[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, SeGafanlady said:

Need to read the novel till the end because I can never get enough...

I am reading the novel although not continuously. It's good and i like it.:)

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

@yueyyo, I'll check it out for the Emperor *lol* . The main lead guys looked like teenagers. It's kinda weird after watching JJY with ZZH :p

I can't visualise ZZH or JJY with other actors yet. There will be no problem if the chemistry is better though or if the new acting partner looks better.:D

14 hours ago, missnymeria said:
  Hide contents

From what I gather, despite all the angst from the epic tragedy, it does have a happy ending. What is 100% sure is that the book does have a HE.

I've seen the first 5 episodes and it's alright. I'm not really sold on the chemistry but the rest are not bad so it will do and knowing that the book did have a happy ending is a plus. Thank you for the heads-up!:)

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

I can't visualise ZZH or JJY with other actors yet. There will be no problem if the chemistry is better though or if the new acting partner looks better.:D

I know what you mean - I checked out 1 episode of Demon Girl and it was a little weird to see him in a different character and with a diff girl at first, but like you said, there's chemistry with Li Yi Tong also so it's not too bad. 

Has anyone else watched Demon Girl? Like it or not? I hate ZZH's hair but he still looks cute lol:tounge_wink:

Episode 44 was rough to watch because there were such sweet moments but you know that they might be separated soon...again :bawling:

It's sad because he thinks he's going to die soon and she knows she's going to sacrifice herself but they both want to enjoy their time together, talking about the future but knowing that they may not grow old together. This drama is breaking my heart!

And why did she runaway after kissing him?! Girl, go get him! :lol: And HE should have just scooped her up and taken her to the bedroom right there lol

On 8/30/2018 at 5:56 AM, emmaleigh said:

@SeGafanlady LFY definitely started to see HYX in a different light after their time in the cave chasing after Yuze and solving that case together.  One of my favorite scene of the OTP was when HYX was absorbed in her story making to report to the ED and LFY came in unnoticed, picking up her scrap papers and reading them out loud.  Only for her to koala jump on him and he gave out a surprised/electrocuted look. I wish that scene was carried out longer after she hopped off of him, both looking awkward after that. Is it safe to say that HYX was attracted to LFY first? What do you guys think?

I think HYX fell first too.  We know she confessed first!  Even though he acts aloof and dismissive LFY is actually quite kind and protective of her.  For someone like Yun Xi who was isolated and bullied at home with no kindness from anyone except Third Mistress and son in years it's no surprise she fell for him! And he's extremely attractive too! :D

On 8/31/2018 at 5:58 AM, yueyyo said:

Somewhat off topic:

I looked for a post someone posted asking about the drama starring JJY called Mr. Swimmer and can't seem to retrace it.   Anyway, it will be aired on MangoTV of the HuNan starting the 5th of September, Wednesday to Friday, 2 episodes each day.  It also has the emperor in HYX in it.

According to this site:

http://www.fansyes.com/Content/20180831/kpjghdrlqdrjk.shtml

In the plot, the hard-to-find Song Cha meets the swimming genius Bai Yongze, and the two sparkle in the fight, but Song Cha is a childhood friend of Bai Yongze's good friend and opponent. How to persist in self and pursue the heart in the test of friendship and love. In addition to the romantic love, the TV series "Mr. Swim" also has inspirational swimming elements, which focus on the pool and tell the story of the swimmers' hard-following dreams.

I might check it out purely to see JJY in a modern drama and nothing to do with checking out those abs at the pool:lol:.

Thanks for the details of JJY's next drama.  I might give it try but there had better be some abs!!!:lol: I watched another C-drama with idols swimming recently and the promo material had abs and six packs galore but it was clearly photoshop because in the actual drama abs were nowhere to be seen.  They were the skinniest, least fit allegedly professional swimmers I have ever seen:crazy:

15 hours ago, rhaps said:

Yes, ZZH  doesn't looked like a teenager at all. I think it suits the changes in the drama, since he is supposed to be in prison for 4years, then he got back to his Mom after 15 years (pls cmiiw). It should be inconsistent if the drama Feiye is only 20 years old when he meets YX. So, I agree with the change of his , and ZZH looked the part.

