[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you guys watch last episodes? Waiting for it to be subbed but will probably skip a little bit once I watch it.

Thank you guys for being here cause I think I would have been more disappointed and frustrated with show if I was watching it all alone. There aren’t much kdramas about judges and it is very rare to see a mentor x pupil dynamic between women so I was really enjoying this show initially (sans the emberassing moments of JJ). I am a bit sad how it turned out and I wouldn’t recommend this to someone that wants a solid law kdrama to watch. 

But for those who haven’t watched this or plan to binge it, if you have time to kill then go for it. Otherwise, brace yourself for a let down...

4 hours ago, philosophie said:

But for those who haven’t watched this or plan to binge it, if you have time to kill then go for it. Otherwise, brace yourself for a let down.

@philosophie  I expected to be let down adn that is why I dropped this drama. Kept checking in to see if my interest would be peaked and it didn't . :bawling:

5 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@philosophie  I expected to be let down adn that is why I dropped this drama. Kept checking in to see if my interest would be peaked and it didn't . :bawling:

You’re not missing out at all.

Okay so just finished last episodes to satisfy my curiosity of how things would wrap up.

HJ is working in a market and still thinking of JJ. My god my heart goes out to this poor second male lead. I do give a shout out to the cast cause even if the writing was crap, the Ctors stayed immersed in their role till the end. And I’m glad at least now I know the actor HJ and I hope hope hope he gets a lead role in a  Future drama. Please!!! 

No no idea what happened to him cause last episode with time jump didn’t show him. The students mentioned that knuckle head prosecutor would come back but that’s it.

that judge with glasses, the one who was engaged to the klepto that bullied Se ra and who I shipped with the student baby mama, is gay?? I didn’t understand that part cause it was vague but did I get that right???

So last episode, huh?

• I love the beginning. Judge Choi & Moon were awesome. I also loved EH straight forwardness. No games, no beating around the bushes. When Judge Moon "accused" him of having strong feelings towards JJ, he didn't play it cool. Je just confirmed it with a clear "I do". 
    That's so awesome of him. He always was a person of clear words, I love that he keeps being like that in situations like these.
    He really does well in that situation. He somehow confesses to JJ without actual doing it. And based on JJ's face, she is totally surprised by his actions. 
  • Judge Sah's confession was so sweet.....
    ......only to hear "Give me some time to think about my feelings". Okay.....guy talk here:
    These words are probably the most painful words you can hear as a man. We hate these words SO much. It's even worse than getting rejected. It feels like hanging in mid-air, waiting to either fall to the ground and getting hurt or to be able to land safely.
    And the problem on top is, how do we act with her from this point? Everything you do or say feels odd and strange. It always makes us uncomfortable.
  • I have no clue what CS problem is. 
  • Okay, so...WHAT!? So.....2 years later!? They do a time skip in the middle of her search for feelings? We don't get anything?
  • SO they really want to tell me that 2 years have passed after that moment and they did NOTHING!? Are you serious? All this for nothing? To see them walk pass each other on a freaking train?
  • I mean, I can't really believe what the writer tries to tell me. So they had this cute meal together where he finally confesses to her and then spent the last day together before seperating to different apartments. Where they both somehow noticed that they feel something for each other and then what?
  • They just leave for the day and that's it? She continues to think about her feelings for two years and he comfortably waits for them for freaking 2 years??? Are you kidding me? What kind of nonsense richard simmons writing is this? 
  • THIS is the end the writer had in mind? They just have no contact for two years and he just writes her "Hey, come to where I am" and she thinks "Oh yeah, nice idea, why didn't I think about that"?
    After all the stuff they did BEFORE the time skip? 
  • Seriously, I'm done with this. 16 hours of my life wasted. 
  • EH just walked around the streets for two years....thinking "Oh well, maybe she needs a little more time to think about this matter". "I'm totally cool with waiting". But hey, just texting her to come over would have been enough. Sad for him that it took two years to figure it out.
  • Just in case you didn't notice, but I'm rather upset and angry with the ending.
  • We don't even get a kiss! What the heck!
  • Worst. Ending. Ever.
  • Congratz Mystery Queen, somehow managed to be even worse.
  • How unsatisfying. The end was wrapped up too quickly, the romance was built up well but executed poorly and the drama has more plotholes than the US election. I mean, this drama opens so much questions and doesn't even answer them.
  • GOSH, How upset I am with the romance. How could they screw this up SO badly?? They aren't even a real couple at the end. Why not give them at least one sweet moments. JJ never even really confessed her feelings.
  • This is so unsatisfying, I'm really MAD. -_- 

