[Drama 2017-2018] Judge vs. Judge (Nothing to Lose) 이판사판

Go Seung Ji

41 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Okay guys, here’s the overarching question we are all wondering; if prof is revealing truth now, or at least risking the truth she was hiding from being uncovered now that it’s all coming clean, why did she have the child rapist kill JJs oppa? Why did JJs oppa have to die if this was all gonna come out? I don’t know if my question makes sense, it’s just that right after he died, prof started getting involved. She didn’t even wait to see if HJ would let it go or if things would just steam down. 

Like you guys suggested, the rapist of GY could have been the child rapist guy. Prof thought it was her husband who did it because of his cell phone and the ahjussi video. So she killed her on the spot. Then later found out it wasn’t the case.

but if she was gonna protect her husband, why is she now throwing him under the bus all to protect this child rapist? 

I think this this is why the plot is so messed up now. It’s all so confusing and complex.

agree there are some points unexplained  i have watched the raw version Tonight i feel heartache and sad to see jung joo crying

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Astarzzz Definitely agree with you. Sad YWJ tend to fall underrated drama (I feel like 7DQ was underrated and should get more deserving recognition because honestly, the 3 main cast, plot, and everything about that drama was excellent even if it is heartbreaking. You should watch it :wink: ... But I think the same goes with PEB. Both she and YWJ are very talented actors but just have some not good drama selection that waste their talent (aside from 7DQ and Age of Youth) or more or less, the drama selection they made sound promising per synopsis but then the writing from writer turn it crappy once the shooting start, I suppose.

@Nynda The romance factor on here is more on a standstill than Witch Court. I think at least witch court had a kissing scene and we know they both like each other. Here, we know EH likes JJ but in term of JJ feeling, it's like the writer don't know what to do with her feelings at all.

I think with this drama here, understandable that the focus and perspective is on the judge and their decision to verdict but what it is lacking is intense cases that the lawyer are battling out in court (like I had hope that HJ and Sera are top notch lawyer in which you would see a tug a war between them fighting against/for the criminal/victims) to make it show that for judge, decision making and verdict are a big responsible and hard to make. I don't know, it's just my rambling opinion.

avatars-000287041886-azff86-t500x500.jpgbc3d2ca29d954dd23d55e2370debbf93.gif

It's like having these amazing opportunities pass me by over and over.  Not to mention some great chemistry of actors that I believed and still believe had so much potential.  That even i couldn't decide at one point and felt confused as to who the male lead was in my heart...

I never expected the romance to take the lead in this drama but dang it would have been so nice.  If at least what they had in the palm of their hands.  Had been used just a little...:sweatingbullets:

• So like I assumed, Prof Yoo hurts herself and punishes herself to sin for her deeds. 
  • How in the world did EH manage to not hug her at least once? He pretty much tells her more than once really, REALLY bad news and you can see how her whole body is suffering. You can see how every bit of strength leaves her body and all he does is sit in front of her. 
    I mean what happened in the car after he told her that shocking news? Open the car again and let her leave without saying anything?
    Dude, give her a little comfort, hug her, show her that she's is not alone in this situation and the world. Give her a little something. I don't demand any romantic actions, but just support her and show that you are someone she can always rely on.
    A hug can be SO powerful.
    For gods sake, the last time I was so upset of somebody not hugging somebody was during Fairy when that stupid doc didn't do anything to that other doc.
  • And "I'll be your trustworthy collegue" is pretty much also a, very questionable, term to use. At least say chingu, "collegue" sounds so professional, work related and...unsupportive.
  • Is it just me.....or did the drama managed to become a little......I don't know.......too crazy. Sigh....I don't know how to express this, but during the second half of the episode I felt the drama was a little too dramatic and always tried to outclass itself. 
    Now she also commits suicide in front of the court and the drama lost SO MUCH of its credibility. It's not a case anymore that you can enjoy and follow.
    It feels more like a writers attempt to place any possible scenario of dramatic outcome into a single case. 
    It always puts something on top so it gets more and more dramatic. And with each step, the whole plot and drama goes down the drain. 
    I'm honestly at the point where the drama makes me go :rolleyes: 
    And this is very, very sad, because initially I loved the drama for its interesting plot and characters. And now we have just a complete mess. The romance part stays untouched because the writer decided to give JJ no real feelings in this regard, but pushed EH into it realy quickly. And no the whole part stays untouched, because he probably wants to avoid a conflict between HJ and EH. Or realizes that it's now too late to deal with that topic.
    On the other side we have a case that gained so much complexity that at one point it doesn't feel like a thrilling case anymore, it feels like a novel from someone who had way too much fantasy for his own good.
    The case lost its initial source of origin. We wanted to have redemption and salvation for JJ. But all we have now is something different, something that doesn't feel like a victory. The drama lost the reason why we wanted to have the case solved. 

