama will be different from other legal dramas  because she wanted to show the other side of the courthouse. We had too much of prosecution and defendant side of the story but she wanted for us to view the usual cases through the point of view of  a judge and understand the emotion and circumstance that the judge had to go through for each case. Unfortunately, the writing of the scenario did not do her justice. The whole cast and direction were perfect but not the writing. I think if she could have done differently, the focus will be on each case without any personal interference. In order to introduce the dramatic part of the drama, the whole mystery could have been done as a sub-plot. And I also need to mention that in the synopsis of the drama, the gist of this drama is about one judge against some powerful powers, which I did not see at all since I don't think either Prof Yoo or Assembly Do seemed to be that powerful in this drama. Hence, again, I think the plot was overdone...plus, there are still some questions unanswered (who is the hooded man? I dont think we see any hoods on Assembly Do's assemble when he was allegedly raping GY. Why is EH and HJ the same age if HJ was conceived on the night EH's dad left Prof Yoo? Why the elaborate plot? What makes GY's dad had the urge to kill JBS's husband? They could have just fought, beat each other up. What happen to GY's dad now since he is, to my understanding, the most vested party in this case since he has been angry with the wrong person whom he thought killed his daughter. How would he react when he found out the person whom he thought he can trust enough to confess about the murder of JBS's husband, was actually the one behind it? This character was also prematurely ended)

But since the PD has redeemed with some progress of the OTP, my resentment towards this drama has declined a bit (not so much..depending on tonight's last ep..hehehe)...

On a side note, I would also wish the PD could redeem by actually creating a spin-off of this drama, focusing on Han Joon. With all the scars he has, it will be interesting to see how he could continue his life as a prosecutor. Okay..okay..another legal drama..cliche, I know, but the focus in on HJ as a person and I really want to see the actor with his strong emotions again...with new love interest , of course..The OTP could appear as cameo in that drama..hehehe (so that at least we know that they have happy ending, right?)..Also throw in Judge CS (the assistance judge of the Chief Judge..whom we still don't know about why he is postponing his marriage..I would love to see more of him) as well as the Justice League..their character ends rather prematurely too..

#justmy2cents

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I KIND of don't understand yoo myung hee If i was her i rather divorced my husband 10 years ago and prosecuted him I think that way could protect her judgeship and reputation

Why she killed ga yeon and ordered kim joo hyung to kill jung joo's brother?

1 hour ago, LeeN said:

Did you notice that jin sera character Na Hea Ryung  has become supporting character instead of main

Yoo Myung hee character Kim Hae Sook has become main character

She is more like a cameo lol

poor her, i thought she was promised a 2nd female lead

Hi hi

managed to start and catch up on this show over the week.  The initial premise/plot makes it a draw.  Was really curious to find out how did GY's death/rape and the murder of JBS's hubby.  If indeed it was Senator Do who raped GY, why did he think it was HJ who did it (since he apparently had no memory of what happened when he is drunk) and can write off the car immediately the next day?  Too many questions that were not properly tied up. 

1 hour ago, haymochi said:

She is more like a cameo lol

poor her, i thought she was promised a 2nd female lead

The writer might not sure what he/she wants After jang so bok case the story totally lost

10 hours ago, philosophie said:

@Nynda HJ commmitted suicide?

Nah. :D But he disappered in silence aswell and tries to run away. His leaving, especially without talking to JJ feels a little off. I wonder if we see him again in the last episode. If not, it would be a disappointing end for him. He lost his parents, his girl towards his best friend and somehow he lost also his job. 

6 hours ago, inna75 said:

@Nynda..you are taller than EH?..hmmm...interesting :wink:..there are many light bulbs needed to be changed here at my house...hahahaha..just  kidding

Oh yeah, EH is 182cm, I'm 193cm. :D So quite a difference. 

I agree with pretty much everything you said. :) The plot feels clumsy and became rather weak towards the end. I guess you're also correct that the plot was ended rashly so he could focus more on the individual judges. 

But I wonder why he did it in that order, he could have done it different. That would have created a few better moments aswell.

As of now, I just wish we get at least a kiss for our OTP. The main case is solved and the new filler case isn't of much interest. 

6 hours ago, inna75 said:

But since the PD has redeemed with some progress of the OTP, my resentment towards this drama has declined a bit (not so much..depending on tonight's last ep..hehehe)...

