[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life), 슬기로운 감빵생활

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@enigmatic_zephy I just went back to FoS. Mama mia, I didn't realize that was Hanyang. I mean it is him, the actor but my mind is totally blown with the difference. Currently starting Master because of PHS. And I don't even like KDW and LBH and I am watching the drama.

I bet the prison in my coutry will serve roast and vegies with mashed potatos. Blows my mind with the rice and kimchi option. But then again, we did have glutinious rice options for army rations when I was overseas. Guess it all depends on the country. I wonder if Korean armed forces rations includes kimchi. How the heck do you hide the smell? Sorry for digressing- thinking about hiding the soldier's location that's all. Kimchi is pretty strong smelling.

Ah this drama. I need to let go.

On 2/3/2018 at 11:08 AM, stroppyse said:

Oh wow! It's a mash up made into a parody? That is sooo  brilliant! I totally didn't realize. Thanks for pointing that out. I even watched Secret Forest, and now that you mention it, I do remember him from it. The murderous prosecutor. I didn't watch While You Were Sleeping at all, though I had heard that PHI was in it.

Now, I'm wondering which dramas MC and Kaist's videos come from so I may have to go combing through old dramas. :)

MInchul is from drama Lookout. He acted as a chief prosecutor which is the main bad guy 

why did the guy who killed someone while riding a truck to bring the wallet didn't ask for the phone company to listen to the conversation on the phone with his boss and he could show that the boss called him right? and does anyone know his real name or instagram

10 hours ago, Leejea Jin said:

why did the guy who killed someone while riding a truck to bring the wallet didn't ask for the phone company to listen to the conversation on the phone with his boss and he could show that the boss called him right? and does anyone know his real name or instagram

As its said in many dramas that the law and order system of Korea is crap, I don't think a guy (main lead) who murdered someone even for self defense would be released that early in my country or maybe its a different case since he's the nation's star!! you don't need to ask about normal people rotting away in jail for petty crimes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was also late to the party and just marathon'ed this drama the past 3 days - and I AM BLOWN AWAY. I have always been a fan of Shin Won Ho PD and watched all the Reply dramas (and yes - was also Jung Pal'ed)... but didn't jump onto this bandwagon in fear of it being too dark... but boy was I wrong!

I am also a fan of HY - in fact, have been since I saw his very brief yet BREATHTAKING performance in Goblin! He's so versatile I couldn't believe HY and the cheating murderer husband are the same person!! 

Totally going through separation anxiety and withdrawal symptoms so have also been mad googling him nonstop... and have stumbled upon some very interesting facts!! :D

As most of us know - most of the actors in the drama are experienced theatre/musical actors (btw, I think this casting direction is EXCELLENT because of such a big ensemble of actors). Even when JH and Kaist were on Life Bar - they mentioned how most of the cellmates in 2B6 are theatre/musical actors and they all knew each other (Kaist said he has always been close with HY). I just didn't know a lot of the other supporting actors are also from the theatre :)

Hanging out with Captain Yoo's brother - June 2016

June%202015_zpsyejycbo6.jpg

Acting with Captain Yoo's brother - July 2017

July%202017_zps8xwfy2ks.jpg

Hanging out with Kaist - January 2017

Jan%202017-2_zps2oawnux6.jpg

Jan%202017_zpslukdsqrk.jpg

Acting with Jailbird - September 2016

Sep%202016_zpsfdrvikrf.jpg

Hanging out with Officer Song and friends - December 2015

Dec%202015_zpshgbluqdb.jpg

By the way, I'm so happy we'll see Kaist in a new drama soon (replacing Oh Dal Soo in My Ahjussi)... and I hope HY will accept the offer to star in the new drama Life... also by the writer of Secret Forest!!

And here's a video of him singing in a musical back in 2013 :wub:

New woodshop chief (Hyeri's brother in 1988) was also in it :wink:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av18469707/

HY and Jailbird singing in their musical in 2015...

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17852485/

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av17852485/#page=3

• 1 month later...

