Quantcast
Jump to content
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, raziela said:

As  @taragreen said you have lots to look forward to.  This is my favourite pairing of the year and it's overall a very enjoyable drama.

 

Someone was posting excerpts of the novel on Twitter and it looks like a great read and might satisfy my LoYX feels now the drama is over so I'm going to see if I can find the novel translation online.  Will report back if I find it :blush:!

@raziela You can find the translated novel here https://volarenovels.com/poison-genius-consort/ - they've translated up to Chapter 605. I think there are more than 1000 chapters :bawling: but they're relative short. I think I'm at Chap 30 or something LOL....there are more characters than the drama and I read somewhere that LFY doesn't "warm" until Chap 300 :scream: hahaha

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have introduced Prince Qin with this scene:

 

Edit: OK, I have no idea how to post a screenshot/JPEG in here but I was referring to the scene where Crown Prince goes to "welcome" him and LFY comes out of the carriage all manly and intimidating :blush: and CP literally back tracks cuz he's scared :lol:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the novel and love Yunxi in it even more. She has this great sense of pride when it comes to LFY. She may love him but she would walk away from him if she felt her self worth is on the line. As it was mentioned, she dares to love yet dares to hate. But no matter how much she likes someone she would not lose herself. 

 

The things she gets herself into is so interesting. The way she outwitted her opponents, I have had some laughs. She is such a loveable character. 

 

Long Feiye in the book is bigger than life. He is fear by everyone. When he walked in a room you know he is there. It's an honor for him to talk to people whether it's just to insult them lol. He doesn't take crap from anyone. But when it comes to Yunxi he is a bit rough around the edges. But some of the things they get themselves into is funny. Of course, Yunxi is his weakness and in the book he's a very possessive person when it comes to her...and jealousy lol. He can't see straight when another man is next to her. I love him in the book though. 

 

To me, the author might be slightly biased against Dr. Gu. I simply adore him. He is such a sweet guy that your heart ache for the man. If LFY and Yunxi wasn't the end game, the author might have other ideas lol. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, taragreen said:

@raziela You can find the translated novel here https://volarenovels.com/poison-genius-consort/ - they've translated up to Chapter 605. I think there are more than 1000 chapters :bawling: but they're relative short. I think I'm at Chap 30 or something LOL....there are more characters than the drama and I read somewhere that LFY doesn't "warm" until Chap 300 :scream: hahaha

Thank you soooo much for the link!  :lol:

17 hours ago, taragreen said:

They should have introduced Prince Qin with this scene:

 

Edit: OK, I have no idea how to post a screenshot/JPEG in here but I was referring to the scene where Crown Prince goes to "welcome" him and LFY comes out of the carriage all manly and intimidating :blush: and CP literally back tracks cuz he's scared :lol:

I know which scene you are referring to and that would have been a great introduction.  LFY is such a cool character.

 

9 hours ago, ash1999 said:

To me, the author might be slightly biased against Dr. Gu. I simply adore him. He is such a sweet guy that your heart ache for the man. If LFY and Yunxi wasn't the end game, the author might have other ideas lol. 

That's interesting.  So is he another love interest in novel for Yun Xi in the novel?  They just have a platonic relationship in the drama and the actor seemed to old to be a possible love interest for Yun Xi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raziela said:

Thank you soooo much for the link!  :lol:

I know which scene you are referring to and that would have been a great introduction.  LFY is such a cool character.

 

That's interesting.  So is he another love interest in novel for Yun Xi in the novel?  They just have a platonic relationship in the drama and the actor seemed to old to be a possible love interest for Yun Xi.

 

In the novel Dr. Gu is a young guy. And he's often described as beautiful, angelic, warm and has this sweet soul. And from the get go Yunxi always feel at ease with him. He's her calm down medicine lol as opposed to LFY. He genuinely loves Yunxi and also is her protector. If I didn't like LFY so much with Yunxi in the book I would root for Dr. Gu. 