4 hours ago, Nynda said:
  • So like I assumed, Prof Yoo hurts herself and punishes herself to sin for her deeds. 
  • How in the world did EH manage to not hug her at least once? He pretty much tells her more than once really, REALLY bad news and you can see how her whole body is suffering. You can see how every bit of strength leaves her body and all he does is sit in front of her. 
    I mean what happened in the car after he told her that shocking news? Open the car again and let her leave without saying anything?
    Dude, give her a little comfort, hug her, show her that she's is not alone in this situation and the world. Give her a little something. I don't demand any romantic actions, but just support her and show that you are someone she can always rely on.
    A hug can be SO powerful.
    For gods sake, the last time I was so upset of somebody not hugging somebody was during Fairy when that stupid doc didn't do anything to that other doc.
  • And "I'll be your trustworthy collegue" is pretty much also a, very questionable, term to use. At least say chingu, "collegue" sounds so professional, work related and...unsupportive.
  • Is it just me.....or did the drama managed to become a little......I don't know.......too crazy. Sigh....I don't know how to express this, but during the second half of the episode I felt the drama was a little too dramatic and always tried to outclass itself. 
    Now she also commits suicide in front of the court and the drama lost SO MUCH of its credibility. It's not a case anymore that you can enjoy and follow.
    It feels more like a writers attempt to place any possible scenario of dramatic outcome into a single case. 
    It always puts something on top so it gets more and more dramatic. And with each step, the whole plot and drama goes down the drain. 
    I'm honestly at the point where the drama makes me go :rolleyes: 
    And this is very, very sad, because initially I loved the drama for its interesting plot and characters. And now we have just a complete mess. The romance part stays untouched because the writer decided to give JJ no real feelings in this regard, but pushed EH into it realy quickly. And no the whole part stays untouched, because he probably wants to avoid a conflict between HJ and EH. Or realizes that it's now too late to deal with that topic.
    On the other side we have a case that gained so much complexity that at one point it doesn't feel like a thrilling case anymore, it feels like a novel from someone who had way too much fantasy for his own good.
    The case lost its initial source of origin. We wanted to have redemption and salvation for JJ. But all we have now is something different, something that doesn't feel like a victory. The drama lost the reason why we wanted to have the case solved. 

If prof was gonna destroy herself like this, why did she order JJs oppa to be killed? Just everything seems so confusing now. I hope the ending of the show isn’t like some cliffhanger where the real suspect of GY case is roaming free and the relationship between our trio remains vague.

14 hours ago, Nynda said:

it's not even slow, they pretty are on a standstill. They completely stopped and haven't made any progress since EH semi-confessed his feelings towards JJ in front of her apartment. He explained her something to prevent her being jealous.

And I mean, she should know by now. Doesn't she put any thought into it? I mean, even the slowest human on earth should realize by now that it isn't coincidence anymore that they meet night for night at the courtroom. Over and over again they seek each other. Just "working" with each other and him observing her how she falls asleep doesn't do the trick anymore.

It's just bad decisionmaking if you hint and prepare for something over the course of the drama and at one point totally hinder them at evolving and developing further. 

If you do not want to end it properly, then don't do it in the first place. Because as of know, their lovestory feels kind of wasted. 

@inna75 @philosophie

You're right, it's like in Witch's Court. God...Witch Court.....I remember again how upset I was about the ending. 

They really have to explain everything somehow. Yoo's character and overall behaviour seems so off.  

