[Drama 2017] Mad Dog 매드독

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

I don't understand why the authors from dramabeans and Hancinema are criticising that the viewers were misled about the assistant pilot. Yes, in the first phase, KBJ was pulling down but when you look at the scene where the plane is shown, it clearly shows that the pilot was pulling up. Then I noticed something: the masks falling down in front of the passengers, they all look as if they were not working (empty). 

Exactly. I don't see a problem with having two versions of what went down during the crash. The first version is the "official" one told by Juhan  and the Civil Aviation (based on the  false testimony given by the Captain.)  And obviously from a story-telling perspective , they needed to get the viewers to see that first, so that we can then question why KMJ was so adamant in trying to find out the truth. This second version , possibly the truth is to help us start opening up to the possibility that the official version was a lie. It validates KMJ's suspicion. The viewers and the Mad Dog team will now start to look at things from KMJ's perspective as well. 

Something just came to mind. Could it be that, the alcoholic pilot made a mistake (maybe in his hazy mode) during the flight and KBJ was trying to rectify it, and thus he got upset and shouted at KBJ “what are you doing?” (if that exchange was indeed recorded), and tried to stop KBJ, thus KBJ had to knock him out to concentrate on saving the plane (as opposed to “knocking him out to continue with suicide” version of the story)?

That may explain why it sounded as if alcoholic pilot was the victim (due to head injury) but in actual fact, he was injured by KBJ so as not to cause further damage...

• Like 5

Watched only the raws but I love this episode from the little I understood! Cheetah and Pentium trying to take action and gettng caught by their Jang Sunbae. I loved how scared they were when they got caught, and how they obediently turned away coz she told them to.  Love their team dynamics. Luckily they get to take action again next ep based on the preview even after CKW went back to Taeyang. 

Also looks like KMJ is definitely opening up to JHR. At least in the scenes they had together for the second half of the ep, it looks like he's smiling genuinely while talking to her about eating/why she's still following him, instead of the snarky smirk he used to give the team at the start. He even gave a tiny smile just looking at the back of her :tongue: Onboard the ship!

Lastly happy that CKW is starting to take action by returning back to Taeyang. It's where everything started so nowhere better to look for answers. I like how he knows KMJ can't trust him yet and vice versa, so he used a bargaining chip to get answers - give and take so they both get what they want. Next ep preview shows them looking comfortable with each other at the bar so let the bromance begin! 

• Like 6

Good episode, I guess the real case and work starts now.

They really try to push KMJ and JHR into a shipping corner. No preview where they don't have at least one scene being close to each other. Whenever they have a scene together, they don't act just normal. It always has to be.....dramatical. Like her pushing him to the wall, or when she asked him if he wants to know where KW is. She HAD to get up close to tell him. 

It somehow annoys me, it feels so forced and unnatural. Start it now or just don't do it. Because right now, these stupid shenanigans really drag the fun out of the drama. 

I mean it's okay when you want to create a loveline, but don't use a sledge. It feels like the writer wants to hammer the loveline into them.

giphy.gif

@Dhakra I agree with you. I have not watched eps 8 but even in the previous eps, it felt out of place. I have no issues with a love line between the two but the way in which it was propositioned  to us the audience was very hard sell. There could be less overt, and smoother ways of doing this. 

Edited by Guest