[Drama 2017-2018] A Korean Odyssey/Hwayugi 화유기

larus

31 minutes ago, deanne3004 said:

@YourHighness . it 's mean that SOG took the hits for JSM without he realized it ?

If our theory proves right then yes.

6 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

I think ASN will stay until ep 20 she wont die easily

Yes it is possible but then they will have too many villains to kill in just one episode. And honestly, I want our OTP to have some peace and to see their HEA in the later half of episode 20  properly instead of just one small scene.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, astrobooy said:

I doubt SJ has sin since SJ should be  pure right ?

That's not necessarily true..if she is MW's daughter..IF, then she has the taint of the sin and hence living such a tormented life. I doubt she had such a terrible childhood without reason. The writer may make her childhood horrible without reason but like I said, I like to think that everything has a reason and a purpose.

• Like 6

Hmmm i want to agree with you but let say SJ is rly MW child what sin does she do ? Parents sin is not automatically ur child sin right ? Let say im a criminal does that mean my child is a criminal aswell ? 

Ps. Sorry didnt mean to argue 

• Like 2

I saw someone 's comment which I think it is quite possible. She said that SM may be IF and MW's child. That's why SBR did not tell directly about his child because if MW knew it,  he definitely refused to sacrifice his child to save humans in the world. For me, it make sense because the heaven realm seems happy when SBR gave the sword to SOG so that he can kill SJ and they also really enjoy the SJ's sacrifice.

• Like 11

Lee Se Young Perfectly Captures The Two Faces Of Her Character In “Hwayugi”

lee-se-young-hwayugi.jpg

Earlier this week, tvN drama “Hwayugi” released new behind-the-scenes stills of Lee Se Young in character.

Spoilers

The stills highlight the difference between her character as the zombie girl and as Ah Sa Nyeo. As the former, she is lovable and pure, shedding tears with a rose clasped between her hands. In a past life, she was a girl group trainee named Jung Sae Ra.

As Ah Sa Nyeo, though, she turns into a cold and charismatic character who was tossed aside after giving everything she had to make the one she loved king. Now that her thousand-year-old seal has been broken, she’s returned.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/23/lee-se-young-perfectly-captures-two-faces-character-hwayugi/

• Like 6

2 hours ago, astrobooy said:

Hmmm i want to agree with you but let say SJ is rly MW child what sin does she do ? Parents sin is not automatically ur child sin right ? Let say im a criminal does that mean my child is a criminal aswell ? 

We are debating, not really arguing in my opinion. Your point is valid. However, have you ever heard the expression “sins of our fathers”? Furthermore, unfortunately , if your father is a criminal you might be be ostracized in society. That’s why some children of parents who commit notoriety crimes change their names. It is a cruel world. I don’t think it’s correct (to ostracize), but it does happen.

@stargazer187 I totally agree. A change makes it a really unique, and fun show. 

I have been trying to watch another drama to take my mind off of waiting for the next episode. But so far it has been about 30% successful. 

Back to theories, in the next episode if they put more emphasis on the grandson (or have more screen time than normal on him) then I’ll think otherwise. But I’m leaning still on JSM being the child or all three (splitting the soul of the MW’s child). 

• Like 5

I will really like it if it turns out the SJ is MW's daughter. It will really make sense!!! But I don't want to get my hopes up. :(:(:(

If Mawang will know that SJ is his daughter, we might have an EVIL (KDS and ASN) vs SJ, OG, MW and the other characters. I think that will be very cool, instead of just letting SJ as their sacrificial lamb.

• Like 6

“Hwayugi” Shares Update On Scripts And Filming Plans

hwayugi1.png

The hit tvN drama “Hwayugi” has given fans on update on the progress of the drama.

See Also: "Hwayugi" Cast Can't Stop Adoring Baby Behind The Scenes

On February 23, a source from “Hwayugi” told the news outlet OSEN, “The script for the finale episode was completed on the morning of February 22.” As there are still four more episodes remaining before the end of the show on March 4, the scripts have been finished sooner than expected.

Meanwhile, filming will be continuing steadily up until the finale. The source said that while it would be difficult to say for certain due to potential changes to the schedule, filming is currently planned until March 3.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/23/hwayugi-shares-update-scripts-filming-plans/

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, astrobooy said:

Don't apologize. It's perfectly OK to disagree and debate. It's not an argument. :)

When I said JSM's sin, I meant that IF JSM is PIF and MW's daughter than the murder of all those children that PIF committed to save her child/dren, indirectly taints her soul. It's like aiding and abetting in a crime, in our real world. Even if it's done without meaning to, it will have consequences and punishment. :) For example: If someone kills a lot of people for you, for your sake, you will carry the burden of guilt with you, until you can find a way to atone for it. It's like that. :) I wonder if I explained my POV properly...

@stargazer187 Exactly. That's one of the reasons why I think there is a possibility that JSM may be MW's daughter. The Hong Sisters never strictly adhered to the original source material. They always gave their own twist. They made MW's wife into a children's soul sucking monsters when in the books, she was punished for making the magical fan on SOG's demand? Sam Jang is a female, who had a tortured life. MW has a bigger role in the show, his purpose to trying to become a deity is love and saving his wife, not just for the heck of it. I don't think PK has any chance or in need of becoming a deity.

I don't see why any theory has to be scoffed at. If JSM is MW's daughter, that would be an amazing twist, if the peddlers grandson is the child, even that is fine. Some theories will come true and some not. Doesn't mean we can't theorize and there's no hard and fast rule that MW and PIF could have only had a son because they did in the novel. The show is not a remake. It's an adaptation, which means the writers have creative license to twist and change what they want.

About ASN, I hope so too. I hope they turn mere mortals like KDS into the big bad too, not just immortals. It's not necessary that only demons can be evil. And about BJ coming back, I've lost hope. She has already consumed ..what..6 or 7 humans. She is already an evil spirit. Even if ASN dies, I doubt we will get BJ back. She did say her farewell before she turned into ASN, so there are no open threads for her. I'm just sad that she did not get her wish of not turning into an evil spirit. BTW I think SOG will figure out or JSM will(maybe through her vision?), that KDS is BJ's killer.

LOL the fun of the such game is the prize and the punishment for the losers. If the prize and punishment are not there than it's just plain weighing our opinions without any consequences. Where's the fun in that?

• Like 6

3 hours ago, YourHighness . said:

I was thoroughly confused on why SOG took 10 hits for MW. Sure it's bromance and all, even though one sided from SOG's side. But it's not enough for me to be satisfied with. It didn't make sense to me why SOG had to suffer 10 hits when PIF only had to suffer 9. Then it occurred to me. IF JSM really is MW's daughter then as the child, she too has the sin on her soul and SOG as her mate, took her share of punishment.

Yes, I realize that it's most probably just the so called "bromance" but I like to think that everything has a reason.

Sorry for cutting your post. 

If you think about it PIF was suffering her 9 lives as a human while SOG was taking on 10 hits as a monster/deity with supernatural abilities. So to compare their suffering may not be fair. 

SOG taking the 10 hits serves to show his inherent goodness and contrast him to MW.

MW did it for love for PIF. SOG did it for a friend. <3

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, larus said:

“Hwayugi” Shares Update On Scripts And Filming Plans

The hit tvN drama “Hwayugi” has given fans on update on the progress of the drama.

See Also: "Hwayugi" Cast Can't Stop Adoring Baby Behind The Scenes

On February 23, a source from “Hwayugi” told the news outlet OSEN, “The script for the finale episode was completed on the morning of February 22.” As there are still four more episodes remaining before the end of the show on March 4, the scripts have been finished sooner than expected.

Meanwhile, filming will be continuing steadily up until the finale. The source said that while it would be difficult to say for certain due to potential changes to the schedule, filming is currently planned until March 3.

more https://www.soompi.com/2018/02/23/hwayugi-shares-update-scripts-filming-plans/

Congrats for the writers for completing their scripts. I hope all the casts and crews will be able to complete the shooting process on time and safely. I know they suffered a lot while making this amazing drama for us, but I don't want this drama to end :bawling: I need my weekly dose of OG and SJ's cuteness.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Sorry for cutting your post. 

If you think about it PIF was suffering her 9 lives as a human while SOG was taking on 10 hits as a monster/deity with supernatural abilities. So to compare their suffering may not be fair. 

SOG taking the 10 hits serves to show his inherent goodness and contrast him to MW.

MW did it for love for PIF. SOG did it for a friend. <3

I don't see the difference. The pain is similar, emotional and physical, no matter if it's a human or demon.

