[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

45 minutes ago, angelflower said:

Thanks for the Korean written preview! Let me see if I can make it clearer...

Written Preview for Ep 12 Translation

After a deep first kiss, JH and SH return home on the overnight bus. Each reluctantly heads to their own room. JH finally faces her physical desires for the first time in 30 years!

Serious cracks are showing in HR and WS’s relationship. Finally, WS lays down his thoughts candidly, which makes HR’s feel as if the sky fell down. Will the two of them be able to get married?

JH and SH have their first date. The fact that they saved on wedding rings bothers SH and he presents JH with earrings instead. JH heads to the washroom to put it on excitedly and receives help from a young lady.

“But what is this? Why does her breath and touch feel uneasy... Am I just frustrated or have I gone mad?”

Feel free to clarify if there’s any mistakes!

reading a preview and this drama again surprise me about content for tonight

- physical desires for the first time in 30 years!  
- earing ??!
- the lady

so exciting for tonight episode

• Like 3

Despite the subtitle, I'm still super curious to hear @stroppyse or @angelflower's comment on the message on this post-it. Is this the correct translation?

eF4COS.png

I keep imagining what kind of a person who'd leave that message. What made her write that. 

SH and her were in love but for some reason, they couldn't be together, yet the fact that SH was willing to defy his dad and move out from the house means SH was willing to sacrifice a lot of for her. 

But this message showed someone who's been hurt and was angry and spiteful as a result. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? :blink:

And the fact that SH kept this post-it showed that he agreed with it. He should not love someone EVER. Yikes!

But why.. why... why??? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Jillia said:

Then you haven't watched Cruel City. ROFL :D

No I didnt’. 

I heard it was very bold and sexy.

Maybe after BTMFL ends.

I really have to rewatch every episodes but are we sure SH’s father throw him out because he wanted to marry his ex. 

His notion of precious house can also have something to do with her ex. 

• Like 2

@angelflower sorry, because I am OCD about stuff and I remembered reading your kind translations at like ? 3am this morning when I woke up for the episode.

" The porridge bowls, you have your daughter wash them. But you have the daughter- in- law wash the dishes you use for mixing "

It was too fast for me to even hear the words. But because I am late watching the subbed episode tonight so went to viki, and know that in the team- one of them is a professional editor plus recognize 2 of the translation editors. They are very good. Very detailed explanations whenever I asked silly questions. Which I did for another drama I worked with them.

I am now trying to visualize the actress as an ahjumma. Nope. Can't see it.

Thank you for all the translations. This thread is privilged to have several translators on hand and straight after the episode. I must admit didn't bother waiting for the subbed episode, couldn't wait just watched the raw straight. This drama is so good that I've not been this excited just to watch 2 people just TALKING to each other.

But now they can KISS. Or TALK. But honestly those 2 just light up my screen anyway whatever they do. But the girl bonding moments are a huge competition to the OTP on why I like this drama so much.

@penelop3 you really need to stop by viki and watch the subbed episodes from there. Here is the translation from there.

I haven't watched what the other sub said for the book greeting but the translation on viki was " To. My Everything. My Love See Hee. 2005. 12.24  From. Your Everything

" Farewell. Return and live as if nothing has happened. Instead never love again, because you do not have the right to love again. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I simply love the kimjang making session with trot songs blaring in the background and our SH struggling and oblivious to the jokes the ahjumas made about him! 

They remarked about him being skinny and weak and will have difficulty making babies.

But another ahjuma cheekily rebutted that the skinny ones can "do it" better! :D

SH's deadpan expression was pure gold as he couldn't understand their dialect!:lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

50 minutes ago, lmyra said:

Why should women always wear bras ?

Why is it worse to see the nipples of a woman than the nipples of a man through a white skirt?

Comparing being braless for a woman with wearing transparent pants for men is not well balanced. If men can wear transparent pants, women should have the same rights.

Why is it so commonly accepted shirtless men in streets when a woman is insulted because she is braless although she wears a shirt ?

It is not a statement, it is a personal preference and yes that's freedom: she does not like wearing a bra, she wants to wear a white shirt...why not ? The problem is how it is seen by others: she can't be fully herself and wear what she wants because she is judged so she has to think about putting back a bras when interacting with others people.

One of the things I think that is being missed in this drama is the writer is showing several sides of the braless movement:

1) It's your freedom as a woman to go braless if you want

2) If you think men and women are not going to talk about you, or judge you, then think again because people will have a "perception" and that will be their reality even if it's not based on facts. 

3) People will form perceptions about you depending on the setting you choose to go braless  and with whom. 

I actually think that SJ is a mixed bag in this drama. She wants to be CEO or a boss, that's her dream, however, up to this point she's not carried herself as a "CEO". I'm not talking about going braless, I'm talking about letting others feel they can touch her anyway they want or say whatever they want to her. I love the fact that she finally said something to her male peers. Confronting issues head on is "CEO" material, not smiling sweetly and going along with whatever.