Agree.  I think ZZH age is the right for his character's experiences and his reputation as a successful general. It made way more sense for him to at least be in his mid-late 20s. Only 20 years old for the character is too unbelievable in my opinion.

12 hours ago, taragreen said:

Episode 44 was rough to watch because there were such sweet moments but you know that they might be separated soon...again :bawling:

It's sad because he thinks he's going to die soon and she knows she's going to sacrifice herself but they both want to enjoy their time together, talking about the future but knowing that they may not grow old together. This drama is breaking my heart!

And why did she runaway after kissing him?! Girl, go get him! :lol: And HE should have just scooped her up and taken her to the bedroom right there lol

:lol: You should have written the script!

The sweet moments are soooo good and we have to hold on to them through the frequent frustrating separations.  Especially in the episodes towards the end when all we want to see is the OTP together and enjoying the time they have left together

I have been away from soompi but for the love of this drama here I am.

I literally binged watched the drama because it is so addicting. There's not a whole lot of complain about it for me. I would say for me personally JJY was the main reason I wholeheartedly love the drama. There is something about her acting that is such at ease and natural. She played it with enough spunk, child-like, intelligent, sincerity and those innocent moments where it made everything about her character all comes together beautifully. This is my first time watching her act and I am impressed. But it seemed like her heart is in music so hopefully she can find the time to divide among acting and singing. 

ZZH and JJY have an amazing chemistry. This is their first time acting together but on screen it seemed like they have been acting alongside one another for ages. It's this calm, natural yet sweet chemistry that left me wanting more. 

One of my favorite part is when Yunxi jumped on LFY trying to grab her note back from him.  Before she jumped on him both JJY and ZZH broke out of character and had a smile on their faces. At first I thought it couldn't be, but after watching it like 3 times to make sure...I found myself smiling too. Everything about the couple is beautiful to watch. From distrust, to trust...from protection to sacrificing and just the overall love they had for each other. From a marriage where both weren't looking for to a love they both so craved. See LFY soften and the man he became because of her love is amazing. It seemed each moments they shared together, they bring something different to the table. 

I finished the drama before I read the novel. And I think ZZH is wonderful in the role. He made it his own, though it took me maybe 3 episodes to get used to his outward stares lol. But his character is so complex that ZZH tied all the mannerisms well into LFY. And of course those treat of a smile is just so heartwarming. He has such a contagious smile and when he does it literally lights up his entire face. 

There are so many giddy moments between the couple that it is hard to just pick one. Even when they are not together they still think of each other. So they are connected even if separated:)

On 9/1/2018 at 4:20 PM, ash1999 said:

I have been away from soompi but for the love of this drama here I am.

I literally binged watched the drama because it is so addicting. There's not a whole lot of complain about it for me. I would say for me personally JJY was the main reason I wholeheartedly love the drama. There is something about her acting that is such at ease and natural. She played it with enough spunk, child-like, intelligent, sincerity and those innocent moments where it made everything about her character all comes together beautifully. This is my first time watching her act and I am impressed. But it seemed like her heart is in music so hopefully she can find the time to divide among acting and singing. 

ZZH and JJY have an amazing chemistry. This is their first time acting together but on screen it seemed like they have been acting alongside one another for ages. It's this calm, natural yet sweet chemistry that left me wanting more. 

One of my favorite part is when Yunxi jumped on LFY trying to grab her note back from him.  Before she jumped on him both JJY and ZZH broke out of character and had a smile on their faces. At first I thought it couldn't be, but after watching it like 3 times to make sure...I found myself smiling too. Everything about the couple is beautiful to watch. From distrust, to trust...from protection to sacrificing and just the overall love they had for each other. From a marriage where both weren't looking for to a love they both so craved. See LFY soften and the man he became because of her love is amazing. It seemed each moments they shared together, they bring something different to the table. 

I finished the drama before I read the novel. And I think ZZH is wonderful in the role. He made it his own, though it took me maybe 3 episodes to get used to his outward stares lol. But his character is so complex that ZZH tied all the mannerisms well into LFY. And of course those treat of a smile is just so heartwarming. He has such a contagious smile and when he does it literally lights up his entire face. 

