[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

The funny things about watching kdrama is want to know the ending but don't want it to end. Since Hwayugi being air, I just watch Hwayugi and the other drama is on pending list hahaha, need to focus on Hwayugi all heart and mind so once Hwayugi end, then there will be a big hole in mind and heart for some time but I can get through it hahaha *as long as the ending is worth to remember then I will rewatch it every time i miss it*

I can't guess anything about MW and his child, but I guess another kiss scene in tonight episode hahaha *just a guess

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, dvrels said:

The funny things about watching kdrama is want to know the ending but don't want it to end. Since Hwayugi being air, I just watch Hwayugi and the other drama is on pending list hahaha, need to focus on Hwayugi all heart and mind so once Hwayugi end, then there will be a big hole in mind and heart for some time but I can get through it hahaha *as long as the ending is worth to remember then I will rewatch it every time i miss it*

I can't guess anything about MW and his child, but I guess another kiss scene in tonight episode hahaha *just a guess

You describe my feeling so bad haha.

i have put all my concentration on this drama  (sorry works..).

All the dramas i have been enjoying at first have gone to pending list . I'm just rewatched old episodes or their fmv till the next ep comes

Drama withdrawal symptom is soooo bad.. feels like when your GGG is taken off but you still continue missing it *what am i blabbering here gosh..*

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

*theory* About the pojangmacha scene... is it possible Sunmi is crying because she foresaw OG dying? I only think this because unless I remember incorrectly every time she cried/got emotional it was related to him. SM may be selfless, but the only thing she is truly afraid of more than hurting OG is losing him I think. 

I hope tvn releases a spoiler video before the new episode airs lmao

• Like 8

Sunmi has been thinking that she is the who gonna kill OG

maybe this time she saw herself being stabbed instead? She clearly said it clearly that the one who suffers the most is the one left behind.

i just wish we gonna see Sunmi getting angry wit all her power just once. From the way she talks and cry, it's obvious that she is used to suppress all her amotions. 

Now i understand even more that's how her character is portrayed. We see her with sad eyes and swelling up with tears sometimes. But we never get to see her shouting, vent her anger, or cry her heart out. Even when she was angry with OG on ep 08 she was like that too. 

Hopefully this drunken confession will at least let her feel a bit relieved as someone is carrying the burden with her now. She is no longer the unwanted lonely little girl

and wth is with this new still cut?

a GGG to put on head? Mawang is not scheming something again right??

0003725538_001_20180224080430821.jpg?typ

Will we get any otp scene on ep 17 at all???:dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

MW was showing OG the old model of GGG. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is scheming. the article said this still cut is from ep 18 as well..so what’s happening in ep 17?? lol

What is going to happen in ep 17 lmao....

is mawang trying to take  Samjang GGG off and put his on OG?

OG is not that stupi right???

• Like 2

You guys, I was rewatching ep 5 where we first meet Akiko, the little Japanese girl, and it made me think, what if Akiko is the big bad at the end trying to destroy the world? Allow me to explain.

Akiko's one purpose is to get rid of anyone who knows of the existence of Akiko. What if, OG in his attempt to block KDS's political career releases evidence/article proving that KDS's family were not really freedom fighters, but were actually pro-Japanese and received a medal from the Japanese Emperor? Now that the article is on the internet, we can presume that everyone in the country/world knows who Akiko is and she needs to get rid of them all. So, Akiko possesses someone affluent and launches a nuclear bomb in an attempt to kill everyone who knows of the existence of Akiko. shock2-onion-head-emoticon.gif?129286251

Screenshot_171.png

Screenshot_172.png

(I cannot get over how creepy this girl looks. Props to the child actor.)

I know ASY keeps saying she wants to call a dragon but I get the feeling she's not really going to be able to do it. Also, the whole premise of the story is that humans are creating evil due to their greed and obsessions and making the world hellish. It makes sense that Akiko who was born from a human's obsession to hide their family's dark secret would end up destroying the world to keep the said secret. Or am I reaching?

• Like 10

Thanks to @sadpluto we got new theory of who's gonna be destroy the world. I could be, that is why that Akiko is still 'alive' till now. 

The new still cut, the old GGG, Oh Gong is not stupid to accept that i think, if MW want to scheming OG then he will use SM, but looks like MW give this to OG to put it to anyone else, who? Na do molla. Maybe ASN so that OG can control her? Or it for upcoming Red Boy? Or it for Octopus Prince so he/she will do as OG told and take the golden sea rod for OG? Or they want to change the GGG? Change it to the old version so it will less harm to OG than the new GGG? Headache and heartache which one is less harm? *Sigh* *really wondering what will happen in tonight episode*

• Like 6

Naah i don't think so..

the gods have been saying that once it's time to stab Samjang the GGG will disappear on its own.

Sunmi already trieed taking off that GGG for so many times already and OG is the one who wants to keep it.

