[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

By the way, about the ex...

I really came to  trust the writer of this drama, she's been surprising us everytime and I'm sure she'll do it again.

We all expect the classic  trope old flame come in and ruin things for the OTP, let's see how this is gonna play out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jillia said:

I trust the writer as well. I wonder if Ji-ho is going to meet Se-hee's old love or if the written preview is tricking us. :) I mean it would be too much of a coincidence if they have their first date and Se-hee's first love is there as well, right? 

The still too show us they are going to meet there.

Lee-Chung-Ah-2.jpg

• Like 4

One more thing I wanted to add regarding Se-Hee being observant and emotionally intelligent:

He was the one who recognized that Ji-Ho, while she seems too polite and kind of a pushover, she ends up doing exactly what she wants. After all, she defied her crazy father and lied to him for months so that she can attend SNU and major in literature/writing. She chose a career that made no money and deliberately chose to not go the makjang route just to make money. She's actually a pretty strong person who sticks to her guns when it comes to what really matters to her. And he respects her for it. They really are iconoclasts. They do their thing, and do not care what others think.

You know who's not emotionally intelligent? Won-Seok. 7 years of dating, and he has no clue that she wants to get married? Seok can mean "rock" in Korean, so his head must be made of stone.

I love the Rang-Seok couple, but man, they have got a LOT of stuff to work out.

We all need a friend like Soo Ji in our lives.

(This Bomi girl, she is driving me nuts. She speaks to Won-Seok like he's an idiot, but when he's not looking, she's staring at him like she wants to devour him. What is her deal?)

• Like 9

Just now, meiil said:

@chubbyzmae the written preview also mentions something about a ring but the translation we have is super confusing.

yesss  i try to translate again by another software but more confusing...hahahhaa

I wish it's  their wedding ring, and JH wear that when she meet Go Jung Min B)

Just now, Jillia said:

I think in the written preview it says he will give her earrings as a present to correct the mistake that he didn't give her a engagement/wedding ring. :)

so instead a ring, his present is earrings, thank you @Jillia for your info :)

• Like 3

Ive just realized we never got to see the end of the conversation between See He and Mr Ma. 

Im sure the show will go back to that conversation and we will get to hear See He’s answer to his question and confirmation that he likes JH back.

• Like 5

Thinking about the three girl at the start of the drama, SJ and JH where alone and HR was in a relationship.

At that moment she was "winning" but now she is clearly "loosing". JH and SJ are each in a relationship where the people in it talk to each other about important things (they don't know all about each other yet because it's still the begining).

I feel it's all about the foundation. JH and SH just start a relationship now but both knowing a big part of what the other expect. SG and SJ made a contract about it. For WS and HR, he take seven years just to begin to talk about marriage and wedding, the goal of HR since the begining.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Granted Ho-rang is with Won-seok for years and doesn't really know about his dreams and wishes either. They both have some serious problems which need to be sorted out quickly. Either they break up or they work things out, so their relationship is based on truth and whether they're actually together because after 7 years it's just convenient or they still love eachother.

I think HR may not understand exactly what WS wants - he is supposedly a programming genius, and she can't do the math in her head to figure out $1,000 x 24 months = $24,000. So she's not smart in the same way that he is, and there are clearly times when he starts babbling about Rubik's cubes and she has no clue what he's talking about.

But she still gave him plenty of time and room to do exactly what he wanted, and encouraged him and supported him. I think he's the one who's been, and still being, either selfish or clueless.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, suci purnama said:

i think i already guess it when some said lee chung ah will play se hee's ex and another said she will play a PD who help ji ho,i know it will turn like this... but why i feel so sad to see the news after se hee finally open his heart.i think this gonna be like another kdrama.but when i look back how the writer wrote the story,it gives me hope she will write this beautifully...

no wonder..  i was right.. SH has a type..

he fell for a woman remarkably similar to his first love..

writer

mature

b'ful

silent confidence/strength

classya nd elegant

calm, soft spoken

overall persona

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, gusanito said:

Ive just realized we never got to see the end of the conversation between See He and Mr Ma. 

Im sure the show will go back to that conversation and we will get to hear See He’s answer to his question and confirmation that he likes JH back.

Yes yes.. i want them too...

maybe he said yes.. or the preview line.. that he is scared of hurting her .. which ma told SJ

• Like 3

Ho Rang must have been shocked when she check the bank book, but I suppose she should have seen it coming, since Won Seok had been struggling with his own app establishment for 3 years already, without securing any investor, and only now that he work for a company with a steady income.

They sure look lovey dovey together, but marriage is not only about popo day and night, but also about building future together, and in the end also about finance (though we hate to say it out loud) to sustain 2 lives (or more, if they have kids), and hence, Ho Rang's dream to quit and be a home maker is unrealistic and utterly selfish, looking at the situation.

They surely have LOTS to talk about.

Or fight about.

I know that to the extreme, it might lead then to break up.

But it is better than fighting it out AFTER they got married.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jillia said:

It's kinda said because without knowing Ho-rang is now wearing the red coat while Su-ji and Ji-ho talk about relationship problems etc.

And since only SJ know about SH and JH true relationship, that push her apart even more. JH can confide in SJ only if HR is not there.

• Like 2