There are so many giddy moments between the couple that it is hard to just pick one. Even when they are not together they still think of each other. So they are connected even if separated:)

Welcome to the thread!  It's so nice to see this webdrama  gain so much love and so many new or rare posters posting on the thread because they enjoyed LoYX so much!   I also loved JJY's interpretation of Yun Xi.  She made Yun Xi so adorable, intelligent, empathetic and capable without making her stupid or annoying like so many "cute" heroines.

I was re-watching some scenes again (because I'm still not over this drama) and yet another thing I love about this couple is they are so tactile with each other:wub:  Even though the kissing and love scene were rather tame they are very touchy-feely with lots of holding hands, hugs, leaning on each other and snuggly moments and, of course, the (in)famous koala jump :D

I finally brought myself to finish the series, and omg :bawling: :heartbreak: I seriously haven't cried watching any shows until now. I watched Ep 49 and 50 but I think they should have just left it at 48 with the ambiguous ending...like someone mentioned before, you take it as you like it and I'd like to think they were happy re-united! 

On 8/31/2018 at 4:03 PM, rhaps said:

Anyway, I like the 1st Season.I think the 1st Season is decent as an idol drama ( I mean, this  is a REALLY IDOL drama, so expect some illogical things, like a supposed to be poor girl and her poor family living in a big luxurious house with fancy dresses ) . Still, I like  the chemistry of ZZH-LYT, and the story is quite interesting too. Plus, I like the narration with the animation that happened in the beginning of every episode.

It's ok so far but you're right about things being illogical: 1) how does the OTP fall so deeply in love after a few days?; 2) why is Merxat just like Gu Qishao here, but even more obsessive and annoying?; :lol: I liked Li Yi Tong as Huang Rong (interestingly,  I think JJY would also make a great HR if there's another remake...so probably in 2020?! LOL), but I'm not feeling her in this series...Anyway, just need to kill some time before Zhao Ge comes out! 

On 7/14/2018 at 8:44 PM, Jackie1048 said:

I am from the generation that the best Legend of Condor Heroes ever made is the one that was produced by HK-TVB in 1983.

The recent one in 2017 is pretty good. The actor who played Huang Yaoshi in the 2017 is the same actor who play Yang Kang in the 1983.

YES ;D '83 LCH is my favorite version and it was nice to see Michael Miu again in the 2017 remake, but I prefer him as Yang Kang. 

On 7/15/2018 at 1:53 AM, yueyyo said:

Is that the one with Barbara Yung as the female lead?   I loved that one and JJY, who is Yun Xi, reminds me of her acting in this drama.  They are both tiny in stature but pack a punch with something in their acting that makes things that normally seems silly looks rather charming when they do it, like doing the koala maneuver as mentioned by @40somethingahjumma.

I totally agree.  I haven't seen them in any drama before but they are great together here.

OMG yes, I think the same. JJY did remind me of Barbara Yung's Huang Rong.  

----

I personally prefer the original ending over the 2 epilogues, I kind of find that there wasn't much of a difference except subtle details and whether viewers prefer sad or happy. I couldn't watch it full because the Gu story and political stuff weren't as compelling to me. I ended up skipping and only watching the OTP b/c I thought they were so sweet and cute to not see :D

I really like the OST of this drama and the costumes. I'm stuck with listening to this on loop. It would be really cute if they sang this a duet live. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xekew4nshbs

On 8/28/2018 at 9:08 AM, anonymouschic said:

I can't think of its relevance but why include it is their thing so i just think that it's there for possible future development. It's bloody bonkers.:D

P.S. I don't have any other drama that i follow right now. I'm thinking of starting to watch Meteor Garden 2018 but for the next period drama i am eyeing Ashes of Love. Can anyone please share their list of dramas that they’re watching?:heart:

Try Switch of Fate.  It is rather good.

On 8/28/2018 at 2:26 PM, missnymeria said:

Ashes of Love is excellent! Highly recommend it. It's gorgeous to watch and the story is top-notch. Male lead is super competent and uber-focused on the heroine. 2nd ML is also a layered, complex character. Heroine is a delight. Perfect mix of romance/intrigue/humor/intense drama. 

