[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

On 10/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, taragreen said:

I kind of like the development of their relationship in the novel. It does make it realistic since they were complete strangers and he was such an emotionless person. I also think the writers did a great job developing their relationship in the drama. No one fell head over heels so quickly and they truly fell for each other's personalities more so than looks...although ZZH is quite a hottie and JJY is very pretty so even if it was love at first sight, it would be believable.

I absolutely love that we were shown how they fell for each other, instead of just told, both in the novel and in the drama.  One of my pet peeves in dramas is when the male lead gets dumbstruck by the girl at first sight and inexplicably loves her forever after.  Nothing wrong with instant physical attraction, but I need more meat in my OTP relationship.  The part I enjoy the most is seeing HOW the couple falls in love, so I feel cheated if it's just because he/she is attractive.

Yes, waiting for the giant ice cube to melt was suuuuper slow, but it just made it that much more rewarding every time there's a chapter of their interaction.  I have to admit some points in the novel didn't sit well with me, but overall it was a really good read.... and I'm excited that the translator just resumed translating!  

On 10/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, taragreen said:

I'm like you, no other dramas can satisfy me right now. I watch an episode or two of the new Cdramas and I get bored. No interest in the main leads lol.  I even tried watching Mr. Swimmer and the male lead really turned me off! so I'm enjoying reading the novel and will occasionally watch an episode to remind me of the lovely couple.

I'm really looking forward to Zhao Ge (hope it's gonna be really good!!!) but I hear it doesn't air till December :cry:

I was waiting for Mr. Swimmer to finish airing before watching... too bad it doesn't seem like reviews are too positive?  Is December a confirmed airing date for Zhao Ge?  I hope they at least air this year!  Wonder why it took so long.  Doesn't look like ZZH has any more historical dramas lined up after that... so sad!  I hope he gets good projects after LOYX's popularity bump (for his sake and mine hahaha :P).

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, owlstar said:

Is December a confirmed airing date for Zhao Ge?  I hope they at least air this year!  Wonder why it took so long.  Doesn't look like ZZH has any more historical dramas lined up after that... so sad!  I hope he gets good projects after LOYX's popularity bump (for his sake and mine hahaha :P).

I read it in a blog so I'm not sure if Dec is confirmed. I hope it's in this year and not pushed back to 2019! Maybe they have a lot of post-production to do?

He said in an interview that he's working on a movie and will do a drama after that. I think he's also filmed two dramas previously that have not aired yet...so we have lots to look forward to! =)

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, cancergirl87 said:

For those who miss our Qin wang ;)

Aw he's so cute. I'm sad his other dramas weren't that good...I finished them but didn't enjoy them even half as much as this one! He and JJY are too cute together...maybe they'll have a project together in the future. 

Edit: Hope he keeps doing period dramas!

Still enjoying the novel a lot!

To relieve my boredom until something else comes along, I've been editing subtitles and timing. Bless the original subbers, but some of these translations are at times baffling and downright funny. My Mandarin is rudimentary, but are these accurate? :w00t:

Spoiler

LOY-1.jpg

还拿了一种特殊的药 封住了丹田

LOY-2.jpg

我们向来眼高于顶睥睨天下的秦王殿下

LOY-4.jpg

殿下以为自己是谁啊再生潘安 宋玉

LOY-3.jpg

该死的奴才

14 hours ago, yang0837 said:

To relieve my boredom until something else comes along, I've been editing subtitles and timing. Bless the original subbers, but some of these translations are at times baffling and downright funny. My Mandarin is rudimentary, but are these accurate? :w00t:

Hide contents

LOY-4.jpg

殿下以为自己是谁啊再生潘安 宋玉

I figured out the other weirdly translated lines, but always wondered what this one is LOL. 

Apparently, Endymion was a handsome mortal from Greek mythology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endymion_(mythology)

I'm watching Cosmetology High where he plays a bad guy...it's entertaining so far. 

3 hours ago, taragreen said:

I figured out the other weirdly translated lines, but always wondered what this one is LOL. 

Apparently, Endymion was a handsome mortal from Greek mythology https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endymion_(mythology)

I'm watching Cosmetology High where he plays a bad guy...it's entertaining so far. 

