[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, are u still coping up just fine? I am so sad this past few days after watching the preview for episode 9. I never thought that I could be vastly affected by a drama. I hate dramas that are mostly angst. But I just love the chemistry between GD and MS........ I hope the writer will give us a proper ending for both the leads since I believe that no person is supposed to feel miserable their whole life. They deserve happiness too. I really need to learn how to separate my emotions with dramas tbh. I don't want to feel bad any longer

21 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I know that the writer also wrote Secret Love which was a tortured makjang-fest, yet the OTP came together in the end, though it was to Ji Sung's credit that his character was able to be salvaged after the brutal way he treated the female lead in the early parts of the drama.  And, while the PD directed Innocent Man which was also a makjang-fest and had a frustrating ending (for me anyway), he also directed Hello Monster/I Remember You which I really loved even with a slightly ambiguous ending. So, I have to hope for an ending which isn't too ambiguous here and which allows for some measure of happiness for the leads.

I only watched Secret Love - and agree, eventhough Ji Sung and Hwang Jung-eum were great.. I cannot finish it. It's too melodramatic, too makjang! I skip most scenes because it's just tooo much! *shudder :crazy:

I haven't watched Innocent Man, heard it's good but since it's melo - I avoid it, but I have watched Hello Monster and love it! I love JNR so I maybe bias and I think the ending is a happy one for both leads... so I'm good. 

JBL for sure cannot be compared with Secret Love or Innocent Man (I trusted your opinion on its makjang level). Yes, it's melodrama but it's not the typical melodrama. It has so much essence, so rich in their story-telling, even the characters are unique. Right now, I'm enjoying every second of the drama, but I secretly root for everyone to have a positive ending (even YT). They have all suffer so much and if in the end, they are still suffering.. that's it! I will pack my bag and leave for Narnia!

But for now... I'm ready, whatever the anguish and suffering they have to go through .. bring it on. B)

14 hours ago, babycrayon said:

@zvahl, I watched videos of the drama bts and JunHo's activities where he is fine and cool singing and etc, which helped me to feel better, I guess. I was sad with these episodes too.

Thank you. I hope there will be sweet moments for GD and MS soon...

I've read a comment in YouTube under the previous of episode 9 and 10 that was posted by JTBC and the OP stated that the accident occurred back in 2005 and according to the drama 10 years has passed so basically the current setting of the drama is 2015 and then there is a possibility for GD to leave MS for a year or two until 2018 and the project will be almost finished something like that.. I hope his/her prediction is wrong... I can't handle it if GD will leave MS that long.... 

42 minutes ago, zvahl said:

I've read a comment in YouTube under the previous of episode 9 and 10 that was posted by JTBC and the OP stated that the accident occurred back in 2005 and according to the drama 10 years has passed so basically the current setting of the drama is 2015 and then there is a possibility for GD to leave MS for a year or two until 2018 and the project will be almost finished something like that.. I hope his/her prediction is wrong... I can't handle it if GD will leave MS that long.... 

If that is the case I actually like it. Maybe 3yrs gap so he will equip himself cos as it is,he is still unskilled and will always feel inferior to court MS cos he has nothing except wound and directionless life but what of the loan sharks, the sister and their house?  What of granny?  But I actually want him to get a little financial stability and clean up a little. As it is her mum don't like him and I don't blame her. Most mum seeing him with bruises will be worried too. The intent to appear good before MS will push him to do well. 

Just thinking out loud based on what u wrote. 

Aah! This drama:(

@zvahl @darr The Sampoong Shopping Mall Collapse happened in 1995 http://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/30/world/south-korean-department-store-collapses-killing-at-least-113.html

There was none in 2005. 

What triggers me is the mention of the World Cup Final which was in 2006 which would mean we have the year 2016 in the drama. Unless ten years is used as a rough number and not the exact time. 

I think it's just based on the Sampoong incident, and not trying to be the identical thing. Because a LOT more people died in the real one. (The Wikipedia article cites over 500, a lot more than the NYT headline, with an additional 937 injured.) Actually, it was quite horrible...people were still getting pulled out like, 17 days later.

Never thought I could get so many feels over a drama about a construction project. But this one is simply beautiful.

1 hour ago, JaneP said:

@zvahl @darr The Sampoong Shopping Mall Collapse happened in 1995 http://www.nytimes.com/1995/06/30/world/south-korean-department-store-collapses-killing-at-least-113.html

There was none in 2005. 

What triggers me is the mention of the World Cup Final which was in 2006 which would mean we have the year 2016 in the drama. Unless ten years is used as a rough number and not the exact time. 

I've only heard 10 years from Grandma and Ma-Ri in regards to how long they've known GD. Like Ma-Ri picking GD up off the street and saying it's been the same for 10 years. So the accident would have been more than 10 years ago since GD needed quite some time to even get up on the crutches he was using when he borrowed money from Grandma. 

I hope we will not have a big time gap !

And - isn´t the Building importand - will they need 3 years to build it up than?

I really hope MS and GD don´t have to live so long alone with there problems again. He already is in Hell. I don´t want him to be alone somewhere again.

And Granny - can she live so long...

He would never even think about leaving her behind if he knows... But 2 or 3 years.... no - I hope not.

10 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

I believe it's  2017 now in the drama. See the date in ep 8 when KD is looking at the auction notice searching for architecture materials. The date written there is 2017 - 12 - 20.

YEAH - you rescued me. I was just on my way to check that.