Sure, it probably will be the just bromance but before meeting JSM, would SOG have really taken the punishment in MW's steed? I highly doubt it. Besides, the theory doesn't hurt anyone and actually builds up the OTP and their connection. I'm not saying it's a certainty, its just a possibility.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, astrobooy said:

Thing is with this show.. these so called Deities are completely nuts and I won't be surprised if they use this as a reason for giving SJM the fate of SJ. 

I feel like this when I watch these deities on action:

Love-and-Other-Drugs.gif

Who is the real child of MW?! 

I've been reading all the theories and all are plausible possibilities at the moment. We will only know when the last 4 eps are shown. 

Truth be told I just want the show to be compete now. I need to be released from this show that's  like a GGG! 

And if things don't turn out the way I wanted (ie happy endings)...... 

Greys-Anatomy.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

This drama is making my mind go crazy. 

There’s so many unexpected twist or some information that will take some time for my brain to comprehend the situation. 

•the previous samjang guardian

•who is mawang child

•saw pictures that ASN was dressed as JSM ?? 

•how will KDS get samjang power

•how will SOG save JSM so that they live happily ever after 

*major sigh*

I’m just gonna enjoy the next four episodes with an open mind. 

I just want more lovey dovey scene from SOG and JSM. 

Writer-nim please let there be a wedding!

• Like 5

I just watched the latest episode which is ep.16. And I'm very confused right now. Very co fused.to the point that I cannot help not to sleep thinking of the what ifs and who's who?First thing first.

*Seun Mi was born as Samjang- I guess she was the child of Ma Wang and Queen Mother. She was revived by her real mother and was punished as well by the Deities.

*The sword- Son O Gong is keeping the sword. I guess he will not use the sword to SamJang of course.

*Jung Se-ra/Ritchie won't be coming back anymore.

*Ma Wang was really used by the deities above. They won't tell him that his child is still alive bacause they know He will interfere if he found out they will have to sacrifice Samjang,his child.

Those are just my ideas . 

• Like 3

Hello everyone :D

There is something that I am quite curious about. I am currently watching the second episode, but I am not sure if Son Oh Gong is ust immortal or was he god, that has been "kicked out"? And is Woo Ma Wang a demon who wants to be a god or is he also a former god who did something bad. 

Please note that i am only watching the second ep. :D 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jasmine Vejle said:

Hello everyone :D

There is something that I am quite curious about. I am currently watching the second episode, but I am not sure if Son Oh Gong is ust immortal or was he god, that has been "kicked out"? And is Woo Ma Wang a demon who wants to be a god or is he also a former god who did something bad. 

Please note that i am only watching the second ep. :D 

SOG is a diety and an immortal who was cast out of heaven. He was locked up for.....<the show hasn’t explained why> That’s why we are theorizing a lot.

Ma Wang wants to become a diety because he was told that he could change the fate of his wife/lover Princesss Iron Fan or make her punishments easier to deal with. I don’t want to spoil the show for you so I’ll leave it at that. 

Speaking of theorizing, I’ve been thinking of one reason for ASN being locked up. She might actually be the witness of Heavens cruelty (separating MW’s child). Humans can’t really lock a priestess without spiritual help. Maybe the whole reason heaven is intervening with ASN is because she knows their secret. The heavens might have made a pact with her, and thus can’t really interfere directly. So they asked SOG and MW to help out. 

• Like 3

Really can't wait for the next episode. So many questions, so many theories. These are some of the things that I hope would be resolved soon:

1. Ma Wang's child. It could be Sun Mi, or it could be the peddlers grandson, although at this point I'm thinking revealing SM as his child would definitely carry more emotional weight and gravity to the situation. Could also lead to a redemption arc of sorts for MW as a character if the writers go for that. But if samjang was created specifically because of who he/she is (MW & IF's child), then why the previous samjang is a male? This confuses me a lot. Then again, the fate of samjang is so cruel that it seems more like a punishment rather than a gift, yet SM's birth saves a lot of people. 

