Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

Recommended Posts

On 8/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, anonymouschic said:

 

I can't think of its relevance but why include it is their thing so i just think that it's there for possible future development. It's bloody bonkers.:D

 

 

 

 

 

 

P.S. I don't have any other drama that i follow right now. I'm thinking of starting to watch Meteor Garden 2018 but for the next period drama i am eyeing Ashes of Love. Can anyone please share their list of dramas that they’re watching?:heart:

 

 

Try Switch of Fate.  It is rather good.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:26 PM, missnymeria said:

 Ashes of Love is excellent! Highly recommend it. It's gorgeous to watch and the story is top-notch. Male lead is super competent and uber-focused on the heroine. 2nd ML is also a layered, complex character. Heroine is a delight. Perfect mix of romance/intrigue/humor/intense drama. 

Read the novel which is completely translated  Love it.  Hopefully the drama adapt most of the storyline.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is crazy , but I put off watching the finale for quite a while but I finally did it tonight. And I watched the epilogues as well. I think at the end of the day they did intend for Yun Xi to be alive. Even without the epilogues , the bracelet lighting up when she was dying , and her feeding Qi Sao an antidote in his semi-conscious state and subsequently removing the bracelet from his care were hints that she somehow survived. I think the dissatisfaction on my end comes from the lack of explanation about the whereabouts of her physical remains.  I can accept the whole bit of her spirit being protected by the bracelet, but what did Qi Sao do with her body? He obviously thought she was dead - pouring wine at the top of the mountain - a common way to pay respects for the deceased. So if her body was recuperating somewhere, he would not have done that. The so called "sad ending" is easier to rationalise  . But as I can't bear the thought of our handsome Fei Ye living a life of celibacy :lol:, I'd like to think he really did hug her at the end.

 

If you are still looking for the epilogues, alot of videos on YT are not accessible. You can check it out on this IG account:

eps 49

Spoiler

 

eps 50

Spoiler

 

As to the rest of the story, looks like right to the very end, the Emperor still did not get the reason for his downfall. But at least he did do one thing right by setting the consort and her brother free.  And as for QS, I did pity him at the end. It must have been beyond painful watching the woman you love sacrifice her life for another man, and even in her dying breath refuses to be your lover in her next life.  Apart from that ,   I really feel that it's such a waste FY did not become the emperor. TJ feels too young and inexperienced , and it is ridiculous  to have FY moping the rest of the days. This is also another reason why the ending needed to be better explained.

 

Nevertheless, in spite of the ending, I really loved this drama . The OTP chemistry and connection had a lot to do with it. I enjoyed watching Fei Ye's change - YX melted the Ice Block bit  by bit with her wit and her warm heart. There was something about the way his face lit up and the way he smiled when they were together. ZZH' Fei Ye had this way of looking at her like she was the only person in this whole world that mattered.  Sniff , I will miss this OTP. 

  • Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you sissy @triplem 

 

remember when Yun Xi’s adopted father.. Imperial doctor Han Song An asked his son in law Long Fei Ye.. “Your Highness do you want to take over the world?”

Long Fei Ye’s answer was like one of the most highlighted quote he has in this drama.. 

“I promised Yun Xi that I will be with her forever”

 

He. Him. Long Fei Ye.. the only one who deserves the throne... choose to fullfil his promise to his beloved wife, Han Yun Xi... and that promise, he keeps it even after he learned about her ‘death’. The Ocean Plum summer retreat is undoubtly the only place he will spend the rest of his life.. mourning forever in sadness and intense loneliness.. painful love.. he lost his real parents, his beloved adopted mother and now his wife.. that is too too cruel for him..

 

Fortunately... this hero has done so many great things in his life.. as well as overthrown the thyrannical Emperor Tian Hui.. his ‘older brother’ and of course his good karma is awaits for his grand reward... his wife is still alive.. thanks to the magical tribe bangle... and while he was out of focus of daydreaming about Yun Xi... VOILA there she is picking flowers so beautifully like she knows he will come..

 

Happy Ending in the novel means happy ending it is..  the ending choices they gave us is a way to keep the anticipation and excitements of this drama prolonger as much as it can... 

hhmm I think all the veterans fans in Chinese dramas know this hehehehe.....

 

screen-shot-2018-08-24-at-9-42-00-pm.png

 

the most lovely moment of the wedding is Long Feiye kisses Han Yun Xi’s hand..

for THE Long Fei Ye, this is like...I love you more than I love my self....

 

if they have a daughter.... 

 

Spoiler

Dexahl8UEAAX11V.jpg

 

*me... still can’t move on 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, raziela said:

Welcome to the thread!  It's so nice to see this webdrama  gain so much love and so many new or rare posters posting on the thread because they enjoyed LoYX so much!   I also loved JJY's interpretation of Yun Xi.  She made Yun Xi so adorable, intelligent, empathetic and capable without making her stupid or annoying like so many "cute" heroines.

