[Drama 2018] My Mister, 나의 아저씨 - Best Drama at 2019 (55th) BaekSang Arts Awards

Go Seung Ji

3 hours ago, timidjock0819 said:

Happy Father's Day to everyone:)

@sadiesmithI am giggling too about that fact. Thank you @fauna for the reminder. Also, please keep in mind the intense look that Jian gave DH before the attempted kiss. The usual intense Jian gaze that DH seems to be the only one that can bring out of her. She  was looking at his lips prior to the kiss so I agree that Jian was curious too about DH from the beginning. The attraction was always there. We just didn't pay attention to it because at that time we weren't expecting a love story at all. The real time reactions from the episode was different at that time. 

And Park Dong Hoon totally knew she was up to something no good by the way he was reacting moments before the kiss attack.  He looked totally nervous, poor guy.  I really miss the early days of this show's airing, when there was so much anticipation and excitement in the not knowing where the drama was taking us.  :bawling:

3 hours ago, timidjock0819 said:

My favorite song was always Rainbow from MA soundtrack. I just had a changed of heart and now it is Dear Moon:wub: just for obvious  reasons that LJE was also quietly shipping DH-Jian from her fanmeeting Q&A. She was obviously passionate about the lyrics and what it meant from Jian's POV.  And thank god for LJE, she just confirmed the song inspiration was DH and it gave me fresh perspective about the earlier episodes 4-5. It was full moon when DH followed Jian from the grocery store. He stared at that moon while he waited for her in the cold. Such a great scene now looking at it from a different perspective. 

Did I miss something?  Where did she say all that?  Can you post the links again?

• Like 6

@timidjock0819 @mylovelystar  I've always thought of Dear Moon as both Halmoni's song of her love for the moon, and Ji An's song of her love for Dong Hoon. It's so obvious from the lyrics that it's a metaphor of her feelings for him.  To her, he's like the beautiful but unreachable moon that shines all the brighter because of her darkness.  And there was a part there when the lyrics speak of how their eyes met for the first time and his low voice spoke to her. That's very clearly Park Dong Hoon that the song is referring to. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

You know you're not over My Ahjussi when you see this and immediately think of Dong Hoon & Yoon Hee:

- After years of working hard at their marriage, it didn't work out.

- Some well-meaning onlookers insist "Divorce = Bad", "Divorce = Failure", "You should have stuck it out", "You should have tried harder", and so on. But what exactly is "failure"?

- Failure is staying in an abusive relationship (and abuse can be mental / emotional too)... Success is leaving an abusive relationship.

Failure is judging a couple for their relationship choices... Success is loving people who are going through difficult times. (Shoutout to Sang Hoon & Ki Hoon!)

- Why is it considered better for two people to live unhappily together than to live happily apart?

- Isn't it better for kids to be raised by two happy, independent parents than two depressed, arguing ones?

- A couple should definitely fight for their relationship, but nobody gets married expecting to get divorced, and not all marital problems are straightforward. Many marriages end because people drift apart. Because they have very different life goals. Or they simply can't get along, no matter how hard they try.

- Divorce doesn't necessarily have to be the end of a life; it can also be the beginning of a new life. And sometimes, happy endings just come after the sad ones.

----
@justamom Thanks for pointing out that Yura also said "It's no big deal" to herself... I guess I wasn't paying enough attention, which I'm guilty of doing during Yura's scenes. Also, I was hoping that It's no big deal is a saying exclusive to DH, and the two people he's closest with, JA and SW. That ruins my mini thesis, ughhh... unless I explain YR's line away as an outlier! :lol:

@popai5 Thank you. I deliberately didn't log their onscreen dinners / drinking sessions, because the audio recordings Kwang Il listened to made it clear that DH and JA hung out a lot more than was shown to us. Seeing how restless Ahjussi became if JA didn't walk home with him sometimes, I'm inclined to think they hung out every weeknight.
  • Like 5
  • LOL 3

46 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

You know you're not over My Ahjussi when you see this and immediately think of Dong Hoon & Yoon Hee:

- After years of working hard at their marriage, it didn't work out.

- Some well-meaning onlookers insist "Divorce = Bad", "Divorce = Failure", "You should have stuck it out", "You should have tried harder", and so on. But what exactly is "failure"?

- Failure is staying in an abusive relationship (and abuse can be mental / emotional too)... Success is leaving an abusive relationship.

