[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

1 hour ago, babycrayon said:

Seems like he thought he is dying, felt like he will die soon, so he left to die alone, not in front of her, you know "in a cool way" like he said to MS before. This is actually a sad version... 
And may be what he told her was  truth:  had some matters to deal with. But he might have just lied.

@babycrayon  This sentence "he left to die alone" aow! I get it now. Thank you.

1 hour ago, babycrayon said:

For me coming to this thread is like watching extended episodes of JBL. People here notice many things that I don't, so I discover something new. And yes I like it that we share our opinions, and it's interesting how different it's sometimes.

Yes, exactly. I like word "extended episodes" ♡♡

I have more question :wub:  Did I  said that I love every minute, every line, every closure? But seem like I don't really get ALL things LOL :lol: )

This scenes I think help JW finally feel better about his dad from MS points of views.
I think I understand MS a bit but I don't know if it cleary right and I don't know how to describe it.
Someone help explaination with this scenes? TIA.

SM talk to JW

Spoiler

CKJmKUp.jpg

then flashback MS talk to SM

Spoiler

vsJqeJ5.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

I too feel like this - like he fells that he is so not allright and he wanted to leave her while she is smiling - not made her cry in the end. But I too think he had a few thinks to handle - maybe to set up the clinic leaving a wish for his Sis to run it instead of Granny. Whatever - he would never die with all that money and without thinking how to take care for sis, MS and SM maybe even Ma Ri. So on his - as the thought last day - there where things to do and he could not allow MS to be with him in that times - he needed to stay strong. How could he with her on his side crying or holding in her tears as good as possible.

@Mau_Cherry Thank you very much. I was happy to see them together and too focus on how MS feel after wake up and GD left. I lost part to understand GD. So this scenes is more meanings than I has describe to myself.

33 minutes ago, Mau_Cherry said:

But later - he was just relieved to see MS before he has to leave- the rooftop scene - my most heartbreaking moment - I cried so hard - even I had full trust for the happy end - the feeling thats both thought he died - that felt too real for me.

At the moment of rooftop scene it is about 1 hours and 15 minute air!
I was at work and so terrified! IS GD going to die. T___T 
A rooftop scence is heartbreaking is like say goodbye
No one tell me that the finale episode going to have more extra 10+ minutes :lol: 
Happy Ending, Yet thinking of this scenes right now, I feel the same heartbreaking.

Spoiler

gBvwEir.jpg

On 1/29/2018 at 10:09 PM, xxPeepsxx said:

Huh? What are you talking about? This whole thread is a spoiler for Just Between Lovers.

Lol I mean like if there are any pages where someone does like an extensive recap or something.  I don't have access to Viki's premium service, so I have no way to watch the eps until they finally open it to all.

@piekeboeboe

For the scene with JW

It is true that MS - gosh wich episode was it - I need to search for it to say it exactly - but she said something about the architeckt - dying in vain after giving an apologize - like JW said it in the pictures. And that hits him hard. He was shocked to find out about MS Dad and got reminded on what he said and did before and MSs comment ... that was too much for him because he thought MS would be able to understand him and comfort him  maybe - she said a lot in the past he liked so much to hear - and it was part ot the reasons JW changed for a while and tried to get behind his wall again - but what he did not know was that later MS told Si Mi something so different about the architeckt - after checking the blueprints and finding out that there was no mistake and she even was so nice to think about the family ot that man. JW found out in that moment that he was wrong about MS - she was still the person he saw in her first - and that was healing for him.

I hope I was able to describe what i think...

and yes - even rewatching it - knowing the end for sure - i cried a river.

10 hours ago, piekeboeboe said:

At the moment of rooftop scene it is about 1 hours and 15 minute air!
I was at work and so terrified! IS GD going to die. T___T 
A rooftop scence is heartbreaking is like say goodbye
No one tell me that the finale episode going to have more extra 10+ minutes :lol: 
Happy Ending, Yet thinking of this scenes right now, I feel the same heartbreaking.

Just came back because I finish watching episode 16 and I don't think I could have watch it without knowing the end. That rooftop scene is so so so heartbreaking that I would have definitively though GD died there in her lap.

BUT!!! Thank God (and the writer) it didn't come to that.

So I just want to share what I loved the most in the episode and that is 2 things: the smiles on GD and MS faces and when MS finally tells GD she loves him:

(will check how to share my images... :()

HAPPINESS!!!!! FINALLY!!!!

It was a blessed time I spent here with you and watching this drama. Though we know not many of such miracles occur in real life, their story is just too beautiful to forget.