 

I was re-watching some scenes again (because I'm still not over this drama) and yet another thing I love about this couple is they are so tactile with each other:wub:  Even though the kissing and love scene were rather tame they are very touchy-feely with lots of holding hands, hugs, leaning on each other and snuggly moments and, of course, the (in)famous koala jump :D

 

Thank you!

 

Well, I got my husband started on this drama. He has never ever watch a drama but I told him he needs to watch Legend of Yunxi with me. And now he's addicted to it. When I watched it by myself I did skipped parts of the Emperor and his clans because of course my attention is solely on our couple. But after watching with my husband again, I find the side of the palace politic and backstabbing each other fascinating yet funny at some parts because their plan usually crumbled before them. Prince Qin always have that one chess move ready to play.

 

What I truly treasure about our couple is the way they fall in love. There were no unnecessary bickering, nor any temper tantrum throwing at each other. The slow pace of their relationship make it realistic and we understood how they got from point A to point B. The baby steps they took as we journey along with them to their second wedding. I didn't mind the lack of kissing scenes. Because the way LFY love Yunxi in his LFY's way is indeed more precious to me. The back hug, holding hands, the forehead kisses and the head patting are enough to satisfy my simple heart. Not to add, the way he looks at her. When it comes to Yunxi, LFY has an abundance of sweet and gentle side that rear its head. His love for her knows no boundaries.

 

 

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, triplem said:

I know this is crazy , but I put off watching the finale for quite a while but I finally did it tonight. And I watched the epilogues as well. I think at the end of the day they did intend for Yun Xi to be alive. Even without the epilogues , the bracelet lighting up when she was dying , and her feeding Qi Sao an antidote in his semi-conscious state and subsequently removing the bracelet from his care were hints that she somehow survived. I think the dissatisfaction on my end comes from the lack of explanation about the whereabouts of her physical remains.  I can accept the whole bit of her spirit being protected by the bracelet, but what did Qi Sao do with her body? He obviously thought she was dead - pouring wine at the top of the mountain - a common way to pay respects for the deceased. So if her body was recuperating somewhere, he would not have done that. The so called "sad ending" is easier to rationalise  . But as I can't bear the thought of our handsome Fei Ye living a life of celibacy :lol:, I'd like to think he really did hug her at the end.

 

If you are still looking for the epilogues, alot of videos on YT are not accessible. You can check it out on this IG account:

eps 49

  Reveal hidden contents

 

eps 50

  Reveal hidden contents

 

As to the rest of the story, looks like right to the very end, the Emperor still did not get the reason for his downfall. But at least he did do one thing right by setting the consort and her brother free.  And as for QS, I did pity him at the end. It must have been beyond painful watching the woman you love sacrifice her life for another man, and even in her dying breath refuses to be your lover in her next life.  Apart from that ,   I really feel that it's such a waste FY did not become the emperor. TJ feels too young and inexperienced , and it is ridiculous  to have FY moping the rest of the days. This is also another reason why the ending needed to be better explained.

 

Nevertheless, in spite of the ending, I really loved this drama . The OTP chemistry and connection had a lot to do with it. I enjoyed watching Fei Ye's change - YX melted the Ice Block bit  by bit with her wit and her warm heart. There was something about the way his face lit up and the way he smiled when they were together. ZZH' Fei Ye had this way of looking at her like she was the only person in this whole world that mattered.  Sniff , I will miss this OTP. 

 

The ending part where QS wants Yunxi to be his maid in the after life, I chuckled. I don't know, I pity him in a sense because his love for her is so one sided. I actually like their relationship though. she basically zoned him in a way that there were no room for anything romantic between them. First it was the friend zone, then got to best friend and she ends it with a family zone lol. But love is love...QS can't help he fell in love with Yunxi.  

 

ZZH said in one interview that Yunxi is married to him but is dating another man lol. 

 

As I am rewatching the drama with my husband...every time when ZZH smiled, I kept on saying he's cute. And the part where Yunxi said she will try to find the antidote for his Gu Poison and LFY gave her this beautiful smile. My husband turned to me right away waiting for me to say that LFY is cute lol. 

 

I am OK with the ending. I am taking it as a possibility there will be a second season if they chose to have one. Whether he is dreaming of hugging her, she hugged back. So a hug is a hug. And they get to spend that moment at a place he promised her they would spend it together for the rest of their lives. 

 

 

  • Like 7
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

 

the most lovely moment of the wedding is Long Feiye kisses Han Yun Xi’s hand..

for THE Long Fei Ye, this is like...I love you more than I love my self....

