[Drama 2017-2018] Just Between Lovers 그냥 사랑하는 사이

Go Seung Ji

11 hours ago, carolinedl said:

I guess now we are also going into unknown territory since all the scenes we saw in that long trailer have now been shown, no?

@carolinedl (sorry for cut your post)

at long preivew, we still have ...
- Sauna scene
- Heartbreaking scene ( GD cries )
- GD MS comfort each other ( this )

Guys, I can not watch ep.8 live today T__T 
Anyone do live recap today episode? 

So I summery ep.8 from preview to just calm my heart.

- MS saw GD with JY (front of office) 
- JW at MS house
- JW MS dinner at resturant
- GD taking picture for MS
- MS with her dad
- MS wearing make up and GD notice that
- GD MS incident at construction field
and..... 
- BUS scenes (holding hands) :wub:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EP.7 I really want to know what did MS say to Mom about GD.

THANK YOU TO SUB TEAM VERY VERY MUCH.

MS, you are beautiful.

Spoiler

Mom - Who is he?
MS - Someone I work with.

Mom - Work? He looks like a hoodlum, what kind of work do you do with him?

MS- Why do you judge a person by his looks? He's really hard working.

Mom - Then work only. Don't hang out together.
MS - Mom.

Mom - I don't like him. His eyes look weird too. As if there is a story behind them.

MS - Then how about me?

Mom - What about you?

MS - I have a story too.  Then no one will want to hang out with me then.
I don't know about others but we shouldn't say such things.

Okay I have just drama-thon-ed (finally) last weekend and I am soo hooked! I am not familiar with the actress but I am no stranger to Junho. Well the main reason why its in my to watch list is because of Junho. 

I totally dig the romance, its really cute how they developed and progressed from encounters and understanding each other before they started trusting and being comfortable with each other. 

How the leads, CEO and the ex are connected to each other is very interesting (not rooting for the one sided love of the CEO towards Moon Soo. I hope he will end up happy too. Its one thing to let go of the person you love because of both your parents, its another to find out that it has become completely impossible for them to get back together. I was torn between cheering on the ex girlfriend for not letting him take advantage of her feelings and I was feeling sad for CEO because it does seem that he still has feelings for her and he needed her the most at that time. It's as if he was "abandoned" by the mother and "rejected" by the woman he loves. 

Episode 7 was well balance with the romance and cuteness, trust and building relationships and humour. I cannot wait for the next episode. 

I am enjoying this drama because of my Mr dimple too :)

joining @ivyolivia  @jongski  @plappi regarding the OST...i also really want to know about one specific song that played in the drama but it's not a part of official OST. and the song is english. i tried to use Naver song search app but they didnt give me any result .__. very weird. 

this scene!!!

anyone know what is the song title >< is really beautifull.. T-T 

Is it just me or does anybody else feels the lack of interest on YJ-JW's story. Perhaps it's the portrayal of these two characters, somewhat 2 dimensional, too stagnant with little growth. 

I said before that I like YJ's character. Yes, here in the drama, she's so stiff, always serious and confrontational, but she's a strong woman. I admire her ability to defend herself from JW's advance. 

a%20woman%20like%20that.png

And the scene where she confronted the project manager, I like that she didn't back down or easily intimidated by that bully. Together with GD, these two make a great strike team. 

JW, with his background, his social status, his decency and righteousness, is too gentle for YJ. 

Perhaps that's why MS is so attractive to him, because she represents someone he can protect, whereas YJ is too strong for him to bear. 

I love GD and MS together! OMG.. these two are too cute! Lots of love will definitely be posted about GD-MS, so I wont go into detail. MS is herself and her best when she's with GD, and vice versa. 
Oh, and GD... I love that he's not even aware he's the 'rare good man' that WJ mentioned. 
But poor GD, to have SJ in his subconscious or actually it is guilt for surviving in the form of SJ. I hope MS can quickly realize GD's pain and help him confront his guilt and his past; and he her. 

Finished with subs...

Most of the time I was right with my feeling but like always the lines makes it so much better and deeper. Still I love to watch it RAW - concentrate on the Eyes and Atmosphere.

Today: Hands up for Joo Won

-He is not ashamed now - since he has not been caught yet.

So true - when they find out and have evidence the big Guy will act pityful - but until than he will try to cover it all up and find excuses. Today we learned more about what is going on on the construction side and maybe happend in the past.

(That means there is already an empty space underground... that was my guess for what happend before - like that history repeats itself.)

We learned a lot about JW - who is just okay on the outside too. Grandma got it right at once. He can´t sleep - he lives in his house like he just moved in - nothing personal or confortable. Just went there to sleep. He never ate what his Mother gave him. No - JW is not okay too. He works so hard to not repeat what destroyed his family. About his Feelings for YJ I am still not sure. He loved her - but what is is today.

