[Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라

Go Seung Ji

Hello everyone! I've been following this drama ever since it aired because I love Lee Min Ki so much! It's my first time dropping by here but I've been creeping on this thread every time a new ep comes out! I love love love all the inputs and analysis!

By the way, am I the only one who thinks we're just being played by seeing Ep 6 end with JH saying she doesn't have a boyfriend? Nobody expects her to say, "..because I'm already married, so I have a husband." right at the start of Ep 7? I don't know, I just got reminded of the end of Ep 2 when SH proposed to her and she said "Yes" right away but at the beginning of Ep 3, we see her getting shocked big time after saying yes. XD I just feel like there's going to be another comedic twist after she says that. Anyway, we'll know next week. I cannot wait. TT__TT

• Like 8

11 hours ago, cherryblossomkawai said:

I wonder how BN will speed up SH/JH relationship since I feel SH will keep his words about not standing in JH way. He won't have a possessive and aggressive behavior ( like for usual dramas).  He believe in what he says ( i don't have the authority to influence my wife social life) So how will it translate with him is a mystery. I don't have a clue. 

Or maybe he will just confess his jealousy and from there they will decide to be in a love relationship or at least go beyond a tenant/ landlord's dynamic. 

the funny way of intruding is, when you know your wife told the guy that she has no boyfriend.. you go and announce it on his face that he will not interfere with his "wife's" personal lives.. :)

if that is not interfering then what is

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Hello everyone, 

Just wanna say that this drama is awesome, period. Cool, straightforward, poignant, now if theres some craziness it wont hurt. 

Also I agree, how come Se Hee oozes so many swoonworthiness with that expressionless face and flat tone??? And minimal skinship without any romantic motive?? 

" Pretty. Very. Pretty." 

"Lets get back to our home." 

"Its our issue." 

"Is it hard to stop? Then lets go together. I'll be right beside you." --> Sounds romantic, said by a robot with math formula filling his head. 

Who can blame Ji Ho for falling first for him? No amount of cute second lead oppa will be able to catch up to him.lol. Esp cos he did those all with basically decent intention, and no slight feeling of evil or manipulating etc. He is simply being him. 

And ppl may disagree, but I like how Ji Ho almost always tell Se Hee directly what in her mind. She might be petty, but it is still tolerable. But dunno with next eps. Hee. 

Excitedly waiting for more shenanigans to come, when feelings start to fly everywhere. But I do hope that the tipping point for Se Hee wont be the jealousy. He already sees past all of Ji Ho's quirks and find her strength cool and compatible with him. I hope he realizes she is the one after all...while still being honest to each other without roundabout way. 

Se Hee and Ji Ho, hwaiting ! 

Also, Su Ji and Ho Rang, too. 

• Like 12

Haha i must be a sadist... but i want Ji Ho to hurt Se hee a little bit more. I want to see him out of his comfort zone and feel things he has not felt before. :lol:

I think i can relate to Ji Ho a lot. Especially how pettily she refused him food just because she is mad and her pride is hurt. I would behave the same way. I wish Se Hee becomes a little sensitive of her feelings. There is still a long way to go for that i guess, but little baby steps at a time would do.. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 5

hahaha... you know what I found amusing @kokodus is that her choice of weapon when it came to battling see hee was food. hahahah... if she was pouting or doing some emotional drama, he would have dismissed her as annoying. but take away his breakfast, which he ate only once, he keenly feels the punch of her anger. is that why they say, a way to man's heart is through his stomach? :lol:hahahah... so guess, the next step is cleaning? "no, I am not going to take out the grime in the tiles..." 

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

@Lmangla That would be sooo like married couples bickering... you know how when wives are upset they dont cook, clean and basically dont do anything. Thats exactly what is going to happen i guess.. And he might end up pulling his hair out on why she is being like this. But i think he is kinda perceptive, so he might catch up on her feelings sooner rather than later..

I like how unconventional the whole setup is but they end up doing the most conventional things anyway...hahahaha

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

"Some boyfriend".  Hmmm.

I thought SH's first love was already erased on the website? Or this photo is an old one? If this plot will be followed, then it looks like Lee Chung Ah actress would be Go Jung Min, maybe. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@rembrandtz_5e20, Thank you for the behind the scene clips. Now I have two thoughts/questions:

1) In the behind the scene clip, are the two of them holding hands? I wonder which episode that's being filmed.....:wub:

2) For all that talk by SH telling JH that he didn't feel comfortable with her coming to his job, is he purposely going to go to her job after seeing her with the other guy?  Is Bo Mi (only female office assistant to SH) telling him that his behavior was inappropriate at JH's job? :D.....I can't wait to see what happens. It appears the office group got coffee/tea twice in the preview. Have to wonder if both times was at JH's place of work.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20171026-121723.jpg

Looks carefully the last scene of episode 7´s preview, she is with her Friends. The jacket she is wearing is the same that she is wearing y in the pics in from the drugstore and when they are holding hands so I think we can watch those scene for next week in epi 7 or 8.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Its been sometimes I posted anything.

