[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

7 minutes ago, immortal_piglet said:

I’ll definitely cry my hearts out if the ending plays out like this:

Sunmi gets pierced by the sword, removes the GGG from Oh Gong, and her last words will be “you’re free now, son oh gong”. 

I mean OG previously told her that she is the equivalent of the mountain imprisoning him right? :( 

Anyaa, that happen in episode 6 and they already pass that 'not love each other' or 'doubt moments' now they thinking about another else. If the scene you said is gonna happen for the ending then this sentence will fit more to SM, after OG stab SM and SM about to die she will said "Don't blame yourself for a long time, it's my choice, Don't be sad for a long time just being sad for a short moment and then live your life with happiness. I Love you Son Oh Gong. Uljima" and if this scene happen then i will crying like a baby watching it :bawling:

35 minutes ago, PororoQueen said:

Is that a Crown GGG? As of a Crown for a King??

My guessing is: Since ASN told DKS to make SJ his woman, so SJ will betray OG by marrying DKS which will make OG stab her to death, otherwise Evil DKS can become a new King (from SJ's power)?

It doesn't make sense right.... I know Hahahahaha:D

Can't wait for the last 4 episodes. And Keep calm .... Olympic is still on :crazy:

But I'm very much sure that no matter what OG will never stab SM, even though SM betray him, because OG will knows SM doing it to sacrifice herself and save OG not to betray OG. OG knows everything, he has ears every where, so every moves of SM will be known by him *finger cross it will end fairly and happily

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, dvrels said:

Anyaa, that happen in episode 6 and they already pass that 'not love each other' or 'doubt moments' now they thinking about another else. If the scene you said is gonna happen for the ending then this sentence will fit more to SM, after OG stab SM and SM about to die she will said "Don't blame yourself for a long time, it's my choice, Don't be sad for a long time just being sad for a short moment and then live your life with happiness. I Love you Son Oh Gong. Uljima" and if this scene happen then i will crying like a baby watching it :bawling:

But I'm very much sure that no matter what OG will never stab SM, even though SM betray him, because OG will knows SM doing it to sacrifice herself and save OG not to betray OG. OG knows everything, he has ears every where, so every moves of SM will be known by him *finger cross it will end fairly and happily

But that will be a stupid decision from her part as she will be helping the evil in destroying the world

unless she has a hidden agenda

nope nope please don't use this scenario

Hong sisters noble idiocy scares me sometimes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, haymochi said:

But that will be a stupid decision from her part as she will be helping the evil in destroying the world

unless she has a hidden agenda

nope nope please don't use this scenario

Hong sisters noble idiocy scares me sometimes

Hopefully it will not like that, remember that all our guess most of the time not even close to the storyline of each episode. So hopefully Hong Sisters will give us best drama till the end, it will sucks if the ending destroy all of the beauty of this amazing drama

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Wow! Couldn't really keep up with the thread. The conversations are so rich! 

This is my hypothesis on what is ending is like...  Maybe someone would have written it .. 

One of our friends drew parallels between SJ and Jesus Christ. So i thought if that parallel continues...We will have a happy ever after....

We were told that in the previous SJ and guardian pair, the guardian has to stab SJ..   So my guess is SM will stab herself like in the case of Jesus Christ, willing to sacrifice for the good of the humankind..  Jesus Christ resurrected and went to heaven..... So she will receive eternal life as the reward and there u have it..  A happy ever after ending.... To die for others beyond your loved ones is the greatest love of all.... SM has shown that she is capable of that form of love... Maybe that is that form of love the heavens are looking for...

The reason why the previous SJ did not receive eternal life because maybe he did not die willingly...

I still believe we will have lovey dovey scenes in the end. 

• Like 4

Was rewatching episode 14 and I noticed something.

When Elder & Secretary Ma are talking at the bar:

Elder: Ma Wang has such a loyal dog— A loyal servant.

Sec Ma: It's because Ma Wang is that great. Not just anyone can love like that.

Elder: Indeed. I wonder if the Great Sage will be able to?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm new here but i've been a stalker in this topic 4 a while.. you guys are great with all your theories and i enjoy them all haha :wub: this show is really addictive, actually i've rewatched all the broadcasted episodes a few times. gosh, that is highly unusual to me to be that absorbed into a TV show. i was a big fan of Journey to the west original version (and Son Oh-gong) when i was a little kid, so seeing this brand-new modern adapted version like this, i was so excited. I dont mind sticking-to-the-original kind of stuff when it comes to adaptation, as long as the story of the new version makes sense on its own, so that people can enjoy the show regardless of their cultural background. So far, this show has done some really good stuff to bring us together haha B)

About MW's child, i think both Sunmi and the grandson are his children. It makes sense. So far, this show has been all about duality, like General Frost- Ha Fairy character, Sunmi - Oh Gong and all the demons, pure-evil, Mawang in love with a goddess from heaven. It would turn out great if this love produced 2 kids which are such a pair of opposites. Sunmi being the one with deity qualities, abandoning her life  to save the world, the grandson with the demonic genre from their father. Supposed to be erase each other out but actually together, they can make anything work, like the "impossible" love between Oh Gong and Sunmi (a demon and a Samjang) brings out the best in them. Haha, i'm just day-dreaming :wub:

i'm pretty sure that will be a happy ending. But "how" is the matter. I'm like 90% sure that the baby in ep 16 is OG and Sunmi's kid, i mean, the way Hong sis presented the baby was very suspicious :lol: . I love how Mawang easily warmed up around kids and vulnerable creatures like Buja, something genuine about him in spite of his trademark demonic selfishness. He's redeemable, i believe, he will do right things in the end. 

haha, there's so many things i want to discuss about this show. I'm seriously crazily in love with OG :unsure: i even went to buy Yook Gong 4 myself :unsure: Heavenly realm can help my mental health by giving our OTP an happy ending right? otherwise, i'll break them like Og did to their tables haha:ph34r:

*sr 4 my bad english or any misspelling since it's not my 1st language, i'm writing in a rush and i'm always insecure about that*

Edited by Bò Tai Xanh
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, ladysaotome said:

Lol Great sage already defeated Mawang long time ago lol

time to change master, maybe? :tongue:

4 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

If the previous one is male, they have kind of lover relationship or like that, but if it's female then she loves her as her child. The white heron had protected her from birth only to end up killing her after all. Both possibilities lead her to get the same result; losing her samjang and living a guilty immortality. 