Read the novel which is completely translated  Love it.  Hopefully the drama adapt most of the storyline.

I agree with you sissy @triplem 

remember when Yun Xi’s adopted father.. Imperial doctor Han Song An asked his son in law Long Fei Ye.. “Your Highness do you want to take over the world?”

Long Fei Ye’s answer was like one of the most highlighted quote he has in this drama.. 

“I promised Yun Xi that I will be with her forever”

He. Him. Long Fei Ye.. the only one who deserves the throne... choose to fullfil his promise to his beloved wife, Han Yun Xi... and that promise, he keeps it even after he learned about her ‘death’. The Ocean Plum summer retreat is undoubtly the only place he will spend the rest of his life.. mourning forever in sadness and intense loneliness.. painful love.. he lost his real parents, his beloved adopted mother and now his wife.. that is too too cruel for him..

Fortunately... this hero has done so many great things in his life.. as well as overthrown the thyrannical Emperor Tian Hui.. his ‘older brother’ and of course his good karma is awaits for his grand reward... his wife is still alive.. thanks to the magical tribe bangle... and while he was out of focus of daydreaming about Yun Xi... VOILA there she is picking flowers so beautifully like she knows he will come..

Happy Ending in the novel means happy ending it is..  the ending choices they gave us is a way to keep the anticipation and excitements of this drama prolonger as much as it can... 

hhmm I think all the veterans fans in Chinese dramas know this hehehehe.....

screen-shot-2018-08-24-at-9-42-00-pm.png

the most lovely moment of the wedding is Long Feiye kisses Han Yun Xi’s hand..

for THE Long Fei Ye, this is like...I love you more than I love my self....

if they have a daughter.... 

Spoiler

Dexahl8UEAAX11V.jpg

*me... still can’t move on 

14 hours ago, raziela said:

Welcome to the thread!  It's so nice to see this webdrama  gain so much love and so many new or rare posters posting on the thread because they enjoyed LoYX so much!   I also loved JJY's interpretation of Yun Xi.  She made Yun Xi so adorable, intelligent, empathetic and capable without making her stupid or annoying like so many "cute" heroines.

I was re-watching some scenes again (because I'm still not over this drama) and yet another thing I love about this couple is they are so tactile with each other:wub:  Even though the kissing and love scene were rather tame they are very touchy-feely with lots of holding hands, hugs, leaning on each other and snuggly moments and, of course, the (in)famous koala jump :D

Thank you!

Well, I got my husband started on this drama. He has never ever watch a drama but I told him he needs to watch Legend of Yunxi with me. And now he's addicted to it. When I watched it by myself I did skipped parts of the Emperor and his clans because of course my attention is solely on our couple. But after watching with my husband again, I find the side of the palace politic and backstabbing each other fascinating yet funny at some parts because their plan usually crumbled before them. Prince Qin always have that one chess move ready to play.

What I truly treasure about our couple is the way they fall in love. There were no unnecessary bickering, nor any temper tantrum throwing at each other. The slow pace of their relationship make it realistic and we understood how they got from point A to point B. The baby steps they took as we journey along with them to their second wedding. I didn't mind the lack of kissing scenes. Because the way LFY love Yunxi in his LFY's way is indeed more precious to me. The back hug, holding hands, the forehead kisses and the head patting are enough to satisfy my simple heart. Not to add, the way he looks at her. When it comes to Yunxi, LFY has an abundance of sweet and gentle side that rear its head. His love for her knows no boundaries.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

I know this is crazy , but I put off watching the finale for quite a while but I finally did it tonight. And I watched the epilogues as well. I think at the end of the day they did intend for Yun Xi to be alive. Even without the epilogues , the bracelet lighting up when she was dying , and her feeding Qi Sao an antidote in his semi-conscious state and subsequently removing the bracelet from his care were hints that she somehow survived. I think the dissatisfaction on my end comes from the lack of explanation about the whereabouts of her physical remains.  I can accept the whole bit of her spirit being protected by the bracelet, but what did Qi Sao do with her body? He obviously thought she was dead - pouring wine at the top of the mountain - a common way to pay respects for the deceased. So if her body was recuperating somewhere, he would not have done that. The so called "sad ending" is easier to rationalise  . But as I can't bear the thought of our handsome Fei Ye living a life of celibacy :lol:, I'd like to think he really did hug her at the end.

