[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

3 hours ago, owlstar said:

What's the new drama with both the leads from Colourful Bone called?  Kind of unusual for them to be reunited in another drama already.  Wouldn't it be so great to see LFY & HYX in another drama together?  I would totally watch that. 

It's called Wonderful Time. Here's more information about it on Drama Panda:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/03/colourful-bones-tong-mengshi-and-wang.html

The plot sounds...yeah:wacko: but I will probably watch just for them anyway lol!

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2018 at 9:32 PM, raziela said:

It's called Wonderful Time. Here's more information about it on Drama Panda:

http://www.dramapanda.com/2018/03/colourful-bones-tong-mengshi-and-wang.html

The plot sounds...yeah:wacko: but I will probably watch just for them anyway lol!

Thanks for the linky!  I'll probably give it a try, hopefully it won't turn out like Mr. Swimmer, which I tried so hard to like but couldn't make it past the first few episodes. :unsure:  

For those who still can't move on from LoYX and want to fill the void, I would like to recommend 花间提壶方大厨 (English Title: Chef Fang). The main theme is around food and mystery. And the in-law family is so nice from the get go that initially I could not believe it happened in C-drama land :D. It has similar vibe with LoYX and it does not have too many episodes. It only has 36 episodes divided into 2 seasons with 18 episodes each season. Frankly, I don't know why they made it into 2 seasons when they actually could make 1 whole season with total 36 episodes. You definitely need to watch the first season because the first episode in second season is continuing directly from the last episode of first season. I would not share the synopsis though, you could read it in Soompi forums (link below):

As I mentioned before, there are some similarities between Chef Fang and LoYX:

- Arranged marriage? Checked

- Female lead character is a genius in certain subject? Checked

- One-woman man? Checked

- And some others that I would not mention to avoid further spoiler ^^

Heck, even the most famous restaurant in Chef Fang world is called Yunxi Restaurant :lol:.

However, unlike LoYX, it has a happy ending, so rest assured :).

Notes: even though it was a 2017 drama, the Eng sub is still an ongoing progress. I could not find the Eng sub anywhere except from the translator who are kind enough to provide the link in the forum.

17 hours ago, sunkissedluna said:

This is one of the thread that i followed because i am sucker for a one-woman man lead type. I haven't started watching this yet but it's on my list. I've seen lots of YT clips and the scenes are love! 

Obviously I'm biased but i would definitely recommend this drama.  It's enjoyable and emotional and the OTP are excellent.

14 hours ago, owlstar said:

Thanks for the linky!  I'll probably give it a try, hopefully it won't turn out like Mr. Swimmer, which I tried so hard to like but couldn't make it past the first few episodes. :unsure:  

Ugh Mr Swimmer...I was going to watch for Ju Jung Yi but just a few clips and I knew the drama was not for me. 

11 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

For those who still can't move on from LoYX and want to fill the void, I would like to recommend 花间提壶方大厨 (English Title: Chef Fang). The main theme is around food and mystery. And the in-law family is so nice from the get go that initially I could not believe it happened in C-drama land :D. It has similar vibe with LoYX and it does not have too many episodes. It only has 36 episodes divided into 2 seasons with 18 episodes each season. Frankly, I don't know why they made it into 2 seasons when they actually could make 1 whole season with total 36 episodes. You definitely need to watch the first season because the first episode in second season is continuing directly from the last episode of first season. I would not share the synopsis though, you could read it in Soompi forums (link below):

As I mentioned before, there are some similarities between Chef Fang and LoYX:

- Arranged marriage? Checked

- Female lead character is a genius in certain subject? Checked

- One-woman man? Checked

- And some others that I would not mention to avoid further spoiler ^^

Heck, even the most famous restaurant in Chef Fang world is called Yunxi Restaurant :lol:.

However, unlike LoYX, it has a happy ending, so rest assured :).

Notes: even though it was a 2017 drama, the Eng sub is still an ongoing progress. I could not find the Eng sub anywhere except from the translator who are kind enough to provide the link in the forum.