Like I once heard a line - and I used it for my first love and it is still right --- can it be like that.

I don´t love you anymore - but i will never stopp loving the time whe once loved each other.

Is it the memory he holds on when he needs comfort. There is - to be honest - nothing left for him just work. He don´t even have a friend.

Thats why it is even more meaningful that GD starts to trust him and back up for him.

I love the little talk in the office about time - but I will say something about that when it is about GD.

Honestly today I liked Yoo Jin a bit more. She was great sending the man away she loves because it was not the right way to go to her. Just finding comfort in her for one night is not what she hoped and dreamed about. In the past she took the side of his father - and he regret it. Her character is strong and not really bad - but she is on bounded to her family too. I still have my trouble with the acting but i will try to ignore it. I don´t really need a loveline from her side to GD.

So our Grandma has a Brain Tumor. And she don´t want a surgery in her age. I understand that but I understand even more why GD can´t know that. He would try anything to change her mind - he would sacrifice himself again to get the money needed (if grandma don´t have it). He would hang on this last string of hope to rescue Grandma with everything he has left.

I am with GD now - right. Sure - talking about every person will always leads me to this Guy.

Can you fall deeper in Love with a character as you already where - I loved him so much before.

He will never turn a blind eye on bad stuff. He is always ready to do the dirty job - but not in the way of doing bad stuff. He loves MS so much - and he knows so much more now. He is acting like everything is okay when his Body is hurt so she don´t have to worry. He can speak with her about the dream he once had. Oh what a wonderful talk - what a waste. It could have been hurtful but they where so comfortable with each other - it just was wonderful. MS - So I could have dated a Soccer Player - me - :w00t::wub:

Back to that talk about different value of time.

I like it a lot that GD sees how much effert JW puts in the building project. But I love it even more that MS told GD that its not up to the person if time is wasted - but just to how we use our time. MS really don´t like it when MS speaks about himself like that - trash - inferior - stupid. And GD will just fall more for her. She found a way to touch his soul without hurting him. But whats hurt are those memories.

MS was talking about the Istanbul Miracle - the soccer game GD told her about when they where young. She don´t know how she knows about - but she did not forget GD completly.

I had the guess before that GD, MS and - how was his name - where together for a little time in the ruins... but the memory scenes keeping to confuse me with that. But the Guy said

ljsgtx6i.png

Guys - more than one - so was he with GD and MS.... as I guessed.

And this Guy asked GD if he wants to date her too - in a older memory scene. I start to have a picture - but I don´t know if i like it. Did this Guy blamed MS for what happend... maybe. DId he told her its because he wanted to date someone like her - did GD tried to help her and thats how this Guy asked him if he wanted to date her. Sorry - my mind is on it  - but I will wait what the writer prepared for us. Just because we saw only GD when MS was rescued - did not mean the other Guy was near too. They can trick us easily. So maybe they where first togehter - and after that it was GD and the other Guy for a while and than only GD.

I will cry a river when they show us his real nightmare.

Quiet

What did I do so wrong

I can´t hear you - can´t hear you - shut up

please...

But the moment MS found him GD first asked her if she is really okay. He is on the edge but first he needs to comform if she is really okay. Even in his pain he first looked for her.

Lets use the last line from the preview as a good fortune spell...

w2mvqgrr.png

I can´t remember a Drama I loved the lyrics from the Songs so much - and they fits so perfect to the scenes.

Just an example:

4mouyv96.png

olge8cxg.png

63xn8ju9.png

This little Scene when GD was in front of his room - not willing to go in - but there is no other place for him. Sitting alone in the Dark... so meaningful.

Oh and I forgot - I love how he took care in the Bus for her too - let her sit and he himself nearly fall asleep still standing. He did not think about sitting next to her until she offers it.

1 minute ago, babycrayon said:

Did you guys understand why the suppliers's trucks were sent away from the construction site? It wasn't clear for me, but I'm curious...

Its rather political I think. The way I understand it is that the Director had some connection or business arrangement with their original supplier. The director's supplier is providing them low grade materials at the same price as good ones. JW switched supplier and  so since the project manager is on the director's side, he listened to the director's instructions. Otherwise the project manager is worried about being behind schedule because of the change of supplier. It was like a silent protest too when he ordered the men to not work on that day so to make things harder for JW since he is against the director. 

Okay at least that's how I interpret that incident. Please feel free to correct this. 

13 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

Did you guys understand why the suppliers's trucks were sent away from the construction site? It wasn't clear for me, but I'm curious...

The project manager bought cheaper items with the same price of the expensive ones, meaning..corruption. I don't think YT is aware of this though, he trusted everything to that slimy coward. 