Breasts on a women is sexual. They are definitely shaped differently from a man and they can do something that a man's breasts can never do--they can produce nourishing food for a baby. That in itself is amazing. Even since biblical times, King David spoke about the beautiful breasts of a Shulamite Maiden. I'm glad as a woman that my breasts are viewed differently from a man--if not we would all be unisex; what's the fun in that?

Some women are braless for freedom, some like the feeling of sexuality. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, angelflower said:

Written Preview for Ep 12 Translation

After a deep first kiss, JH and SH return home on the overnight bus. Each reluctantly heads to their own room. JH finally faces her physical desires for the first time in 30 years!

wowowowowow...what deep physical desires can we expect tonight? :D:D

The whole of eps 11 was superb , I have not much to add except to say...this kiss LESSON is awesome. The teacher here is such a tease and hey our student , isn't she a fast learner for a first time kisser...look at that open mouth , I wish they zoomed in a bit so we can see if there was toungue action..ahahahahaah....i slo-mo a bit for your viewing pleasure, one for our memories of this very sweet drama.

ezgif-3-3a3be9be02.gif

@cherryblossomkawai For your viewing pleasure - TVN kisses never fail...from Live Up To Your Name...k drama kisses can be quite "french" ...ahahaha...put in spoiler since diff drama.

Spoiler

juH7Rpl.gif

Edited by Guest

47 minutes ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

:lol: I never saw French kissing in a korean drama....or i don’t remember. 

The best kisses imo were in YEH’s dramas like Goong/Princess Hours or Coffee Prince. 

My secret romance..

that one takes the crown

then there is W, where he "bites" her lips

.. don' tknow but apparently heirs has a true kiss

but ya.. my secret romance can't be beaten

WHERE TO WATCH THE SHOW????? LiVE.. PLZ PM ALL LINKS YOU KNOW OF

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Helloo another half an hour to the new ep :lol: much excited

so I was rewatching ytd's episodes with eng subs on one of those free websites, and I was just kinda dissatisfied with the way they translated one of my fav moments in the episode. So I thought I'll do it here:

Starts at 1:55

JH: Can another path begin at the place where our hearts meet?

However, what I'm most afraid of, is neither that you and I are on different paths... nor that our paths are unable to meet, it's that your heart..

SH: I had a good talk with CEO Ma. I'm going to sleep first.

JH: (cont.) there's no path in it. Or because, in the first place, there isn't a path to your heart. I'm afraid of that.

SH: I've received the address. I'll go do the Kim Jang well.

JH: Even so, now... it can't be helped. I've come to like this man, who knows the way to Kim Jang even if he doesn't know the way to a heart. Even with just that, for now.. it's enough.

--

I love love love JH's musings and thoughtful voiceovers. The fact that she says he's enough at this moment was very touching for me. And also, I love how SH knows that she will get a drink as soon as she gets home, which led him to leaving his notes at that particular location. Just something small I noticed. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Wow. What an episode! Well, I'm still have some issues with Bok Nam and his attitude - for example, why he took the marriage contract and reading it, it's not the case that Jo Ho gave it to him herself! But, aside from this little annoyance, the rest was just - wow! :) And I'm not only about THE KISS :wink:  The talk between JH and SH was breathtaking as well. You could literally feel the threads of empathy and understanding that was waved between those two people. Beautifully scripted, brilliantly done.

As for ex... I really don't want from show to paint her in all black. I prefer a case with somewhat of global misunderstanding. 

If we sums all bits of information till now we have such facts:

1. Twelve years ago there was some big fight between SH and his father, which lead to SH's moving out. Probably we could rule out arranged marriage and that the cause is SH's opposing to it as we had all those talks about feelings and broken heart. So it was probably father who was against this relationship. Why? From preview it's clear that ex was same age, so the problem was no age gap cause. Different upbringing, social difference? I don't like that as a reason as well. So, if we remember SH's words to JH that his father not easy believer when someone talk about love... Probably he doesn't believe in ex sincerity. 

Why? He must know her well from somewhere. From where? The father was civics teacher and principal. She was his student? And he knows something about her which seeds the doubts?

2. SH values his home the most. Well. after Kitty. :) He tell SG - you know why my home is so important. So... Father after big quarrel kicks SH out. SH appears in WS position - no home, in better case the same rooftop apartment. But he thinks that this still enough for relationship and maybe even marriage. He has his love, after all :) But probably his ex no HR and don't agree with such condition. I still don't want her to be bad and lie for SH about her feelings. Maybe she just more realistic and doesn't see how they could discuss marriage in such circumstances. But SH take this as a proof that his father was right, and she doesn't love him - solely as a human being, without all the incoming package. Maybe there was some harsh words between them which lead to complete break up with such cruel post-it, idk :)

Sorry for such big post :wink: 

• Like 5