If you are still looking for the epilogues, alot of videos on YT are not accessible. You can check it out on this IG account:

eps 49

Reveal hidden contents

eps 50

Reveal hidden contents

As to the rest of the story, looks like right to the very end, the Emperor still did not get the reason for his downfall. But at least he did do one thing right by setting the consort and her brother free.  And as for QS, I did pity him at the end. It must have been beyond painful watching the woman you love sacrifice her life for another man, and even in her dying breath refuses to be your lover in her next life.  Apart from that ,   I really feel that it's such a waste FY did not become the emperor. TJ feels too young and inexperienced , and it is ridiculous  to have FY moping the rest of the days. This is also another reason why the ending needed to be better explained.

Nevertheless, in spite of the ending, I really loved this drama . The OTP chemistry and connection had a lot to do with it. I enjoyed watching Fei Ye's change - YX melted the Ice Block bit  by bit with her wit and her warm heart. There was something about the way his face lit up and the way he smiled when they were together. ZZH' Fei Ye had this way of looking at her like she was the only person in this whole world that mattered.  Sniff , I will miss this OTP. 

The ending part where QS wants Yunxi to be his maid in the after life, I chuckled. I don't know, I pity him in a sense because his love for her is so one sided. I actually like their relationship though. she basically zoned him in a way that there were no room for anything romantic between them. First it was the friend zone, then got to best friend and she ends it with a family zone lol. But love is love...QS can't help he fell in love with Yunxi.  

ZZH said in one interview that Yunxi is married to him but is dating another man lol. 

As I am rewatching the drama with my husband...every time when ZZH smiled, I kept on saying he's cute. And the part where Yunxi said she will try to find the antidote for his Gu Poison and LFY gave her this beautiful smile. My husband turned to me right away waiting for me to say that LFY is cute lol. 

I am OK with the ending. I am taking it as a possibility there will be a second season if they chose to have one. Whether he is dreaming of hugging her, she hugged back. So a hug is a hug. And they get to spend that moment at a place he promised her they would spend it together for the rest of their lives. 

6 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

Reveal hidden contents

Dexahl8UEAAX11V.jpg

So agree, I thought him kissing her hand was so sweet!

When rewatching it, I find that ZZH was cast perfectly for this role - he looks very icy and intimidating and strong, but when he starts to like her, you can see his eyes soften a little bit more every time he sees her and then he breaks out in a smile, you can't help but smile with him. I'm watching Demon Girl now (and getting so irritated at the storyline and most of the characters!) and he plays such a cheery and nice guy but I prefer the Prince Qin look. :love: 

17 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

can somebody tell me how to move on from this CRACKTASTIC drama?

this drama is indeed took my heart by storm..... ottoke :bawling:

I don't know either. The chemistry is hard to forget. For me to find such connection is rare that is why it's not something that is easily forgotten. I've seen dramas that have better materials in everything but the chemistry is not enough for me thus i forget about them. 

And yes, this also took my heart away.:heart:

11 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

remember when Yun Xi’s adopted father.. Imperial doctor Han Song An asked his son in law Long Fei Ye.. “Your Highness do you want to take over the world?”

Long Fei Ye’s answer was like one of the most highlighted quote he has in this drama.. 

He. Him. Long Fei Ye.. the only one who deserves the throne... choose to fullfil his promise to his beloved wife, Han Yun Xi... and that promise, he keeps it even after he learned about her ‘death’. The Ocean Plum summer retreat is undoubtly the only place he will spend the rest of his life.. mourning forever in sadness and intense loneliness.. painful love.. he lost his real parents, his beloved adopted mother and now his wife.. that is too too cruel for him..

Fortunately... this hero has done so many great things in his life..