I am also late to the party.  I started watchin this drama coz of JHI(coz of pretty noona).  I heard a lot of  good reviews about this drama and i am a big fan of JKH too.  I was kinda bored when watching the 1st 2 episodes and was frustrated why JHI has still not appeared on my screen yet.  But after the 2nd ep. when all our prison inmates started to be comical I completely forgot about JHI and started enjoying the drama very much.  I liked all the characters, esp Hanyang and Kaist.  Then  Hanyang and Jungwoo.  I avoided this drama becoz i thought it would be very serious kind of drama thriller (like CROSS-MEDICAL THRILLER).  I did not expect this to be very light and  comical drama.  Anyway, i enjoyed thoroughly and was laughing like a crazy person watching again and again the compilation of comedy scenes on YT.  I am not familiar with any actors.  I have watched JHI in both Goblin in small character and also in While you were sleeping.  And also the actor who played Min Chulssi, he was in Heartless city with JKH.   I liked the actors who played kaist and hanyang.  I think i will keep on replaying all the Comical scenes on YT.  Fighting!!!!!

Ah so happy to see the cast hanging out at the B Awards. They are a few photos and also videos of them (they were seated together). It made me miss this show so much that I rewatched some parts on Netflix last night.

:heart:

Miss this show so much...

17 hours ago, pad-hari said:

I am also late to the party.  I started watchin this drama coz of JHI(coz of pretty noona).  I heard a lot of  good reviews about this drama and i am a big fan of JKH too.  I was kinda bored when watching the 1st 2 episodes and was frustrated why JHI has still not appeared on my screen yet.  But after the 2nd ep. when all our prison inmates started to be comical I completely forgot about JHI and started enjoying the drama very much.  

I felt the same thing about the first few episodes not having enough JKH! :D But I was rewarded for my patience and I discovered a whole lot of actors that I'm now a fan of. Of all the cell mates, MC has to be my favourite. He was such a pillar of strength. But the entire cast was fantastic.

It's such a great show. That word does get thrown around a lot but the adjective "great" really does apply here. It does so well to balance the humour and the bleakness. I was just thinking about it this morning actually after watching a bit of Live. Such a heartwarming drama despite the unpleasant nature of the material being presented. Some of it can be very dark.

It's wonderful that so many international viewers are discovering it now. Frankly I think this show has spoilt it a bit for me for being such compelling viewing from start to finish although I think Live does come pretty close and it's the same kind of slice of life drama. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The husband's watching this right now and listening to him cackle away reminds me of how I was when I was watching it. It really is a wonderful piece of storytelling and not too many things come even close to the quality of how the different threads are put together. The writing and directing here makes the art of drama production looks easy but of course there's nothing easy about having to manage an huge ensemble like this.

Oh my goodness... It's Nam Woo from APAD in the wood workshop!

9 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

The husband's watching this right now and listening to him cackle away reminds me of how I was when I was watching it. It really is a wonderful piece of storytelling and not too many things come even close to the quality of how the different threads are put together. The writing and directing here makes the art of drama production looks easy but of course there's nothing easy about having to manage an huge ensemble like this.

Oh my goodness... It's Nam Woo from APAD in the wood workshop!

I came into drama with zero expectations. Jo kyung Ho was the main draw for me but I came to like the entire cast . :D I’m probably one of the few who was not into the Reply series. In spite of its jail setting which is suppose to be dark & miserable, the writer is able to draw the viewers in with its humour & human stories . Everyone was interesting.  Lt Paeng was the best , he was so foul mouth but had such a heart of gold. Looney broke my heart at the end , but it was realistic. The love & friendship between the two male leads was also something I looked forward to more than the romance of the main couple. And mr alligator really did not deserve to go to jail. This is an all time favourite for me . 

• 1 month later...

Glad to see my favourite drama of the year also managed to capture the imagination of local viewers. The only other one that I saw and liked on that list was My Mister. That was pretty good too but PP has a rare combination so many elements that one doesn't see too often in a single drama.

I'm glad the husband liked it as much as I did and it's something we can talk about now and again. 

Archived