[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

I was rooting for Kang Doo the most, even if he and MS didnt end up together, I still wanted him to survive.. with or w/o MS. He is one of my fav characters.. 

i'm happy he survived and in the end he was together with MS.. after all this i could never imagine those two cuties ever breaking up ! x3 go ahead and make puppies already GD and MS! One of my fav couples :) there are some couples i can't see last for long in kdrama land,but Kang Doo and Moon Soo is NOT one of them... i can only imagine death tearing those two apart.. Theyre soulmates IMO. They Will be together until they are grey and old :D  Usually, i Dont care about couples.. But MS/GD is one of the expections. Go and be together until death tear u two apart <3 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a really really good cry.......... what a beautiful show, really.... Thank God that download only took a little over an hour and I could watch the subbed finale without any lag.

Very good sequencing at the last part before the reveal of whether GD made it or not. At first I felt quite shocked with the change of scene, but when everything was played in the flashback after GD collapsed, it made me appreciate the shift of tone. It allowed me to calm down a bit before having to accept what might come. Really, before it was revealed GD made it, seeing how everyone has moved on nicely with their life, including MS, I actually did think if they're okay, then I'd be okay too if he ended up didn't make it... so when MS narrates about miracle coming at the most unexpected time, at the time when hope had been given up, I was smiling already although eyes were still wet with tears. Such a great solution the writer gave us, after losing every hope possible... We worried so much about the end. We lost hope when we saw JY was not a suitable honor, when we heard no one matches as donor, we were hopeful when SM could be donor but then despair again when there would be complication. We so easily forget to pray for miracles. The ending is such a beautiful reminder for us as well to not forget that miracles happen.

I'm going to do a little rewatch of ep.15 which to me still feel like a filler and anti-climatic, and then share more thoughts on the finale week. But let me once again say this--- what a beautiful, wonderful drama......

YAYYYYYYY! Happy ending! Ha ha, I knew it :)

I have been MIA because I had a campus visit yesterday and today. I am a Uni professor looking for a job and interested Universities fly you over and you are interviewed for two days. Of course, it had to be the two days of the finale episodes. So I avoided the forum yesterday and today. Today, just after finishing my job talk (presentation on my research), I had a break for a few minutes and first thing I did was to check this thread quickly! So relieved. Now done with interview and happy about our happy ending.

Lots to catch up here so I will be back soon to comment...

ETA 1:

2 hours ago, qynn said:

I didn't mind it. There was build up to it from the beginning, and while GD finally was happy and was excited about tomorrow because of MS that wasn't terribly healthy. I think he needed to face death again to truly want to live not just for MS or JY but for himself too. 

Ah really like and looking forward to seeing that. Yes, he needed to survive, live for himself. That is a very good point!

ETA 2 : Under spoiler space because this is about Innoncent Man

Spoiler

I somehow really liked the ending of Innocent Man but I thought and I still think that he died and the end was just a dream sequence of what it could have been if they had met in different times. Yeah I was one of those who went all out with the ending. I kinda loved that, his death and the possibilities laid out, that potential happiness that they never had.

ETA 3 : @stroppyse Thanks so much for the translations and for recounting the ending.

Your comment about the hotel and bed scene made me laugh out loud. I also wondered about the logictics. My take on it is that they put some clothes on afterin order to cuddle and not be cold?... ha ha ha!

The newest making of JBL: 

I don't need passionate kiss or hot bed scenes for this drama. This is a tragedy and healing process drama so it is better if the production staff don't show those lust kiss scenes or a bed scene. It is a romantic part of drama and the result is ... showing the sweet and caring characters of GD & MS, how they depend on each other. It's enough for me because this is a lovely drama.

3 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Okay - I forgot something ---

I hate loose endings - and those stuff can ruin a drama for me - but even so  - not JbL

but just to mention it

If the last Ep with subs will not explain it we never found out why JY found MS familiar

and

andi am a bit sad for that...

we never found out what Yeon Soo said in MS Dream. I really wanted to know that.

I'm confused about that, at first I thought maybe she saw her pic in the phone from SJ oppa but idk. About Yeon Soon it always looked like she was telling MS to be happy and/or live happy. Maybe that's what I wanted to see, but that's how it looked to me

Thank you everyone for all your posts. I thought of you all like my real friends – we’ve all shared the same feelings. We felt happy, sad, excited and anxious but we loved it anyway. This has been a wonderful journey. All of your posts has given me strength and happiness for the past two months. The feeling is entirely exhilarating. I haven’t had the chance to thanked all of you when you guys shared your opinions and feelings. But since Just Between Lovers has come to an end and we might find another dramas where we can indulge ourselves – I just want to say that again, I am very very thankful for all of you. Our feelings right here – the sadness and joy—will eventually vanish as time goes by but I will always remember it as something worthwhile.