14 hours ago, Nynda said:

it's not even slow, they pretty are on a standstill. They completely stopped and haven't made any progress since EH semi-confessed his feelings towards JJ in front of her apartment. He explained her something to prevent her being jealous.

And I mean, she should know by now. Doesn't she put any thought into it? I mean, even the slowest human on earth should realize by now that it isn't coincidence anymore that they meet night for night at the courtroom. Over and over again they seek each other. Just "working" with each other and him observing her how she falls asleep doesn't do the trick anymore.

It's just bad decisionmaking if you hint and prepare for something over the course of the drama and at one point totally hinder them at evolving and developing further. 

If you do not want to end it properly, then don't do it in the first place. Because as of know, their lovestory feels kind of wasted. 

@inna75 @philosophie

You're right, it's like in Witch's Court. God...Witch Court.....I remember again how upset I was about the ending. 

They really have to explain everything somehow. Yoo's character and overall behaviour seems so off.  

What i'm afraid that Eui Hyun and Jung joo care about han joon's feeling So they remain as friends Follow the elders path regret for whole life. If that happen I'll boycott all series of this writer

I know I told you guys I want to bow out but since my name was "summon" last night, I cant help to watch last night's episode..hehehe

And I am, so, totally agree with @Nynda..

The whole drama is totally, utterly, ultimately wasted!! (pulling my hair now..grrrrrrrr)

Must the writer make the Prof's suicide that way? In front of everyone, including her son? Not enough she try to throw her husband under the bus, then leave the one definitive evidence of her crime to her son and now the dramatic suicide? What is the writer expect viewers to feel? Sympathy? Empathy? I was more like appalled!! The writer is so lazy..seriously!!

I too was disappointed because I started this with high hope since YWJ is in this drama. Despite he keep on making the wrong choice of  dramas, I really like him in Divorce Lawyer in Love. He is actually a versatile actor..and in this drama, it was him that kept me going because of his cool, suave, smart way of putting things in perspective..but the rest of the characters, fall flat..I, also pitied the actor playing Han Joon. He is good too..Unfortunately the drama is not..

Trustworthy colleague? Really writer-nim? Really? After all the innuendos? Really?? (pulling hair again...grrrrrrr)

I end my note about my frustration with this - PD nim, Writer-nim..SERIOUSLY??

On a side note, this remind me of a scene in Temperature of Love when the Director told the Writer that her scenario is not making anymore sense and she was so adamant to maintain it..for her own personal satisfaction..not because of the feedback from the viewers..hmm...I guess it's true in real life..

6 minutes ago, inna75 said:

I know I told you guys I want to bow out but since my name was "summon" last night, I cant help to watch last night's episode..hehehe

The whole drama is totally, utterly, ultimately wasted!! (pulling my hair now..grrrrrrrr)

Must the writer make the Prof's suicide that way? In front of everyone, including her son? Not enough she try to throw her husband under the bus, then leave the one definitive evidence of her crime to her son and now the dramatic suicide? What is the writer expect viewers to feel? Sympathy? Empathy? I was more like appalled!! The writer is so lazy..seriously!!

I too was disappointed because I started this with high hope since YWJ is in this drama. Despite he keep on making the wrong choice of  dramas, I really like him in Divorce Lawyer in Love. He is actually a versatile actor..and in this drama, it was him that kept me going because of his cool, suave, smart way of putting things in perspective..but the rest of the characters, fall flat..I, also pitied the actor playing Han Joon. He is good too..Unfortunately the drama is not..

Trustworthy colleague? Really writer-nim? Really? After all the innuendos? Really?? (pulling hair again...grrrrrrr)

I end my note about my frustration with this - PD nim, Writer-nim..SERIOUSLY??

