[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

Dog: Episode 14

MadDog14-00157.jpg

The ever-shifting allegiances of those caught up in the Flight 801 conspiracy continue to give Mad Dog opportunities to find some sort of crack in the foundation of their lies. And with so much deception constantly at work, it’s only a matter of time before one of our baddies steps into a trap they can’t wriggle themselves out of.

EPISODE 14: “The time between dog and wolf”

MadDog14-00013.jpg

As Ha-ri and Min-joon stake out Hong-joo’s meeting with the government officials, Ha-ri scolds Min-joon for rolling down his window despite the cold night air.

Min-joon senses that Ha-ri is actually mad about him taking another woman up to his room while he was undercover, though Ha-ri denies that she cares about that.

She starts to tell Min-joon that she knows what happens when a man and a woman head into a room together arm-in-arm, but abruptly stops herself when she realizes that her words are showing how much she really does care.

Min-joon, however, catches Ha-ri’s slip, and teases her about being so curious about what he was doing with another woman. Ha-ri tries to get them to refocus on their stakeout and that’s when Min-joon realizes that the rest of the team can hear everything they’re saying back at the Mad Dog office.

===Read more: http://www.dramabeans/....episode-14/

COMMENTS

Obviously Hyun-gi isn’t completely innocent of any wrongdoing. After all, he still helped cover up the true nature of the crash and used it to secure his position in JH Group. But while he is not a saint, his point that the people responsible for the crash itself are those who conspired to create the new flight path despite unsafe conditions, namely his father and Chairman Cha, is, I think, fair. His role in the cover-up is a lot less morally reprehensible than actively creating a situation where dozens of people lost their lives.

I do think Hyun-gi’s motivations are pretty intriguing though. It seems to me that his primary goal is to win over Hong-joo, who he may manage to save from scrutiny by throwing Chairman Cha willingly under the bus at the press conference. His lingering attachment to her might be the exact thing the Mad Dog team needs in order to finally get to Hyun-gi, although so far Hyun-gi seems pretty aware of how his affection for Hong-joo can be used against him and guards himself fairly well against it.

Spoiler

What was really shocking to me was the revelation that Hong-joo was very much aware of everything regarding Flight 801, even two years ago. I was convinced that her confusion was genuine whenever seemingly new information found its way to her, so when she so coldly acknowledged just how deep into the conspiracy she was all along, I was as stunned as Mad Dog was. She seemed to be like a poor lost soldier just following her dad’s orders not aware of where that path would take her.

MadDog14-00499.jpg

So now that we know that Hong-joo was well aware of everything even before the crash, it throws every decision we’ve seen her make into a new light. She specifically booked tickets for Kang-woo and his family on the plane she knew was faulty, manipulated Kang-woo into avoiding digging deeper into the case, and then only revealed her true colors when she thought it was completely safe for her to do so.

Given how well she managed to hide, it’s kind of surprising that she would fall into Mad Dog’s trap so easily just because she was too panicked to be careful, but it speaks to how precarious the situation is for everyone involved that just one misstep leads to complete disaster for her. It’s tough to believe she’ll manage to completely recover her position now that her conversation has been leaked, but she at least seems poised to avoid serious penalty for her transgressions.

With just the finale week left to go, though, the team will need to refocus quickly in order to ensure they capture everyone involved. Beom-joon was given the entirety of the blame before, and now Chairman Cha is set to take that position from him. Without intervention from our heroes, it’s not hard to imagine the public would be satisfied with choosing Chairman Cha as the sole scapegoat and letting the rest get away unharmed without any further questions. Mad Dog will need to find the smoking gun to bring everyone else to justice, or all of their efforts could be for naught.

MadDog14-00283.jpg

-------

BTS

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 15 translation

KW: Chairman Cha has docilely admitted to the crime?
MJ: In order to save his daughter, he’s holding Ju Hyun Ki’s hand and falling into hell together now, isn’t he?
HG: That’s the way that the things that need to be hidden can be hidden, and the things that need to be erased can be erased.
HR: Ju Hyun Ki is the one who planned everything. Right?
Pentium: He has his stocks as well.
HR: You’re the same, but you’re also totally different.
HJ: I’ll give you whatever you want, so why don’t you tell me, Ju Hyun Ki-sshi?
HG: The whole world wants you after all.
MJ: Stop it now.
KW: Kim Min Joon, let me go.
MJ: Let’s stop now.

