Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

On 9/16/2018 at 12:23 PM, raziela said:

Thank you so very much for your hard work!  This is wonderful!:lol:

Looking at the running times it's actually surprising how little time the OTP have together overall.  Just goes to show what a good OTP they are that they made such an impact on the audience:heart:.

ZZH was unlucky with most of his other dramas as he is with Yu Zheng Studio and Yu Zheng's dramas have been flopping for the last few years until this year with the big success of Story of Yanxi Palace.  I hope Zhao Ge is good because Yu Zheng dramas are unpredictable. 

Yes their scenes are pretty few and far between, but they have so much chemistry when they're together so it's quality over quantity. :)

I honestly had never heard of ZZH until Legend of Yun Xi, and was surprised to find out that he's been in the industry for quite a while.  I didn't even know that Yu Zheng has his own actors/actresses, seems like his more popular dramas are ones featuring leads that are not his?  (Zhao Li Ying in Legend of Lu Zhen, Yang Mi in Gong, etc)

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 11:59 AM, taragreen said:

Really?! He would have made an awesome ZWJ! I watched the two previous versions and while I liked the Alyssa Chia/Gao Yuan Yuan combo and Ady An as Zhao Min, I didn't like either actors for ZWJ, especially Deng Chao who looks so dull.  ZWJ is suppose to be a nice and a gentle guy, but I always picture him also as someone who is physically attractive and that's why so many girls fall for him. Also, I'm superficial and like my male leads good looking :tounge_wink:

Yes, agreed. I'm watching Ban Shu Legend now...it took about 5-6 episodes for me to really get interested and also maybe because that's when ZZH started to have more screen time :joy:. I like Ban Shu's strong and independent character, and Jing Tian is really cute, but the chemistry between her and ZZH is sub-par compared to JJY and him. Actually, I think JT has more chemistry with the guy who plays the general who likes her lol. And it's really weird to see a very tanned ZZH compared to a very pale LFY LOL

My favorite ZWJ is probably Tony Leung (i'm sure that ages me lol) because I grew up watching that.  For some reason they like to cast old-looking ZWJ in other versions.  I also really liked the Alyssia Chia/Gao Yuan Yuan combo too, Ady An was fine but the Zhou Zhi Ruo in that version was a horrible miscast.  The newest version's Zhao Min (Chen Yu Qi) actually really reminds me of Alyssia Chia.  I've never heard of the actor playing ZWJ... I just know he's not ZZH, too bad. ^_^

I was so distracted by how orange-y tan ZZH looks in Legend of Ban Shu lol.  Not sure why it is but everyone just looks... less attractive in that drama.  Even Merxat and Dilraba looked odd in it.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, owlstar said:

I was so distracted by how orange-y tan ZZH looks in Legend of Ban Shu lol.  Not sure why it is but everyone just looks... less attractive in that drama.  Even Merxat and Dilraba looked odd in it.

I finished Ban Shu Legend but didn't enjoy it much LOL, too predictable and characters not well developed. Agree that the make up department failed for the drama - all the women have kabuki-style make up with very very white faces while all the males are so orange and tan. 

• LOL 2

Is anyone else reading the translated novel online??? It is soooo good! I love it so much! Now, I really wished they had made the drama much longer and added more scenes and characters from the novel! 

Like this scene: :grimace:

Unexpectedly, her first sight upon going in was an undressed Long Feiye preparing to enter the hot springs. His long, slender body was refined from all angles, the cold, stiff contours as beautiful as the edges of a perfect knife. The strong visual assault forced Han Yunxi to stop in her tracks and freeze in place. She only felt a rush of blood to her head and narrowly avoiding her mind shattering to pieces. Even so, Han Yunxi still couldn’t pull her eyes away. That wild, unruly back, sexy behind, long legs, each and every part was filled with boundless physical strength, overwhelming her brain with various thoughts.

At this moment, Han Yunxi only felt one way: there was no saving her now.

• LOL 2

21 hours ago, taragreen said:

https://youtu.be/Lm_kYlr_6WY

In case any one else, like me, cannot get enough of his handsome face :love:

That's real fan dedication lol.  :w00t:

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

Is anyone else reading the translated novel online??? It is soooo good! I love it so much! Now, I really wished they had made the drama much longer and added more scenes and characters from the novel! 

I'm on Chapter 40, and it's actually really good!  I didn't realize how short the chapters are, so the number of chapters is not as crazy intimidating as it seemed.  I like that I can visualize ZZH and JJY as the characters... it's like getting to "watch" the drama again with fresh scenes! 

• Like 2

I am close to finishing the translated current chapters of the novel. The only problem, I am in no hurry to get it done lol. Because then I won't have anything to go back to. 