Uh..that's not necessary that if the Samjang was a female then the protector and her only had a child and mother relationship. Females can love females passionately. They can be mates too. Since the show never made it clear that the Samjang was a male or female, we can assume the gender but it's pretty clear that the love between them was not platonic. It was a real, mutual, unplatonic relationship.

12 hours ago, nrbrown said:

SOG is a diety and an immortal who was cast out of heaven. He was locked up for.....<the show hasn’t explained why> That’s why we are theorizing a lot.

Ma Wang wants to become a diety because he was told that he could change the fate of his wife/lover Princesss Iron Fan or make her punishments easier to deal with. I don’t want to spoil the show for you so I’ll leave it at that. 

Speaking of theorizing, I’ve been thinking of one reason for ASN being locked up. She might actually be the witness of Heavens cruelty (separating MW’s child). Humans can’t really lock a priestess without spiritual help. Maybe the whole reason heaven is intervening with ASN is because she knows their secret. The heavens might have made a pact with her, and thus can’t really interfere directly. So they asked SOG and MW to help out. 

I have a similar theory but with a different twist. We already know WF and ASN made a deal 1000 years ago. 1000 years ago ASN was trapped in the sarcophagus AFTER calling the dragon to make the man she helped a King. 1000 years ago WF was punished for freezing the world.

That is a lot of things happening 1000 years ago. So what if there was a war to make the man chosen by ASN into the King and they were loosing so ASN made a deal with WF(to save his sister, I have a feeling, she caused SF's death to manipulate WF) and due to the freezing cold, ASN's man won. Since he harmed humans, WF was punished and sent to human realm and the King ASN helped crown got wary of her powers and had her locked up in the sarcophagus.

I personally don't think she knew anything about MW or his child. I think she mentioning their son was just a wild desperate guess to try and save herself.

2 hours ago, PororoQueen said:

Is that a Crown GGG? As of a Crown for a King??

My guessing is: Since ASN told DKS to make SJ his woman, so SJ will betray OG by marrying DKS which will make OG stab her to death, otherwise Evil DKS can become a new King (from SJ's power)?

It doesn't make sense right.... I know Hahahahaha:D

Can't wait for the last 4 episodes. And Keep calm .... Olympic is still on :crazy:

I had a similar thought. But with a twist. I think JSM will see the future where SOG will die trying to save her(How the world will go to hell because of that) and so she will pretend to betray him and shake hands with KDS while plotting his downfall too. The betrayal that SOG and her promised to stab her for. Besides, she getting stabbed by SOG is also how the world will be saved and she will gladly get herself killed than have millions die.

46 minutes ago, ladysaotome said:

It is interesting, isn't it?

BTW in my opinion. Yes, SOG can love someone MORE passionately and loyally. He already does and it's better than MW's selfish love. MW's love tainted and turned PIF into a monster. JSM's love turned SOG into a better person.

Interesting stills..is MW trying to convince SOG to let JSM remove the love GGG and put on the pain one?

• Like 7

Can we have them working together already? Instead of one trying to protect each other?OG is doing it right now then Sunmi will do things on her own again .. gosh

i can't handle this anymore.. esp Sunmi

will get cursed at by viewers again 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, deanne3004 said:

@ladysaotome I'm a little bit dim witted hahaah. Can you explain more what is it about that ?

The elder wonders if Oh Gong will be able to love like Ma Wang did (taking the 10,000 years of star energy punishment) and it just seemed like a suspicious thing to say now that we know about the sword and that Oh Gong will have to put his life on the line not to use the sword.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guys I got new theory, not really new I think haha. Just like what @YourHighness . mention about ASN ways to make someone a king back on 1000 years ago. How about KDS will betray ASN just like the king 1000 years ago, and behind KDS betrayal, it is OG that make him betray ASN,. OG will tell KDS that ASN has no power but he does, and he can help him being king but he must betray ASN and lock her in the coffin. But in the other side OG told ASN that KDS will lock her up just like her last king, so that will make ASN angry and kill KDS. After killed KDS it's easy for OG to kill ASN. Remember that OG and the rest of the demon who wants to be deity doesn't allow to kill human so this theory looks interesting. Monkey is smart animal right? 

Just another guessing, hope Hong Sisters have another better story then all of our theories, so we all can be satisfied

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, deanne3004 said:

After hear the new ost, I have feeling that SM will died and left OG. Warghh I really hate this feeling. I dont want to know abt anything except our OTP will have happy ending ever after. Jaeballl T_T

Count me in! 

Judging from the ost lyric it is just ..*sobs already*

the song seems to depict someone who was suffering and looking for the other half but still believing that they will meet someday

Some of lyrics  contain:

”where are you?”

”I miss you...”

”day by day “

“i feel so much hurt”

aaaargh *sobs sobs*

I really hope that it was just our paranoia that sm will die and OG will be left alone and suffer for xx years / decades / centuries before finally meeting her again. 

Please hong’s sisters..we have 100% faith in you that you’re gonna make a superb and unpredictable ending..which counters the usual separation path..*fingers crossed *

Cant wait to see today’s episode!!

• Like 2
  • Sad 6