So, HG is threatening MJ still? And, KW is feeling protective of MJ, while MJ is feeling protective of KW. Awww... Bromance. KW and MJ are so cute together. Btw, @Dhakra, I think you're going to lose the bet for sure based on this preview. :)

What is left there for hyungi to threaten MJ now :crazy: that evil yet interesting villian! 

Also Thankssss a lot for the translation :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks @stroppyse for preview translation!! 

Omo I feel a sense of foreboding for Hari when she said Ju Hyun Ki is the one who planned everything.... Felt like she might take action - coupled with the hard to read expression on her face during the hug! I hope nothing bad happens. I wonder what JHK said to make CKW punch him! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, herina_90 said:

Thanks @stroppyse for preview translation!! 

Omo I feel a sense of foreboding for Hari when she said Ju Hyun Ki is the one who planned everything.... Felt like she might take action - coupled with the hard to read expression on her face during the hug! I hope nothing bad happens. I wonder what JHK said to make CKW punch him! 

I have seen a lot of people questioning hari's expressions, I think she was just surprised? Like she was just comforting and patting minjoon's head and he went for a hug so she got surprised. Hari moving to the bad side just doesn't make sense at all, I know we never got to know what hyungi said to hari (although she said it was something related to noori) but I HIGHLY doubt something like this would happen, that would be just stupid writing lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, crazyyo said:

I have seen a lot of people questioning hari's expressions, I think she was just surprised? Like she was just comforting and patting minjoon's head and he went for a hug so she got surprised. Hari moving to the bad side just doesn't make sense at all, I know we never got to know what hyungi said to hari (although she said it was something related to noori) but I HIGHLY doubt something like this would happen, that would be just stupid writing lol

Don't think Hari will move to the bad side either - but more of will she take action by herself? Like how KMJ used to do before he started trusting the Mad Dog team, but this time Hari might do it to protect KMJ and CKW.  It's not an evil expression, more of a determined to do something expression. 

• Like 5

Don't think Hari will move to the bad side either - but more of will she take action by herself? Like how KMJ used to do before he started trusting the Mad Dog team, but this time Hari might do it to protect KMJ and CKW.  It's not an evil expression, more of a determined to do something expression. 

That is possible and tbh I would like to see that too haha, but I doubt it with two episodes remaining only :huh: hope she won't pull a stunt like that want to see the whole team taking jh and taeyang down

• Like 3

That is possible and tbh I would like to see that too haha, but I doubt it with two episodes remaining only :huh: hope she won't pull a stunt like that want to see the whole team taking jh and taeyang down

• Like 2

I think with 2 episodes remaining it would be too big a plot twist for Hari to go to the dark side but I can totally see her doing something to help Minjoon and Kangwoo. I mean it wouldn't be bad if she pretended to go to the dark side and help Hyun Ki, but only for the whole Mad Dog team to be in on it too. I also wouldn't mind if she got hurt so then there will be some development between her and Minjoon. I mean I have noticed in the latter episodes, their lines have mirrors each other's from the beginning.

Examples that I can think of...

1.  Hari fell on Minjoon on the table where he ran off because of the cockroach / Minjoon (kind of) fell on Hari when he was drunk
  2. Minjoon taking his clothes off and telling Hari to "turn around" / Hari changing in the car and telling Minjoon to "turn around"

So given this observation, I'm kind of thinking that if Hari gets hurt and ends up in hospital then Minjoon will be the one by her side. I'm also imagining some confession whilst she's unconscious/or pretending to be and somehow Pentium records it which later on the whole team listens together (preferably Cheetah and Pentium reenacting the scene by lip syncing the voice recording) leading to some embarrassing/shy moments, whilst Kang Woo looks on like a proud father/brother. THE END.

If none of this happens, I might have to start writing fanfics again.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2