Failure is judging a couple for their relationship choices... Success is loving people who are going through difficult times. (Shoutout to Sang Hoon & Ki Hoon!)

- Why is it considered better for two people to live unhappily together than to live happily apart?

- Isn't it better for kids to be raised by two happy, independent parents than two depressed, arguing ones?

- A couple should definitely fight for their relationship, but nobody gets married expecting to get divorced, and not all marital problems are straightforward. Many marriages end because people drift apart. Because they have very different life goals. Or they simply can't get along, no matter how hard they try.

- Divorce doesn't necessarily have to be the end of a life; it can also be the beginning of a new life. And sometimes, happy endings just come after the sad ones.

:D LOL, @h2ogirl.  Before I saw the link at the bottom of your post I was asking myself why you went through all the trouble of gathering posts arguing in favor of DH and Yoon Hee's divorce.  I swear I have read the exact same words spoken about their marriage, if not here then somewhere else where MA has been discussed.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@timidjock0819 @mylovelystar  I've always thought of Dear Moon as both Halmoni's song of her love for the moon, and Ji An's song of her love for Dong Hoon. It's so obvious from the lyrics that it's a metaphor of her feelings for him.  To her, he's like the beautiful but unreachable moon that shines all the brighter because of her darkness.  And there was a part there when the lyrics speak of how their eyes met for the first time and his low voice spoke to her. That's very clearly Park Dong Hoon that the song is referring to. 

Yes, and in both JA’s love song to DH and in DH’s love song to JA, they mention staying up all night thinking about each other. :wub:

Here is the original version of DH’s song.

• Like 5

Yes, I'm still alive @justamom !!! Although I would love for them to kiss. 

Re-watched epis 13 & 14 over Raya. Just some things to note: 

#1 Dong-hoon's place to cry/take a breather is the loo

KH's question for DH in epi 13

no%20crying%20place_zpspgsk1xuj.jpg

DH in epi 6. Went straight to the loo to compose himself before facing his bros & soccer team 

Spoiler

toilet%20epi%206_zpstukk2wk4.jpg

DH in epi 16, after losing both YH & JA

Spoiler

toilet%20epi%2016_zpskvzg5ctx.jpg

Someone here asked about scene wishlist. Here's mine: I wish they'd shown DH breaking down in the toilet while they were celebrating his promotion @ JH's bar. I've always suspected that that's where he disappeared to, at least twice. This is right after he discovered JA's number's no longer in service. Maybe they'll share via director's cut? 

#2 JA is DH's no. 1

no%201%20yh%20q_zpsqzsigq0t.jpg

Spoiler

no%201_zps20fvkef0.jpg

#3 What were the 3 disasters? 

First, can anyone read what DH actually typed? tvN's Malay subtitles when translated mentioned '3 disasters'. Which made me think, what 3 disasters did DH think he was destined to face (by episode 14)? "My wife cheated on me", "My bosses tried to fire me"... Could the third be "I just lost my soulmate?" He sent this to the monk the morning after the goodbye call. Actually, even if it didn't say 3 disasters, it's interesting he sent it at that moment in time.  

3%20disasters_zps5fbywbhh.jpg

#4 One more thing to add to DH's 'safety first approach'

Apologies if someone's noted this before, but he pulled out the charger before taking YH's 'your bros already know' call. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, fauna said:

Yes, and in both JA’s love song to DH and in DH’s love song to JA, they mention staying up all night thinking about each other. :wub:

Here is the original version of DH’s song.

@fauna, thank you for posting the original.  I used to think LSK was very off in his singing, but very strangely after hearing the lovely original LSK's version sounded not as bad. :-)

Does anyone have the lyrics to the song?

• Like 4

Just for fun: Chinese zodiac for those born in 1974, taken from https://chinesenewyear2018.com/zodiac/tiger/. Green highlights: totally on point, blue highlights: need to check out more details on YH / JA. 

Personality and characteristics

Tigers are kind and benevolent. Animals, jazz music or other things that call for imagination are good for them. They rarely feel tired and have rich emotions. Sometimes though, they make brash decisions and are hard to control. But no matter how many difficulties or obstacles they face, they will never give up. In the end, Tigers live an average life—there are times of joy, sadness and sometimes disappointment.