JW found out about it after GD showed him the photo he took of the content of the truck - cheaper goods, not good enough for the construction. 

Another part that was alarming is that the underground is not strong enough to support the construction above it - like what the 2 workers said before and what JW found out during his visit. 

Edit:

I do wonder, what power does the Project Manager aka slimy coward has towards the supplier companies. So much that ALL OF THEM refuse to sell to JW - it doesnt make any sense. 

Also, regarding the workers not being able to work - it's that Project Manager undoing. He was being childish, proving a point and sulking like a kid. 

5 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

I might be the wrong person to answer that - because my english is limitid extremly when it comes to technical or specifical terms.

But the way I understood it - JW got the evidence from GD that the materials where changed.  The suppliers worked together with the Team Manager (YTs Brother in Law. JW made sure to change the supplierst because of that. Team Manager was not amused. GD was on the side and did not let the trucks in with the wrong material - he is fighting on JWs Side - or lets better say on the right sight and JW is on the same side.

But - Team Manager fought back. He stopped the materials. And he made sure noone will deliever JW. So he tried to make it really hard for JW so he must play along with him again. We know YT only allowed JW to change the Supplier if he still meet the construction deadline. Otherwise he will blame JW. Team Manager really plays dirty now.

15 minutes ago, sakura22 said:

Its rather political I think. The way I understand it is that the Director had some connection or business arrangement with their original supplier. The director's supplier is providing them low grade materials at the same price as good ones. JW switched supplier and  so since the project manager is on the director's side, he listened to the director's instructions. Otherwise the project manager is worried about being behind schedule because of the change of supplier. It was like a silent protest too when he ordered the men to not work on that day so to make things harder for JW since he is against the director. 

Okay at least that's how I interpret that incident. Please feel free to correct this. 

Hmm.. I'm not sure. YT is bad, but he's not that evil. He wouldn't purposely substituting good materials with cheaper ones when his reputation is on the line just to save money. His only fault so far, is to trust everything to that Project Manager, his brother-in-law. YT agreed for JW to take care of the supplies as long as it keeps the schedule - which is being boycott cowardly by THAT project manager (making no supplier companies want to deal with JW and refusing workers to work).

Like what YJ found in the previous episode: a lot of things that are supposedly done is not done properly. I don't remember all, but one of them is the construction permit; and YT got mad at his bro-in-law for making him look bad in front of YJ. 

2 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

But the moment MS found him GD first asked her if she is really okay. He is on the edge but first he needs to comform if she is really okay. Even in his pain he first looked for her.

I think it wasn't the case. He was so much not ok that he couldn't believe that she was ok till now after the accident of 12 years ago. So he was continuously asking how the hell she is ok, how she end up to be okay after all that happened. He asked for her help and comfort.

19 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

I think it wasn't the case. He was so much not ok that he couldn't believe that she was ok till now after the accident of 12 years ago. So he was continuously asking how the hell she is ok, how she end up to be okay after all that happened. He asked for her help and comfort.

But the first he said today was

how to translate - he is so relieved  - that she is okay,

He cares so much for her...

42 minutes ago, babycrayon said:

I've watched this without subs,, but id i remember it went more or less like that

"are you ok?"

"are you really ok?"

"how can you be ok?"

well we could understand as him being worried for her, but here the way he speaks doesn't indicate that. I will go with @babycrayon. I am not sure about help and comfort, though. i think he is also a little frustrated... and for sure he cares and is always worried about HS but to be honest i don't think he would have a had to be worried about her when he was hearing voices and freaking out.

(PS. We can remember his conversation with grandma how it's unfair that some people seems to be ok. and grandma told him that just because we don't see other people pain doesn't mean they are ok.   )

anyway Junho is so awesome in those scenes. he should go full time on acting ^^

I think he was asking her "Are you really ok or are you pretending to be ok!!" He was thinking that she can't be ok after all that has happened like losing her sibling and memory loss, he was curious to know about her real state and she did open up more about herself in ep 8.

13 minutes ago, gosq said:

I've watched this without subs,, but id i remember it went more or less like that

"are you ok?"

"are you really ok?"

"how can you be ok?"

well we could understand as him being worried for her, but here the way he speaks doesn't indicate that. I will go with @babycrayon. I am not sure about help and comfort, though. i think he is also a little frustrated... and for sure he cares and is always worried about HS but to be honest i don't think he would have a had to be worried about her when he was hearing voices and freaking out.

(PS. We can remember his conversation with grandma how it's unfair that some people seems to be ok. and grandma told him that just because we don't see other people pain doesn't mean they are ok.   )

anyway Junho is so awesome in those scenes. he should go full time on acting ^^

I would have agreed - but it is different now. Because he found out about her hurting her head before and loosing her memory.

Archived