 

if they have a daughter.... 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Dexahl8UEAAX11V.jpg

 

*me... still can’t move on 

So agree, I thought him kissing her hand was so sweet!

 

When rewatching it, I find that ZZH was cast perfectly for this role - he looks very icy and intimidating and strong, but when he starts to like her, you can see his eyes soften a little bit more every time he sees her and then he breaks out in a smile, you can't help but smile with him. I'm watching Demon Girl now (and getting so irritated at the storyline and most of the characters!) and he plays such a cheery and nice guy but I prefer the Prince Qin look. :love: 

Edited by triplem
Removed quoted image
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, taragreen said:

It's ok so far but you're right about things being illogical: 1) how does the OTP fall so deeply in love after a few days?; 2) why is Merxat just like Gu Qishao here, but even more obsessive and annoying?; :lol: I liked Li Yi Tong as Huang Rong (interestingly,  I think JJY would also make a great HR if there's another remake...so probably in 2020?! LOL), but I'm not feeling her in this series...Anyway, just need to kill some time before Zhao Ge comes out! 

 

For no 1, no ..it's not several days. It's actually months. They explained that through conversations between LYT's character and her sister, that she had been hanging out with ZZH's characters for months. I repeated those episodes because they were cute and ZZH was also rather cheerful there :P , so different with Feiye . In fact, I felt weird when I watched L of YX for the 1st time, after watching him with LYT. And he was really different in these 2 dramas. In L of YX, YX is the one who chases her around. Well, they technically are chasing one another, but YX is the one who is more proactive. In Demon Girl, it is him who chases the girl around and wont give up on her.

 

LOL at Merxat. I'm still okay with him there , but yes, Gu Qishao is better. I just couldnt stand the curly hair :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

can somebody tell me how to move on from this CRACKTASTIC drama?

 

this drama is indeed took my heart by storm..... ottoke :bawling:

 

I don't know either. The chemistry is hard to forget. For me to find such connection is rare that is why it's not something that is easily forgotten. I've seen dramas that have better materials in everything but the chemistry is not enough for me thus i forget about them. 

 

And yes, this also took my heart away.:heart:

 

 

 

11 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

remember when Yun Xi’s adopted father.. Imperial doctor Han Song An asked his son in law Long Fei Ye.. “Your Highness do you want to take over the world?”

Long Fei Ye’s answer was like one of the most highlighted quote he has in this drama.. 

“I promised Yun Xi that I will be with her forever”

 

He. Him. Long Fei Ye.. the only one who deserves the throne... choose to fullfil his promise to his beloved wife, Han Yun Xi... and that promise, he keeps it even after he learned about her ‘death’. The Ocean Plum summer retreat is undoubtly the only place he will spend the rest of his life.. mourning forever in sadness and intense loneliness.. painful love.. he lost his real parents, his beloved adopted mother and now his wife.. that is too too cruel for him..

 

Fortunately... this hero has done so many great things in his life..

 

*me... still can’t move on 

 

Oh. Beautiful words! No one can move move on that easily given such things. We are human beings not some emotionless thing or robotic stuff that you can switch on and off the connection or emotion. We will get over it one day for sure but i love that i'm not the only one who's not in a hurry to move on.:heart:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

can somebody tell me how to move on from this CRACKTASTIC drama?

 

 

this drama is indeed took my heart by storm..... ottoke :bawling:

Thanks for the videos you are sharing.  I really love this one!  This colour palette is suits them!

 

13 hours ago, Yui. said:

...

I personally prefer the original ending over the 2 epilogues, I kind of find that there wasn't much of a difference except subtle details and whether viewers prefer sad or happy. I couldn't watch it full because the Gu story and political stuff weren't as compelling to me. I ended up skipping and only watching the OTP b/c I thought they were so sweet and cute to not see :D
 

I really like the OST of this drama and the costumes. I'm stuck with listening to this on loop. It would be really cute if they sang this a duet live. 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xekew4nshbs

I confess I did tend to skp over a lot of the idiot Princes's various machinations and schemes and soemtimes had to skip over some of the medical and poison zombie scenes as they creeped me out :ph34r:

I didn't watch the bonus endings after everyone's underwhelmed reactions.  I'm just going to go with the original drama ending and convinced it was happy ending for our OTP.  They deserved it after everything they went through.

