[Drama 2017-2018] Two Cops 투깝스

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aww...that kiss scene had me melted into a puddle of goo :wub: How is it that his eyes alone can show how much he’s struck by Ji An and is in love with her? I can’t even begin to describe how excellent, excellent his eye acting is!!! I was so awestruck by that romantic scene that I played that scene many times over after live-streaming the drama last night.

And I LOVEEEE this drama. BECAUSE I can watch and shamelessly support my favorite actor “two-timing” the same girl. May the better of the two lovers win :D! Seriously, how often do you get such a drama?! 

On a side note, seeing GSC hurting is really  heartbreaking too. Ottoke? Lols..I shouldn’t hurt over a spirit who can’t romance my girl in the physical body, should I? 

Somehow I remember Hyde jekyll and me with Hyun Bin and Han Ji Min. It’s love triangle with the same person but two personalities. Now I know why Han ji min declined this role as Song Ji An. Because somehow it’s almost the same type of love triangle. Just funny that Hyeri was second lead in that drama. 

Well, hope two cops can give more satisfying ending though. As we can see clearly that the real Cha Dong Tak is the one that SJA like also. 

I’m still confused with the storyline of finding the real villain. And now we have other case as well. Could it be that the drama will fill small cases while trying to solve the big case? I feel that the pace of the story becomes slower in this week’s episodes.

Ah this thread is far too quiet. Having now watched Eps 15 and 16 with subs, let me give my two cents worth.

I really like the way the trio CDT-GSC-SJA worked together to solve the dating violence case: - 1. CDT letting GCS use his body to talk to the abused victim to gain the victim’s trust;

- 2. Spirit GSC sharing his own experience resulting in him wanting “revenge” (or rather, justice) with the abused victim to impress upon her the importance of speaking up;

-3. Finally, Ji An’s approach of moving her heart through telling her that there are people who love her that gives her the will to live.

We were given a glimpse that the drama will be about the three of them collaborating together to solve the mystery. We have already seen how the trio worked together (or not really working together in proper tandem :lol:) in the sub-plot of a “girls-trafficking” case. Now we see them working together in yet another sub-plot of the “dating violence” case. But the main case is that of finding out who killed GSC’s father and Lieutenant Jo, isn’t it? My question is, do these sub-plots have anything to do with the main mystery? How do they tie together? And isn’t the clock ticking as we watch them solve these sub-plot mysteries? Or are these sub-plots meant to merely show us the growth of their characters and relationship with one another so that they reach a point where they are able to work perfectly well together to solve the main mystery?

And I am rather puzzled about Chief Prosecutor Tak. Is he a good guy or bad guy? How is it that he seems to be on CDT’s side re the date rape case? In the preview for next week’s episode, we see CDT in prison garb. Is Chief Prosecutor Tak responsible for that? Did he frame him for something and get CDT behind bars? Can’t wait to find out!

Re the love triangle, I am certain now that it is CDT that SJA has fallen in love with. She has so far only been impressed with the real CDT who makes her realize how to be an inspiring “adult” or person to another; and she definitely also loves him for his seriousness at work and his pursuit for justice for victims. For GSC-possessed CDT, she in fact has to remind him about how the “real CDT” is supposed to react :D I too have fallen in love with the real CDT. 

Talking about the real vs possessed CDT, I am amazed by how JJS has so skillfully made me “love” and “dislike” the two characters in the same body! And both are JJS, the actor! Hahaha....Tbh, I find GSC-possessed CDT more “dislikeable” than the real GSC hehe (the real GSC aka Mr Dimples is too cute to dislike). (Kudos to JJS’ acting skills!) Therefore I am hoping (though it’s not realistic to hope  for this) that I will get to see the love triangle involving the real CDT and the real GSC aka JJS and KSH! If that pans out, I think I may seriously be conflicted hehe...while I love JJS a lot, a lot (I dare say I have watched every one of JJS’ projects including his movies and have been a fan of his acting since Lee Soon Shin), I do find KSH irresistibly adorable hehe!

Btw, Two Cops is doing well (though ratings appear to have dipped- Aish...the competition with the two concurrent time-slot dramas is just too strong). I am attaching this Gallup Survey results showing Two Cops to be one of the top dramas watched by korean viewers in December. If you discount the variety shows on the list, Two Cops’ ranking is really quite impressive. 

38pE6vx.jpg

scxqeUH.jpg

p5GldEI.jpg

xoVhdxy.jpg

m7CRSLl.jpg

Anyhow, I am just going to appreciate and celebrate the fact that I get to see lots of my favorite actor JJS, Mr Dimples (I am referring to the actor KimSeonHo) whom I am really really fond of, and really pretty Hyeri every week. And the drama is really entertaining as well. 

