[Drama 2017-2018] Happy Sisters, 해피시스터즈

0ly40

8 hours ago, rolisrntex said:

I am now officially a kdrama addict. One thing I loved about watching this one is it is nice to know that at least Korea still has broadcasting decency standards vs. the garbage they show on American TV now days.

@rolisrntex  AMEN.. I stop watching ATV years ago also.. I think the only thing I watch now is HGTV and say yes to the dress pretty much it.. Rest of my time is filled with Kdrama, Cdrama, JPNdramas even Thailand and TWNdramas I watch them all..

3 hours ago, wunwing1 said:

that scene of HJ ma telling cheating ex ma that her soon to be daughter inlaw. is with kid was cute. i would thought cheating ex ma would at lease show more reaction. since she blame YE for her family not getting kid. yet she don't show much reaction at all.

@wunwing1  I think her reaction was the slap in the face she needed.. Wish DH could have gotten a hold of her about her good parenting skills.. But the biggest blow was HJ mom delivering her this news as she and the mistress went and bad mouth YE about her being damage good and turns out it was her son all the time.. Her facial expression to me was there was still hope in YE coming to help with JS and the pregnancy was the kicker to wake her up out if her delusion..

I think the ending could have been a lot better but I'll have to settle for this.. The writer had second lead syndrome to the end..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

nd have even better swimmers than he ever did.

this comment is...priceless

Thanks everyone for making this thread awesome and a safe place to share our thoughts even when not all agreed.  It was a great drama for me and it was great watching everyday and discussing this drama everyday with you guys.  Till we meet again!

btw @sava2sava Ive never seen dramas from Thailand, can you recommend your favourite one to me?  Please DM me. Thank you!

So we have come to the end of yet another one. Even though writer-nim pushed JS and HY down our throats to the very end I can say that this drama for me was one of the better ones and that is due largely because of YE and HJ. I always favor strong characters that do not engage in noble idiocy.  HJ became the ideal guy just by being her friend and protector alone and I enjoyed his and YE's journey into realizing they loved each other. 

The end episode was perfect except for way too much time again dealing with HY and JS. HY nor JS needed so much time to deal with HY's past due to MD. In my view HY got off too easy with her memory loss and mental break down and JS got out of having to live the rest of his life making up for his bad decisions and greed along with vanity. The only thing I guess I can say is his karma and his punishment at the end was to pay with his life. it is too bad that it took impending death to make him see how horrible he was to YE and to realize greed and vanity ruined him. 

Everyone's loose ends were tied up and I felt that the only couple that should have had a bit more time was DH and SR. I felt that DH would have come back and been with SR finally. 

I think the baby announcement to HJ was understated but as many have mentioned that was HJ's style. For him all he needed was YE so a baby was icing on the cake but I think he was more happy that YE was vindicated as not being the one with the problem. SM and DJ are cute and I agree that child will be spoiled to death and HJ and YE will have their hands full trying to reign in the grandmothers. I enjoyed DJ's shock and I felt she needed a bit more of a slap down for failing in her mother duties to YE and believing the hype that MS and JS spread. 

I enjoyed MS's moment of shock and it was just as I said MS had her suck a lemon face on with knowing that YE was pregnant and JS was the one infertile. Karma always comes back to pay what is owed. DJ and SM happy about a grandchild while MS was left standing there alone was exactly what MS deserved after how she treated YE, how she spread a false rumor that YE could not have kids and continued to ridicule her after what she put her through when YE was her DIL. What MS wanted the most DJ and SM ended up with.  I felt no sympathy for MS even though JS was dying because her children where the product of her and SR only started to grow up and realize what an awful person she was due to DH. Up until YE blew up at JS in the hospital and finally woke him up he was still the same even when he knew he was dying. Only when he finally listened to YE telling him about himself and how he treated her when she reject to come and be by his side (the nerve and how shameless) to look after him did he finally get that every action has repercussions and the consequences of his actions are to have to realize he lost YE, that YE found someone better, that YE is now pregnant and to give YE to someone who will love and take care of her for the rest of her days.

Even though the wedding was at the last part of the drama and we got a 7 mo time jump to see YE pregnant and HJ doting on her it still ended well and I too liked the last scene of the picture of  HJ and YE at the mermaid statue that they promised to go to  together. 

I think my most likable couple besides HJ and YE were IS and BS and I am glad he was finally accepted and they got married and were expecting. 

I have enjoyed going on this journey with all of you and I hope to see you around to enjoy chatting about a new drama. I am not sure if I will watch the one after this one coming up on Sunday but I do hope that whichever thread I end up in I see some familiar names to again chat with. 

Thank you all for making this thread as great as this drama. Happy sisters will be going into my keeper pile to be pulled out again and again (minus the first 45 episodes.. can't stand those..). The actress playing YE did a great job in My Mother in Law is a Daughter in law (I wish they would sub this drama) and now this one as well.  I hope I get to see the lead actress who played YE in another daily as the lead soon.

It has been fun.. have a great weekend and see you all around the forum..  :) @rolisrntex welcome to the Kdrama addicts club.. LOL

For those who was watching A Thousand Year Inheritance, it is where Shim Yi Young (Yoon Ye Eun) married her on screen husband (Choi Won Young) in that drama. She became pregnant so there was a shotgun wedding much like in this drama. The couple has two daughters now.