@Nynda omg your input .. daebak, I love reading them :wink: 

This writer is really lacking in the romance department. Let me think about my feelings and get back to you (in 2 years). I'm sure out here, it would be I give you a week to get back to me, maybe 2 but after that, it's nah, I get it. *applause* for Judge Sah to wait for 2 years.

The romance in Witch Court was lacking but at least there was kissing and obvious hint throughout that they had feeling for each other. The writer should learn from the writer in Witch Court if she wanted to be subtle in romance. In here, Judge Sah feeling was obvious throughout the run of the drama whereas JJ feelings for both guys were extremely lacking (hardly even there) and then since the drama is coming to an end, a day without Judge Sah becomes a realization of love!! And then there it is, we finally know what JJ is feeling. We can read her feelings now *face palm*

16 hour and a bottle of champagne wasted to a could've of been great but it isn't. I don't blame the actors or what the premiere was promising views. I blame the writer for the derailment. And now, if I had to recommend this drama to others, I would definitely recommend it, but only watch when drunk. lol

@Nynda...as usual...love your thoughts..hehehe'

I am much cooler now that I sleep on it...

Even so..still not liking the drama anymore...

Just to share..JJ did confess..at least the writer's version of confessing - holding EH's hand while he was gazing at the stars (I wonder if this Writer is a child or teenager? Walking, holding hands gazing at the stars.. I did that like when I was 15 years old)

As for Queen of Mystery..yes I almost forgotten that..I was disappointed with that too after so much vibes but I can understand since she was still married in that drama...

And..here is the good news.. they have SEASON 2!!!! I dont think this drama will have Season 2.. since the plot is too messy. At least I enjoyed the cases in Queen of Mystery

The stupid writer is responsible for this mess. He is too ambitious.

Why the heck would you put an issue about sexuality in the freaking last episode? What is the point he was driving to make?

The 1st 30 min was cute and then he derails it yet again. Especially with the time jump.  Why would any sane girl attracted to a guy let him go for like 2 years? The ahjumma in me goes ( and imagine this in Korean since I am doing it as it is said ) " come to your senses you. Put on your head. Where would you find such a man who only works and thinks of you? You like him so go "

Argh. And to insert Sera in the last BTS? She had so little screen time it was laughable they put her in with the main cast.

And really idiotic writer, that was still the child rapist and double murderer mum you tried to get the audience to forgive and empathise with. Are you nuts? No other words best describe as using such a cast and lowering it by trying to do all things for everyone.

This has still been an excellent drama solely because of the acting. And the directing hasn't been bad.

See you around soompi. I still admired Judge Sah in the dam grey sweater and pants in this last dpisode. I  have had 3 disappointing weekday dramas. Now that this is done I can start Wise Prison Living. And start preparing cookies for the upcoming Lunar New Year. And cook my disappointment away.

Judge Lee has the sweetest smile don't you think? How did Judge Sah resist for 2 years?

Actually my ending version is as similar as a defendant had caught lee Jung joo as a hostage while Eui Hyun convince the defendant to release her Don't ever hurt my woman I'll be your  hostage . Roughly after the polices defeated the defendant. They both hug each other with tears

8 hours ago, philosophie said:

Can anyone tell me what the sexuality thing was about? Was that judge gay? Also random but remember when prof took GYs cell phone? What was in there that she altered?

