[Drama 2017-2018] Two Cops 투깝스

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! Now that the first teaser is out, I am officially coming in to make my mark on this TwoCops thread. Am really excited to see ChaDongTak Gyeongchal!! My! JJS in that display of his martial arts prowess is so sexy haha :)

Looking forward to having a good discussion on TwoCops with all of you!

www.dramabeans.com/2017/11/first-peek-at-badass-officer-jo-jung-seok-in-mbcs-two-cops/

First peek at badass officer Jo Jung-seok in MBC’s Two Cops

by girlfriday

TwoCops5.jpg

It’s a very short teaser, but we finally get our first glimpse of Jo Jung-seok(Jealousy Incarnate) in his new body-possession drama Two Cops, about a cop whose body gets inhabited by a con man. With this actor and this premise, I’m expecting all-out hilarity to ensue. That’s the expectation, anyway (I mean, how could you cast Jo Jung-seok and deny us comedy?), but the first teaser focuses on his badass side, the tough cop who never misses his mark.

The new MBC fantasy investigation romance stars Jo Jung-seok as a righteous violent crimes detective nicknamed the “Grim Reaper” with an impressive arrest record and an even more impressive list of martial arts skills under his belt. In the teaser, he kicks and flies his way through various criminal gangs while narrating, “As a given, a Korean detective knows taekwondo, hapkido, judo, gumdo, etc. At least 20 levels. So don’t show up before my eyes, you stupid thug.” Then he puts on his dress uniform and says to the camera, “Me? I’m Detective Cha Dong-tak of the violent crimes division, central precinct.”

He seems like a very no-nonsense character who’s extremely proud of being a police officer, so I can only imagine the disruption that’ll occur in his life when he gets possessed by the soul of a con artist. And on top of the fantasy investigation elements, he’ll also have a romance with a prickly reporter, played by Hyeri (Entertainer). It will take a lot of convincing to get me to board this ship, but if anyone could make me believe the unbelievable, it’s Jo Jung-seok.

The first teaser doesn’t really give us a feel for the drama since it’s just one slice of the pie, but at least now I’m eagerly waiting for the rest. And knowing that the drama comes from the PD of Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-ju, I’m hopeful for what’s to come.

Two Cops will follow 20th Century Boy and Girl on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning November 27.

TwoCops1.jpg

TwoCops2.jpg

TwoCops3.jpg

TwoCops4.jpg

TwoCops6.jpg

TwoCops7.jpg

I need more of him in that uniform :rolleyes:

Introducing the DongAn couple:

HOc40k6.jpg

xJdPhVz.jpg

Am contributing to the buzz with my translation of the news released today. Incidentally, DongAn 동안 in Hangeul also means “babyface”. Love this name for our OTP!

【News】 "Two cops" JoJungSuk X Hyeri, just by looking at their happy interactions together, there’s already “찰떡” (chalddok- a kind of sticky glutinous rice) chemistry. 

In the latest still cuts, JoJungSuk and Hyeri showed us their warm chemistry and this is certainly stimulating great anticipation for the drama. 

'Two Cops' is about the romance story of ChaDongTak, a police officer from the Serious Crime Division and SongJiAn, a big-hearted and charming news reporter from the Social Affairs Department of a news agency. Indeed, the meeting of the “king of acting” and popular Hyeri in this drama has already made TwoCops one of the most anticipated dramas in the second half of this year. 

In the released photographs showing them seated facing each other and chatting, you can see the perfect chemistry of DongAn (combination of their character names which happens to mean babyface as well) and sense the warm atmosphere they bring to the set. 

Although this is the first time JoJungSuk and Hyeri are working together, they show fantastic understanding between them that has amazed the staff. Not only that, every moment every second of their interaction in the drama, they have been practicing, discussing and working out enthusiastically with each other as regards each other’s on-screen positions, lines and so on. In addition, during rest time, their own positive outlook and cheerful personality have livened up the shooting atmosphere. 

Officials at Two Cops said: "The energy and enthusiasm of JoJungSuk and Hyeri is amazing. They have been freely sharing about their distress over their acting and both have the strong desire to show a “DongAn” couple that will resonate with the audience. We have high expectations of shining results for their efforts and hope the audience will look forward to the relationship between ChaDongTak and Song JiAn and give TwoCops lots of support and attention.

Meanwhile, 'Two Cops' is a drama that will air after '20th Century Boys and Girls' on November 27.

Translation by 엘시이 
Original Report by: lunarfly@sportschosun.com

Yesterday actor Oh Eusik updated his IG to thank Oh My Ghostess’ Writer YangHuiSeung for the food truck support sent by him. YangHuiSeung sent the food truck to show support for uri JoJungSuk, Oh Eusik and TwoCops’ Director OhHyeonJong.

TwoCops Team, Hwaiting!

tfHeeTd.jpg
[News][Sportschosun.com Reporter JeongAnJi] ‘Two Cops’ writer ByeongSangSun said, both JoJungSuk and Hyeri are like two people who walked out of the script. 

MBC’s ‘Two Cops’ has created quite a lot of buzz since its release of stills and teasers that launched the fantasy crime drama that is about ChaDongTak, a police officer from the violent crimes unit and SongJiAn, a prickly lady who’s “born to be a news reporter”.  

From the beginning, the drama has generated much interest and discussion because it has courted JoJungSuk who is one of the most sought after actors in kdrama world. The writer has revealed that in fact, at one point, the names JoJungSuk and ChaDongTak were interchangeably used subconsciously because the character ChaDongTak was like a real person that walked out of the drama as JoJungSuk. The writer marveled at the extent of JoJungSuk’s assimilation of the character which has amazed everyone involved in the production. 

ByeongSangSun also shared about her first impression of Hyeri.  "After a very profound dialogue  the first time we met, I saw how Hyeri was able to transform the character SongJiAn to be her very own. I was really surprised to find the character coming out of Hyeri’s facial expressions and gestures. It was as if SongJiAn herself was right in front of me. It was as if I had Hyeri in mind all along when I created SongJiAn.”

When asked how the writer got the inspiration for the story, she said, “I thought it would be funny to merge good and evil in one person and to use the diametrically opposing characters - a law enforcement character seeking justice and the other, a liar and a criminal, to create into one person and to use such a contrasting pair of characteristics to solve crimes. That idea that I conceived motivated me to write this story.”
As a result of this novel idea, the writer revealed that ‘TwoCops’ will be different from the normal detective genre type of drama. "Compared to the normal detective genre, you will experience the power of narration of a detective story through these two characters in one person.” 

In addition, ByeongSangSun also disclosed another unique feature of'Two Cops' - the audience will see a lot of “bromance” bond among men that is closer than that of family; this is also what makes the story special. The special bond will also drive the revenge-seeking back story of GongSuChang in the alliance between law enforcement personnel seeking justice and the character of GongSuChang. 

After the process-from the initial writing being inspired by the novel concept conceived by the writer to the search for the right actors to participate in the drama, the story of ‘TwoCops’ will very soon unfold before us. It is certainly a drama that arouses our curiosity. Please look forward to it.

Translation by 엘시이
Original Report by

anjee85@sportschosun.com

Archived