[Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life), 슬기로운 감빵생활

Go Seung Ji

• Go Seung Ji changed the title to [Drama 2017-2018] Prison Playbook (Wise Prison Life) 슬기로운 감빵생활
  • Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Will write more after I watch the episode. No mention of HY, though, in the clips I saw. :(

'

Can you please make a brief recap about things happened in the finale? It is quite hard to even understand what is happening in some scenes.

15 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Haven't watched the episode yet. Just a few clips, but so far...

Yoo Jung Woo! His conviction and sentence was put aside! Meaning that he's a free man! He doesn't need a re-trial, but he's a free man. So happy about this. :)

Will write more after I watch the episode. No mention of HY, though, in the clips I saw. :(

edit: Just saw some comments posted that there is nothing about HY. Now, I'm really not happy. I may have to push this off till later. Sorry.

but why he still there in prison? he didnt come out until Je Hyuk does tho.

34 minutes ago, faithinme lara said:

i tried streaming and caught some of the scenes, but get distracted a long the way. but it seem whatever @stroppyse hope does not happen .he did reunite with some. the lawman/jailbird become his buddy outside the jail. 

the comment on Naver are giving me dejavu of Reply 1988 tho. "this drama only exist until ep 14".:wink:

I don't watching reply 1988, is that some bitter ending as well for one of the cast?

Its happy ending for Kim Jae Hyuk but they don't told us about the old inmates, i wish they reunite at least they are watching Kim Jong Hyuk match from their prison. or something ... :D

18 minutes ago, juleeekkkzzz said:

please write after you're done watching @stroppyse. I'm dying right now. I don't care if they don't meet up after they are all released but please give each of them their happy ending.

I think they are had their happy ending on their. Dr Ko, can open his case with his director and Kaist can meet his son. Even tought its bitter for Han Yang, i wish happy ending for him too, at least can gather together with his family but it does'nt happen . Jung Woo have his happy ending too, even though his still in prison but he won the retrial. After all Kim Jae Hyuk is still main cast, so the ending still focus on him. 

Thank you guys after all this time , share some translation and smiling together when watch funny scene. especially @stroppyse thank you very much always give us some spoiler and translation. as you said before lets watch the ending with open mind. Lets see if there is wise prison life season 2. :D:D still waiting for the sub come out ... :)

40 minutes ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

If I am not mistaken, he did not appear. It is because I missed scenes in the middle as i went out before continue watching the last quarter. Hence, he probably appeared while I was away.

As far as I know, there is no sites recapping this drama. Probably due to the duration (1.5 hours per episode in average).

Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I don't watching reply 1988, is that some bitter ending as well for one of the cast?

Its happy ending for Kim Jae Hyuk but they don't told us about the old inmates, i wish they reunite at least they are watching Kim Jong Hyuk match from their prison. or something ... :D

be glad that you dont happen to there when team junghwan vs team taek happen. its an all-out war back then.

to answer your question, yeah. My Junghwan got bitter ending too. the famous Jungpaled. Shin Pd drag his failed first love until ep 18. thats is the sentiment why "the last 2 ep does not exist" for some of us.  that is the first realism that i have to stomach back then and now Hanyang and his drug relapse.:bawling:

37 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I feel the ending of 88 perfect personally.

26 minutes ago, faithinme lara said:

be glad that you dont happen to there when team junghwan vs team taek happen. its an all-out war back then.

to answer your question, yeah. My Junghwan got bitter ending too. the famous Jungpaled. Shin Pd drag his failed first love until ep 18. thats is the sentiment why "the last 2 ep does not exist" for some of us.

Weirdly I feel it's so logical the ending of 88 because no matter of how a good guy he was (I love when he take care of taek and instead of saying thank you for helping his dad he does his shoe lace, when he sit with sun-woo to drink instead of going back to the base in the last episode and even more the bromance with his big brother,...), he was just mean to her.

Happy when she was unhappy (sun-woo liking her sister), tell her she is ugly all the time and when he explain why he "lost her to taek" in episode 18, it felt so wrong. It's not like she had a choice and she could love taek but he didn't do enought.

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Haven't watched the episode yet. Just a few clips, but so far...

Yoo Jung Woo! His conviction and sentence was put aside! Meaning that he's a free man! He doesn't need a re-trial, but he's a free man. So happy about this. :)

edit: Just saw some comments posted that there is nothing about HY. Now, I'm really not happy. I may have to push this off till later. Sorry.

thnk god!.. with loony and MC losing his parole.. i really thought they would not serve justice to JW.. to you know give that shock to the audience that sucks but also is painfully awesome (like when you turn a cheery character into a character with painful life/cancer/bad ending..and basically sad)

The fact that Han-Yang became addicted again...it leaves a bitter aftertaste and I hate it and love it at the same time.