Thanks for the recommendation @cancergirl87 :)

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve only gotten round to watching this drama now, and I think everything I think about how depressing the ending was has been said, so an important point I wanted to make was how much better I noticed the actor playing the emperor looks with short hair: 

Y048Bc.jpg

:lol: I hadn’t even noticed he was really good looking! The bun on head look is not for everyone.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:46 AM, cancergirl87 said:

For those who still can't move on from LoYX and want to fill the void, I would like to recommend 花间提壶方大厨 (English Title: Chef Fang).

Thanks for the rec!   I like to binge watch so will wait until the subs are done but definitely putting it on my watch list.

3 hours ago, cantbreathe said:

I’ve only gotten round to watching this drama now, and I think everything I think about how depressing the ending was has been said, so an important point I wanted to make was how much better I noticed the actor playing the emperor looks with short hair: 

I think he was a model before so yeah, definitely chiseled. :D  He's pretty tall at 6'2 and I thought he was one of the better looking emperors in ancient dramas.  He's also in Mr. Swimmer with the actress who plays Yun Xi... too bad that drama was unwatchable for me.

I finished watching this before christmas and until now it is still kind of painful that they didn’t really have a happy ending. It was an open ending and so it is up to us to interpret it, i chose to believe that it was a happy ending because it’s easier that way and besides happy ending is just a bonus. The love story of LF and HY is very nice and that is all that matters. 

16 hours ago, sunkissedluna said:

I finished watching this before christmas and until now it is still kind of painful that they didn’t really have a happy ending. It was an open ending and so it is up to us to interpret it, i chose to believe that it was a happy ending because it’s easier that way and besides happy ending is just a bonus. The love story of LF and HY is very nice and that is all that matters. 

That was my chosen interpretation too.  I refuse to believe in anything but a happy ending.  Those two deserved it!

6 hours ago, raziela said:

That was my chosen interpretation too.  I refuse to believe in anything but a happy ending.  Those two deserved it!

22 hours ago, sunkissedluna said:

It looks like a happy ending if you watch the end of this episode she is actually there. 

So ZZH is leaving Yu Zheng (link), I wonder if it's because Zhao Ge is never going to air. :rolleyes: 

I guess it's true that other than Yun Xi, I didn't love any of his other dramas that I tried watching.  Hopefully now he's free to pick better projects.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, owlstar said:

So ZZH is leaving Yu Zheng (link), I wonder if it's because Zhao Ge is never going to air. :rolleyes: 

I guess it's true that other than Yun Xi, I didn't love any of his other dramas that I tried watching.  Hopefully now he's free to pick better projects.

Thank goodness!  Yu Zheng is not a good company and they have only given him crap dramas.  Sorry to say but I think Zhao Ge is already a lost cause  

Legend of Yun Xi is the best drama he has done as lead and it was outside the agency.  Like the article says he just needs a little luck as he has the talent, work ethic and looks so hope a new agency can do a better job for him.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Good News! Viki has liscensed this drama, so we should have subtitles available in multiple languages soon!

https://www.viki.com/tv/35883c-legend-of-yun-xi

Great news but I can't believe they only licensed now after most of us had to jump through all kinds of hoops for coherent subs :lol: Anyway glad for more people to watch it and fall in love with the drama like we did!

51 minutes ago, raziela said:

Great news but I can't believe they only licensed now after most of us had to jump through all kinds of hoops for coherent subs :lol: Anyway glad for more people to watch it and fall in love with the drama like we did!

Yes, I understand where you are coming from. It would have been great if Viki could have gotten the liscense when the drama first aired, but better late than never!  Gives me the opportunity for a rewatch when the time comes.

4 hours ago, Table122000 said:

Yes, I understand where you are coming from. It would have been great if Viki could have gotten the liscense when the drama first aired, but better late than never!  Gives me the opportunity for a rewatch when the time comes.

I might rewatch too.  It's fun watching dramas with viki's timed comments feature.

1 hour ago, rhaps said:

Hi, @raziela!

Yeah, sometimes I rewatch a drama in viki just for the timed comments. They are hillarious sometimes :P

Hey!

giphy.gif

I agree watching the dramas with timed comments makes the watching experience even more enjoyable. It's the best feature on viki.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived