[Drama 2017-2018] Two Cops 투깝스

Go Seung Ji

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Current Drama 2017] Two Cops 투깝스 - Mondays and Tuesdays @ 22:00 KST
  • Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.veritas-a.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=102115

According to this news article the TNMS survey registered a rating of 5.5% and 6% respectively for the premiere broadcast of episodes 1 and 2 respectively; with the ratings being slightly better than those for Doubtful Victory. 

It’s still early yet to assess the quality of the drama. To be honest, I had expected it to be better than what I saw last evening.

Nevertheless, I still have great faith in the drama eventually coming off on a reasonably good footing. First, the theme is an interesting and refreshing one. Second, we have a good cast and strong leads like JJS and KimSeonHo (I have seen him in Strongest Delivery Man and I was wowed by this new actor- frankly he’s not a newbie because he’s a rather seasoned stage actor, having debuted in theatre since 2009). Third, from what I saw last night, there’s potential to do even better as the drama’s shooting technique and editing effects are close to those for a movie production.

For me, the main weakness thus far is that the plot is not sufficiently compact and certain scenes defy logic (like why would a cop chain an accused person/suspect to him and even get him to drive while being chained to him?). 

That said, I am still hopeful that the drama will get better. After all, first episodes are usually a bit off for most dramas. The director will do well if he could cut down on exaggeration and put in a bit more depth with subtlety in developing the emotions of the characters. 

Anyhow, I am rooting for JJS, KimSeonHo and Hyeri come what may :)

hyei1.jpg

Spoiler

hyei2.jpg

Article'Two Cops' Hyeri comes under acting controversy in just the first episode... where did her 'Reply' skills go?

Source: Mydaily via NB

1. [+726, -37] She was always bad at acting but she landed a good character with 'Reply' that fit her well. All of her drama ever since have been controversial... Hyeri-ya, you need to learn some shame and stop taking lead roles, yeah??

2. [+649, -28] Hyeri's voice tone and speech pronunciation sound mumble-y and closed. I don't think it's possible to do well with restrictions like that.

3. [+580, -29] She needed to have stopped acting after 'Reply' ㅋㅋ

4. [+49, -5] Never seen an idol act worse than Suzy and Seolhyun...;;;;;

5. [+42, -1] This is why we're always saying we need to discover rookie actors who actually went through the process of studying the art. How can you expect quality dramas when you cast idols who earn some fame and immediately stick their names into dramas? Jo Jung Suk has a long year ahead of him, tsk tsk tsk.

6. [+42, -2] With 'Reply', most of Hyeri's co-stars were rookie level so she looked like she was doing well by comparison too. Now that she's paired with Jo Jung Suk, her true skills are being spotlighted.

7. [+39, -0] Ji Sung, Jo Jung Suk... both so well known for their acting and yet they have to suffer failing drama just because of these idols ㅠㅠ

8. [+38, -5] All of her acting looks like she's still acting out Duksun

9. [+38, -1] Another drama ruined because of Hyeri. Poor Jo Jung Suk ㅠㅠ

10. [+28, -0] Hyeri managed to avoid acting controversies with 'Reply' because her character was basically herself. Her acting itself was never good... she's going to suffer from these controversies for a while now.

11. [+24, -3] Well the scriptwriter for 'Reply' already said that she modeled the character off of Hyeri so it'd be weird if she couldn't pull that off

12. [+19, -2] It must be so frustrating to be her co-star. She was totally stumbling over her lines. If her intention was to get media attention for this drama with an acting controversy, she succeeded so now it's time to cut back on her screentime... It's such a waste of Jo Jung Suk's time ㅠㅠ

These pathetic losers on Nate always hate on everything , nothing new.

Her acting is so fine, they need to chill the Richard Simmons out  out. :crazy:

@randomlee About Cha Dong Tak chaining Gong Su Chang with him and get GSC to drive, I think it's because CDT was too crazy about finding "the murder", he chained GSC to him so that GSC could never get away, and he got GSC to drive to make sure he could completely took him under his control and observation.

I'm more surprised when GSC took the hit for CDT... I can feel the bond between them in the scene. Looking forward to the episodes tonight where GSC's spirit starts to process CDT, the actual fun will begin! :wink:

====

JJS with the child actor in Ep. 2:

DPtA6fdUEAUCRBO.jpg

I don´t like that - it happen to often that people don´t like the acting of the female lead - and they can be so cruel than.

For me - i don´t give a damn about it. I just checked it out and decided for myself - and what can I say...

I LOVE IT!

This is just what I needed. I just wander who it will be who will fall for the Reporter. The cop or the con. KDrama World really like con artist in the last time. The Hero of my Child Hood was Robin Hood... it´s a bit like that. We only steal from the rich not from the poor, the cute and the nice... Wasn´t it like that? :D

Let me just weigh in to give my two cents worth re Hyeri bashing by knetz. Knetz seriously need to take a chill pill and be less judgmental of their actresses or idols-turned-actresses. They already have a dearth of actresses in the twenties age band; that’s why we are already seeing older actresses being paired with much younger actors and the other extreme of very young actresses who are still minors being paired with much older actors in some dramas. So they should seriously give these idols turned actresses like Suzy, IU, Seoulhyun etc a fair chance to gain in experience; especially in this day when we are seeing C dramas gaining traction and popularity. Frankly, being paired with solid actors is a great way to shore up their experience. And I don’t see any problem with that.

As for the ratings, it is really not right to heap it all on the lead actress. There are many factors that influence the ratings of a drama. Two Cops is being shown at a time when two great dramas are having their finale episodes. So yes, the timing wasn’t optimum to begin with.

As I have said, I see potential in this drama picking up. I trust in Jo Jung Suk’s solid acting. This is also such a friendly cast and this really augurs well for good chemistry and bromance all around. 

Let’s ignore negativity and hate and focus on enjoying the drama and the good acting all around that we are going to see! As for me, I am looking forward to good laughs and being touched by good romance and bromance! Two Cops Hwaiting!

Last night my stream couldn’t work at all and so, I have not watched Eps 3 and 4. But I have seen some of the clips that have come out and I must say this drama is getting more and more interesting. I am an avid fan of JJS and fast becoming one of KSH as well. Both are talented actors! And pretty Reporter SJA’s character is growing on me as well. 

Seeing how JJS switch from CDT to GSC and back so seamlessly- he’s amazing! This duality of his possessed character with the ensuing confusion for himself as well as others around him and KSH rocking as GSC is going to be great material for laughter and some good fun!  And ooh...I see there’s going to be a love triangle?! Haha...I’d be torn between the two men to be very honest  :D

I am also liking the mystery elements that have come out - who is this Lieutenant Jo really and how is he related to GSC? He talked about introducing GSC to someone? That someone was going to be CDT? What was he intending to do? And was he really corrupted? Why is there a need to have his death covered up? There’s something about that cigarette lighter that he was going to show CDT before he died from the attack as well.

And SJA - that photo in her wallet- that must be her father - who is he?

aKV4sVE.jpg

I am getting really curious about all these back stories.

Re the ratings I think there’s no need to be too disheartened. On NaverTV I saw that Two Cops videos have quite a lot of views (quite a bit more than it’s current competitor) and so if the drama continues to hold interest, the audience will come. On weibo (which is my playground) I can see that this drama is also quite well received by C drama fans. 

I hope more more people will come in talk and post about the drama. Discussing about the drama is part of the fun of kdrama enjoyment :D

I have not watched episodes 3/4 but what I like about the Monday episodes is the fast pacing of the drama....not a dull moment but trying to keep up with the super-fast switching of the camera angles for the chase scene did make me a bit giddy!  

Am intrigued by the mystery behind the relationship between Gong Su Chang and CDT's partner, Jo Jang Hoon.  Even Lee Si Eon's character, Yong Pal seems to have an idea who the murderer might be as in the interrogation room, he even described how the murderer stabbed and twisted the knife into the partner's abdomen when CDT did not reveal this detail to him.....how is Yong Pal related to the murder of the sunbae? 

JJS is so good as the serious cop, Kim Sun Ho is playing the cheeky swindler character well.......as for Hyeri, hmm....her acting thus far is just tolerable and with such a talented actor like JJS as her leading man, hope she will improve as the drama progresses!