I love...love the novel. They made Yun Xi so darn smart than her enemies. If they get her for something, she will gladly return it to them with a basket full. And when she makes a bet lol. People are scared of betting with her cause she just wins. 

Long Feiye is sometimes so funny with his jealousy. When Dr. Gu and Yun Xi talked about little thing and can carry on the conversation, he gets all bothered with it. When he said, what's so interesting about a rat...then Xifeng was confused and replied, it's not a rat it's a squirrel. 

And when the staff is in trouble they turned to Yun Xi knowing that she'll save them. Because all she had to do is asked Long Feiye 3 times and he'll say do as you please lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 9/22/2018 at 12:19 AM, owlstar said:

I think it's a combination of bad make-up, most were chubbier, varying amounts of plastic surgery, and, most importantly, no filter.  Now most of the dramas have beauty filters that smooth and whiten the the skin and make pores and imperfections disappear.  It's really noticeable watching a drama now and a drama from a few years ago.  I rewatched Bu Bu Jing Xin from 2011 over the Christmas holidays and I was surprised by seeing spots, pores, eyebags, wrinkles even their skin looks darker instead of the impossibly smooth ivory skin so many actors seem to have now  :w00t:

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

Thanks for the excerpt.  DramaYun Xi is all business during this part and focused on her spying.  Clearly, very different to BookYunXi reaction :P

43 minutes ago, owlstar said:

I'm on Chapter 40, and it's actually really good!  I didn't realize how short the chapters are, so the number of chapters is not as crazy intimidating as it seemed.  I like that I can visualize ZZH and JJY as the characters... it's like getting to "watch" the drama again with fresh scenes! 

I am enjoying it so much.  It's an easy read so far and the chapters are so short and go by very quickly.  Same as you guys I'm imagining ZZH and JJY in the book.  There are quite a few scenes I would have liked to see onscreen.  However, I can understand why they had to modify the plot due to the number of characters and plot points the drama would have become too complicated and their budget definitely would not have stretched that far.  Still would have loved even more OTP scenes of course!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owlstar said:

I like that I can visualize ZZH and JJY as the characters... it's like getting to "watch" the drama again with fresh scenes! 

Yes! I think that's a huge part of why I like the novel! 

50 minutes ago, ash1999 said:

I am close to finishing the translated current chapters of the novel. The only problem, I am in no hurry to get it done lol. Because then I won't have anything to go back to. 

I love...love the novel. They made Yun Xi so darn smart than her enemies. If they get her for something, she will gladly return it to them with a basket full. And when she makes a bet lol. People are scared of betting with her cause she just wins. 

Long Feiye is sometimes so funny with his jealousy. When Dr. Gu and Yun Xi talked about little thing and can carry on the conversation, he gets all bothered with it. When he said, what's so interesting about a rat...then Xifeng was confused and replied, it's not a rat it's a squirrel. 

And when the staff is in trouble they turned to Yun Xi knowing that she'll save them. Because all she had to do is asked Long Feiye 3 times and he'll say do as you please lol. 

I'm on Chap 178 and I'm hoping they will have more translated so I won't have to wait long lol. I also like the Novel Yunxi is really smart and no BS kinda girl. I love how she tells LFY off and walks away with no qualms LOL. I think that's why he's so attracted to her because nobody has ever dared to talk back to him or treat him as an equal. It's funny how they always describe him so god-like. I wished they had shown LFY being on roof tops more in the drama, some of scenes described in the novel seemed so cool! I do love all his outfits in the drama though - he looked really good in everything and all colors.

46 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for the excerpt.  DramaYun Xi is all business during this part and focused on her spying.  Clearly, very different to BookYunXi reaction :P

Drama Yunxi was a lot more innocent and naive  :lol:

And I would have no problems being "visually assaulted" if they wanted to show more scenes of ZZH bathing 

• Like 1

It's really delightful if more people find the novel is as interesting as the drama (if not more :)). 

Just for your information, if you still have not known, currently the translator is taking a rest after she got in a car accident. But she said no worries because she will be back soon. 

Actually, there are really a lot of things that could be explored and adapted into the drama, but well, the production has been done and that was what we got :D. Though, I would gladly watch 60+ episodes if the drama is closely adapting the novel :P.

• Like 4

On 9/27/2018 at 2:25 AM, ash1999 said:

Yes, I love that I'm so happy that she isn't the typical happy-go-lucky, plucky airhead.  she's smart, cabpable, insolent sometimes and confident in her abilities.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:14 AM, taragreen said:

Yes! I think that's a huge part of why I like the novel! 