Oh. Beautiful words! No one can move move on that easily given such things. We are human beings not some emotionless thing or robotic stuff that you can switch on and off the connection or emotion. We will get over it one day for sure but i love that i'm not the only one who's not in a hurry to move on.:heart:

16 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

can somebody tell me how to move on from this CRACKTASTIC drama?

this drama is indeed took my heart by storm..... ottoke :bawling:

Thanks for the videos you are sharing.  I really love this one!  This colour palette is suits them!

13 hours ago, Yui. said:

I personally prefer the original ending over the 2 epilogues, I kind of find that there wasn't much of a difference except subtle details and whether viewers prefer sad or happy. I couldn't watch it full because the Gu story and political stuff weren't as compelling to me. I ended up skipping and only watching the OTP b/c I thought they were so sweet and cute to not see :D

I really like the OST of this drama and the costumes. I'm stuck with listening to this on loop. It would be really cute if they sang this a duet live. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xekew4nshbs

I confess I did tend to skp over a lot of the idiot Princes's various machinations and schemes and soemtimes had to skip over some of the medical and poison zombie scenes as they creeped me out :ph34r:

I didn't watch the bonus endings after everyone's underwhelmed reactions.  I'm just going to go with the original drama ending and convinced it was happy ending for our OTP.  They deserved it after everything they went through.

12 hours ago, triplem said:

I know this is crazy , but I put off watching the finale for quite a while but I finally did it tonight. And I watched the epilogues as well. I think at the end of the day they did intend for Yun Xi to be alive. Even without the epilogues , the bracelet lighting up when she was dying , and her feeding Qi Sao an antidote in his semi-conscious state and subsequently removing the bracelet from his care were hints that she somehow survived. I think the dissatisfaction on my end comes from the lack of explanation about the whereabouts of her physical remains.  I can accept the whole bit of her spirit being protected by the bracelet, but what did Qi Sao do with her body? He obviously thought she was dead - pouring wine at the top of the mountain - a common way to pay respects for the deceased. So if her body was recuperating somewhere, he would not have done that. The so called "sad ending" is easier to rationalise  . But as I can't bear the thought of our handsome Fei Ye living a life of celibacy :lol:, I'd like to think he really did hug her at the end.

If you are still looking for the epilogues, alot of videos on YT are not accessible. You can check it out on this IG account:

eps 49

Reveal hidden contents

eps 50

Reveal hidden contents

As to the rest of the story, looks like right to the very end, the Emperor still did not get the reason for his downfall. But at least he did do one thing right by setting the consort and her brother free.  And as for QS, I did pity him at the end. It must have been beyond painful watching the woman you love sacrifice her life for another man, and even in her dying breath refuses to be your lover in her next life.  Apart from that ,   I really feel that it's such a waste FY did not become the emperor. TJ feels too young and inexperienced , and it is ridiculous  to have FY moping the rest of the days. This is also another reason why the ending needed to be better explained.

Nevertheless, in spite of the ending, I really loved this drama . The OTP chemistry and connection had a lot to do with it. I enjoyed watching Fei Ye's change - YX melted the Ice Block bit  by bit with her wit and her warm heart. There was something about the way his face lit up and the way he smiled when they were together. ZZH' Fei Ye had this way of looking at her like she was the only person in this whole world that mattered.  Sniff , I will miss this OTP. 

The ending was a bit disappointing and vague but I think I'm used to being disappointed by C-Drama endings by now and this wasn't even the worse one I've seen (sadly).  LFY never wanted to be Emperor so I understand why he didn't take the position.  He just wanted justice for his people and to get rid of the current corrupt dynasty.  I don't think it's a waste as I imagine he will still have an advisor role for Tang Li but he's, thankfully, away from all the stuffy machinations and backstabbing of the Court.  I do worry for Tang Li and Ning Jing but I think we saw TL mature a lot over the course of the drama and the fact he managed to hold his own against the courtier in the final episode was an indicator that he will be able to manage the Court.  He and Ning Jing obviously love each other very much so hopefully he can keep refusing a consort and they can have children.  After all they are still very young and its only been a year since they married.