43 minutes ago, qynn said:

I've only heard 10 years from Grandma and Ma-Ri in regards to how long they've known GD. Like Ma-Ri picking GD up off the street and saying it's been the same for 10 years. So the accident would have been more than 10 years ago since GD needed quite some time to even get up on the crutches he was using when he borrowed money from Grandma. 

In the description was he was in hospital in coma - woke up like a miracle happen and needed to be in reha for years after that - I kinda remember 3 years - but I need to check that. Its right - Ma Ri found him 10 years ago on the streets - but didn´t grandma said something about 15 years... How can I not know this... I will check..

43 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

@Mau_Cherry  I went to check dates mentioned in the drama after reading the posts here, and it was such a relief for me when I saw 2017/12.

I know how you felt - I wanted to do the same - just I saw your post before. The Plans for the old S Mall from JW Dad where from 2005 - and thats the Date we have for the collapse too.  The Present is end of 2017 - begin of 2018 - so its the real date - that makes it not ten years but 13 years - if I remember it right and he was for 3 years in the reha - he had to live on the streets by his own since 10 years - and thats when he met Ma Ri too - and of course the Granny as a Money lender. Would fit perfectly.

Guess you don´t like the idea of a time jump too. :wink:

I can handle a few Days - if he needs that to come back to her - but I prefer to just find a way to meet her when she comes running - thats the highest chance for a real kiss too - or not. :tongue:

Or at least a wonderful hup scene and happy faces. I really hope they will not just become a couple in the last two Episodes - like it often was in older KDrama times. I need to see them together. It´s rare how great this chemnestry is - they really let us feel how comfortable they are around each other. It feels so natural and real like this. And this mixture of teasing and flirt on one side - and become able to share what you can´t share with someone else - I love it - thats the way i like it the most.

Still too many Days to wait...

@Mau_Cherry  yes, I feel you too! And yes I hate any longer time gap than few days.

Btw, talking about low ratings, they blame 11pm time slot. But two episodes of every week are also aired during weekdays several times, at around 6 am, 2 pm, 10 am. I wonder if this doesn't influence the rating.

Well, when I watched  this drama when  premiere, they mentioned accident happened 12 years ago. 2005.  I mentioned that in my post (page 9). And I think year after the tragedy happened,  th MS and her mother had the coral public bath as their business. In ep 6 the convo the mother had with the aunt about the boiler that burst due to being used so much. The mother said " Even if it's a person or an object, if it's used for more than 10 years, it make sense that it malfunctions' the lines metaphoric in a way.. for the characters.

To add something to the above post, MS  talking to her mom if the boiler has been fixed,  the mother was told it has been used for 10 years  and parts were wore down. Then MS had the voice over.. again thinking how it should be about emotions.

"I hope emotions will be worn done after 10 years, so we could replace it with new ones, mom" - MS, ep 7

DSs2JFHVQAEnSFM.jpg

The scenes leading up to the amusement date is fav. It showed how much GD would like to take care of someone  rather than him  being taken care of. When he saw the incident at MS place - the mom crying breaking down,  in tears. He said appointment got cancelled ( but probably not). He then said they should just go and play. They went to the amusement park.  GD and MS  they're both afraid to ride the roller coaster so they end up in the carousel.

I like this. It's non dialogue scene but you can see vulnerable MS.  She was sad. Remembering how her mother broke down thinking of younger sister.  GD knows already  what she's going through.

DSm8k0sV4AAxsia.jpg

cr:oppayah

I'm thinking time jump is inevitable. The climax of this drama should be the commissioning of new mall with all the stalk holders healed. What happens ed as the construction continues is showing how the those affected are being healed through their daily interactions through working together. 

Big malls don't get finished in less than a year. It takes time and they are still doing underground work. Of course they are not supposed to show us the continuation but will show small finishing and heck,it started with a mall and it should end with a mall so that's why I'm thinking there will be time jump but from the facts u guys are providing it seems like there will be none.

Also I want GD to leave that environment cos it's seriously affecting him. All things being equal, he can get menial jobs elsewhere.

See me feeling for a drama character so much. I don't usually go deep into analysing drama character but this guy, oops, I just want the best for him. I also want him to become better equipped cos Korean drama mums don't care if u are a broke saint, they will help bury u alive as long as u look worthless to them. How will he prove himself to that woman? To me, he is getting  loser to the dad and he should be no problem but I'm worried about her mum.

There is just no way. Pls writer nim, just make it better for that guy. He is a lost soul. Whether time jump or not, let him get his bearing very soon

I'm even dreading the next episode. Can they shift it Pls? 

This is why sometimes I like fantasy drama cos they always make the impossible to become possible and u don't question it. 

35 minutes ago, jongski said:

The scenes leading up to the amusement date is fav. It showed how much GD would like to take care of someone  rather than him  being taken care of. When he saw the incident at MS place - the mom crying breaking down,  in tears. He said appointment got cancelled ( but probably not). He then said they should just go and play. They went to the amusement park.  GD and MS  they're both afraid to ride the roller coaster so they end up in the carousel.

I like this. It's non dialogue scene but you can see vulnerable MS.  She was sad. Remembering how her mother broke down thinking of younger sister.  GD knows already  what she's going through.

Their story is seiously tugging on my heart. So sad.  

I must admit that I'm very impressed with their acting skills. 

17 hours ago, JaneP said:

There was none in 2005. 

When they were eating ice cream ( for w/c MS younger sister had been the model, she said) GD said on that day ( referring to the tragedy) he was supposed to watch World Cup qualifying match with his father w/c was 2005. Incident happened 12 years ago, so the present scenes is 2017.

Archived