I'm on Chap 178 and I'm hoping they will have more translated so I won't have to wait long lol. I also like the Novel Yunxi is really smart and no BS kinda girl. I love how she tells LFY off and walks away with no qualms LOL. I think that's why he's so attracted to her because nobody has ever dared to talk back to him or treat him as an equal. It's funny how they always describe him so god-like. I wished they had shown LFY being on roof tops more in the drama, some of scenes described in the novel seemed so cool! I do love all his outfits in the drama though - he looked really good in everything and all colors.

And I would have no problems being "visually assaulted" if they wanted to show more scenes of ZZH bathing 

I agree. I really loved the rooftop scenes we had in the drama.  Would love to see more and more of the epic luxurious scenes in the drama but they obviously didn't have the budget.   The wardrobe, particularly for LFY was excellent.

On 9/27/2018 at 3:14 AM, taragreen said:

I wouldn't mind either but if we are going to see more LFY bottom - I demand better body double this time, please!:unsure:

On 9/27/2018 at 11:41 AM, cancergirl87 said:

It's really delightful if more people find the novel is as interesting as the drama (if not more :)). 

Just for your information, if you still have not known, currently the translator is taking a rest after she got in a car accident. But she said no worries because she will be back soon. 

Actually, there are really a lot of things that could be explored and adapted into the drama, but well, the production has been done and that was what we got :D. Though, I would gladly watch 60+ episodes if the drama is closely adapting the novel :P.

Thanks for explaining about the translator.  That's so sad!  I hope it was nothing serious and she is recovering well.

They did well with what they had but I would have loved to see this drama with the same cast and director but a much bigger budget.  It could have been so epic!

I am glad they got rid of the transmigration plot.  It's a tired plot device that I have never been fond of and I found the way itit happens so unbelievable and it's also too unrealistic how HYX adapts to everything so quickly.  I don't like the futuristic sci-fi pocket dimension with her medical tools and poison knowledge either. I prefer the drama's version of her mother's magical bracelet.  

On 9/26/2018 at 6:25 PM, ash1999 said:

Novel Yun Xi is so fierce!  I love how she always ups the ante when people try to bring her down.  Also, girl is kinda obsessed with making people take their clothes off in public lol. :sweatingbullets:

On 9/27/2018 at 3:41 AM, cancergirl87 said:

I hope the translator is ok... she did a really good job with the translation!  Granted this is my first translated novel but I'm so hooked!!  I'm on Ch. 360 and dreading reaching the end of available chapters already.  Given that there's still 700+ chapters to go and she does 1 chapter a day... it's going to be about 2 years before it's done?  :blink:

On 9/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, taragreen said:

Not sure if it's because I'm imagining ZZH & JJY but their chemistry even in the book is off the charts! Their scenes together especially when they start getting physical are kinda hot.   :wub:

• Like 1

On 9/26/2018 at 6:29 PM, raziela said:

I think it's a combination of bad make-up, most were chubbier, varying amounts of plastic surgery, and, most importantly, no filter.  Now most of the dramas have beauty filters that smooth and whiten the the skin and make pores and imperfections disappear.  It's really noticeable watching a drama now and a drama from a few years ago.  I rewatched Bu Bu Jing Xin from 2011 over the Christmas holidays and I was surprised by seeing spots, pores, eyebags, wrinkles even their skin looks darker instead of the impossibly smooth ivory skin so many actors seem to have now  :w00t:

Wow I didn't know about the beauty filter but it makes a lot of sense now why everyone looks so perfect in recent dramas.  

On 9/29/2018 at 6:12 PM, raziela said:

Yes, I love that I'm so happy that she isn't the typical happy-go-lucky, plucky airhead.  she's smart, cabpable, insolent sometimes and confident in her abilities.

Yes!  But what's with nearly all the women in the book always scheming against HYX.  And why are all the men in love with HYX and all the women with LFY?? 

On 9/29/2018 at 6:12 PM, raziela said:

I wouldn't mind either but if we are going to see more LFY bottom - I demand better body double this time, please!:unsure:

I second this!  I was so underwhelmed by that body double's behind hahaha. ^_^

• LOL 1

3 hours ago, owlstar said:

Not sure if it's because I'm imagining ZZH & JJY but their chemistry even in the book is off the charts! Their scenes together especially when they start getting physical are kinda hot.   :wub:

The author is a good writer (and credits to the translator as well) - she leaves us wanting more. Chemistry is oozing off the pages, and there's a lot of s*xual tension between the two :lol:  I read in the comments somewhere that they don't consummate their marriage until Chap 840+ hahahaha....we have a long way to go! Waiting for the Giant Iceberg to melt is really testing my patience! But I know why they had to change a lot for the drama because otherwise, we wouldn't get a hug or a kiss until Epi 40 lol

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 9:30 AM, taragreen said:

The author is a good writer (and credits to the translator as well) - she leaves us wanting more. Chemistry is oozing off the pages, and there's a lot of s*xual tension between the two :lol:  I read in the comments somewhere that they don't consummate their marriage until Chap 840+ hahahaha....we have a long way to go! Waiting for the Giant Iceberg to melt is really testing my patience! But I know why they had to change a lot for the drama because otherwise, we wouldn't get a hug or a kiss until Epi 40 lol

Novel LFY & HYX are a lot more *ahem* hands on than in the drama lol.... I didn't think they could keep their hands off each other for another 200+ chapters!  If you want a preview, take a look at Ch. 527 and Ch. 570... they get quite frisky hehehe.  :phew:

I'm officially through the available translated chapters and I'm now having both drama AND novel withdrawal. :(   I tried starting a couple new dramas and nothing's really giving me that cracky feeling...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, owlstar said:

Novel LFY & HYX are a lot more *ahem* hands on than in the drama lol.... I didn't think they could keep their hands off each other for another 200+ chapters!  If you want a preview, take a look at Ch. 527 and Ch. 570... they get quite frisky hehehe.  :phew:

I'm officially through the available translated chapters and I'm now having both drama AND novel withdrawal. :(   I tried starting a couple new dramas and nothing's really giving me that cracky feeling...

Thanks for the *um* preview of things to come :smirk:...

I kind of like the development of their relationship in the novel. It does make it realistic since they were complete strangers and he was such an emotionless person. I also think the writers did a great job developing their relationship in the drama. No one fell head over heels so quickly and they truly fell for each other's personalities more so than looks...although ZZH is quite a hottie and JJY is very pretty so even if it was love at first sight, it would be believable.

I'm like you, no other dramas can satisfy me right now. I watch an episode or two of the new Cdramas and I get bored. No interest in the main leads lol.  I even tried watching Mr. Swimmer and the male lead really turned me off! so I'm enjoying reading the novel and will occasionally watch an episode to remind me of the lovely couple.

I'm really looking forward to Zhao Ge (hope it's gonna be really good!!!) but I hear it doesn't air till December :cry:

Let's keep this thread alive to entertain ourselves in the mean time lol

• Like 2

On 10/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, taragreen said:

I kind of like the development of their relationship in the novel. It does make it realistic since they were complete strangers and he was such an emotionless person. I also think the writers did a great job developing their relationship in the drama. No one fell head over heels so quickly and they truly fell for each other's personalities more so than looks...although ZZH is quite a hottie and JJY is very pretty so even if it was love at first sight, it would be believable.

I absolutely love that we were shown how they fell for each other, instead of just told, both in the novel and in the drama.  One of my pet peeves in dramas is when the male lead gets dumbstruck by the girl at first sight and inexplicably loves her forever after.  Nothing wrong with instant physical attraction, but I need more meat in my OTP relationship.  The part I enjoy the most is seeing HOW the couple falls in love, so I feel cheated if it's just because he/she is attractive.

Yes, waiting for the giant ice cube to melt was suuuuper slow, but it just made it that much more rewarding every time there's a chapter of their interaction.  I have to admit some points in the novel didn't sit well with me, but overall it was a really good read.... and I'm excited that the translator just resumed translating!  

On 10/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, taragreen said:

I'm like you, no other dramas can satisfy me right now. I watch an episode or two of the new Cdramas and I get bored. No interest in the main leads lol.  I even tried watching Mr. Swimmer and the male lead really turned me off! so I'm enjoying reading the novel and will occasionally watch an episode to remind me of the lovely couple.

I'm really looking forward to Zhao Ge (hope it's gonna be really good!!!) but I hear it doesn't air till December :cry:

I was waiting for Mr. Swimmer to finish airing before watching... too bad it doesn't seem like reviews are too positive?  Is December a confirmed airing date for Zhao Ge?  I hope they at least air this year!  Wonder why it took so long.  Doesn't look like ZZH has any more historical dramas lined up after that... so sad!  I hope he gets good projects after LOYX's popularity bump (for his sake and mine hahaha :P).

• Like 2

17 hours ago, owlstar said:

Is December a confirmed airing date for Zhao Ge?  I hope they at least air this year!  Wonder why it took so long.  Doesn't look like ZZH has any more historical dramas lined up after that... so sad!  I hope he gets good projects after LOYX's popularity bump (for his sake and mine hahaha :P).

I read it in a blog so I'm not sure if Dec is confirmed. I hope it's in this year and not pushed back to 2019! Maybe they have a lot of post-production to do?

He said in an interview that he's working on a movie and will do a drama after that. I think he's also filmed two dramas previously that have not aired yet...so we have lots to look forward to! =)

• Like 3