Men born in the Tiger year are adventurous spirits. The riskier something is, the more they want to try it. They aren’t afraid of expressing themselves and can be aggressive in work. Sometimes their confidence makes it difficult to connect with others, so they need to open up a little. They are positive and have high beauty standards. However, they lack romance and might create a cold and unhappy family.

Compatibility

Most compatible with: PigHorseDog

As a Tiger, they are most compatible with Pigs. Both of them will see the other as most important and are willing to make sacrifices whenever needed. They are able to be themselves in this relationship and similar goals make up for differences in personality.

Horses are able to attract a Tiger’s attention. Their relationship will include mutual respect and support. Hard on themselves and others, a Tiger will only reveal their gentle side to the honest Dog. They will also encourage the Dog to go after their goals and withstand the troubles together.

Least compatible with: MonkeySnake

A Monkey and Tiger have clashing personalities. They want and need different things. This relationship can only end in arguments.

It’s hard for a Snake and Tiger to sympathize and understand each other. The relationship will be full of suspect and coldness.

Lucky things for Tigers

• Colors: green, blue (JA's usual / more memorable colours)
  • Numbers: 1, 3, 7
  • Flowers: plum blossom
  • Directions of auspiciousness: north
  • Directions of wealth: southeast, northwest
  • Directions of love: east

Unlucky things

• Colors: white (YH's usual shade)
  • Numbers: 4, 9

Careers fit for Tigers

Tigers are born leaders. If forced to do jobs that are the same every day or have no meaning to them, they will not put in their best effort. Though they believe in doing their best, they need a job that actually uses their skills.

Their job should not merely be a way to earn money. It should be a part of their lives. Rather than working to live, they live to work. A high position leadership or management position would be the best fit.

However, Tigers are both suspicious and gullible. Add in short tempers, they are prone to making horrible decisions and lose the respect of others. Tigers who wish to become leaders must remember to listen to coworkers and think things through before acting.

Tigers in the Year of the Dog (2018)

Overall, the Year of the Dog will be positive for them. Tigers have the space to express themselves with their talents and skills. If they put effort and time into your career, they’ll find great success. But Tigers must consider long term effects; otherwise they’ll miss out on rare opportunities.

Career

Tigers will have successful careers this year, but only if they are careful. If they work to help the company profit, they’ll receive the recognition and rewards they wish for. Businessmen shouldn’t be too impatient about developing though. If they don’t plan well, the money they put in might never come back. For the stock market, they shouldn’t follow everyone else. Instead, they must base investments on past experience and data.

They’ll also meet a “savior” who will give them much needed help. Business and store owners should use this year’s fortune in building reputation. Take advantage of the internet and other platforms to expand your market.

If they wish to switch jobs, they’ll find luck in that as well.

Successful months are: Lunar January (Feb 16-March 16), March (April 16-May 14), and August (Sept 30-Oct 8).

The months with most work obstacles are: Lunar April (May 15-June 13) and September (Oct 9-Nov 7).

• Like 7

So after taking forever to get from episodes 1-4, I binge watched 5-11 over Raya weekend. Once it got going I just couldn’t stop. I even missed live watching my favourite World Cup team tonight....and that’s big for me because I’ve been following their games at every World Cup since more than 20 years back.

I have so many thoughts but I need some time to collect them. I watched it closely this round to study how they built up Dong Hoon and Ji An’s relationship, which on my first watch hit me out of the blue during the slippers incident (episode 11). On second watching I think Dong Hoon fell for her as early as episode 6 and 7, when he started sharing his innermost thoughts in a very intimate way he’s done with no one else in the show. Except maybe Sang Won. 

And another pivotal moment that jumped out at me was Ji An’s decision to confront Yoon Hee and expose the fact that Dong Hoon knew about the affair. Why? I think because she decided there and then that Do Joon Yeon wouldn’t stop unless she took him down. What do you think? I need to go back and rewatch that part again.

Even on third or fourth watching the crisis scene between Yoon Hee and Dong Hoon still makes me tremble with sorrow and fear. Fear that this man is going to internally combust after holding everything in for so long. The tension was built up so well, through a few short scenes - the parking card, the beer.  And the fact that we don’t see the violence directly, but through hazy flashbacks in the clear light of day.