 

That's why when I watched the drama and Dr. Gu appeared as old as Yunxi's dad, I was like nooooo... I want to see who they would cast as the young Dr. Gu. Yunxi and Dr. Gu in the book has this very endearing relationship. 

 

In the novel quite a few guys likes Yunxi. 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed this drama as I like the main leads couple, Long Fei Ye and Han Yun Xi.  I skipped many scenes of the palace and emperor's part as those are too typical.  But isn't the epilogues the same as the ending?

 

Spoiler

Han Yun Xi is dead right?  She just appeared because of the two drop of bloods in the garden where Shuo Guo spilled on.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, taragreen said:

They should have introduced Prince Qin with this scene:

 

Edit: OK, I have no idea how to post a screenshot/JPEG in here but I was referring to the scene where Crown Prince goes to "welcome" him and LFY comes out of the carriage all manly and intimidating :blush: and CP literally back tracks cuz he's scared :lol:

I remember this one. Isnt it in episode 1? Yes, I also agree that he should be introduced this way. Actually, I dont really like the idea of showing YX's marriage in the beginning, while jumping back to a month(?)before that. We already knew that they were going to be a pair, so I'd rather to watch their backstories then watched the wedding later. 

 

Plus, yeah..Feiye looked quite intimidating when he got out of his carriage and faced the CP. I mean, we were talking about a CP here, but even he was affraid of Feiye. That was nice.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ash1999 said:

To me, the author might be slightly biased against Dr. Gu. I simply adore him. He is such a sweet guy that your heart ache for the man. If LFY and Yunxi wasn't the end game, the author might have other ideas lol. 

 

I started reading the translated novel and at ch.100 something. At this point I really ship YX with Dr. Gu. Also now that I started reading the novel, I wished Dr. Gu was played by a cuter guy and not some older guy >.<....I also can't see how Qishao could be the 2nd main lead YET as I haven't read far into the novel. I do prefer the novel more.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Yui. said:

 

I started reading the translated novel and at ch.100 something. At this point I really ship YX with Dr. Gu. Also now that I started reading the novel, I wished Dr. Gu was played by a cuter guy and not some older guy >.<....I also can't see how Qishao could be the 2nd main lead YET as I haven't read far into the novel. I do prefer the novel more.

 

The novel supposedly have like 1300 chapters. But the good side of the novel is that Yunxi and LFY story is very in depth. Starting from chapter 269 is where I really love LFY lol. And 270 to me, is where their relationship took a drastic change all because an action by LFY and I was so proud of my girl to realize enough was enough. 

 

When you read on you will love and hurt for Dr. Gu. The way the author was able to make me see just what a wonderful human being he is and the tender way he deals with Yunxi is so sweet. You can feel the admiration and love he has for her. She cares deeply for him too but of course there's her husband lol.

 

Qishao in the novel is more flirty, playful and funny at times. When it comes to Yunxi, the man is shameless. I have a few laughs at the way she brushed him off like a fly when he comes on to her. In the drama I am thinking they roll 3 characters in one for Gu Qishao.

 

I wished the drama would have cast Dr. Gu as a good looking young man too. Imagine Yunxi and a good looking Dr. Gu working alongside each other and him falling in love with her...oh, the green eye monster from her husband would have been nice to see. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2018 at 2:32 PM, taragreen said:

They should have introduced Prince Qin with this scene:

 

Edit: OK, I have no idea how to post a screenshot/JPEG in here but I was referring to the scene where Crown Prince goes to "welcome" him and LFY comes out of the carriage all manly and intimidating :blush: and CP literally back tracks cuz he's scared :lol:

 

I like that scene! Maroon and black suit him so i like all his scenes in them.:)

 

Screen_Shot_2018-09-07_at_6.46.54_pm.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 9/7/2018 at 11:10 AM, dejun said:

I completed this drama as I like the main leads couple, Long Fei Ye and Han Yun Xi.  I skipped many scenes of the palace and emperor's part as those are too typical.  But isn't the epilogues the same as the ending?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Han Yun Xi is dead right?  She just appeared because of the two drop of bloods in the garden where Shuo Guo spilled on.