I presume he just realize his gay...

but what I'm not sure of why his girlfriend still present in the court?

Are they still together?! or just friend?! 

Any idea?

The writer didn't say it outright. But hinted. I totally dislike him making the actor play the soft spoken gentle judge. Saying it's his problem to the fiance.  Then speaking to the other female judge about a discreet matter.  The 3 judges also discussing about a case about discrimination about sexuality. Then 2 yrs later hearing a case dealing with the same topic and showing the fiancee looking on proudly.

The writer tried to do too many things at once. I work somewhere where you are not allowed to discriminate. I once had a senior manager who was openly gay. And I have colleagues who are lesbians, gay and transvestites ( not so common ). And we are all working professionals who work. And bring their partners to the year end parties. Work is work. And none of them are talk in a stereotypical mincing manner of a gay. Or a butch lesbian. That's why I dislike this stupid slant. They are university lecturers, senior members of their professional boards and respected members of society.  The writer is backward and needs to change his outdated view about sexuality. Especially since he wants to be a Kdrama writer and will influence the general public's views.

So that's why I am avoiding this writer in the future. Seo In. I went to Hancinema to look it up. It usually has a more comprehensive listing rather than all those self- edited wikipedia etc.

If you can remember the scene where the phone was altered guess you can screenshot and see what she changed. Was it subbed? I must admit I watched most of my Kdramas these days unsubbed so never know what people are talking about if it's subbed.

@LeeN @Lyna @philosophie @Nynda @ck1Oz @wink @UnniSarah @emmie @haymochi @fieza1871 @stewiefg

As there are not many of us in the thread, I could name most of you here..I am sorry if I did not mention everyone..the shout out is for all of you too..

Thank you very much..for sharing your thoughts and as some of you mentioned, for going through this bumpy (and I really mean bumpy, dusty) road of a drama. It was tolerable mostly because of you guys..hehehe..

My final summary of the show..

I wanted to point out that despite the messy plots, the rating was not bad, mainly because the casting were great. I started this drama also because of the casts. I have love YWJ since Divorce Lawyer in love. My first time watching PEB, on the other hand, but I think she has one of the faces that I feel warm when I watched her (despite her antique and aloofness in her character). I also would love to see this two again. I hope both their management company would seek for better scripts. Similar goes to Dong Ha (I finally know his name..hehehe)..I would want to see him as lead in a better scripted and directed drama.

My agony about this show mainly revolved around the fact that the Writer had been trying (and I really mean trying as hard as she/ he can) to reel the audience with dramatic plots but somehow over thinking it, and over doing it, resulting in plots that seemed to be half-cooked..The sexuality issue was another one that sink this drama even further. I am not saying it should not be touched (despite some Asian countries still think this issue as taboo) but it should be done with more sensitivity and gave more thoughts into it. I don't even see what was the message about except maybe just pointing out that the society is still discriminating at large and Korea has one judge who is probably having that issue. And then what? Again..half-cooked..similar to all other issues. Throughout 16 hours of the series, about 3/4 of the drama spent on repeated emotions of the same characters, over and over again, and same complicated issues. 

Despite all that agony, I do enjoy the moments of the OTP and the dialogues that comes with it (even if there are very little of them).. the IGs that @LeeN posted last night are some of the "best" moments the OTP have, which I wish was done even earlier in the show...but alas, everything is just wishful thinking..

Anyway..thank you again to all you. I just want to state that my opinions so far are solely mine alone. Not intended to offend anyone. Jsut my 2 cents. See you guys in another thread...kamsahanida!!

p/s..watched the subbed version..OMG!! Did they really compliment their own drama? (The Writer, and the PD nim I mean..really? really?)