:heart::kiss_wink::star:

bd64d80cffc640e2920084075045af7c.jpeg?x=feat-7-690x400.jpg1f1a84808a2f4d7998431f93b328f64b.jpeg?x=

I was thinking there was a moment in which I thought I might be headed to @stroppyse's corner crying all the way.  In fact there were so many scenes in these last two episodes that were not just heart breaking but much worse they were gut wrenching.  It would seem this drama was a little to close to my recent reality in losing not one but two friends in the past month.  One who was a part of this forum and had the ability to light up a world of words.  I never saw her face until after she was gone, yet trust me.   I saw her heart and friendship took place.  The other was closer to home another precious life losing their battle with ALS. Both young, beautiful and had so much life and love within them to give...

This drama brought much more than tears it brought the reminder of reality that bad things often things we don't understand or can even comprehend.  How is it that bad things often happen to the kindest and sweetest souls.  Striking them down in the midst of their youth when they haven't even started to reach for their own dreams...

Yet not unlike this drama there is a fighting spirit in which every human being isn't willing to give up or give in so quickly.  The courage it takes is unbelievable to face the unknown day after day in hopes that somehow...  Somewhere they too will find that miracle...

Reality unlike this beautiful happy ending doesn't always happen.  But I am reminded today to trust in what I don't always understand and to be thankful for what I am given and for those whom cross my life and path no matter who they are or where they come from. Yes, and even through words alone...

Remembering You....  @CatchMine_ID  purityres.thumb.jpg.9c2089a7c81987345c5c  :heart:usafarmgirl

6 hours ago, dj.soul said:

Lol I mean like if there are any pages where someone does like an extensive recap or something.  I don't have access to Viki's premium service, so I have no way to watch the eps until they finally open it to all.

An extensive recap??? My blog. Don't visit it until you're done with the show. Haha. 

Just now, USAFarmgirl said:

Remembering You....  @CatchMine_ID  purityres.thumb.jpg.9c2089a7c81987345c5c  :heart:usafarmgirl

Dear @USAFarmgirl I am so sad to read about your loss here. My condolence for them and for you...be strong, dear. The beautiful moments with them will always be the precious ones.

Yes, I read that @CatchMine_ID had left us. I asked visitors in YouTube and they said she was very ill in summer and left the world a month ago or...I am not so sure what month it was. It's so sad, I read some of her posts in Soompi Forum. What happened actually?  

Just now, plappi said:

Apologize if I repeat, just dont remember seeing this meiking in this topic.

Someone has posted the Naver link to this making video in this thread, but yes...it is not uploaded in YouTube. 

I am waiting someone can translate those two last making videos on YouTube :) 

12 hours ago, kumakumo said:

My theory about this is  that I think this was actually a case of the actress being uncomfortable with the more passionate kissing scenes. In the previous episodes, to me at least, she always looked painfully out of her comfort zone during the kissing scenes. She would visibly flinch when Gang Doo's lips touched hers, her body was stiff and leaning/facing away from him, her lip quivered at one point etc... I had a suspicion that she wasn't cool with those scenes after the snow kiss and after I saw the BTS it kind of sealed the deal for me. 

I think as a rookie actress whose debut was in a romance she might have wanted to try to match the trend of more passionate kisses, and this is probably what the director's original expectation for her was (even if it wasn't explicitly stated so), but, unfortunately, her body kept sending out all those subconscious SOS signals that she was forcing herself into something she didn't want to do and it showed (at least it did to me). I know Junho must have been aware that she was uncomfortable (I like to secretly think that's part of the reason he pulls back and looks at her whenever he kisses her, as if he's checking that she's okay) and I was hoping he would say something to the director about it since I have a feeling she would have continued forcing herself before she admitted to anyone that was uncomfortable.

Fortunately, it looks like someone eventually spoke up since all the kissing scenes in the last episode were kept chaste, gentle, and simple and the camera angles (more shots of Junho's face, more far-away panned out shots etc...) were used in a way that took the pressure off of her for needing to be more involved in the kissing. I thought she looked far more relaxed in the kissing scenes in the final episode so I was actually really pleased with them. I think it's completely understandable that making out may have been a bit too much too early for her and think it's really admirable that she had a great co-star and director that picked up on that and were able to make adjustments for her.

Ironically, I felt that the toning down of the kissing actually made those scenes more passionate and romantic in a way because it was like he was intentionally holding back because he cared so much about her and wanted her to be as happy and at ease as possible. So maybe if you think of it that way it will become less of a drop of tar in a barrel of honey moment and more of a swoon-worthy one? 

OMG, you speak my mind. I noticed it too, she's okay with a peck but when it comes to a kiss (passionately) I can sense she was uncomfortable with the scene. Like you, I also noticed how Junho was looking at her after he kissed her in the bts. I thought I'm the only one who saw his small eyes attentively checking if she's okay. 

She showed an outstanding performance and got us emotionally invested in her character but she's still a rookies actress. I agree with you with this point. After all, this is her first drama and Junho is the first guy (in drama land) she had to kiss in front of many people and I believe this type of 'acting' will get better when she gain more experience later.  