One new thing I noticed. If you listen closely at the end of ep 11, Dong Hoon sweeps something down — it sounds like a stack of glasses or beer bottles comes down crashing. Again, another example in this show of the most intense emotions being hidden/shown through a filter —>>>which actually works to amplify the tension/intensity of their reactions! Brilliant storytelling.

Another realisation, or confirmation of a feeling that I had earlier: Yoon Hee really loved Dong Hoon. At least in the early years. And she probably still does. In a warped way, it was Dong Hoon’s lack of love towards her that made her that way. It’s the truth: Dong Hoon cared for her and took care of her needs, but he did not love her with his whole mind, heart and body. And that turned her love for him, in a way, to something more spiteful and vindictive.

@ccl82 it literally means 三灾 (from the proverb 三灾八难), literally three calamities or figuratively, disaster. Great spots!

More thoughts later.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 1:17 PM, sadiesmith said:

Wanna read another GREAT review?  You will really love this one because it is so FUN to read.  From subtitledreamshttps://subtitledreams.wordpress.com/2018/05/18/review-my-mister/

Excerpts:

Seriously… such a double standard.  I’ve been watching K-dramas for a long time and they have no problem whatsoever throwing a young man into an older woman’s arms.  Noona romances galore.  Secret Love Affair, I Can Hear Your Voice, My Sweet Seoul, My Lovely Sam Soon, the list is long.  But can a middle aged dude hook up with a younger woman?  NOPE.  I realized right away this wasn’t going to be that kind of a love story – even though it WAS… the chemistry was spot on, the longing, the tension, the silences and stares and sultry avoidance and secret messages to each other.  More than half the show, our leading male looked like he needed to bite down hard on a leather strap to keep from exploding with desire.  And our stalker female lead, she was insanely obsessed with him… and that’s putting it mildly.

:D:D LOL hard at the words I highlighted in blue.

Read the rest: https://subtitledreams.wordpress.com/2018/05/18/review-my-mister/

Awesome review. The only other opinion on DH-JA's relationship that almost makes sense to me (besides us shippers' position) is that they love each other but aren't meant to be. Buttt that goes against (1) the bright, happy, GREEN last scene, (2) the only skinship our Ultra-Reserved Leading Man initiates (signalling that he's a free man now), and (3) the fact that DH looked back at the very end of ep 16 with so much longing - this tells me he was still missing something in his life as a somewhat happier, successful man who's no longer weighed down by politics, a draining marriage or his heavy messenger bag. That "something" being his heart, JA.

He can't be happy without you after all, Ji An-ah! :D

FDHFwGX.gif

Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to defend the DH-and-YH-patch-things-up-in-the-end crew, because I don't see how.

The reviewer above says:

"We also had the cool as cucumbers wife of our leading male. Successful, gorgeous, and sly. She’d been having an affair for over a year – but when things go sour, she is forced to return home and mend her bridges with her husband. I understood why our leading man decided to stick it out with her. They had been married for years. They had a child together. Marriage can be unexpectedly hard and disappointing. I found it rather comforting that they slowly and carefully attempted to heal their broken hearts. Though I admit, part of me wanted him to kick her to the curb."

Response to the red bit: How do you know that DH decided to stay in the marriage (after the ep 16 breakdown scene, when YH is already in the States)? Where's the evidence? What I remember is that DH told YH something along the lines of "How do I end a relationship that I've been maintaining for 20 years? I don't know where to start." He was even considering divorce - judging from what his bar owner friend told him: "Even someone like me could do it (actually go through with divorce). What's keeping you?" Also, I don't recall much love and rapport shown between YH and DH, before or after YH's confession about her affair. They seemed tense and unwilling to share their minds to each other. And I doubt YH would be willing to try and resuscitate her marriage when (1) her husband's mind is preoccupied with another woman now (YH is someone who requires that DH make YH his #1 priority, period); (2) DH clearly won't cut off ties with his neighborhood pals just because YH doesn't like them; and (3) she feels like a complete outsider at the ep 14 party as @tiger457_stv pointed out. Just notice how tense the atmosphere gets when JA comes up! Look at YH's expressions. What I see here is that this marriage is over.

aPVZbTg.gif

Spoiler

DOLqXQU.gif

smjVGMc.gif

Response to the blue bit: Yes, but they heal only after YH leaves him... for good! They don't heal while they're together!