Lol...all I can think of is Tuxedo Mask from Sailor Moon. Prince Endymion was one of his alter egos.

giphy.gif

On 10/22/2018 at 5:42 AM, yang0837 said:

Hide contents

LOY-1.jpg

还拿了一种特殊的药 封住了丹田

我们向来眼高于顶睥睨天下的秦王殿下

殿下以为自己是谁啊再生潘安 宋玉

该死的奴才

:lol::lol::lol:  I can't stop laughing!  Those translations were terrible for following the actual drama but definitely good for a laugh! 

That is very kind of you to fix them.  It's all fun and games to me now but when I was first trying to watch LoYX I wanted to cry with frustration and nearly gave up on the drama completely because of how bad those subtitles were :tears:

Still enjoying the novel too.  Han Yun Xi is so far shaping up as an awesome heroine. So many of the supporting characters are teeth-grindingly frustrating but it is tolerable because YX manages to hold her own and can deal with them.  LFY is barely in the novel so far.

17 hours ago, raziela said:

Still enjoying the novel too.  Han Yun Xi is so far shaping up as an awesome heroine. So many of the supporting characters are teeth-grindingly frustrating but it is tolerable because YX manages to hold her own and can deal with them.  LFY is barely in the novel so far.

I also love novel HYX! She's so smart and witty. I particularly love how she deals with difficult situations and how she handles all the annoying characters. It's also funny how ruthless she can be some times, similar to LFY.

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

I also love novel HYX! She's so smart and witty. I particularly love how she deals with difficult situations and how she handles all the annoying characters. It's also funny how ruthless she can be some times, similar to LFY.

Yes, I love how she can be petty and vindictive and take advantage sometimes like a normal person.  I cannot stand those unrealistic angelic heroines who just smile and forgive everyone and everything.  Yun Xi is like, nope, you cross me and I'll get my revenge and pocket some useful expensive herbs too :lol:

2 minutes ago, raziela said:

Yes, I love how she can be petty and vindictive and take advantage sometimes like a normal person.  I cannot stand those unrealistic angelic heroines who just smile and forgive everyone and everything.  Yun Xi is like, nope, you cross me and I'll get my revenge and pocket some useful expensive herbs too :lol:

Whatever you do, never ever bet against novel Yun Xi!  :lol:

2 hours ago, owlstar said:

Whatever you do, never ever bet against novel Yun Xi!  :lol:

Definitely! Intelligent, smart, inquisitive, calculating when she needs to be. We need more heroines like her!

I keep hoping she stays this likeable.  Often heroines lose their awesomeness when they fall in love so I hope that doesn't happen to Yun Xi as she and  LFY begin to develop feelings for each other

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Yes, so agree! I get so annoyed at female leads who are suppose to be strong and smart but let other people push them around or fall for stupid schemes by the same person again and again, and then the male lead has to save her. HYX doesn't need LFY but he's there to protect her when he feels she needs him.

20 minutes ago, raziela said:

Definitely! Intelligent, smart, inquisitive, calculating when she needs to be. We need more heroines like her!

I keep hoping she stays this likeable.  Often heroines lose their awesomeness when they fall in love so I hope that doesn't happen to Yun Xi as she and  LFY begin to develop feelings for each other

Yes, so far both characters are pretty consistent. I like how HYX can totally carry on her own without LFY, but also love how he just shows up and saves the day when she least expects it - though she doesn't know that he's always stalking her LOL.

There's a scene where she punishes the empress dowager's maid with 50 canes and when LFY hears about it, he says it was a good beating (I'm paraphrasing) - I laughed so hard at how they think alike! They make an awesome team. 

On 10/26/2018 at 3:42 AM, taragreen said:

Yes, so agree! I get so annoyed at female leads who are suppose to be strong and smart but let other people push them around or fall for stupid schemes by the same person again and again, and then the male lead has to save her. HYX doesn't need LFY but he's there to protect her when he feels she needs him.

Yes, so far both characters are pretty consistent. I like how HYX can totally carry on her own without LFY, but also love how he just shows up and saves the day when she least expects it - though she doesn't know that he's always stalking her LOL.

There's a scene where she punishes the empress dowager's maid with 50 canes and when LFY hears about it, he says it was a good beating (I'm paraphrasing) - I laughed so hard at how they think alike! They make an awesome team. 