I have been visiting JJS’ thread and I see a lot of Two Cops gifs and pics shared there. I am wondering if some of you would be so kind as to also post the gifs and pics here. We need more buzz in this thread! 

A scene from next week's episode.......aish....CDT-ah, why the sad expression?

SS9rPlP.gif

Has CDT found out that SJA's father was the detective who committed suicide due to corruption accusation and who was also the partner of Lieutenant Jo?  And that he’s the detective that Dong-tak referred to as “the first adult” he met and who changed his life?  The sudden appearance of SJA's father’s old partner telling her that her father wasn’t corrupt, and had no reason to take his own life, seems rather "convenient" for it to be revealed at this point of the drama, and not earlier.  If SJA had been pestering her father's old partner regarding her father's case, why did he not let her know this earlier? :rolleyes:

We are at the halfway mark of the drama and there's not much progress in the investigation of the 3 deaths (CDT's partner, SJA's father and GSC's father).  Instead, we are seeing new cases being introduced in every episode......and like @randomlee,  I would like to believe that these sub-plots have something to do with the main mystery!  I still don't get the role of Chief Prosecutor Tak and his 2 partners-in-crime and the suspicious-looking waitress.....like @mundaliv I am quite confused with the main storyline....the "web of destiny" that seems to bring together our 3 main leads and Lieutenant Jo and Prosecutor Tak Jae Hee, is rather "messy"......there're just too many elements in the main mystery/side-plots/murders for my poor brain to dissect and connect the dots!  It would be great if there's a chart that shows the connection :tongue:

@randomleethanks for sharing the Gallup Survey results (sample size 1,007 citizens!!??:o).....glad to note that Two Cops is doing well and is one of the top dramas for Korean viewers in December :D 

Here are some of the Two Cops GIFs from JJS thread....enjoy ^_^

SKhTelX.gif

nbgGeqv.gif

Spoiler

TsNXtov.gif

Thank you @kenjo80for giving us those kissing gifs. My, they are seriously killing me :wub: And yes, you have just reminded me about SJA’s father’s suicide - yes, it looks to be linked to the main mystery. I am dying to know how all of these will unravel and how they are all inter-linked in this complex web of destinies among the trio!

Thanks @randomlee for informing us that Two Cops is doing well for the audience :) GSC in CDT body acts really annoying indeed, but I like the last episode because of JJS acting is sooo natural and funny. Bit biased here I know :D Really like the piggyback scene because of GSC in CDT laughing while SJA grabbed his hair :D LOL.. JJS is so funny here!! 

The story is difficult to understand, at least for me.. or perhaps to be really invested in the whole storyline. I‘m surprised also that I‘m not so curious how the mystery will ends. In the earlier episodes, I really like the bromance between CDT and spirit GSC. But after last episode, the bromance is not really felt again (at least for me).. and so I’m more curious in how SJA knows the two different version of CDT. 

@kenjo80 the sad expression of CDT is really sad :( but that’s how I like JJS acting.. His eye acting is undeniably great!! Always love his eye acting :) 

19 hours ago, mundaliv said:

@kenjo80 the sad expression of CDT is really sad :( but that’s how I like JJS acting.. His eye acting is undeniably great!! Always love his eye acting :) 

His eyes are always filled with so much emotions.

Who can resist these stares of Cha Dong Tak? :wub:

RCHU9tP.gif

Spoiler

SP2NodK.gif&key=77edd4f2a5173dea5785481d

Cr: Uzuzu

Suchang being childish really annoyed me in this week's Eps. He should get his act together because he only has 5 weeks left to save himself. Processed Cha Dong Tak really got on my nerve this week. (I totally forgot it's also JJS who's playing him lol)

093316cefeaa870d8b75c28ec85420f8.gif&key

Spoiler

Vl4eEOX.jpg&key=54f44a7b7e7a8e0c58a0f8655d72ea9501a4e854e4389cd3a6590477d947c3e3

NfK6yYq.gif&key=d2be7673113cb05e7ba3a854

Credit as tagged

Picture of JJS with a new, shorter hairstyle at filming location.

25674145_799475690244972_1669486362_n.jp

I think the love triangle will end soon because Ji An found out about Suchang's spirit in this week's episode, Dongtak and Suchang will focus on solving the case of his father from upcoming Ep... (things better go this way writer-nim, you make me tired of repeating myself over and over again -_-)
...I guess it will be a turning point for the drama when Dongtak is put to prison by the corrupt superiors.

Archived