On a side note, this remind me of a scene in Temperature of Love when the Director told the Writer that her scenario is not making anymore sense and she was so adamant to maintain it..for her own personal satisfaction..not because of the feedback from the viewers..hmm...I guess it's true in real life..

and we still don't know whose raped ga yeon And why jang su bok case was related with ga yeon case. Ga yeon's father kim ik chuk killed seo gi ho. Jang su bok's husband was after ga yeon incident So why both case were related? i don't get it. Whose actually yoo myung hee wanted to protect? That couldn't be Do jin myung. i guess there are only 2 men she would protect han joon and Sah jung do.  I remembered han joon asked eui hyun helped to get the sneakers for him with the suspicious expression 10 years ago . But Sah jung do can't be him right out of logic

Well when Park Eun Bin agreed to join this drama , i'm already skeptical of the writer cos she is really new and the pd past works aren't impressive either

i was waiting for the crazy foul mouth judge with a coold headed Judge in the story but it only happened in the first ep 

i lovr Yeon Weo Jin, please pick a high profile drama with good script next time. He deserve to be at the top along with Park Seo Joon, Ji Chang Wook ,etc.

as for Eunbin. My fave... i'm still waiting for you in AOY 3... i think she shines the most as Song Ji Won. She is a very good actress but her choice in scripts are not so good (except for the iconic AOY, one of the best drama ever)

7 hours ago, philosophie said:

If prof was gonna destroy herself like this, why did she order JJs oppa to be killed? Just everything seems so confusing now. I hope the ending of the show isn’t like some cliffhanger where the real suspect of GY case is roaming free and the relationship between our trio remains vague.

Yeah, this surprised me aswell. Why go through all this struggle to end it like this? Commiting suicide is the cowards way to escape that situation. Why all this hassle to end it like this?

6 hours ago, LeeN said:

What i'm afraid that Eui Hyun and Jung joo care about han joon's feeling So they remain as friends Follow the elders path regret for whole life. If that happen I'll boycott all series of this writer

I'm more afraid that they don't even touch the topic at all. So far everything EH did to JJ, every word of emotion towards her disappered into thin air. She pretty much bowed and smiled everything away. It feels like they just leave her romantic side untouched. 

4 hours ago, inna75 said:

I have the feeling he tries to do everything. It feels like he tries to write the most epic case he can imagine. But he doesn't see that the storyline feels overburdened with it. Rape, Suicide, hiring someone for murder, Corruption, Blaming someone else, Love Triangle, Undesired pregnancy, self-humiliation/dormestic abuse is just too much for one case. And here we talk only about Prof Yoo. I didn't even list what JJ's cases also have in store. 

@haymochi Agree. YWJ deserve to be the top along with other male actors. He's a very talented actor and PEB definitely shine as Song Jiwon in AOY. I love her to bits there. It's because I like both actor that was what draw me to this drama yet, this drama had been a disappointment and a total waste of their talents.

Guess I will have to bear with next week and watch this through even if I am utterly disappointed in this mess of a story line that really had potential to be GREAT has the story line, plot, and flow been better. Plus this 30 min format of airing makes the editing of this drama very choppy and not flow greatly whereas I feel there are certain scene that gets cut.

As for the episode yesterday, I think I am with everyone in saying IT IS A MESS. The drama premise was so so promising and yet, it turn out to be a mess. I think what the problem is, is the writer really not sure who to make the villain out as between HJ and his parent, switching it back and forth like a game of cat and mouse each episode (to make it supposedly interesting to give a WOW twist factor) without really flushing out the character, the motive of murdering the victim. She didn't flush out the reasoning behind JJ brother willing to be the scapegoat to it all. 

I mean we got the answer that MH is the culprit aind instigator through all this. But we still don't have the reason for why instigate the rapist to kidnap JJ, killed her brother. What is the purpose? If she's the culprit, then why did JJ brother glare deadly at HJ for? So she took the innocent life of a young girl over mad jealousy of her husband cheating (who the writer had made it seem like he's the villain but now twisted it around to show that he's a devoted and deeply loving husband who will shoulder and sacrifice his political dream, who is willing to sacrifice his son "as he claim" for the sake of his wife). Why make him a deeply devoted and loved man towards his wife and yet hint that he "supposedly" had affair and rape Ga Young? If MH was so guilty, why did do all this to harm JJ and even murder her brother who was not even going to spill the beans and was willing to remain in prison for the remainder of the time? I really do not understand her motive? DId she want to redeem herself from her guilt yet if so, there were ways to do it rather manipulate everyone and literally add more guilt to her in destroying more lives - her husband, her son, JJ, etc. And what is the point of having EH father take about his regret in punishing MH father to tell MH that if he were to go back to that time, his decision to punish him would not change...than why regret?! 