I feel the same. :D 

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

@inna75 I’m still wondering about that too, how HJ and EH are same age if he was conceived night of EHs dads wedding or whatever. Also EHs mom is never once mentioned. 

Yeah, I mentioned this a few weeks ago and it probably still is what bothers me the most. We don't know anything about EH's mother or family in general. Was EH an orphan? Or did his father just had an affair? He can't be born after HJ, since it was mentioned that he is older than HJ.

46 minutes ago, Nynda said:
5 hours ago, philosophie said:

@inna75 I’m still wondering about that too, how HJ and EH are same age if he was conceived night of EHs dads wedding or whatever. Also EHs mom is never once mentioned. 

Yeah, I mentioned this a few weeks ago and it probably still is what bothers me the most. We don't know anything about EH's mother or family in general. Was EH an orphan? Or did his father just had an affair? He can't be born after HJ, since it was mentioned that he is older than HJ.

The age thing didn't bother me so much since all ages in a year roll over at the start of a new year in Korea. Since that's a 12 month period, the idea that EH could be the same age can work with pregnancy only being 9 months.

The 'older' reference is what I found a bit confusing. The only way I could get it to work was to assume that EH's mom was pregnant when they got married (even if it was very early in the pregnancy).  could be 'older' in the sense that he was conceived first and also the same age based on year of birth (making them 'same-age' chingus as opposed to hyung/dongsaeng). It would allow both statements to be true.  It wouldn't necessarily mean an affair if EH's mom and dad got married very quickly after meeting because she was pregnant. It would depend on when EH dad and HJ mom split up. Does this make sense or have I completely turned around in circles?

I also wish we knew about his mother though!

Okay... officially...sucks..really suck

Though I like all the innuendos and moments in this episode but NO KISS at all!!??? Really..really..??? (pulling hair...). So what was the last scene of last night's episode all about then? Why took 2 years to see each other again and then still no kiss? Why? Why? Why?

At least Radiant Office has one peck at the end of the episode, and some hugs here and there..

Witch Court has two kisses..even if they are drunk kisses..and also hugs here and there

But this one NO KISS!!!???? I am too pissed off...

I dont remember who in this forum but someone mentioned about the OTP feeling guilty because of HJ, thus they would not be together..I guess the Writer felt the same way...aishhhh...still..no excuse

There were too many opportunities for the kiss to happen but nothing..nothing (pulling hair again and again..at this rate I am getting balder)

I guess the Writer take the notion that judges do not carry their emotion on their faces too literally...hence the rather slow progress of the OTP..seriously Writer nim..seriously...

The Writer's version of...

KISS - eating tobokki from each other's chopstick (at least they "indirectly" touch each other's lips)

BED SCENE - EH touching JJ's hand while sleeping together....on the table....after reviewing cases...

HUG - EH putting his hand over JJ's shoulder..to help her up after somehow sprained her ankle..maybe due to her weak knee..after realising she has feeling for EH (a rather complicated hug)

The Writer also seemed to like some scene/ moments from the hit dramas and try to insert in this drama..

Winter Sonata- - riding the bus together/ running through the rain

The Gentleman of Wolgyesu Tailor Shop - hands in the man's pocket

#TRYINGNOTTOBESACARSTICHERE
#REALLYWRITERREALLY

#ROLLINGEYES

Thank  God i have no expectation of

the drama at all due to the writer and pd. 

Only watching because of Park Eun Bin ... i was happy because she was paired with yoon Weojin too.

the drama premise was compeling at first with the hot headed judge. I thought Han Joon  character will be more complicated than just having messed up parents. I guess it's the actor DongHa that made HJ character more interesting than what is written.

hope to see these casts in  better projects soon. Can't wait for Dong Ha to get a leading role asap..

Thanks to all of you whom share your thoughts with me of Judge Vs Judge sorry for my lack English I  really enjoy to share with you all here I am sure we will meet in an excellent drama later 

I'ml looking forward for Woo jin and Eun bin will be co operating again Happy :)

At last it is time to say goodbye to a drama that was promising at the start but took a wrong turn and derail for the worse. Lesson learned towards this writer.

To the actors and actresses, thank you for stay committed and giving it your all. I hope to see you guys in future dramas.

To everyone in here, it was a good ride to share with you guys the good and the bad of this drama. Hope to see you guys in other drama (I know some are in Hwayugi which I lurk :))

Archived