 

 

The ending depends on how you take it. It's ambiguous and mysterious as the smile of LFY.;)

 

tumblr_pbn6vmKJeT1ve040xo2_1280.jpg

 

tumblr_pbn6vmKJeT1ve040xo3_1280.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

On 9/7/2018 at 1:00 PM, ash1999 said:

I wished the drama would have cast Dr. Gu as a good looking young man too. Imagine Yunxi and a good looking Dr. Gu working alongside each other and him falling in love with her...oh, the green eye monster from her husband would have been nice to see. 

 

Perfect way to make LFY jealous!:D Maybe they wanted the audience to focus on the rivalry between GQS and LFY because there will be another 'faction' had they casted someone like the one described in the novel.:)

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 4:59 PM, anonymouschic said:

 

I like that scene! Maroon and black suit him he's in so i like all his scenes in them.:)

 

 

 

 

 

 

The ending depends on how you take it. It's ambiguous and mysterious as the smile of LFY.;)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Perfect way to make LFY jealous!:D Maybe they wanted the audience to focus on the rivalry between GQS and LFY because there will be another 'faction' had they casted someone like the one described in the novel.:)

 

 

If they were to wrote Dr. Gu and LFY in the drama as in the novel then the second lead syndrome would have been too strong. The contrast between how both men treated Yunxi would be too obvious to ignore. LFY is too blunt and abrupt which you can understand considering he is not used to any emotions toward a female. But then there's this gentle, warmth guy in Dr. Gu whom undeniable just love her. And every time he pops up in the novel the way he is describe you can't help but want to give the man a hug lol.

 

But I guessed it is smart to have LFY the way he is in the drama as he is less severe. And it also helps tremendously that ZZH and JJY has this unbreakable chemistry where any other characters next to them couldn't come between our lovely couple. 

Edited by triplem
Remove quoted pictures
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know im not even supposed to be watching this show until i finish the 3 Im supposed to finish but I couldnt stop myself from watching the first few epis and some youtbe vids of the couple... am i the only one who doesnt think the second is lead is not bad looking? Like I do think he needs some more polish to his acting(dont hate me but I think so for the male lead aswell..lol) but I found him cute .

 

Also, the music that plays in some of the romantic scenes, is that going to be part of the ost/va that will be released? and If not is there some way to get it? Coz I love instrumental pieces and wuld love to have this one...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been logged out for a while (real life is so hectic recently) but this LoYX forum is still alive :wub:.

 

I've seen quite a number who begin to read the novel as well. I would like to say welcome, and please do not expect that you will get the continuation from the drama because the story is totally different starting from the very beginning, even the characters are very different. You will meet a lot (really a lot) of characters in the novel (of course there are also characters that originally come in the drama only so you will not read them at all). The complexity is also different. And since now there are a lot of new readers for the novel version, it might give you some insights as why the novel fans were initially quite angry for the drama adaptation :).

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think when ZZH was given the role of LFY some people were not please because they didn't think he suited the role. But honestly, no one in the industry would suit the role because LFY is describe almost as perfect with only the flaw of his attitude lol. So whomever took on LFY have to make the best of it and make the character their own. 

 

That long of a  novel should be adequately adapted into 2 season to really get to the meat of the story. There were so...so many moments between LFY and Yunxi that would have been great to see on screen. Some characters in the novel you just hate but love in the drama. But yes, there should be no expectation between the 2. People have to watch the drama with fresh eyes.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 12:29 AM, ash1999 said:

That's why when I watched the drama and Dr. Gu appeared as old as Yunxi's dad, I was like nooooo... I want to see who they would cast as the young Dr. Gu. Yunxi and Dr. Gu in the book has this very endearing relationship. 

:lol::lol::lol: That feeling when the hot guy in a novel is old and unattractive in the drama...  I think it would have been overkill to have 3 guys fall in love with her and I feel like it would have complicated things in the drama even more considering we didn't get enough LFY-YX moments in my opinion.

