[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

I swoon at the fact that SH offered the place to JH because he could tell she really needed it.

I'm pretty confident he did like her for some time, but he was extremely cautious and careful about it because he knew how painful love could be and he was afraid of hurting her. Oh sweet SH. I love it. I love the kiss too.

• Like 12

19 minutes ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

The episode with the subs is more awesome. 

So not only SH knew about JH liking him but he also knew about him liking her. 

He was really afraid of hurting her. 

I have to rewatch the episode. 

I know.. with subs.. it transcends a thousand steps..

this episode..specially SH's monologues on the romance side..are amazing..

Some of the amazing things:

1. How much of a deep insight Ma has into SH's thought process - he knows that SH knows JH likes him and he is scared..because clearly SH thinks that he hurt his ex real bad  - Ma also observes that SH is interested in JH more than he says (250 is not the amount that will help you with your loan interest..and yet)

2. ending scene.. when JH is talking about how even though he has experienced it (love)... with a new person the experience is also new... and then SH's gaze suddenly moves down , presumably suddenly looking at her lips (the moment when he decided he is going to kiss her).. and immediate flashback to JH's lips and the busstop kiss - I JUST LOVE how b'ful the direction is in these brief 3-5 seconds

3. oh that smile when he saw JH .. and then the sincerity with which he asked JH if she worried for him.. and the smile when she agrees..

4. its unbelievable how mature this couple is...not once does either deflect or lie or not answer or create misunderstandings... and i absolutely love JH's character- acknowledging that she is in unreciprocated one sided love... adn YET so totally accepting of it... she is not needy, not despearate, doesn't lose herself in her crush, and yet she is so in love

5. The fact that we got some hint that that celeb also realized JH liked him (ep 1).. means JH has always been transparent..so i like the realization that SH has always known (how flat falls her telling SH she will have b'fast with BN :tongue: )

6. BN!!!!....  SJ is your style ... uh!.. that scene was so cute and real... its not that we love everyone..but it hurts when you thoguht someone who liked you, actually didn't :tongue:

7. I didn't get that part though.. when SH tells JH that now he understands why she felt bad when he asked her to deflect going to parents house as when he couldnt deflect makgeolli :) ... awww cutie... alchohol is always the solution is it?

8. I am so happy for JH's mother.. because she saw by herself how caring a man SH is . and so not like the men she has known... someone who will sacrific for his wife.. its b'ful.. that is the one thing she wanted for her daughter that she be loved and respected in the relationship

9. SJ is sooooo cool in the way she handled that fake marriage news...i can't even imagine not lecturing someone in that situation..or scolding them.. like if it were horang.. she would have gone off to fight with SH

10. ON horang: why is she surprised that WS never contributed enough..she knew he ain't making enough... and i am glad this happened.. because what she wants is not practical at thsi point in time... but sad, if money is going to be the reason

11. Icing on the cake.. SH has accepted that in dept. fo romance he will have to lead JH.. 

teach her what a real kiss means

take a lead at giving your lady a wonderful date

i don't care .. just sleep already.. or in sheldon's words.. plz have coitus

• Like 18
  • LOL 4

I love this episode so much....emotions and fun everything well written. 

I like the poem also full of emotions. 

I really love to know that he knew that she Fall for him ....and now I'm afraid because Snake is coming in next episode. 

Now JH understand him very well why his behaviour out of understanding or different. 

I love the way he kiss her.❤

But I don't understand Ho rang.

And poor CEO his feelings are too strong to handle her.

I like the fact he is the one besides SH. He knows everything about SH.Atleast there's someone understand him well.

When JH mother came to know about JH hardwork in in -laws then her behaviour totally changed towards SH and teach him a lesson of hardwork  but with love. How much happy he was when mother in law taking his side in front of others.:joy:And the way he smiled looking at JH❤❤❤

This episode was completely different side of SH character. New hair cut -new SH ❤ love it.

• Like 7

also cna i add.. how hilarious the situation is..

you have just given a long pensive deep wonderful thoughtful advice to someone.. and he tells you that you didn't kiss him right :) ..

it just reminded me of the same moment - when she was all happy and he started talking about maslow's and is like..you are annoying :tongue:

I am spamming but whatever..

the kiss and the hands movement..

JH's hands on the collar... tightly clenched, nervous, don't know what to do..

SH's hands.. determined, pulling her in..

Oh man!.. what other dramas has this director directed and writer has written

preview:

in the bus back home, JH and SH are seating in separate seats... different sides of the bus and SH is 2 aisles behind :tongue:

• Like 5

H This episode is officially my favorite one.. Despite of the kiss.. I loved how SH was trying to understand JH.. The way he talked to his kitty that she might be mad at me.. She is upset with me.. The way he tries to pacify her.. bZZmM5Q.gifEventhough SH is robotic but is good at knowing the feelings of others like he understood SG n SJ relationship.ZS6Rx5G.gif. JH feelings for him.. I liked the fact he respects her n wants to pay her back for her difficults..ZS6Rx5G.gif

I just loved the scene where Mr.ma announces abt SH's leave n SH declares his reason lolJNRfypQ.gif.. The reaction of his colleagues.. The way he sent daggers with his eyes to WS when said bad abt his idea was daebak!!.. 