I know I love Yun Xi as a heroine because I enjoy her scenes and internal dialogue so much.  With some lead characters I'm basically just reading for the OTP scenes but I'm perfectly happy with the focus on Yun Xi...although I m looking forward  to OTP scenes too!  I am enjoying the way they are very, very slowly and realistically warming to each other even if neither of them realise it yet.

That scene sounds hilarious. I can already totally imagine Yun Xi doing that and LFY approving.  What a pair! :lol:

On 10/26/2018 at 9:42 AM, taragreen said:

Aside from her own personality, I think HYX learns a lot from LFY in terms of how she is dealing with people and that what makes them getting more alike. It also helps that LFY himself starts to let HYX develop her own thinking process.

I like HYX more than any female characters in C-novel so far mainly because she knows how to place herself in almost all kind of situation. Especially if it is related to LFY. There are a lot of examples for this. As LFY's main and only wife, she can refrain herself from begging the enemy even if she wants to just because it will humiliate LFY. And also, in front of the enemy, she shows her trust in LFY 100% and if she has some questions, she will ask LFY when they are alone.

One more thing that I like about the novel is the miscommunication and misunderstanding are never narrated in such a long-winded way that take a lot of chapters to finish it. Mostly, they just take a couple of chapters and then it is done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, 

Somethings that don't quite add up ... or have I missed something...

1) in Eps 14, the scene where we flashback to the dungeon with young LFY and Tang Li (as kids), the Queen of Qin call the boy "FeiYe"... given LFY taken the identity why is he still called the same as the prince of Tian Ning? 

2) Also how did adoptive mother of Long Feiye not notice Tang Li calling LFY brother when she only had 1 son?

On 11/16/2018 at 3:18 AM, sharonfu18 said:

I just started watching Yunxi. In eps 38, unfortunately there is no Eng sub. Yunxi was looking at a scroll when Feiye worked in. What was the scroll about?:)

This is a divorce scroll Long Fei Ye prepared.  He was trying to protect her from backlash by severing ties.  He gave the scroll to Gu Bei Ye but for some reason (can't remember why at the moment) GBY didn't give it to Yun Xi and she discovers it in episode 38.

11 hours ago, sharonfu18 said:

Hi All, 

Somethings that don't quite add up ... or have I missed something...

1) in Eps 14, the scene where we flashback to the dungeon with young LFY and Tang Li (as kids), the Queen of Qin call the boy "FeiYe"... given LFY taken the identity why is he still called the same as the prince of Tian Ning? 

2) Also how did adoptive mother of Long Feiye not notice Tang Li calling LFY brother when she only had 1 son?

1)  I think that's one of those things we'll just have to ignore and overlook as the drama doesn't explain.  To be honest, I don't think the drama gave it much thought and it was just easier to call young LFY the same name. :flushed:

2)Tang Li is supposed to be Long Fei Ye's martial arts brother (but we know he is really his biological brother).  Often people who studied martial arts together under the same master/same school would refer to each other as brother or sister.

Please feel free to correct me If I'm wrong about any of this other Legend of Yun Xi fans ^_^

P.S. If you still haven't found subsI can PM you the site with english subbed where many of us watched the drama :)

22 hours ago, raziela said:

This is a divorce scroll Long Fei Ye prepared.  He was trying to protect her from backlash by severing ties.  He gave the scroll to Gu Bei Ye but for some reason (can't remember why at the moment) GBY didn't give it to Yun Xi and she discovers it in episode 38.

1)  I think that's one of those things we'll just have to ignore and overlook as the drama doesn't explain.  To be honest, I don't think the drama gave it much thought and it was just easier to call young LFY the same name. :flushed:

2)Tang Li is supposed to be Long Fei Ye's martial arts brother (but we know he is really his biological brother).  Often people who studied martial arts together under the same master/same school would refer to each other as brother or sister.

Please feel free to correct me If I'm wrong about any of this other Legend of Yun Xi fans ^_^

P.S. If you still haven't found subsI can PM you the site with english subbed where many of us watched the drama :)

Thank you so much for clarifying the above. Feeling like there is a void after finishing watching this drama :( 

Archived