19 hours ago, orangeprincess18 said:

THIS ONE!!! HUHU

where is this songgg ? ;(

Hello everyone! This song titel is Aurora the artists are:Savina Drones & Kim Kyung Hee. That was OST part 1-3, maybe. I love this song! So beautiful!

This is insane really, I have been putting off catching up with the rest of the drama cos this drama never leave u the same after watching it.

Thank goodness I was in a secluded place all alone so I allowed the tears to flow.  Truly, this writer is a sadist. Hope he is happy now.(but I have glued myself to him)

The ending was perfect for everybody. So perfect. 

Nothing to write again  os others did justice to that. 

I absolutely love MS. She isn't afraid to go for what she want. She pursued KD with zeal,got him and broke him,then help patch him up again both psychologically and emotionally.  I will include physically too (u know what I mean). She is what we call girl power extraordinary. 

Junho, this drama really drained u so please eat well so u will regain  lost energy. 's happy I read him and his band members are now part of the executive of their label. Good news. 

1 hour ago, futuredispatch said:

Just Between Lovers is a really great dramaaa

U can say that again darling.

2 hours ago, bara02 said:

Hello everyone! This song titel is Aurora the artists are:Savina Drones & Kim Kyung Hee. That was OST part 1-3, maybe. I love this song! So beautiful!

It's not the Aurora. I have that one...

If you watched Episode 6, when they were sitting in front of the bridge and their first kiss, the song played in that scene. 

It also played as background song in Just Between Lovers the Making, I think posted in JTBC. 

This Episode, the song starts in 0.44: 

On 31/01/2018 at 9:05 AM, cheremaman said:

Bravo! A beautifully written script, so awesomely acted, an unforgettable drama. Can't help it but Lee Junho has been indelibly imprinted in my mind and heart and I walk away with emotional remnants and poignant memories of his impressive character portrayal. Totally slayed by this multi-talented young man!

He remind  me of soongi. Haa,why am I not suprised. They have something in  common.  The guy has eyes for talent. I'm hoping he will soon shoot up like soongi too. 

5 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

She showed an outstanding performance and got us emotionally invested in her character but she's still a rookies actress. I agree with you with this point. After all, this is her first drama and Junho is the first guy (in drama land) she had to kiss in front of many people and I believe this type of 'acting' will get better when she gain more experience later.  

When I think about it some more, the actress in a drama always has a huge amount of pressure to deal with when it comes to kiss scenes and it's really not fair to demand so much from them when it's not like everyone starts off being a pro at kissing someone they just met not even 6 months ago for several minutes on camera. Just look at poor Park Shin Hye and all the flak she used to get! The sad reality is that despite how amazing her performance was otherwise, one little kiss scene can really make or break the public opinion of an actress even though a less-than-satisfying kiss scene always has at least 3 culprits (the two actors and the director).

How many times have we seen in a show the same situation like in the final scene of JBL, except the woman is standing there frozen while the guy proceeds to kiss her like there's no problem whatsoever and the director has the camera spinning circles around them for 2 minutes as if it's the most romantic scene ever and not unnatural? Those scenes are always a culmination of at least 3 errors: the actress that didn't speak up and ask for a change in the scene, the actor that chose to throw his co-star under the bus instead of communicate with her to come up with a more mutual approach, and the director that disregarded his actress' feelings by choosing to continue to film the scene the way he wanted to instead of acknowledging that the final product isn't right and adjusting accordingly. These are all errors that result from inexperience (good actors/directors are notable for being flexible and improvising to make the best of the circumstances) and JBL could have easily become another example of this.

It's so fortunate that instead this became an A+ example of how people are supposed to work together when filming a drama. The director and actor decided to prioritized their actress' feelings first and find solutions to work around it. As a result, even though the scene/s might not have been what the viewers wanted, it wasn't outright bad or cringe-worthy. The viewers were able to leave the show with the thought of "Well, it was a little disappointing they didn't do xyz, but great show overall!" instead of their last thought being something like "OMG, what was with that last kiss? Totally spoiled the show!" 

One other final note, how sweet and gentlemanly is it that in that last scene instead of Junho going "at least I'm going to show that I'm a good kisser even if my partner might not be" and kissing her anyway (like so many other people have done and still do in those situations), he chose to completely match her lead instead. I don't know about you all, but to me nothing screams romantic more than a guy that respects his partner's feelings like that. Makes me smile just thinking about it :D  

I just started it, it feels so nice to see Junho  :bawling:  his voice is so nice and soft when he speaks  :flushed:

I'm trying hard not to read the all thread to avoid spoilers but it's hard....

I have high expectations! hope the drama won't fail me!!

I'm not fond of the aesthétics of it but it won't matter if the story is good!

in this first episode, one part kind of shocks me :o the road full of foreigners... I do hope we dont have that kind of image there and that it's exagerated, anyway can't wait to see how it goes!

Archived