So actually for a few eps we have been shown to believe that Sunmi might be the one to kill him when in fact it's the opposite now

seriously can this drama at least be a tiny bit predictable? They are giving me all the stresses  with this blind roller coaster

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

I’m not worrying about the old GGG. OG is no longer trusting MaWang words and actions, just remembered how he spoke up his doubt after he learned the thing about ASN. But the still cuts could meant many things, I hope if the great sage decides to take that thing, he will aim to put that band on KDS head. He may say to boost KDS chance to become a powerful king bear this band (here I am again with my weird speculation :D). ASN is not much of a threat now that her power is fading gradually. It seem ASN didn’t learned a thing, she’s been betrayed once by a king in the past and she’s betting her everything again this time to KDS. Maybe KDS will kick her butt to lay her in her stone coffin later after getting his way to power. Poor priestess, you mustn’t  impose love and loyalty, have a good heart first by then the love will flows in abundance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Saw one of the title for that GGG still cut

'Cha Seung Won, is he going to capture Oh Yeon seo and Eat her?" :crazy:

about the previous samjang , i think they pointed out that he is a male. The doctor loves him and has been suffering all these years of living without him. She has been waiting  for the birth of new samjang to warn  the new guardian and also to get the sword when she can finally die.

ASN should go. She is powerless and i'm kinda sick of her now

• Like 9

before the drama end ,Cinnamon Roll Meme: HWAYUGI (A Korean Odyssey) Edition:D

tumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo3_r1_500.giftumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo8_r1_500.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo6_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo7_r1_500.giftumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo2_500.gif

tumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo9_r1_500.gif

tumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo4_r1_540.gif

tumblr_p33ma9fbRh1r9730zo1_500.gif

r-a-n-x-i-e:

-----------------------------------

Lee Seung Gi And Cha Seung Won Share Serious Conversation In “Hwayugi”

Spoiler

Lee-Seung-Gi-Cha-Seung-Won1.jpg

tvN’s weekend drama “Hwayugi” has released previews of the upcoming episodes!

Lee Seung Gi plays Son Oh Gong, the decadent demon who daringly goes against The Grade Jade Emperor. Cha Seung Won plays Woo Ma Wang, the ‘gentler demon’ who practices 1000-year asceticism, seeking to attain immortality. Both demons are roommates who constantly squabble and keep each other in check, whilst bringing laughter to the viewers with their mischievous jokes.

Spoiler

Previously on Episode 15 and 16, Ah Sa Nyeo (Lee Se Young) faced danger when Woo Ma Wang was sent to kill her. She deceived him by provoking him to think whether Princess Iron Fan’s child really died, creating tension between Woo Ma Wang and the Heavens. Following this, feisty Ma Wang, who feared on getting weaker, shared with Secretary Ma his method of gaining strength and said, “All I need to do is to catch Sam Jang (Oh Yeon Seo) and eat her,” seemingly to be getting into a conflict with Son Oh Gong.

Spoiler

Hwayugi-Episode-17-Stills-1.jpg

Hwayugi-Episode-17-Stills-2.jpg

Hwayugi-Episode-17-Stills-3.jpg

In the stills, Woo Ma Wang obtains a traditional crown-shaped Geumgango and shows it to Son Oh Gong. Son Oh Gong seems intrigued yet worried about the traditional Geumgango that was larger than what he was currently wearing. Through the stills, Woo Ma Wang convinces Son Oh Gong passionately, creating curiosity about what’s to come.

The great chemistry between Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won constantly brought laughter to the set of the drama. As expected, the duo started to be playful when they were introduced to the new prop. Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won compared the modern and traditional Geumgango, while taking turns to try it on. However, as soon as the camera started rolling, both actors rapidly transformed into their characters and got into a serious conversation, astonishing the staff members.

Spoiler

Hwayugi-Episode-17-Stills-4.jpg

The previews keep us on the edge as Woo Ma Wang has the intention to devour Sam Jang as soon as he successfully removes the modern Geumgango that Son Oh Gong is currently wearing. What is the actual reason for Woo Ma Wang to obtain the traditional Geumgango? Will the duo continue to maintain their bickering bromance?

Soompi

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Is that a Crown GGG? As of a Crown for a King??

My guessing is: Since ASN told DKS to make SJ his woman, so SJ will betray OG by marrying DKS which will make OG stab her to death, otherwise Evil DKS can become a new King (from SJ's power)?

It doesn't make sense right.... I know Hahahahaha:D

Can't wait for the last 4 episodes. And Keep calm .... Olympic is still on :crazy:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Is that a Crown GGG? As of a Crown for a King??

My guessing is: Since ASN told DKS to make SJ his woman, so SJ will betray OG by marrying DKS which will make OG stab her to death, otherwise Evil DKS can become a new King (from SJ's power)?

It doesn't make sense right.... I know Hahahahaha:D

Can't wait for the last 4 episodes. And Keep calm .... Olympic is still on :crazy:

Marrying KDS *shudders and stress by the thought of it*

come on let the otp married already.  No more noble idiocy

• Like 4

I’ll definitely cry my hearts out if the ending plays out like this:

Sunmi gets pierced by the sword, removes the GGG from Oh Gong, and her last words will be “you’re free now, son oh gong”. 

I mean OG previously told her that she is the equivalent of the mountain imprisoning him right? :( 

• Sad 8