And what is the point of writing a romance factor (that makes it a mirror to the parent's romance like the kid will not follow in their regrettable love triangle) and not have the romance or love triangle going anywhere at all. 

I am so sorry writer, you had lost me in your writing, narrative skill.

34 minutes ago, Nynda said:

Yeah, this surprised me aswell. Why go through all this struggle to end it like this? Commiting suicide is the cowards way to escape that situation. Why all this hassle to end it like this?

I'm more afraid that they don't even touch the topic at all. So far everything EH did to JJ, every word of emotion towards her disappered into thin air. She pretty much bowed and smiled everything away. It feels like they just leave her romantic side untouched. 

if the writer create the storyline like this. all the viewers will be very angry:angry:

I have the feeling he tries to do everything. It feels like he tries to write the most epic case he can imagine. But he doesn't see that the storyline feels overburdened with it. Rape, Suicide, hiring someone for murder, Corruption, Blaming someone else, Love Triangle, Undesired pregnancy, self-humiliation/dormestic abuse is just too much for one case. And here we talk only about Prof Yoo. I didn't even list what JJ's cases also have in store. 

I'm also very upset about this week's episodes, especially that he didn't comfort her at all, and because of that trustworthy colleague sentence. However I realized, he only quoted it from what JJ said at first time outside her home (ep 18, 14:14). It's missed from the english subtitle, but she definitly said colleague 동료 (donglyo) there as well.

Sorry for my incorrect english!

8 hours ago, anyeze said:

I'm also very upset about this week's episodes, especially that he didn't comfort her at all, and because of that trustworthy colleague sentence. However I realized, he only quoted it from what JJ said at first time outside her home (ep 18, 14:14). It's missed from the english subtitle, but she definitly said colleague 동료 (donglyo) there as well.

Sorry for my incorrect english!

We knew that But actually i expect him to say trustworthy man {namja in korean language } This is more meaningful for a man to support a woman in my opinion

7 hours ago, LeeN said:

We knew that But actually i expect him to say trustworthy man {namja in korean language } This is more meaningful for a man to support a woman in my opinion

Of course, you're right, that's why I'm still upset. Unfortunately, I feel like their relationship hasn't reached the stage yet when EH could say something like that. Although they should be by now, they're not close enough to speak about he's being namja for her. :-( In this situation it would have been slightly better to say: 'a person who is trustworthy' (like he said in the end of ep 25) instead of colleague. The writer simply fooled us. Our OTP's love line not only was stopped but it went back. The plot is in a mess, there are a lot of things that makes no sense at all. In the previous episodes they made almost everybody suspicious and their actions are not explained at all. Everything happened only to make us confused but there was no meaning behind them. This is not the first drama I'm angry with after liked them so much in the beginning. :-(

Let's hope that the last 4 ep will make it up for us! :-)

So for those that predicted prof was hurting herself and that’s how she got bruises, you were right. Now I have no idea how in the world she got them on her back and nowhere else, but what’s interesting is her husband supposedly would try to stop her and get hurt through the process too so if were gonna talk about domestic violence, it’s actually the prof who’s the abuser (even if it’s unintentional).

yepp, EH colleague-zoned her. Just when I thought her passing out in his arms would lead to some cuddling embrace or something, no we just go to hospital and continue on with complex case. 

Were the dna results about JM being one who raped GY the correct one? I’m still confused if it was her husband who raped her, because prof thinks it’s her husband but we never saw the person that got out of car. The fact that she killed GY to protect rapist makes me think it’s HJ cause if it was her husband, why did she sabotage his political campaign and let all these nasty allegations come out? Also if she was going to admit truth about JJs oppa to poi;t of kill8ng her own self, why did she order killing of him? Child rapist never got off on insanity and it just doesn’t make sense to me. 

Can someone try explaining this to me or reasoning it cause I’m at a dead end on trying to comprehend what’s really going on. Like you guys, I’m also confused about the other cases like woman falsely charged for killing her husband. And then there was that whole purse trial that truthfully I skipped over. What was the point of all that?

Archived