@randomlee glad to note that the C-drama viewers are receiving this drama well!  The Daily Domestic Drama Search ranking list on Naver has Two Cops at No. 2 for yesterday.  So, looks like k-netizens are interested in this drama, just hope they will tune in when the next episodes air!  :D  

국내드라마 일간검색어

I'm so excited for next episode. I'm wondering for whom she fall detective or spirit. Spirit totally fall for her from first meeting with her. NOW here again SLS strike. my spirit boy still having same charm when he said 'Nice' make me remember his strongest delivery man character which I really love the most.

Aaah, I've been waiting for Two Cops for a long time and finally it's here!

The first thing I noticed right from the first few seconds of episode 1 is how the editing and vibe of the drama is so movie-like, you know that 'dark' vibe you don't usually see in regular dramas. After watching the first 2 eps, I gotta say I'm not a super fan of fighting scenes, car chase and things like that, but I have to give both my thumbs up for JJS who worked hard for the scenes ^_^. It is no wonder that even the director praised him for carrying the show.

Ooh, I shouldn't forget to mention how Detective Jo's death is covered up by framing GSC as the suspect, waah, I can't imagine how furious CDT will be when he finds out that his own pal and chief in his team tried to cover the case up. Plus it's very likely that the higher ups really have something to do with Detective Jo's death. But now that GSC is clear, it's no wonder that the helmet guy is trying to finish him off (maybe it's an order made by the higher up). It's scary, really.

I agree with a few of you here that the jump between scenes may be too sudden and that the drama's pace is fast. I didn't expect that GSC will come out of CDT's body that fast by the 4th episode, but that's good, because who likes draggy stories? Little by little, new characters are emerging such as the prosecutor's dad who seems very fond of SJA. SJA said he was the one who funded her life+education (probably right after her father passed away) -- we'll see how this will unfold. 

I'm so confused because I feel like there are 3 guys here, CDT, possessed CDT, and GSC. Idk why but those three really have different charms, but I feel like CDT is gonna be sweeter (romantically) and that's what I like lmao. (Can I a hint of Kang Sunwoo chef-nim here toooo pleasee? Tough but caring? :wub:)

Two Cops is a fun drama! I had a good laugh during some scenes and I somehow feel like it's quite a light drama to watch so far.

--

((I'm so tired of k-netz trying to put down Hyeri's acting. After watching 4 episodes, I don't feel distracted or annoyed by her portrayal of SJA in any way, and I could enjoy it just fine like any other dramas. I can't judge anything about her character wholly because really, only 2 hours worth of the drama have been aired and there's still so much we have to see in the future episodes, plus SJA didn't appear that much either.))

Now that I have watched Eps 3 and 4, I am liking this drama even more. It’s such a refreshing concept to have a cop being possessed by the spirit of a conman and having the conman in the cop break all rules in his investigation and search for clues haha...

And wow..JJS’ fluid acting in switching to GSC is so DAEBAAAK! He really is so much like KSH as GSC! Similar gestures, similar mannerisms and even the way he speaks! Perfect partnership between these two excellent actors! 

Lee Si Eon is great as Yong Pal too. That scene in the interrogation room had me chortling :D (below IG clip for our enjoyment yet again). That scene at conman surgeon’s operating table is really hilarious too. 

This drama has got a fantastic combination of mystery and comedy right now. I am definitely staying tuned! I am curious as to the pieces to the puzzle that various people hold. Why does the culprit want CDT and his partner dead? How does Yong Pal fit in? How is it that he has the information about the CCTV and the “false witness”? I am also curious about the backstory of SJA, CDT and GSC. And I suspect that their back story may all be connected somehow. 

Hyeri’s acting did get better in Eps 3 and 4. While she may not be a top notch actress at the moment, she’s pretty and very pleasant to watch. I will also say that she has got an expressive and transparent face; so, I do find her okay, objectively speaking. And I am hopeful that I will see yet greater improvement as the drama progresses.

I am so charmed by both JJS and KSH that I am eagerly waiting for for next week’s episodes. 

In the meantime, this is me while watching the drama, and seeing my beloved and cute JJS and Mr Dimples :D

Bd4M2Cm.png

Archived