 

On 9/7/2018 at 2:10 AM, dejun said:

I completed this drama as I like the main leads couple, Long Fei Ye and Han Yun Xi.  I skipped many scenes of the palace and emperor's part as those are too typical.  But isn't the epilogues the same as the ending?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Han Yun Xi is dead right?  She just appeared because of the two drop of bloods in the garden where Shuo Guo spilled on.

 

There's a lot of debate about what the ending means.  It's up to interpretation but I guess most of us want them to have a happy ending

 

On 9/7/2018 at 6:59 PM, aziandreamz said:

I know im not even supposed to be watching this show until i finish the 3 Im supposed to finish but I couldnt stop myself from watching the first few epis and some youtbe vids of the couple... am i the only one who doesnt think the second is lead is not bad looking? Like I do think he needs some more polish to his acting(dont hate me but I think so for the male lead aswell..lol) but I found him cute .

 

Also, the music that plays in some of the romantic scenes, is that going to be part of the ost/va that will be released? and If not is there some way to get it? Coz I love instrumental pieces and wuld love to have this one...

I don;t think anyone has problem with Merxat's looks. Just the actions and delusion of the character

 

On 9/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, cancergirl87 said:

I've been logged out for a while (real life is so hectic recently) but this LoYX forum is still alive :wub:.

 

I've seen quite a number who begin to read the novel as well. I would like to say welcome, and please do not expect that you will get the continuation from the drama because the story is totally different starting from the very beginning, even the characters are very different. You will meet a lot (really a lot) of characters in the novel (of course there are also characters that originally come in the drama only so you will not read them at all). The complexity is also different. And since now there are a lot of new readers for the novel version, it might give you some insights as why the novel fans were initially quite angry for the drama adaptation :).

 

I'm really liking the novel so far.  Sometimes I can't stand novel heroines but Yun Xi is as awesome as in the drama.  Looking forward to LFY warming up to her

15 hours ago, ash1999 said:

I think when ZZH was given the role of LFY some people were not please because they didn't think he suited the role. But honestly, no one in the industry would suit the role because LFY is describe almost as perfect with only the flaw of his attitude lol. So whomever took on LFY have to make the best of it and make the character their own. 

 

That long of a  novel should be adequately adapted into 2 season to really get to the meat of the story. There were so...so many moments between LFY and Yunxi that would have been great to see on screen. Some characters in the novel you just hate but love in the drama. But yes, there should be no expectation between the 2. People have to watch the drama with fresh eyes.

ZZH didn't exactly portray the LFY from the novel which would have been impossible for any mortal human being lol!  But I think he truly captured his essence and I think it says a lot that overall novel fans were happy as the drama went on compared to the complaints to recent novel adaptations like Heavy Sweetness, Ash-like Frost and Battle Through the Heavens.

 

Gosh, yes, there are some great scenes in the novel already that I wish were in the drama but they would have needed a much bigger budget and episodes!  Actually, there were so many scenes IN the drama which I wish we had seen like LFY taking YX shopping for a new wardrobe or what they got up to in the cottage after they made up in Episode 25 ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, raziela said:

:lol::lol::lol: That feeling when the hot guy in a novel is old and unattractive in the drama...  I think it would have been overkill to have 3 guys fall in love with her and I feel like it would have complicated things in the drama even more considering we didn't get enough LFY-YX moments in my opinion.

 

There's a lot of debate about what the ending means.  It's up to interpretation but I guess most of us want them to have a happy ending

 

I don;t think anyone has problem with Merxat's looks. Just the actions and delusion of the character

 

I'm really liking the novel so far.  Sometimes I can't stand novel heroines but Yun Xi is as awesome as in the drama.  Looking forward to LFY warming up to her

ZZH didn't exactly portray the LFY from the novel which would have been impossible for any mortal human being lol!  But I think he truly captured his essence and I think it says a lot that overall novel fans were happy as the drama went on compared to the complaints to recent novel adaptations like Heavy Sweetness, Ash-like Frost and Battle Through the Heavens.