 

12 hours ago, triplem said:

I know this is crazy , but I put off watching the finale for quite a while but I finally did it tonight. And I watched the epilogues as well. I think at the end of the day they did intend for Yun Xi to be alive. Even without the epilogues , the bracelet lighting up when she was dying , and her feeding Qi Sao an antidote in his semi-conscious state and subsequently removing the bracelet from his care were hints that she somehow survived. I think the dissatisfaction on my end comes from the lack of explanation about the whereabouts of her physical remains.  I can accept the whole bit of her spirit being protected by the bracelet, but what did Qi Sao do with her body? He obviously thought she was dead - pouring wine at the top of the mountain - a common way to pay respects for the deceased. So if her body was recuperating somewhere, he would not have done that. The so called "sad ending" is easier to rationalise  . But as I can't bear the thought of our handsome Fei Ye living a life of celibacy :lol:, I'd like to think he really did hug her at the end.

 

If you are still looking for the epilogues, alot of videos on YT are not accessible. You can check it out on this IG account:

eps 49

  Reveal hidden contents

 

eps 50

  Reveal hidden contents

 

As to the rest of the story, looks like right to the very end, the Emperor still did not get the reason for his downfall. But at least he did do one thing right by setting the consort and her brother free.  And as for QS, I did pity him at the end. It must have been beyond painful watching the woman you love sacrifice her life for another man, and even in her dying breath refuses to be your lover in her next life.  Apart from that ,   I really feel that it's such a waste FY did not become the emperor. TJ feels too young and inexperienced , and it is ridiculous  to have FY moping the rest of the days. This is also another reason why the ending needed to be better explained.

 

Nevertheless, in spite of the ending, I really loved this drama . The OTP chemistry and connection had a lot to do with it. I enjoyed watching Fei Ye's change - YX melted the Ice Block bit  by bit with her wit and her warm heart. There was something about the way his face lit up and the way he smiled when they were together. ZZH' Fei Ye had this way of looking at her like she was the only person in this whole world that mattered.  Sniff , I will miss this OTP. 

The ending was a bit disappointing and vague but I think I'm used to being disappointed by C-Drama endings by now and this wasn't even the worse one I've seen (sadly).  LFY never wanted to be Emperor so I understand why he didn't take the position.  He just wanted justice for his people and to get rid of the current corrupt dynasty.  I don't think it's a waste as I imagine he will still have an advisor role for Tang Li but he's, thankfully, away from all the stuffy machinations and backstabbing of the Court.  I do worry for Tang Li and Ning Jing but I think we saw TL mature a lot over the course of the drama and the fact he managed to hold his own against the courtier in the final episode was an indicator that he will be able to manage the Court.  He and Ning Jing obviously love each other very much so hopefully he can keep refusing a consort and they can have children.  After all they are still very young and its only been a year since they married.

I love your description of how LFY smiled and looked at Yun Xi.:heart:

 

10 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I agree with you sissy @triplem 

 

remember when Yun Xi’s adopted father.. Imperial doctor Han Song An asked his son in law Long Fei Ye.. “Your Highness do you want to take over the world?”

Long Fei Ye’s answer was like one of the most highlighted quote he has in this drama.. 

“I promised Yun Xi that I will be with her forever”

 

He. Him. Long Fei Ye.. the only one who deserves the throne... choose to fullfil his promise to his beloved wife, Han Yun Xi... and that promise, he keeps it even after he learned about her ‘death’. The Ocean Plum summer retreat is undoubtly the only place he will spend the rest of his life.. mourning forever in sadness and intense loneliness.. painful love.. he lost his real parents, his beloved adopted mother and now his wife.. that is too too cruel for him..

 

Fortunately... this hero has done so many great things in his life.. as well as overthrown the thyrannical Emperor Tian Hui.. his ‘older brother’ and of course his good karma is awaits for his grand reward... his wife is still alive.. thanks to the magical tribe bangle... and while he was out of focus of daydreaming about Yun Xi... VOILA there she is picking flowers so beautifully like she knows he will come..

 

Happy Ending in the novel means happy ending it is..  the ending choices they gave us is a way to keep the anticipation and excitements of this drama prolonger as much as it can... 

hhmm I think all the veterans fans in Chinese dramas know this hehehehe.....

...

 

the most lovely moment of the wedding is Long Feiye kisses Han Yun Xi’s hand..

for THE Long Fei Ye, this is like...I love you more than I love my self....

 

if they have a daughter.... 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Dexahl8UEAAX11V.jpg

 

*me... still can’t move on 

I loved the moment he kissed her hand on their wedding night :wub:  I have to believe it was a happy ending.  The idea of LFY spending the rest of his days in mourning in their little retreat is too sad to contemplate.  

Awww that little girl is adorable and really looks like she could be their daughter.

 

9 hours ago, ash1999 said:

 

Thank you!