WS n HR I think it's time for them to take break from each other n understand each other n their needs.. I can't understand HR, what does she want or what is she really.. She isn't having any own identity.. Her mom  coming has put WS all the way in more ditch.. Their relationship is soo restrained where there is only pain.. They forgot how they began or for what they began.. It's necessary for them to break to know why they love each other n y they want to be with each other.. 

SG n SJ the sexy couple.rVaRTDx.gif. Gosh!! I m loving this couple.. SJ is just soo cool..i sure her.. The way she threw richard simmons in her coworkers no so-called jerks.. I just loved it!!.. The way SG gets possessive over her but at the same time cares for her comfort is soo adorable..rVaRTDx.gif That's y SJ is smitten with him.. They only know the truth of SH n JH.. I loved the scene a lot.. When SH was boastful of finding contract dating of SG n SJ that his analysis that they don't look together proved was soo funny..bZZmM5Q.gif He didn't know he is exposed lol.. 

The kimchi making scene was soo fun!! SH trying his best.. All ahjummas r going crazy after.. His mother in law was totally in awe of him n he liked it.. So was his father in law.. JH looking at her hubby getting beaten couldn't stay still n ran to him..S3kWQjm.gif The way they shone with happiness when they looked at each other.. SH is best hubby n son in law materialS3kWQjm.gif

The last scene kiss scene.. Finally his heart came to me.. Was just soo superb.. It awakened all their sleepy feelings.. Looking forward to next episodeETfy2na.gif

The kiss was definitely a surprise to JH like this.. TVMOH44.gif

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

omomomomomyygaaahhd.

I finished the subbed episode. How can I calm right now!? 

As soon as SH arrived in Nahmae I had the best time.

Screaming, laughing, punching a pillow. I even turn off the phone cause someone was distracting me ahah

The conversation before the kiss was special. 

Namja SH in attack mode. SOOOO nice even if (sorry guys) but I didn't like that he actually asked for the second time 

SH = Mister Grey .. I CAN'T EVEN

Ceo Ma in my heart. The best

And oddly I found the transition of SH from robot to flirty boy very smooth. Excellent writing, directing and acting there

I don't even care for the ex, right now I only want to watch this episode forever 

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

First I want to thank @stroppyse and @angelflowerfor being so kind to translate the many scenes . I feel so satisfied being able to enjoy the show. It's instant gratification, a good feeling.

Thanks @USAFarmgirl for your poetical feel in your write up and @stroppyse for the insights. Thanks to others too for being so engaging, too many to tag so I'll put likes .

200.gif#51-grid2

When Ms Innocent tasted Mr Computer 's kiss it removes the boundary of tenant-landlord  ( the rent still holds ) and sets up assumptions. They are now like newly weds and it's going to be like oh oh .... kiss-and-let's-do-it-baby-making time. JH, being a virgin ( presuming ) has reservations about sex. PD has the bathroom setting to make the max out of misunderstanding and awkwardness. It's not like on a bed where hugging and cuddling would ease the panic. She has to step out after washing up and straight into sex.... LOL. It's funny and PD has us in tickled pink.

Well we should see more of their adjustments and transitions to true husband and wife.

SH surprisingly handles the kissing well.... just do it.

DOh6ToyU8AAUegL.jpg

How is the return of the ex going to affect JH ? The Ex back story will serve as a clue to SH's singlehood. I hope she won't stay long. Once the reasons are given and unresolved feelings are exposed and cleared, our couple can enjoy marital bliss. 

DOhw9MsUQAA8mJm.jpg

• Like 9

Like everybody else, I screamed (at least in my head) when he kissed her, and omg those smile (the one before he stand up, and the one before he kissed her the second time)! So cunning, Se Hee ssi, so cunning.

I bet if nobody else is on the kimchi-making ground, he would have jumped and kissed Ji Ho right then and there, when she had just arrived home from Seoul.

He was that happy, and perhaps now unafraid, knowing that Ji Ho worries about him (too) to return early to Namhae to see how he's doing.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Someone please make a gif of SH’s face when he realised their contracts got switched and they’ve been busted   :lol:

That was just pure gold, I can’t even... :lol:

I have to say I’ve always liked Jung So Min (I remember her from her Playful Kiss days) but she’s totally rocking as Ji Ho. I think this is her best performance so far. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

Oh man I'm just done with the subbed ep...I loved it so much.

The whole beach scene was so beautiful, their heart-to-heart conversation, SH finally opening his heart to her and he's been waiting to do it for so long.

*sighs* I'm just so in love with this drama :wub:

• Like 6

This is my favorite episode for many reasons :

1. We learn a lot about SH. Behind his logic, all his actions is justified by empathy. He lets JH be his roommate because he relates to her. He didn’t have a home after his father threw him out and JH was thrown out by the situation. 

He didn’t answer to her feelings and justified all her affections by the Maslow pyramids. In reality, he is scared for her and himself. He is actually far from being a robot. 