@stroppyse – Thank you for all your translations. It must have been tiring and exhausting but you’ve manage to help us feel calm and peaceful every time you translate the clips that we’re really curious of. Thank you so much.

@Mau_Cherry – . All your posts about the characters are very meaningful as well. It gave us hope and assurance that everything will be okay. Thank you for all the recaps. I felt like I already watched the episode when you tell us the events that happened.

To everyone who shared their analysis – which I have not done even once since I am not good with those things. THANK YOU ALL.

To Kang Doo and Moon Soo, I hope these two characters will remain in our hearts since they have given people courage to overcome the trials and obstacles that is imprisoned in a human being. The acting that was played by both Junho and Won Jin Ah is phenomenal. They did their best and no one can ever play their characters the same way they did.

I haven’t watched episodes 15 and 16 since I’m not yet ready so it doesn’t feel like it’s the end for me in the drama yet. But I felt it when I am lurking on Twitter and this forum.  I don’t usually finish a Korean Drama since I lose interest in the middle but this drama has got me hooked for 16 episodes and that is new for me.

This is regarding Won Jin Ah and Junho’s personal lives but….

Spoiler

I really ship them in real life… I don’t usually ship costars in a drama but they are just so cute together. And I think if ever they will be real someday or probably right now – who knows,  they will look like a wonderful beautiful couple. I know that shipping celebrities can be toxic since they also have their own personal agendas and of course, there is a possibility that they’re both taken. Nonetheless, all of these thoughts are just for fun. Junho’s simple gestures like liking Jin Ah’s IG post despite not following anyone. And oh, Junho’s sister liked one of Jin Ah’s IG post as well. The interview where Junho chose the first two kissing scenes as the best scenes for him. As for Jin Ah, I cant read her. I just think that shes a really friendly person. Since shes a rookie actress I don’t think she will do anything to ruin her career like dating – she just got the spotlight that she deserves and I believe she will shine more in the future. All of these are shallow thoughts but I’m happy for them portraying the phenomenal characters Kang Doo and Moon Soo.

Thank you again everyone.

8 minutes ago, Joycelyn Ghansah said:
3 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Okay - I forgot something ---

I hate loose endings - and those stuff can ruin a drama for me - but even so  - not JbL

but just to mention it

If the last Ep with subs will not explain it we never found out why JY found MS familiar

and

andi am a bit sad for that...

we never found out what Yeon Soo said in MS Dream. I really wanted to know that.

I'm confused about that, at first I thought maybe she saw her pic in the phone from SJ oppa but idk. About Yeon Soon it always looked like she was telling MS to be happy and/or live happy. Maybe that's what I wanted to see, but that's how it looked to me

There is a chinese word "留白" , but I'm not sure if it should be translated into "leave blank"?

"留白" is a literary skill, and means not to explain the plots of a drama or a literature, even inclouding

some circumstances and consequences. 

I believe there still are many confusions over this drama, and we can try to explain it ! We all enjoy fantastic time! :)

I have not good sleep probably in past 4 weeks. But last night, after watch final episode raw with thread translation ( @stroppyse Thank you ❤️). I have a deep good sleep, no dream, no worries and I wake up before time and feel fresh. It’s happy ending. :wub:

Final episode is BEAUTIFUL. I love every minutes of its. Every lines, Every closure, cinematograpgy, OTP, Everythings! I LOVE final kiss. ( How can they make finale wrap up so beautiful in 1 hours and 15 minute, and its is like roller coaster! First SM suit donor and then later not! )

This is my * number 1 * favorite drama of all drama I have watch so far.

So I will re-watch and back read and stay here in this thread. ( I will not start on new drama yet, I want to feel of JBL for a long while, please allow me to post here from time to time :lol: )

I am THANKFUL and GREATFUL for JBL and  being here in this thread.

Thank you so much ❤️

Our happy couple last night during wrapped up party:wub::wub:

Screenshot_2018_01_31_14_53_30_1.png

Screenshot_2018_01_31_14_53_47_1.png

Screenshot_2018_01_31_14_53_51_1.png

And another photo I found from SM characters ig.love their closeness:blush:

2018_01_31_14_53_18.png

credits to kim.kanghyun and ar_ar.c ig.

This drama will stay forever in my heart as one of the best korean dramas I've ever watched during my 15 years knowing kdrama.This drama has great actors, great scripts, great scenery and feel close to real life.

Looking forward for Lee Jun Ho and Won Jin Ah new projects!:heart:

http://cafe.daum.net/rainorshineDVD/TiOG/5

"[For overseas] Rain or Shine(Just Between Lovers) B/D Daum cafe Sign-up Guide"

* For the Rain or Shine(Just Between Lovers) B/D production to be carried out, 

the number of cafe members is very important. Please make sure you join as a member :) 

Simple instructions to sign-up in English & support this drama! Let's make this DVD happen. 

(The preliminary DVD demand survey was posted earlier, but this is a new update.)