 

Well, I got my husband started on this drama. He has never ever watch a drama but I told him he needs to watch Legend of Yunxi with me. And now he's addicted to it. When I watched it by myself I did skipped parts of the Emperor and his clans because of course my attention is solely on our couple. But after watching with my husband again, I find the side of the palace politic and backstabbing each other fascinating yet funny at some parts because their plan usually crumbled before them. Prince Qin always have that one chess move ready to play.

 

What I truly treasure about our couple is the way they fall in love. There were no unnecessary bickering, nor any temper tantrum throwing at each other. The slow pace of their relationship make it realistic and we understood how they got from point A to point B. The baby steps they took as we journey along with them to their second wedding. I didn't mind the lack of kissing scenes. Because the way LFY love Yunxi in his LFY's way is indeed more precious to me. The back hug, holding hands, the forehead kisses and the head patting are enough to satisfy my simple heart. Not to add, the way he looks at her. When it comes to Yunxi, LFY has an abundance of sweet and gentle side that rear its head. His love for her knows no boundaries.

 

Right! I love how they showed the gradual progression of their relationship which was helped by their awesome chemistry.  There are too many dramas I've watched where I am told the couple are supposed to be in love but I am still trying to figure out how and when it happened.   How could I forget to mention the back hug, forehead kisses and head petting and, yes, the way he looks at her and she looks at him?  *sigh* I miss this couple :tears:

 

8 hours ago, ash1999 said:

 

The ending part where QS wants Yunxi to be his maid in the after life, I chuckled. I don't know, I pity him in a sense because his love for her is so one sided. I actually like their relationship though. she basically zoned him in a way that there were no room for anything romantic between them. First it was the friend zone, then got to best friend and she ends it with a family zone lol. But love is love...QS can't help he fell in love with Yunxi.  

 

ZZH said in one interview that Yunxi is married to him but is dating another man lol. 

 

As I am rewatching the drama with my husband...every time when ZZH smiled, I kept on saying he's cute. And the part where Yunxi said she will try to find the antidote for his Gu Poison and LFY gave her this beautiful smile. My husband turned to me right away waiting for me to say that LFY is cute lol. 

 

I am OK with the ending. I am taking it as a possibility there will be a second season if they chose to have one. Whether he is dreaming of hugging her, she hugged back. So a hug is a hug. And they get to spend that moment at a place he promised her they would spend it together for the rest of their lives. 

You and your husband watching Legend of Yun Xi together sounds so funny and sweet :D  Yeah, GQS love was soooo one-sided it was a bit embarrassing at times.  He never stood a chance for even a second - not even when LFY and YX were divorced.  YX always makes it very clear it's only LFY in her heart even in her dying breath.

 

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

When rewatching it, I find that ZZH was cast perfectly for this role - he looks very icy and intimidating and strong, but when he starts to like her, you can see his eyes soften a little bit more every time he sees her and then he breaks out in a smile, you can't help but smile with him.

ZZH does such a good job of LFY's subtle softening towards Yun Xi.  He's definitely my favourite 'ice cube' actor and character i've watched.  He is so good at tiny gestures and movements.  One of my favourites is when LFY picks up Yun Xi from the Palace after she heals the bratty princess and he asks in an indirect way if she missed him and Yun Xi is her adorable, oblivious self and just talks about missing the food at home and you can see LFY is a bit disappointed just from ZZH subtle eye movement.  It makes re-watching their scenes so fun to see his little mannerisms compared to Yun Xi who is obviously a lot more openly emotional and expressive.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raziela said:

One of my favourites is when LFY picks up Yun Xi from the Palace after she heals the bratty princess and he asks in an indirect way if she missed him and Yun Xi is her adorable, oblivious self and just talks about missing the food at home and you can see LFY is a bit disappointed just from ZZH subtle eye movement.  It makes re-watching their scenes so fun to see his little mannerisms compared to Yun Xi who is obviously a lot more openly emotional and expressive.

Omg, you are my other other lost twins, look what I was about to post:

 

Add me to the can't move on club.  

 

I was rewatching some happier episodes and this was the moment I know he has fallen for her.  He went to bring her home after she had been at the palace treating the princess's condition.  He must have missed her and thought to asked what else she missed about home and his face says it all when she was oblivious to his bait and did not named him in the causes for her longing to go home.

Asking like a hopeful man in love:

IMG_1698.jpg

Cold shower of disappointment:

IMG_1703.jpg

 

Forgot to mention, I have found so many lost twins through this drama that I have lost track of all the names and the how I can identify them:lol:.  

  • Like 4
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/29/2018 at 11:56 PM, emmaleigh said:

Is it safe to say that HYX was attracted to LFY first? What do you guys think?