What Shin-PD wanted to achieve with this storyline was probably a warning as in 'Don't even get involved with drugs, it's too hard to break out from this addiction'. 

We saw Han-Yang's determination, the withdrawal symptoms he had to endure and the ostracization and yet...during one moment when you feel very weak the addiction will grab you again.

Which is why the message is all the more powerful...to see such a determined person fall into that cycle again. Imagine how much will power is required to rehabilitate.

Which is why @stroppyse I hope that you can move on sometime. I got jungpaled really hard and moved on as well.

Shin PD wanted to tell a story of hope but also of real life. In 1988, he told the consequences of not acting up on your feelings and as soon as I could accept this interpretation, I could luckily move on 

Just patiently (it was an hour and 40mins long and loads of interruption coz of the loading of vid) watched the raw finale without understanding the dialogue, purely depending on the fine acting, the expressions, the background music and seeing our fav characters...:huh:

Spoiler

Yes, there was no appearance of Haerongi, Kaist or Dr Ko.

Of course it’s bittersweet but only because the drama has ended. It was a rich and heartwarming drama, the kind that’s makes you cry along with the characters, rejoice at their little joys or simply celebrate life when they triumphed over the injustice of life...just like the Answer Me series. The characters were well portrayed by a fine group of actors, many who are stalwarts of tVn and this PD’s work, eg our Min Chul also played Park Bo Gum’s sweet dad in Answer Me 1988.

Yes the waiting for the subs will be sweeter, knowing that when our dear stroppyse has time, will translate some clips for us. :wub:

Hopefully, there will be a Season 2, like someone in the forum mentioned, perhaps it will be in a women’s prison.

Either way, it has been a good ride people, have a good week-end ahead! Hwaiting :wub::wub::wub:

26 minutes ago, uglypearl said:

Shin PD doesn't want HanYang to be released  yet  in jail maybe because HanYang is going to be on Prison Playbook Season 2? That could be a possible reason.

Could be a possible reason and I'd second that! But for now I'll keep my expectations low 

Can I cry now? I totally understand the reasoning to what happened to Hanyang. Drug addiction is not something a person can easily fight head on. That's why proper rehabilitation should be implemented. Imagine he had to restrain himself for months, that's not recommended at all. The process of cleansing should be gradual. It might even take years to be totally clean. It's just frustrating that nobody from the outside world welcomed him earlier than his druggie friend. But that's life. Sometimes the devil is faster to welcome us with arms wide open. It's up to us if we give in.

I am still sad over HY but like @dubuqueen said, I hate it (because I loved HY and go tattached to him) and like it at the same time. I think it is an accurate portrayal of prison, who goes there and why. It has been said several times that druggies are the ones that always go back to prison, they rarely go once. It represents durg abuse well in that sense. Repetition and the terrible cycle that it creates...

I also feel we get to see that perhaps, druggies should not be sent to prison... or at least should also have some sort of medical assistance. Like it does no good for them to just be punished for having used a drug, be sent to prison and then what? HY had terrible vithdrawal symptoms; and we have seen that others use other drugs to cope.

And above all for me, it is just realistic. Prison is prison; no one is there because they did vonlunteer work... (he he; we got so many great quotes from HY). That also means that more people get stuck in the system than actually overcome it. We had many positive stories: MC getting parole, Yoo having a retrial, and JailBird actually getting a chance at changing his life (that moment brought tears to my eyes...). We could not get happy stories for everyone. It would have been hard to have a happy ending for HY because of his past and his drug problem...

2 hours ago, dubuqueen said:

The fact that Han-Yang became addicted again...it leaves a bitter aftertaste and I hate it and love it at the same time.

What Shin-PD wanted to achieve with this storyline was probably a warning as in 'Don't even get involved with drugs, it's too hard to break out from this addiction'. 

We saw Han-Yang's determination, the withdrawal symptoms he had to endure and the ostracization and yet...during one moment when you feel very weak the addiction will grab you again.

Which is why the message is all the more powerful...to see such a determined person fall into that cycle again. Imagine how much will power is required to rehabilitate.

Which is why @stroppyse I hope that you can move on sometime. I got jungpaled really hard and moved on as well.

Shin PD wanted to tell a story of hope but also of real life. In 1988, he told the consequences of not acting up on your feelings and as soon as I could accept this interpretation, I could luckily move on 

gotta be agree with this.i have to accept the fact that the PD want to show us the reality of druggies... *me crying* this is my second time, when i got jungpaled before... i only move on (not really move on.. but.. not feel bitter anymore) after hyeri ryujunyeol dating news came out. im so happy for them.

i can't wait to download the full show. thx for those who sharing the clips above.. i love scene between jailbird and jehyuk when jehyuk gave his number to jailbird. because i really hope jailbird and dolmani will stay with Jehyuk after they off from prison..

Archived