I love your description of how LFY smiled and looked at Yun Xi.:heart:

10 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I agree with you sissy @triplem 

Fortunately... this hero has done so many great things in his life.. as well as overthrown the thyrannical Emperor Tian Hui.. his ‘older brother’ and of course his good karma is awaits for his grand reward... his wife is still alive.. thanks to the magical tribe bangle... and while he was out of focus of daydreaming about Yun Xi... VOILA there she is picking flowers so beautifully like she knows he will come..

Happy Ending in the novel means happy ending it is..  the ending choices they gave us is a way to keep the anticipation and excitements of this drama prolonger as much as it can... 

hhmm I think all the veterans fans in Chinese dramas know this hehehehe.....

Reveal hidden contents

Dexahl8UEAAX11V.jpg

I loved the moment he kissed her hand on their wedding night :wub:  I have to believe it was a happy ending.  The idea of LFY spending the rest of his days in mourning in their little retreat is too sad to contemplate.  

Awww that little girl is adorable and really looks like she could be their daughter.

9 hours ago, ash1999 said:

Thank you!

Well, I got my husband started on this drama. He has never ever watch a drama but I told him he needs to watch Legend of Yunxi with me. And now he's addicted to it. When I watched it by myself I did skipped parts of the Emperor and his clans because of course my attention is solely on our couple. But after watching with my husband again, I find the side of the palace politic and backstabbing each other fascinating yet funny at some parts because their plan usually crumbled before them. Prince Qin always have that one chess move ready to play.

What I truly treasure about our couple is the way they fall in love. There were no unnecessary bickering, nor any temper tantrum throwing at each other. The slow pace of their relationship make it realistic and we understood how they got from point A to point B. The baby steps they took as we journey along with them to their second wedding. I didn't mind the lack of kissing scenes. Because the way LFY love Yunxi in his LFY's way is indeed more precious to me. The back hug, holding hands, the forehead kisses and the head patting are enough to satisfy my simple heart. Not to add, the way he looks at her. When it comes to Yunxi, LFY has an abundance of sweet and gentle side that rear its head. His love for her knows no boundaries.

Right! I love how they showed the gradual progression of their relationship which was helped by their awesome chemistry.  There are too many dramas I've watched where I am told the couple are supposed to be in love but I am still trying to figure out how and when it happened.   How could I forget to mention the back hug, forehead kisses and head petting and, yes, the way he looks at her and she looks at him?  *sigh* I miss this couple :tears:

8 hours ago, ash1999 said:

The ending part where QS wants Yunxi to be his maid in the after life, I chuckled. I don't know, I pity him in a sense because his love for her is so one sided. I actually like their relationship though. she basically zoned him in a way that there were no room for anything romantic between them. First it was the friend zone, then got to best friend and she ends it with a family zone lol. But love is love...QS can't help he fell in love with Yunxi.  

ZZH said in one interview that Yunxi is married to him but is dating another man lol. 

As I am rewatching the drama with my husband...every time when ZZH smiled, I kept on saying he's cute. And the part where Yunxi said she will try to find the antidote for his Gu Poison and LFY gave her this beautiful smile. My husband turned to me right away waiting for me to say that LFY is cute lol. 

I am OK with the ending. I am taking it as a possibility there will be a second season if they chose to have one. Whether he is dreaming of hugging her, she hugged back. So a hug is a hug. And they get to spend that moment at a place he promised her they would spend it together for the rest of their lives. 

You and your husband watching Legend of Yun Xi together sounds so funny and sweet :D  Yeah, GQS love was soooo one-sided it was a bit embarrassing at times.  He never stood a chance for even a second - not even when LFY and YX were divorced.  YX always makes it very clear it's only LFY in her heart even in her dying breath.

5 hours ago, taragreen said:

When rewatching it, I find that ZZH was cast perfectly for this role - he looks very icy and intimidating and strong, but when he starts to like her, you can see his eyes soften a little bit more every time he sees her and then he breaks out in a smile, you can't help but smile with him.