 

Gosh, yes, there are some great scenes in the novel already that I wish were in the drama but they would have needed a much bigger budget and episodes!  Actually, there were so many scenes IN the drama which I wish we had seen like LFY taking YX shopping for a new wardrobe or what they got up to in the cottage after they made up in Episode 25 ;)

 

Honestly, I would have rather Dr. Gu be the second guy than the valley guy lol. Because he basically have the package to go up against LFY for Yunxi. 

 

There's this one scene in the novel where I would love to see happen in the drama...considering it is so off base for LFY to act that way.

 

When Empress Dowager and her gang tried to humiliate Yunxi by making her take her hair pin out of her hair so her hair would fall down (the jewelry exchange scene). LFY came on time and ripped a piece of his sleeve and trying to tie her hair with it lol. The part where he says, he can do pretty much anything but damn it he can't tie hair hahaha. 

 

But that scene would have been so sweet to see. This all feared man, most powerful and so good at everything. But trying so hard to tie a girl's hair and came out just OK enough for it to hold. 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ash1999 said:

There's this one scene in the novel where I would love to see happen in the drama...considering it is so off base for LFY to act that way.

 

When Empress Dowager and her gang tried to humiliate Yunxi by making her take her hair pin out of her hair so her hair would fall down (the jewelry exchange scene). LFY came on time and ripped a piece of his sleeve and trying to tie her hair with it lol. The part where he says, he can do pretty much anything but damn it he can't tie hair hahaha. 

 

But that scene would have been so sweet to see. This all feared man, most powerful and so good at everything. But trying so hard to tie a girl's hair and came out just OK enough for it to hold. 

 

THISSS.. hahahaha...

Many of the novel fans want to watch this scene in the drama but well.. since Yunxi did not tie up her hair (even though she was a married woman), it is impossible to force this scene.. Maybe we could slightly blame the make-up artists department because they did not differentiate the hairdo of married and unmarried women? :D

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ash1999 said:

 

There's this one scene in the novel where I would love to see happen in the drama...considering it is so off base for LFY to act that way.

 

When Empress Dowager and her gang tried to humiliate Yunxi by making her take her hair pin out of her hair so her hair would fall down (the jewelry exchange scene). LFY came on time and ripped a piece of his sleeve and trying to tie her hair with it lol. The part where he says, he can do pretty much anything but damn it he can't tie hair hahaha. 

 

But that scene would have been so sweet to see. This all feared man, most powerful and so good at everything. But trying so hard to tie a girl's hair and came out just OK enough for it to hold. 

 

1 hour ago, cancergirl87 said:

 

THISSS.. hahahaha...

Many of the novel fans want to watch this scene in the drama but well.. since Yunxi did not tie up her hair (even though she was a married woman), it is impossible to force this scene.. Maybe we could slightly blame the make-up artists department because they did not differentiate the hairdo of married and unmarried women? :D

 

That sounds funny. Yes, I wonder why they didnt differentiate YX's hairdo as a married woman? Perhaps in order for her to look more fresh and younger? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rhaps said:

 

 

That sounds funny. Yes, I wonder why they didnt differentiate YX's hairdo as a married woman? Perhaps in order for her to look more fresh and younger? 

 

I thought JJY looks young and even smaller when she dressed up as a man with her hair in a bun going into the brothel trying to find Yunzu. Or at the cave scene. 

 

The hair scene would have been one of those moment where LFY cast all care to the side and showed just how much JJY meant to him. In front of all these crazy ladies that never know or probably will never get the chance to see that side of him. And most of all, they didn't think that side of him existed. Plus, the expression on their faces as they look on...epic.

 

And then he went out and bought her 3 trunks of jewelries because he doesn't know which one she likes lol. In the novel LFY tends to go overboard when it comes to Yunxi. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...