2. The Great Egret. Why is she only able to kill herself using the sword that is used to stab samjang? Is she so powerful? Or did she do it because she wants to wait for the next samjang-guardian couple and warn them of the fate they are destined of? Because to me it seems that each samjang-guardian pair fell in love (although to be fair we only saw two for now) yet the Great Egret did stab her samjang without wearing GGG *and* being in love. It kinda scares me to think what sort of situation they will face and the sort of sacrifice both samjang and the guardian had to face. In my opinion, when they mentioned the great evil will go into samjang's body, the guardian who knows how pure-hearted samjang is, won't bear to see such evil taint the pure soul and are forced to do the deed although both love each other. But why put the GGG on SOG? Is it because his heart is made of stone and the heavens are not sure if he will even stay to protect SM in the first place? So trap him with GGG so that he will continue protecting SM, but as they believed his feelings will never be real they are sure he'll be able to kill samjang when the time comes.

3. Betrayal. So many betrayals are mentioned, each with its own gravity. SOG was betrayed by a human (I'm not sure about this but I think it was 1000 years ago? Please correct me if I'm wrong) although it was never revealed what. And while still a deity, SOG sort-of betrayed MW by not giving the pachaseon to MW and keeping it for himself (as they joked about this, I don't think it is that serious). Then he was imprisoned in the Marble Mountains somehow by MW - another betrayal? ASN was betrayed by a human she made king and locked in the coffin forever (isn't this also 1000 years ago?). Now MW thinks of eating SM to regain and amplify his power, even though he knows SOG loves her. But I do agree, MW, like so many others, think that SOG's love is only because of GGG and he thinks it's okay if GGG is removed. Then again, there's many instances where MW betrayed SOG for example when he burned the photo to try to imprison SOG before. But the SOG-MW dynamic is still strong. But then we have WG who betrayed Oh Gong because of his sister and loyalty to SOG (because he thinks in a way it is to save the Great Sage from the death bell fate) and the SF had to die for it. So confusing! So it is hard for me to gauge what level of act is considered true betrayal that only death is able to pay for it.

4. ASN motivation. Why is she still there? I mean, seriously. She said she wants to summon a dragon and make someone a king. Why? Is it such an important calling? She doesn't seem to particularly like KDS, she only chose him in the end because she lost her powers and had no choice but to "go to him." This might be an unpopular opinion, but I just want to throw it out there. But is it possible ASN was also once a samjang? She's a priestess, her blood smells like flowers, she said people use her for her abilities and then throw her away, she looks particularly moved when PK treats her adoringly, but she's so far gone that she has now turned totally evil. Another thing is, did she ever manage to summon the dragon previously? I don't believe it was explicitly mentioned. Is that why she was so desperate to do it this time around? But she is now powerless, so does that mean her power to summon the dragon and make someone a king now becomes SM's?

5. The Octopus Prince. Why is he still around?

6. Possession of bodies. There's a lot of examples of this in the show and one thing I noticed is that the original psyche always manages to show through at times. We see that with Alice's infatuation with PK which carries over to the Octopus Prince, and with ASN asking herself if the girl (BJ) is still inside.. So if somehow the great evil manages to get into SM's body, would it somehow happens that SM manages to overpower it somehow because of her love for OG? Because in the two previous cases, it relates to love.

Oh-kay. This has been a long post. So sorry. I'll stop now. Hyperactive imagination in anticipation of the weekend and of course episodes 17 & 18 of this amazing show. Let me know what you think. Of course all these are just my perspectives. Will be glad to discuss. 

• Like 6

Hmm.. i kinda want ASN to die by ep 18  and let Buja finishes her last wish. 

ASN was intriguing at first but since her power was transferred to Sunmi, she seems to lost the impact as a villain.

All she has left now is manipulates  people feelings with their weakness. 

OG weakness :Sunmi

Sunmi weakness: OG

PK weakness: Buja

MW weakness: princess Iron fan

but the main otp seems to be so done with this wench lol. Only the fools are now left being manipulated by her.

she can't wake the dragon anymore anyway and this burning ASN thing have been dragging for too long. How many times we were given scenes  OG and MW almost gettng rid of her ? 

i had rather have her defeated already since i'm not sure that she is the main cause for the disaster.  

Hence let her die so our otp can get married and a moment of blissfulness.

I have a feeling that the shop grandson

might play a bigger role in  being the dragon thing.  He seems to be planning something ... his eyes are full of grudges and Resentments 

So him as the red boy Who will  take samjang as a hostage later on might be true... hmmmm

• Like 6