ZZH does such a good job of LFY's subtle softening towards Yun Xi.  He's definitely my favourite 'ice cube' actor and character i've watched.  He is so good at tiny gestures and movements.  One of my favourites is when LFY picks up Yun Xi from the Palace after she heals the bratty princess and he asks in an indirect way if she missed him and Yun Xi is her adorable, oblivious self and just talks about missing the food at home and you can see LFY is a bit disappointed just from ZZH subtle eye movement.  It makes re-watching their scenes so fun to see his little mannerisms compared to Yun Xi who is obviously a lot more openly emotional and expressive.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

One of my favourites is when LFY picks up Yun Xi from the Palace after she heals the bratty princess and he asks in an indirect way if she missed him and Yun Xi is her adorable, oblivious self and just talks about missing the food at home and you can see LFY is a bit disappointed just from ZZH subtle eye movement.  It makes re-watching their scenes so fun to see his little mannerisms compared to Yun Xi who is obviously a lot more openly emotional and expressive.

Omg, you are my other other lost twins, look what I was about to post:

Add me to the can't move on club.  

I was rewatching some happier episodes and this was the moment I know he has fallen for her.  He went to bring her home after she had been at the palace treating the princess's condition.  He must have missed her and thought to asked what else she missed about home and his face says it all when she was oblivious to his bait and did not named him in the causes for her longing to go home.

Asking like a hopeful man in love:

IMG_1698.jpg

Cold shower of disappointment:

IMG_1703.jpg

Forgot to mention, I have found so many lost twins through this drama that I have lost track of all the names and the how I can identify them:lol:.  

On 8/29/2018 at 11:56 PM, emmaleigh said:

Is it safe to say that HYX was attracted to LFY first? What do you guys think?

I don't know if she was first.  I would say they both made an impression on each other at first fall.  If he wasn't struck by something when they first met and he saved her from falling off that mountain, she would not have been able to dupe the cool and calm LFY with whatever powder she used to get away from him and taking the poison manual with her and he could have used his sword throwing skill to kill her to get back his poison manual when she evaded him in that poisonous fog.  If she wasn't struck by something, as she was getting ready to be a bride and saw the poison manual, she would not have reflected back on that incident and wondered where he was when she thought she was going to die from whatever poisoned condition she had.  But I think it did not become love until he was able to trust that she would not betray him, which partly initiated when she took the poison dart for him when they were pursuing ZY and she in return, started to fall for him because he started to treat her nicer.  

@rhaps, I think YX seems more proactive because in the beginning she had to get close to him in order to comply with the ED's condition before she can see her mom.  Furthermore, as their relationship developed, she shows her emotion whereas he keeps a cold outward appearance while paying the closest attention to her every comfort. It also add to the perception of her being more proactive that she has to do everything herself while he has people at his disposal to carry out the wishes that he would like to be done for her :D.  I would say, they were each other's equal in everything except maybe towards the end when he was not willing to see her suffer being with him given his bleak future then she had to be more persistent in saving their relationship.

16 hours ago, rhaps said:

For no 1, no ..it's not several days. It's actually months. They explained that through conversations between LYT's character and her sister, that she had been hanging out with ZZH's characters for months. I repeated those episodes because they were cute and ZZH was also rather cheerful there :P , so different with Feiye . In fact, I felt weird when I watched L of YX for the 1st time, after watching him with LYT. And he was really different in these 2 dramas. In L of YX, YX is the one who chases her around. Well, they technically are chasing one another, but YX is the one who is more proactive. In Demon Girl, it is him who chases the girl around and wont give up on her.

LOL at Merxat. I'm still okay with him there , but yes, Gu Qishao is better. I just couldnt stand the curly hair :lol:

Ahh thanks for the explanation, I must have missed those convos with sister. I don't pay very close attention unless Ming Xia is on screen :tounge_wink:. Actually, Merxat's character isn't as bad because he actually realizes that because he loves her, he wants to see her happy and will do whatever it takes, even helping his love rival LOL.

One thing I love about LFY's character is how protective he is of Yun Xi - I love all the scenes when he shows up to help her like at the court hearing about her aunt's family medical center, at the general's house when stupid princess wants to cut her, etc. And he always says that she's his wife and no one is allowed to do anything to her....I just :love::blush:. I'm a feminist and progressive, but it's quite manly when he does that. :joy:

Add me to the list of not being able to move on from this drama. 

Archived