---

For fun: contrast the way SH & KH (especially KH) say their (final) goodbye to YH versus JA. Cold; conflicted; awkward versus Warm; gratefulness; mutual want to see each other again.

B0ECIk1.gif

Spoiler

YZUNi77.gif

---

Edit: @ccl82 He does head to the bathroom when he's about to cry in ep 14:

Spoiler

3KJkCxF.png

R9jAgdu.png

The sign with the arrow (on the bottom) says "Bathroom".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@h2ogirl Yup, which is why, I wish they'd show him crying in the bathroom. I think if they did, then it's clear (or rather, clearer to deniers), what kinda 'relationship' these two have. 

@justamom , thank you, and for me, DH began to share his intimate thoughts with JA much earlier. Possibly earlier than episode 3, but the 'I'll hate you too MIster' scene stood out the most. She kept pushing for him to open up about DJY, and if you notice, he slowly let his guard down.

"Everyone I hate seems to succeed." Which other successful person does he hate other than DJY? Could it be YH? (On a side note, I remember watching this scene for the first time thinking DH seems to have a feeling something is going on between YH & DJY, but does not want to face it)

hate%20djy_zpseroc0pwd.jpg

hate%20everyone_zpsb7hwcknw.jpg

Check out how intensely he's looking at her when she asked him to hate her. I think here, she's hit the spot. 

Spoiler

can%20hate%20me%20reaction_zps9croc22s.j

When she told him she'd completely hate him too, guess how he reacted? He looked away.

Spoiler

side_zpsqgo1eisz.jpg

This is followed by the ''squished in train, bugged his phone' scene. Check out the number on the train track. 

The initial death of guarded DH? 

4_zpslwxvpdi9.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

Does anyone have the lyrics to the song?

Here you go (grabbed this online, so, likely from Dramafever):

I didn’t leave my heart behind

In the place where the chilly breeze blows

And I didn’t leave my regrets behind

In that place where the clouds swirl and wander around

Oh, if I happen to think of them

I stay up all night because I have a person I miss

If I stop to think about it, it’s a very distant place

And it drenches this lonely heart of mine with tears

My love does not linger in that place

Where the sun sets with a golden light

In that cozy place near the lake within the green forest

That part between verses where he tried to keep his cool tho...  :(

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

Here you go (grabbed this online, so, likely from Dramafever):

I didn’t leave my heart behind

In the place where the chilly breeze blows

And I didn’t leave my regrets behind

In that place where the clouds swirl and wander around

Where the sun sets with a golden light

In that cozy place near the lake within the green forest

That part between verses where he tried to keep his cool tho...  :(

Thank you!  I was hoping there would be another translation of the lyrics other than the one I saw on Youtube.  The line "Oh, if I happen to think of them", about the pronoun them, this is actually not referring to a plural entity, right?  It should have gone something like "Oh, if I happen to think about her/him", a third person singular, right?  This pronoun is referring to "a person I miss", doesn't it?  If my guess is correct, and the camera keeps showing us Ji An in her new place far away from Dong Hoon's neighborhood, I think it is very safe to say that show is telling us literally that DH is thinking about her when he sings that song.  He misses her!

But of course all this is lost on half the watching population.  

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

15 minutes ago, sadiesmith said:

Thank you!  I was hoping there would be another translation of the lyrics other than the one I saw on Youtube.  The line "Oh, if I happen to think of them", about the pronoun them, this is actually not referring to a plural entity, right?  It should have gone something like "Oh, if I happen to think about her/him", a third person singular, right?  This pronoun is referring to "a person I miss", doesn't it?  If my guess is correct, and the camera keeps showing us Ji An in her new place far away from Dong Hoon's neighborhood, I think it is very safe to say that show is telling us literally that DH is thinking about her when he sings that song.  He misses her!

I would say, the way the shots were juxtaposed, and where that scene is in the plotline, yes, it's him thinking of her. 

For me, 'them' = his love, his regrets, the places. If he happens to think of these things, he would stay up all night, because there's a person he misses. Would probably need someone who understands Korean to translate for us. 

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, ccl82 said:

I would say, the way the shots were juxtaposed, and where that scene is in the plotline, yes, it's him thinking of her. 

For me, 'them' = his love, his regrets, the places. If he happens to think of these things, he would stay up all night, because there's a person he misses. Would probably need someone who understands Korean to translate for us. 