I don't know if she was first.  I would say they both made an impression on each other at first fall.  If he wasn't struck by something when they first met and he saved her from falling off that mountain, she would not have been able to dupe the cool and calm LFY with whatever powder she used to get away from him and taking the poison manual with her and he could have used his sword throwing skill to kill her to get back his poison manual when she evaded him in that poisonous fog.  If she wasn't struck by something, as she was getting ready to be a bride and saw the poison manual, she would not have reflected back on that incident and wondered where he was when she thought she was going to die from whatever poisoned condition she had.  But I think it did not become love until he was able to trust that she would not betray him, which partly initiated when she took the poison dart for him when they were pursuing ZY and she in return, started to fall for him because he started to treat her nicer.  

 

@rhaps, I think YX seems more proactive because in the beginning she had to get close to him in order to comply with the ED's condition before she can see her mom.  Furthermore, as their relationship developed, she shows her emotion whereas he keeps a cold outward appearance while paying the closest attention to her every comfort. It also add to the perception of her being more proactive that she has to do everything herself while he has people at his disposal to carry out the wishes that he would like to be done for her :D.  I would say, they were each other's equal in everything except maybe towards the end when he was not willing to see her suffer being with him given his bleak future then she had to be more persistent in saving their relationship.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, rhaps said:

For no 1, no ..it's not several days. It's actually months. They explained that through conversations between LYT's character and her sister, that she had been hanging out with ZZH's characters for months. I repeated those episodes because they were cute and ZZH was also rather cheerful there :P , so different with Feiye . In fact, I felt weird when I watched L of YX for the 1st time, after watching him with LYT. And he was really different in these 2 dramas. In L of YX, YX is the one who chases her around. Well, they technically are chasing one another, but YX is the one who is more proactive. In Demon Girl, it is him who chases the girl around and wont give up on her.

 

LOL at Merxat. I'm still okay with him there , but yes, Gu Qishao is better. I just couldnt stand the curly hair :lol:

Ahh thanks for the explanation, I must have missed those convos with sister. I don't pay very close attention unless Ming Xia is on screen :tounge_wink:. Actually, Merxat's character isn't as bad because he actually realizes that because he loves her, he wants to see her happy and will do whatever it takes, even helping his love rival LOL.

 

One thing I love about LFY's character is how protective he is of Yun Xi - I love all the scenes when he shows up to help her like at the court hearing about her aunt's family medical center, at the general's house when stupid princess wants to cut her, etc. And he always says that she's his wife and no one is allowed to do anything to her....I just :love::blush:. I'm a feminist and progressive, but it's quite manly when he does that. :joy:

 

Add me to the list of not being able to move on from this drama. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Omg, you are my other other lost twins, look what I was about to post:

 

Add me to the can't move on club.  

 

I was rewatching some happier episodes and this was the moment I know he has fallen for her.  He went to bring her home after she had been at the palace treating the princess's condition.  He must have missed her and thought to asked what else she missed about home and his face says it all when she was oblivious to his bait and did not named him in the causes for her longing to go home.

Asking like a hopeful man in love:

IMG_1698.jpg

Cold shower of disappointment:

IMG_1703.jpg

 

Forgot to mention, I have found so many lost twins through this drama that I have lost track of all the names and the how I can identify them:lol:.  

 

I love this scene. The way he asked her with that glimmer of hope only to dashed with an ice bucket of water as she answered and he had to pull back that look of disappointment lol. And Yunxi was too happy to be going home that it never registered to her that her husband missed her.

 

@raziela My husband would not let me start on another episode without him. But it has been fun watching it over because I actually appreciate the other character's storylines. I enjoyed watching the Emperor. The actor is just too good in his role as Emperor. And for some reason when he's on screen I have had a few laughs. When he comes up with these elaborate plans but knowing he have such useless kids (and one he deemed an idiot) is just too funny. His kids always have their own plans behind the Emperor's back that  unintentionally managed to screw him up time and again. 

 

Someone had mentioned when they thought LFY and Yunxi's relationship changed.  I think he saw her in a new light at the cave. But to me, the scene that took their relationship to another level is when he asked her why she didn't tell Emperor Dowager about him. When she answered innocently because she liked him, there's a slight surprised on his face. And when he pulled her in for a hug...that was a move that cemented their relationship for LFY. Whether Yunxi meant to say it out loud or not that she likes him, it was enough assurance for LFY to make that move.

 

And for someone like him, once he decided to let her in it will be even harder to let her out. And she in turn accepted that hug with a smile on her face. It was not an awkward hug or an unwanted one but more of silent understanding between two people. 

 

Edited by ash1999
  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, yueyyo said:

 

@rhaps, I think YX seems more proactive because in the beginning she had to get close to him in order to comply with the ED's condition before she can see her mom.  Furthermore, as their relationship developed, she shows her emotion whereas he keeps a cold outward appearance while paying the closest attention to her every comfort. It also add to the perception of her being more proactive that she has to do everything herself while he has people at his disposal to carry out the wishes that he would like to be done for her :D.  I would say, they were each other's equal in everything except maybe towards the end when he was not willing to see her suffer being with him given his bleak future then she had to be more persistent in saving their relationship.