After "FIS", this is the other drama I've been following. My Mon and Tues are never boring again :lol::lol:

Yes, I wonder by which ep would JH confessed his feelings towards SH. Btw, anyone knows why JH locks his room's door when sleeping? Remembered SH was "shocked" (not once but twice :tongue:) hahaha... 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, shedp said:

"Some boyfriend".  Hmmm.

I thought SH's first love was already erased on the website? Or this photo is an old one? If this plot will be followed, then it looks like Lee Chung Ah actress would be Go Jung Min, maybe. 

SH's first love? I'm surprised that he even had first love. :o
If he's capable of feeling love or crush (to a girl - not a cat), then I wonder what made him change into such a stoic logical man? 

:blink::blink::blink:

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, penelop3 said:

SH's first love? I'm surprised that he even had first love. :o
If he's capable of feeling love or crush (to a girl - not a cat), then I wonder what made him change into such a stoic logical man? 

:blink::blink::blink:

Yes that is so true. And if it goes to this path, then it will come to light why SH became like that/had that personality. So we'll see his background history now. Based on the news, Lee Chung Ah would only do a cameo, so if she's his first love then we'd just only get a glimpse of his past. Fair enough because it would be weird if this first love will have some big role and long airtime exposure like BN guy. BN guy is enough to stir SH and JH's relationship.  :D Additional person for third party no more. -_-

• Like 8

Hi, I just compiled all of the comments @Lawyerh @yusefull @bedifferent @packmule3 about SH having autism. I also noted that even for a kdrama macho male with some broken heart or other tragedy in past (which I also like others on this thread sense) , his behavior is extreme. His dead pan is very severe, and other behavior like not naming his cat and cooly planning  for his retirement  and lack of joy or desire to play and socialize,  are too too much to be normal.  I think there may be slight autism. (not as a psychologist - just as an observer of kdrama men). 

[Current Drama 2017] Because This Is My First Life 이번 생은 처음이라 - Mondays and Tuesdays @ 21:30 KST

Lawyerh replied to Go Seung Ji's topic in k-dramas & movies

...Then i guess he has some slightautism / asperger / ocd. Those people need routine badly & throwing tantrums if the flow disturbed. He still have some feelings, can observed people.. so i think the degree of his disorder not that bad. Or as someone highlight before, could be dad issue or ex gf issu...
  1. I am the only one who think SH got a form ofautism ? I am watching the us version of The good doctor so I can give it to people who don't have it but I feel like SH got it. He got a hard time interacting with people, he can't lie or not well, he got, he got an order for every object, he got a...
  2. ...I’m going to go against the thought of SeHee possibly having Asperger or some high functioningautism. He doesn’t have problems with eye contact, he doesn’t shuffle or have any odd bodily gestures. He’s definitely OCD about certain things. I feel bad at how his parents credit his int...
  3. ...His actions and reactions are symptomatic of a person with a mild form ofautism or a high-functioningautism commonly known as Asperger. But I’m not here as a psychologist…. Typically in dramas, the thoughts and emotions of the characters are revealed through the dialogues and voiceove...

• Like 7

Idk if Lee Chung Ah will play the first love or even someone who will push JH to write again or both. 

I will be honest I will be disappointed if it's a "first love"/"breakup" trauma who make him so "robotic".

I am Ok with this only to explain why SH is reluctant to wed or investing in a love relationship.

Do you really change to the point where you don't get how you can hurt people with your words /forget about social clues ? 

• Like 5

Just relishing the thought of the new character to wreck havoc on NSH's algorithm. And to help short circuit his set routine is the cute Bok Nam. Guess what ? In real life he is a singer. Check it out.....the dimple will do you in. He's wearing PINK.....( ring a bell ? ding dong ? )

He's got the ladies swooning.

He's purty...... real purty.

Spoiler

THE CALL..... !! Do you have a note ? Do you have a pen ? DO YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND ?

Haha .... this show is run on abnormality.

It is timely and great that @maddymappo did a compilation of insights by some good writers. Thank you.

@maddymappo said " Hi, I just compiled all of the comments @Lawyerh @yusefull @bedifferent @packmule3 about SH having autism."