Bravo! A beautifully written script, so awesomely acted, an unforgettable drama. Can't help it but Lee Junho has been indelibly imprinted in my mind and heart and I walk away with emotional remnants and poignant memories of his impressive character portrayal. Totally slayed by this multi-talented young man!

GD being sick really fits the story. He had that traumatic experience and injuries, used to eat unhealthy food, got beaten often, didn't care about himself and his tomorrow for over 10 years. It would be unrealistic is he wasn't sick.

Yes, seems like they didn't have enough time to reveal some things. Or may it was planned to leave unsolved.

Also I'm curious what happened to his hallucinations..

8 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Honesty - I didn´t liked it first too - but its just the fact that GD ruined his body over years - so for me - that story fits well - and I like it now.

your right i'm satisfied with the ending too, i just don't like when a lot of thing happen in last episodes and then we get a happy ending in last five minute :D

1 hour ago, orangeprincess18 said:

WHAT A GOOD DRAMA *CLAAAAAP*

BUT WHERE IS THE OST THAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!! the english song! HUHU

Is this the one that played when they are kissing for the first time? In Episode 6? I'm searching for it like crazy and no one seems to know!!!! 

In this link: 

https://youtu.be/KWllXbOxxKA

It's also the background song for Just Between Lovers in the making, I think. Anybody know? 

I had trouble to lock in today - so I am a bit late after watching with subs.

There is not really a lot I have to say right now - I can only repeat myself with the praise for that Drama - Cinematography on highest level, the OST, wonderful Actors, so well written characters and sure the Storyline.

What I just found out today and I love it is WJs real reason to buy that car. Its Healing on all sides - she bought it so Jin Young can sell his car - because he got it from the uncle who used to hit him. Another evidence of wonderful characters here. The Writer made become SM the secret hero from the story. And I think he can become a great friend for Jae Young now too. He just have a way to handle those kind of people.

I must admit - I hated MS in the first minute of Ep. 16 to the fullest. The moment I saw her standing in the floor - watching GD who again was only desperate to see her and find her - but she hid herself again and went to the stairs. That was the moment - even I kinda know she is like that and she will come back - just need her time - I hated her. But the moment she promised GD that she will now not leave his side again until the end - I forgave her everything.

And I forgot about it when she tried to get in the motel with GD. :D

GD is just himself - there was still a lot he never really told MS - so just on a sidenote he mentioned that he paid of his debt. But I believe he will tell her later step by step - he has a lot time to tell her. And maybe one day he tells her too - that he was into her from the first moment she crossed his way - and even more seeing her behind the glass wall.

I understand and would not even ask why he havent searched for MS. On that time he already los his father, was infured, got a trauma, lost his mum, must live with guilt and pain - and got a huge debt. And - maybe - he never dared to asked about her fearing to hear that she was not able to go out.

For me that would be just GD too.

For Yoo Jin - it was easy for her to get the position from her brother as it looks. So maybe she could do that long time ago - but she gave her brother the chance and wanted him to do a good job. Thats why she warned him so often to pay attention. But in the end he messed up and YJ took over. A strong woman with a great heart - and good for her - a good friend now too. I am so happy that the writer did not create a love interest from her side for GD. Her just loving JW was the right way to do it. But now she must let go of him.

I had a funny thought - actually - Jae Young in a lot of years can be a lot similar to our wonderful Granny. They both are that type of person - but with a great heart and i believe JY from now on will change and learn a lot. She now looks like a Doc. who really cares about her patients.

I don´t want do let go and say Good Bye - but I need to - a lot of you will not be here in a while. So I hope to see you soon again. This Time was special for me too - I had this only one time before a forum with such a warm and familiar feeling. I will miss it.

Just between Lovers was just WONDERFUL!!!

Spoiler

Maybe we see us in a Korean Odyssey, or I guess I will watch Radio Romance and I wait for Are you human too...

MS is so cute with this scenes :lol::lol::wub:

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hotel scene.

MS: Wow. The towels here are really big. They’re bigger than me. (shows up behind a huge towel) It totally covers me up, doesn’t it? Behind this towel, do you think I have clothes on or off?

:lol:

Spoiler

JTBC instagram update

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, piekeboeboe said:

JTBC instagram update

Oh no... I feel so sad now... They're saying goodbye too.... It has really come to an end... :bawling:

I've really enjoyed my time here with all of you. Although I joined in late, I had a really good time reading all your posts. I back read all pages after watching ep.1-12 at one go :lol: talk about obsession...

Before too many people left the thread, I just want to say thank you... esp.to @stroppyse of course for the translation to tide us by and to @Mau_Cherry for the live recap. And everyone else. Really appreciate all your comments and posts.

One thing I'm curious about... you know how on the rooftop, there are sofa and even a fridge... they don't look like outdoor kind, would it be okay to leave them like that? Like what happen if it rains? I mean is it a norm in SK to leave furniture like that on the rooftop?

Archived