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

inna75 

You wanna ask the writer and the PD nim  Are you both came from last century So old fashioned (in other word pure) not even a hug. How could Eui Hyun reacted so calm After he had been waiting for her to accept his feelings  since 2 years ago I still determined that When she hold his hand i expected he would carry her and twist around At the same time kissing her too.  Or either hug her tightly with tears

Hold her hand putting into his coat pocket. Feeding each other is very common why they both reacted embarrassed and funny The written really pissed us off

Thanks @inna75 for including me! I have only been a silent lurker on this forum, but I want to thank everyone for your valuable contributions that I have been lapping up - made me somehow enjoy this crazy drama and its nonsensical plot... I started off liking it when I thought it was going to get exciting with the different players and somewhere along the lines, when it no longer made any sense, I just waited each week to see how off the rockers is the writer! Your write-ups and comments made me feel I am not alone in thinking 'did the writer really think this makes any sense and audience will accept it?', your comments also made me smile and laugh so much at times!

In addition to all the flaws you have all pointed out, I found it very amusing that the Prof treats the national forensic lab like her private service provider. She can request forensic tests to be done for her privately and the suppress the evidence from everyone, including the prosecutors, defence lawyers, police and others in the judiciary system. Also, how can her husband, who claimed to have completely blacked out after drinking, managed to carry out complex movements like driving, raping a teenager who is struggling and fighting against him (require complex motor movements and coordination, plus there has to be some intent motivating the rape, you don't just 'accidentally rape someone, it is not like falling down after being drunk!) etc. So utterly nuts! Then somehow thinking it was an act by his son, who was not even at the same location at the night of the rape, and decided to scrap the son's car (which he knew he drove to the cottage and not his son)! Hahaha.

I do feel sorry for the talented cast and having to act out this nonsense and then having to make public statements to praise the writer... It would be interesting to know what they really think... haha.. but we will never find out (since they have to stay diplomatic to survive in this industry).

I haven't seen the subbed final episode yet, but will do so soon - not sure if I will be howling with laughter or be completely frustrated or both!! 

Thanks @inna75

12 hours ago, Lyna said:

This writer is really lacking in the romance department. Let me think about my feelings and get back to you (in 2 years). I'm sure out here, it would be I give you a week to get back to me, maybe 2 but after that, it's nah, I get it. *applause* for Judge Sah to wait for 2 years.

Exaclty. No sane person would wait two years for an answer. Not to mention that after two years feelings can change or even fade. 

12 hours ago, inna75 said:

Just to share..JJ did confess..at least the writer's version of confessing - holding EH's hand while he was gazing at the stars (I wonder if this Writer is a child or teenager? Walking, holding hands gazing at the stars.. I did that like when I was 15 years old)

Okay, if holding hands is a sign of confession, that a lot of girls confessed to me without me realizing. :joy: I mean, come one, they are adults in their mid 30s. A little skinship wouldn't have killed them. The moment where he said he can now look at the starts because the girl he loves his finally by his side was perfect for a kiss. 

I watched the finale now... I suspect the writer has an obsession with tall men changing light bulbs without the need of a chair or ladder. So much focus on light-bulb changing scenes in the name of love!! It is the ultimate romantic gesture... way sexier than a kiss in the writer's view! :lol:

when he told her bout his feelings, that's the best honest confession i've ever watched.. n this is the k-drama that r clean.. maybe it's a quiet dissapointed to most of us since there r no kissing.. n still they r not couple in 2 years.. but it's quite logic.. since they r far..n she already realize her feelings after 2 years.. but maybe we need a drama that no need to show kissing at all the time since it will makes ur heart flutter even more to watch their scenes. 

14 hours ago, alia nurul said:

when he told her bout his feelings, that's the best honest confession i've ever watched.. n this is the k-drama that r clean.. maybe it's a quiet dissapointed to most of us since there r no kissing.. n still they r not couple in 2 years.. but it's quite logic.. since they r far..n she already realize her feelings after 2 years.. but maybe we need a drama that no need to show kissing at all the time since it will makes ur heart flutter even more to watch their scenes. 

Agree but over calm he reacted After 2 years she has accepted his feelings He should be  happy to the bottom of his heart Somehow I feel missed something Lets forget the puppy love writer 

Archived