I am grateful for @packmule3  essay. I really enjoyed reading her long write up. She's so funny too. I picked off some good definitions in her description of NSH. Well written . It enhances my understanding , and, of course the merriment of how his mind runs like a computer program. Thank you.

@packmule3 said " BTW, calling his pet cat Kitty was one sign for me that SH was wired differently. He was literal-minded. His pet was a cat so why would he bother call it by any other name? Same with his numeric passcode 0101* -- lol

The close-up of SH’s face amplified his changing facial expressions as his brain processed the cues JH had pre-warned him about her father.  His face reminded me of a computer program: there was input of data (JiHoo’s three flags) and output of reaction (his behavior modification). lol.

@lavender2love, that's why you love those couch scenes. They're essentially dealing with a "therapy couch" or a psychiatrist couch where each person would lay bear his/her feelings to be analyzed and sorted out.  :)  "

_______________________________________________________________________-

So with scene unfolding in the video clip above and the " gecko " look in spoiler below.... I can imagine the " computer brain' and the " robotic " heart is processing all the information of his  wife-yet-not-not-wife's conversation with Bok Nam who is purty and dressed in romantic pink.

Spoiler

e-science-300x228.jpgstock-photo-a-mechanical-heart-has-a-lov

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

10 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I don’t think SeHee will be jealous, but with a logical person like him, Bok Nam will be considered as a threat to his 2 years plan of marriage.

Oh, I think he is jealous.  He might not recognize the feeling; however, he is jealous.  He is logical; however, he still wants his cake and eat it too, as the saying goes. He does not want to be burdened with a relationship; however, he wants the perks of a relationship i.e. breakfast in the morning.  I think SH will find out soon; that he has grown use to JH's presence and want her in his life; however, it will be harder now to make that transition since he has made an richard simmons of himself.  

JH, although, she is a little crazy, is intelligent, honest, and as SH said, pretty.  The two actually talk to each other, for the most part, understand each other, and like many of the same things.  They move to the same rhythm (algorithm).  JH is the perfect match for him, sadly, right now he cannot see it.  Once she starts acting single, SH's eyes will open quickly. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, kelmaoneko said:

By the way, am I the only one who thinks we're just being played by seeing Ep 6 end with JH saying she doesn't have a boyfriend? Nobody expects her to say, "..because I'm already married, so I have a husband." right at the start of Ep 7? I don't know, I just got reminded of the end of Ep 2 when SH proposed to her and she said "Yes" right away but at the beginning of Ep 3, we see her getting shocked big time after saying yes. XD I just feel like there's going to be another comedic twist after she says that. Anyway, we'll know next week. I cannot wait. TT__TT

You got a point regarding the ending of ep 6.  What if it’s the same scenerios as the proposal and she will tell BN that no boyfriend but she has a husband instead.  Just not sure if they will do similar scenarios again.  In  ep 7 preview, you can hear SH say “I don’t interfere with my wife personal affair”.  Well which ever way, I just eagerly waiting for the next ep.  

• Like 7

A MARRIAGE IS DIFFERENT THINGS TO DIFFERENT PEOPLE.

Reminds me of Men Are From Mars , Women are from Venus... Men are opposite poles of women even in a fake marriage where her expectations and conditioning of love, wife, our home, coupleship. home are not what it is in reality. She hurts.

What will be interesting will be how NSH manages the affairs of his heart. In spite of his one track mind one disinterested heart he is vulnerable to her tears and her pain.

He's decent guy ..... he just needed that kick in the a**.

I'm sure when the stirrings of his heart is awakened , he will be spectacularly emotional. His face does not flicker but I'm sure his heart moved to the bottom for a little while haha..... (I hope he has not put up a defense mechanism against a woman's charms. He was bitten long ago . I think I just want to will him to fall crazily in love with JH by the 15 th episode.

22794605_2224859727740392_68557177867573

• Like 7

5 hours ago, denny said:

The writing is spot on. JH's voice over at the end of episode 6 was priceless. Re: SH's emotional deficit, perhaps he's somewhat autistic.

I have read here some of you talk about autistic people or autism when describing SH personality. I think we have to be careful when we make any reference abut people that have special mental condition because it could seem that we are talking about then in a wrong or disrespectful way. It could be seem like we are talking about autism in a frivolous way.

I have a niece that is autistic. Autistic people are full of emotions, they are sensitive and more and we have no idea what a difficult life they have to endure.  My intention is no give you and explanation or lessons about, but and I want ask to everybody not to use that definition easily.

I am sorry  but i have to say it. 

balloons smiley

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1