Yeah, Feiye also made efforts to be with her. It's just because he had underlings, plus he was a cold quiet person and had this tendency to hide things from her, he found it hard to communicate a lot of things with her. For example, when BMX showed up for the 1st time, I believe that he noticed that YX was unconfortable and tried to explain things. But he stopped in front of her room and cancelled that. After YX gave him some cakes that she made by herself, he told her not to misunderstood his-BMX's relationship. 

 

9 hours ago, taragreen said:

Ahh thanks for the explanation, I must have missed those convos with sister. I don't pay very close attention unless Ming Xia is on screen :tounge_wink:. Actually, Merxat's character isn't as bad because he actually realizes that because he loves her, he wants to see her happy and will do whatever it takes, even helping his love rival LOL.

 

One thing I love about LFY's character is how protective he is of Yun Xi - I love all the scenes when he shows up to help her like at the court hearing about her aunt's family medical center, at the general's house when stupid princess wants to cut her, etc. And he always says that she's his wife and no one is allowed to do anything to her....I just :love::blush:. I'm a feminist and progressive, but it's quite manly when he does that. :joy:

 

Merxat's character there is not bad. In fact, I think he has more character development than ZZH. ZZH's character there is already matured and stable, while Merxat is like a rich boy who had never experienced love and human's compassion before and gradually learned about it. 

 

I think my fave parts on L of YX are the ones when he showed up and telling everyone that she was his wife. He was so cool and protective, and it felt satisfying to see him making announcement to everyone , which resulted in YX gaining some respect. It felt good to see people who looked down on her became affraid and didnt dare to fight back, because they were affraid to go against the Qin Wang :P

 

 

@ash1999, hi! Another one who like the Emperor like me :D . Yeah, he looked great and had the 'aura' of an Emperor. I also sometimes wanted to laugh at him everytime he was frustrated with the Crown Prince. Then again, I wouldnt blame the CP too much for having been brought up by a family who hadnt teach him about being upright . The Emperor only wanted him to succeed, without giving him love, attention and understanding that the CP needed. 

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Omg, you are my other other lost twins, look what I was about to post:

 

Add me to the can't move on club.  

 

I was rewatching some happier episodes and this was the moment I know he has fallen for her.  He went to bring her home after she had been at the palace treating the princess's condition.  He must have missed her and thought to asked what else she missed about home and his face says it all when she was oblivious to his bait and did not named him in the causes for her longing to go home.

Asking like a hopeful man in love:

 

Cold shower of disappointment:

 

 

Forgot to mention, I have found so many lost twins through this drama that I have lost track of all the names and the how I can identify them:lol:.  

Thank you for the screenshots!  Love this scene and your description of LFY "cold shower of disappointment" :lol:

 

I was getting a frustrated with these episodes because the bratty princess was so annoying and OTP were seperated for a number of episodes but this super cute scene made it worth it :lol:!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, rhaps said:

Yeah, Feiye also made efforts to be with her. It's just because he had underlings, plus he was a cold quiet person and had this tendency to hide things from her, he found it hard to communicate a lot of things with her. For example, when BMX showed up for the 1st time, I believe that he noticed that YX was unconfortable and tried to explain things. But he stopped in front of her room and cancelled that. After YX gave him some cakes that she made by herself, he told her not to misunderstood his-BMX's relationship. 

 

Merxat's character there is not bad. In fact, I think he has more character development than ZZH. ZZH's character there is already matured and stable, while Merxat is like a rich boy who had never experienced love and human's compassion before and gradually learned about it. 

 

I think my fave parts on L of YX are the ones when he showed up and telling everyone that she was his wife. He was so cool and protective, and it felt satisfying to see him making announcement to everyone , which resulted in YX gaining some respect. It felt good to see people who looked down on her became affraid and didnt dare to fight back, because they were affraid to go against the Qin Wang :P

 

 

@ash1999, hi! Another one who like the Emperor like me :D . Yeah, he looked great and had the 'aura' of an Emperor. I also sometimes wanted to laugh at him everytime he was frustrated with the Crown Prince. Then again, I wouldnt blame the CP too much for having been brought up by a family who hadnt teach him about being upright . The Emperor only wanted him to succeed, without giving him love, attention and understanding that the CP needed. 