Oh, that makes sense, too.  The increase use of the plural "them" to refer to a third person singular has been bugging me a lot lately, so my mind went there right away.  But you could be right that it's not referring to a person at all.  

@h2ogirl and @ccl82, my mind continues to boggle at some of the new things you found, namely toilet as Dong Hoon's crying space, the number 1 (Ji An) as the first person in Dong Hoon's heart, and the number 4 symbolizing death of DH's guarded life.  The director knew what he was doing, that's all.  Now I not only have to look for traffic signals, but toilet signs, too in my re-watch.

@justamom, I am sad to think that Yoon Hee loved him more than he loved her.

• Like 9

On 6/16/2018 at 4:27 AM, t123han said:

I am currently watching coffee prince just to refresh my memory of lsk in that . I have seen it multiple times for Gong Yoo but this time I watched only scenes with LSK . He is called ajhussi in this one also. I am falling for him more than Gong Yoo because of my ajhussi . 

I have been watching k dramas for decade now . I started with BOF and remember thoroughly enjoying it . But never have I had any lingering thoughts once the drama is over . I always move on to next one .

I feel like drama virgin now and this feels like my second innings.My ajhussi has reset my drama viewing capabilities. I don’t think I will be able to watch anything mediocre from now on . I am not sure if this is just a phase but from past one month I have not been able to watch single episode of any new dramas properly since I keep comparing.

coming back to coffee prince , there is scene between Gong Yoo and leading lady on the train where they are squished together because of crowd and it’s obvious that this was a romantic ploy. I feel the director had that train scene in my ajhussi to test the korean viewer response. I am sure if there was a positive response the director would have steered the wheel of this ship and would have given us more of skinship.

i also feel that because of ambiguity of their relation we all have not been able to move on. If my ajhussi had more skinship and a clear ending I feel like I would have been able to leave this ship happily and in peace knowing that jian and dh are going to have mini jian and dh babies !!! 

But since everything is left open for interpretation I feel the angst of these two people as my own and try to come up  with scenes that proves that they might end up with each other !!! 

Uffffhhh... someone please rescue me !!! How do I even take out this drama from my system !!! 

@t123han, maybe with My Ajusshi you experienced your "second spring", "second puberty", or midlife crisis. :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sadiesmith said:

Full OST with all the instrumental music used in the drama:

Listening to this in the office is just giving me all the feels and making it impossible for me to do work. What a gorgeous soundtrack!!! Thanks for sharing @sadiesmith My Ahjussi really has the best sound director.

Another scene that struck me in my rewatch. Gwang Il telling Ji An that he just told Dong Hoon that she's a thieving bxxxx. And the heartbreak on her face as he rejects her at the subway station, telling her to go home.

It's all over now, she thinks. It's all over.

She takes out her earphones and stops listening.

Which makes Dong Hoon's confrontation with Gwang Il the next day that much more powerful.

Edit: OST #16, Crumpled Life---that has to be Sang Hoon's soundtrack, right there! I almost burst out laughing when I heard it!

• Like 6

12 hours ago, sadiesmith said:

A friend of mine has graciously translated the lyrics for me into Vietnamese (my mother tongue) and from what I see it doesn't mention singular or plural at all - more like it's emphasizing the action/feeling of missing. Actually a lot of Asian languages can be very ambiguous when it comes to who's referring to who and we base on context to understand. And based on context (the next sentence talks about someone I miss) we can safely say it's really JA that DH is thinking about here :)

14 hours ago, justamom said:

And another pivotal moment that jumped out at me was Ji An’s decision to confront Yoon Hee and expose the fact that Dong Hoon knew about the affair. Why? I think because she decided there and then that Do Joon Yeon wouldn’t stop unless she took him down. What do you think? I need to go back and rewatch that part again.

Just got to episode 9 yesterday and that moment jumped out at me too. Maybe I'm being sentimental, but could it also be stemming from a selfish desire to hurt YH, who has inflicted so much pain on DH, who just minutes ago outright told her to leave the company, that it's ok if DH got fired, since 'engineers could find work anywhere'?

DH has said that it would be fine, as long as YH doesn't know that he knows about the affair. Makes me wonder if JA didn't tell YH, how would it affect the DH/YH marriage? I think it would still crumble eventually with so many secrets between them, but it would probably drag on a bit longer, both of them trying to keep pretenses.

• Like 8