2. JH is awesome. She shares with SH high empathy. Maybe because both of them reads a lot, so they understand human beings well ( theory of minds). Beyond jealousy, she felt sad for him. Her love is a good kind of love. Cute JH who thought she could pull a joker face and her pettiness needs to be applauding. 

3. Ahhh SJ. I have a crush on her and JH. She was awesome in a way I wish to be in a confrontation. She also lets her guard down for SG. She is the ultimate friend : she doesn’t judge JH, supports her and worries about her. 

As for WS and HR, I understand neither of them. Maybe tomorrow, it will be clear. 

HR wasn’t happy about her future wedding. Seing her mother, she must have been put under so much pressure to marry well. She must have been raised that way : you don’t need to be smart or independent. You need to be pretty to marry well and have children. That your worth and how you measure success. I feel sad for her. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

When Se Hee said "there's something I've wanted to correct for a long time" regarding the bus kiss, it means that he's been in love with Ji Ho for a long time :-). Also at the beginning of the beach conversation when he admitted that the feeling of why he wasn't able to say no to her father's makgeolli even though he's not bad at saying no must have  been how she felt at his house, was an admission that he too, was doing it for a person he likes. It was Se Hee's confession this time, wrapped with a kiss, an action, the way Se Hee does it.

• Like 21

SIGH !!! A BROKEN HEART FINDING LOVE AGAIN IS AWE-INSPIRING.

The kisses are like balm and sweet honey.

The dammed up feelings are free again to love and to cherish.

If two hearts that beat strong and steadfast can surely withstand the storm ..

I hope it can withstand the  locust that comes to take away the love . ( I'm afraid of the ex coming back and snatching back hers , thinking he can only love her . He went through much as MSG said )

I hope the writer continues with good character development and not play the angst to increase ratings.

DOivU42U8AAS6YL.jpg

DOivU45VAAAxp7h.jpg

Spoiler

DOivU45UQAAOgoQ.jpg

DOivU46V4AAhVWD.jpg

credit : owner

• Like 12

I loved this episode so much, and have probably looped through the episode as well as the kiss scene more times than a sane person would do. (Ended up taking over 100+ screenshots leading up to the kiss, i don’t even know what I screenshot -_-)

I want to point out a couple things about SH’s emotions. Even though SH is seen as a robot by practically everyone including us till this point who doesn’t express his emotions but instead he is the type to let his actions and his impulsiveness talk in exchange. This episode showed a new side to him, he is a man that calculates any situation ensuring that the second party as well as himself is satisfied. Something clearly happened in the past to make him become this, how do I put it closed off? I don’t think that applies well do this, what I mean is he is more worried about the end of something than the start. Its clear that he evidently has deep feelings for JH and is aware that she does too and himself, he just doesn’t have the courage to take a step forward to do much about it till now. BN was one key element that jolted up his emotions he tried to hide, for that I am thankful for. (Thank you for playing cupid but you were still creepy!) What I am trying to say is that this man, is someone who is scared of hurting anyone, even if he is hurting them to chase them out, he means well in a way? Does that even make sense, I don’t even know what I am saying at this point. Anyhow I guess that’s why he told JH that he worries about how society will view her after this marriage due to her being a woman who get judged more harshly in society than men - its sad but true. 

In this episode, leading up to the kiss. The conversation between them showed that he doesn’t want to hurt JH, he prefers that she hadn’t experienced things an ordinary 30 year old may have, probably because he has and he wouldn’t anyone especially JH to go through such things and is greatful that she hasn’t. I am rambling anything but sense, I really think this is sweet of SH. That he is whilling to sacrifise even his own needs and feelinge to protect someone he loves from pain that may or may not happen in the future. I have a feeling whatever happened, he must of blammed it on himself 100% even if the fault might have been on both ends. 

This was all before our SH caculated a smooth route to show her that she barely kissed him that night!!!! In regards to the kiss, you can see how much they both yearn for one and other. How JH wrapped her hands around his neck clenching her fingers onto the back of his coat, before they moved to his jacket collar to pull him even closer than humanly possible. While SH’s hand resting on her neck-face before and after kissing her tenderly caressing her, maybe to ease her or to assure her that it’s okay to ask for more. Cos the second kiss had SH’s hand wrapping around her waist pulling her as close to him as humanly

possible. This scene truly shows how much they were yearning for one and other. I think its a beautiful scene, that awakened both their hearts to believing that it is possible to love despite any obsticles that they may face. 

Excuse me and my ramble of nonsense! HOPING FOR CUTE COUPLE MOMENTS AND MORE OF SH’S POV NEXT EPISODE!!!!!!!

[ looks like i have invested my whole mind and soul to this drama xDD ]

• Like 18

3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

That expression was so funny! However, my favorite SH expression this episode must be the one of unabashed joy at seeing JH approach as he was struggling with the kimchee making. :)

lmao! you mean this priceless happy face that perfectly captures how thankful Sehee was that wifey came and saved him from this endless kimchi/garlic misery :lol:

DOhcPCrUIAAfBAD.jpg

• Like 5
  • LOL 8