 

 

 

I tried watching Demon Girl. ZZH looks nice with the main actress but I just don't feel it. Not that I am biased against ZZH and JJY but their chemistry is undeniably stronger. But I am the type that have to feel some sort of connection towards the main couple in order for me to enjoy the drama. I have passed on by many dramas that are deemed to be good by so many people but if the lead can't capture my attention, I just don't like wasting my time. 

 

The Emperor is a case of bad luck all around. The last act of Crown Prince where his stuff exploded and burned some parts of the village. Once the Emperor learned of it that it's his son once again screw him over. He made this face and he didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry. Then he said, what kind of son do I have? I burst out laughing. Because as long as his kids are alive, dearest Emperor wasn't going to be a serious threat to Prince Qin. His kids are one step ahead of him in thawing his plans lol

 

But I agree, Crown Prince is not a strong enough person to rule. He always have this confused and lost look on him all the time. He has no one around him to guide or have his best interest at heart. He's weak minded and is easily led astray. Though part if not majority of the problems come from the Emperor himself. The Crown Prince to me, is a pitiful character. 

 

I complimented the Emperor a lot when he comes on screen. The stern look the actor gives out with his eyes slightly tightened makes him so attractive lol. I can easily believe he is a man of power and has this ability to rule the world. 

 

My best line of Prince Qin towards Yunxi to people is: Yunxi is my wife anyone including the Emperor that wants to hurt her has to ask for my permission first. 

 

Can't ask for a more protective husband.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long Fei Ye and Han Yun Xi shares the most genuine, deepest, understanding and loving relationship a couple can have. Remember that their marriage is arranged... and that’s what made their connections become a bit out of order.. marriage first and dating later. I can imagine the fragility of this kind of marriages... and  because there was no feelings for each other, that’s why noble men always have concubines.. the women that they’ve chosen/loved. 

 

but when I started read Volera novel, I realized that this Long Fei Ye is a different kind of man.

he is very well guarded.. not easily trust anyone, has his own methods on finding out what he’s been curious about.. and nobody can ever change his decisions.. he is way too smart in a very young age and he possesed the awesome knowledge of mapping and a great strategist. 

Slaying thousands enemies to protect his country and winning territories are his main goal. 

 

and then suddenly came Han Yun Xi... 

this petite young lady is all his opposites.. she is bright, cheerful, witty, happy go lucky and her expertise in medical (especially detoxing because poisoning was a deadly silent killer) and poison handling helped him a great deal..  they are a total opposites but that what makes them so attracted to each other like magnets. 

one of you stated that LYF started seeing HYX in a different light after she said ‘because I like you’ and yes we can see how he actually was in internal shock.. from his expression.. 

the words might be said softly and almost unheard but for the iron man like LFY, it was probably one of the sweetest surprise he ever experience in a long time... .. 

 

in their own love world.. Han Yun Xi slowly melted Long Fei Ye’s frozen heart and she is absolutely his sunrise on his darkness days.. to watch a drama with the main lead mind, body and soul devoted just for one woman is the genre that I like so much.. and this couple is the right example on how we, wives.... must and need to accept our husband in all kind of situation. Legend of Yun Xi is a drama that everybody needs to watch. 

 

I have a great time here with you all my phong yo.. hope to see you all again in different drama..

 

 

 

Best Couple 2018 :wub: Long Fei Ye and Han Yun Xi :wub:

 

34869225_201620337340387_857155280628298

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate having to wait for subs so I usually wait till a drama is atleast halfway aired and subbed before I start. Unfortunately that means by the time I get caught up all the forum discussions have already happened.. lol

Anyway, Im only on episode 3 right now and loving how much potential the main couple appear to have and the SL is gonna rip my heart out...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aziandreamz said:

I hate having to wait for subs so I usually wait till a drama is atleast halfway aired and subbed before I start. Unfortunately that means by the time I get caught up all the forum discussions have already happened.. lol

Anyway, Im only on episode 3 right now and loving how much potential the main couple appear to have and the SL is gonna rip my heart out...

Don't worry, I'm sure we're all happy to keep discussions going as you watch! You have so many good scenes to look forward to :blush:... I will probably be rewatching some of the episodes after I finish Demon Girl :tounge_wink:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aziandreamz said:

I hate having to wait for subs so I usually wait till a drama is atleast halfway aired and subbed before I start. Unfortunately that means by the time I get caught up all the forum discussions have already happened.. lol

Anyway, Im only on episode 3 right now and loving how much potential the main couple appear to have and the SL is gonna rip my heart out...

As  @taragreen said you have lots to look forward to.  This is my favourite pairing of the year and it's overall a very enjoyable drama.

 

Someone was posting excerpts of the novel on Twitter and it looks like a great read and might satisfy my LoYX feels now the drama is over so I'm going to see if I can find the novel translation online.  Will report back if I find it :blush:!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...