54 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

A Daughter Just like you is pretty good, the main couple is really awesome.

They are nauseating  adorable when they get together but of course thy hate  each other like alot in the beginning!

This drama was one of my favorite. Thanks for recommending it, Planning on rewatching it again. Loved it so much 

On 5/25/2018 at 4:00 PM, sava2sava said:

@rolisrntex  AMEN.. I stop watching ATV years ago also.. I think the only thing I watch now is HGTV and say yes to the dress pretty much it.. Rest of my time is filled with Kdrama, Cdrama, JPNdramas even Thailand and TWNdramas I watch them all..

@wunwing1  I think her reaction was the slap in the face she needed.. Wish DH could have gotten a hold of her about her good parenting skills.. But the biggest blow was HJ mom delivering her this news as she and the mistress went and bad mouth YE about her being damage good and turns out it was her son all the time.. Her facial expression to me was there was still hope in YE coming to help with JS and the pregnancy was the kicker to wake her up out if her delusion..

I think the ending could have been a lot better but I'll have to settle for this.. The writer had second lead syndrome to the end..

Dont sleep on Philippine dramas, they are  really really long but really good.

One of the better ones is  221 episodes lol

Finally got to the ending of this drama and for the most part I actually liked it, although she went from spoilt princess to actually caring abit more about people, I was dissappointed with the fact he had not issues with just up and leaving town on her for his music.  Okay given it was more important but his attitude did suck.   He was always straight forward but I thought that meant considerate as well emotionally but that final scene with them he was pretty much nearly arrogant about it.....

I still have another 5 episodes to go before the show ends.  What I am writing is based on the comments here.

I hate the writer!  Crazy Jo really went crazy!  What a lame ending for her.  very few Kdrama writers have the guts to make the villains suffer the consequences of their actions.

And that annoying SR finds happiness with poor Do Hoon?  Why does the writer hate DH's character so much to pair him with that piece of garbage?  Up to the last 5 episodes, have not seen any show of remorse.  The tears she had (crying and talking with food in her mouth - so gross) were self-pity tears.  Another peeve of mine - kdrama writers love to mistake self-pity tears with tears of remorse.  This is another character who should spend a long time alone and in a humble state, both physically and mentally.  Having a caring, rich guy is just too easy for her & mummy dearest. 

I

7 hours ago, fragglerock said:

Finally got to the ending of this drama and for the most part I actually liked it, although she went from spoilt princess to actually caring abit more about people, I was dissappointed with the fact he had not issues with just up and leaving town on her for his music.  Okay given it was more important but his attitude did suck.   He was always straight forward but I thought that meant considerate as well emotionally but that final scene with them he was pretty much nearly arrogant about it.....

I never liked him either way.

I mean I 100% did not like he either but her feelings for him where real, its like he did not care it was odd.

44 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I never liked him either way.

I mean I 100% did not like he either but her feelings for him where real, its like he did not care it was odd.

haha, I was always waiting for him to throw a wrench in YE's airhead sister's marriage.  But now reading this part, I suddenly like him, a lot :D  It's great that someone teaches Princess Repulsive that the world doesn't revolve around her! 

10 hours ago, fanofr said:

haha, I was always waiting for him to throw a wrench in YE's airhead sister's marriage.  But now reading this part, I suddenly like him, a lot :D  It's great that someone teaches Princess Repulsive that the world doesn't revolve around her! 

I don’t know. I kind of felt bad for her. She has been trying to change her ways because of him. He even insulted her at the hair salon where she worked and it was uncalled for. I felt the least he could do was acknowledge the changes she has made and her feelings toward him. Was SR repulsive through out most of this drama? Yes absolutely! However, everyone deserves a second chance if they sincerely repent of their ways. She had already done that.

1 hour ago, hi5hli5htslight said:

@rolisrntex im watching eps I liked the most...do you remember what episode it is when YE and HJ wen to the beach

54. I just watched it the other day. That trip was her catharsis to get over the divorce.

My wife and I were discussing the YE/HJ relationship growth over the weekend. We talked about HJ's patience with YE before he took the next step along the way:

1. He gave her the space and time she needed after the divorce before really pursuing their friendship on a deeper level.

2. He didn't confess his love to her until he saw her reaction to the date drug incident. He knew then she had the same feelings despite her lack of confidence.

3. He didn't propose to her until she "scolded" him about being rude to YR/SM. When she told him YR's presence at the house didn't bother her because she knew she was the woman HJ loved, he proposed the very next episode.

4. The night of passion they shared he didn't force it. He let her dictate what happened that night. He was fine sleeping outside her room if that is what she would have wanted.

He always took his cues from her before making the next move.

On 5/28/2018 at 10:40 PM, rolisrntex said:

I don’t know. I kind of felt bad for her. She has been trying to change her ways because of him. He even insulted her at the hair salon where she worked and it was uncalled for. I felt the least he could do was acknowledge the changes she has made and her feelings toward him. Was SR repulsive through out most of this drama? Yes absolutely! However, everyone deserves a second chance if they sincerely repent of their ways. She had already done that.

second chance, yes.  But she had way more than two chances!  I haven't seen it but her repentance seems like a too little, too late.  And more like, I have done this and that and where's my return?  Don't sound way too sincere to me. 

Archived