[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, rhaps said:

Ohh, I see

I understand. I'm someone who will be mad if my fave novels are not being adapted correctly, because it's disapppointing if we see something you like being changed into something else. Sometimes, I even feel guilty if I like a drama adaptation that deviates a lot from it's source, like L of YX here :P (I read several parts, and honestly I still like the drama better). I'm happy coz the novel fans likes the drama version of Feiye's Mom. 

But, an exception is made for Bloody Romance. I dont feel guilty at all for loving the drama, which deviates a lot from the novel, since the novel is an erotic one *LOL*. 

Anyway, luckily, now there are more producers aware about this , so at least they let fans know beforehand if they make changes. An example is Novoland Eagle Flag, where they announced that they would be making a lot of changes, like the age of characters and the focus of story (toward one character, instead of many). I heard that book fans were still upset, but at least they knew and wouldnt have a false expectation. 

Thanks for the pics! I miss the Emperor *LOL*

sorry if out of topic but is Bloody Romance a good drama?

5 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

P.S. I don't have any other drama that i follow right now. I'm thinking of starting to watch Meteor Garden 2018 but for the next period drama i am eyeing Ashes of Love. Can anyone please share their list of dramas that they’re watching?:heart:

Ashes of Love is excellent! Highly recommend it. It's gorgeous to watch and the story is top-notch. Male lead is super competent and uber-focused on the heroine. 2nd ML is also a layered, complex character. Heroine is a delight. Perfect mix of romance/intrigue/humor/intense drama. 

28 minutes ago, rhaps said:

You can watch it on youtube , epi 49(happy) and 50 (sad). Well..there's not much difference with epi 48, actually ..so it doesnt give much difference between watching or not :P

Thanks, i would like to check on it. haha Actually ive been traumatized since most chinese wuxia drama ive watched had heartbreaking ending. haha and i really preferred a happy ending though but if the story line and actors are good it's tolerable for me even it's not a happy ending haha.

A fanvid to keep this thread going even though the drama has finished already (I still can't fully move on from this drama :lol:)

PS: I have shared almost all BTS and fanmeeting video used in the fanvid below so if you want the full version of them you could check this thread :).

I've just found these pretty bookmarks which contain some lines from the drama. All of these bookmarks are goodies from the drama Weibo. I try to provide from which episode the lines were taken along with the English translation.

Disclaimer: the English translations are taken from the drama, they were not mine, though I made a very little adjustment somewhere :D. The arrangement will mention the episode and translation first then followed by the bookmark pics.

(more pics will be put under spoiler tag)

Episode 17

I am Qin wangfei. The land underneath the sky belongs to the royal family, and the entire residence of Qin wang is my abode. - by Han Yunxi

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3b7vjfkj30fg1hc7cx.jpg

Episode 22

Our Qin wang is very good. - by Han Yunxi

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3b7vzt9j30fg1hcage.jpg

Spoiler

Episode 35

I must save him even if I will lose my life. - by Han Yunxi

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3b7xhdrj30fg1hcdmj.jpg

Episode 15

Regardless, I am still a wangfei. Your Highness, we have to face one another for a lifetime. - by Han Yunxi

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3bmyxyej30fg1hcn5a.jpg

Episode 24

Yunxi, I can’t protect you, I can only set you free. - by Long Feiye.

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3b7yb22j30fg1hcjym.jpg

Episode 09

You’re here, of course I must come. - by Long Feiye

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3bmw22gj30fg1hctef.jpg

Episode 16

I'll sleep here tonight. - by Long Feiye

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3bmxm8fj30fg1hctex.jpg

Episode 11

I want you to be clear about one thing. You are my wife now. You are the wife of Qin wang. - by Long Feiye

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3ew2osij30fg1hcjzq.jpg

Episode 22

I only like one girl. - by Gu Qishao.

006Ok8aUgy1fuh3c21ri9j30fg1hcgry.jpg

@cancergirl87Thanksfor all the goodies :)

On 8/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, emmaleigh said:

Hi everyone :D I’ve been silently lurking until now...

I started watching L of YX b/c was familiar w/ ZZH from his previous drama (Ban Shu Legend).     Loved the chemistry btw ZZH & JJY and their character’s development throughout the show. The storyline/plot was so-so, somewhat intriguing in the beginning and went downhill as we approach the ending.

Reveal hidden contents

What did it for me was when BLMX killed the Poison Master claiming that she’s revenging on behalf of LFY? More like for her own selfish reason, since she overheard the only cure to LFY poison gu was the blood from the heart of the Poison master or his descendant. She was counting on HYX sacrificing to save LFY so that she can live happily ever after with LFY once HYX is gone, how delusional? From there on, I knew the OTP time together was ticking.

The storyline wasn't the strongest but I think it was still enough to keep us interested and had some unexpected twists and turns.  They were smart to have the romance at the forefront and an OTP and supporting characters we cared about.

I've been struggling to find information about the plot to Zhao Ge so thanks for the plot information, ladies.  Hmmm...not sure about that plot and I'm not a big fan of Yu Zheng. But on the other hand: ZZH :wub:, the trailer is very pretty and I was impressed with Li Yi Tong's acting in the episodes I watched of Bloody Romance

Does anyone know anything about Ju Jinyi's next drama (I think it's called  My Swimmer or something)?

On 8/28/2018 at 12:05 AM, cancergirl87 said:

Actually, most of the novel fans rage were due to the major changes of the plot, since you know, the production was called an adaptation while in reality it was not. When the casts were announced for the first time, people of course had their own expectation and since the initial drama stills of ZZH really not captured what should be expected from LFY character, of course there were a few disappointments here and there. However, after seeing the drama in motion and since more and more novel fans accepted reality that the drama was just a spin off instead of an actual adaptation, they too were accepting how ZZH portrayed his own version of LFY.

To be fair, if we really want to take account of the novel fans disappointments for certain characters, they were not only for LFY portrayal, but other characters as well, such as HYX, GBY, BLMX, Long Tianmo, and Mu Qingwu. Again, all of these were caused by the different plot used in the drama. A bit of happy news that most of the novel fans were relieved because LFY's mother in the drama verse was more sensible than the novel one.

I'm glad they came around to ZZH's portrayal.  He did an excellent job as our Long Fei Ye.:heart:

On 8/28/2018 at 2:08 AM, anonymouschic said:

I can't think of its relevance but why include it is their thing so i just think that it's there for possible future development. It's bloody bonkers.:D

P.S. I don't have any other drama that i follow right now. I'm thinking of starting to watch Meteor Garden 2018 but for the next period drama i am eyeing Ashes of Love. Can anyone please share their list of dramas that they’re watching?:heart:

I have had no luck finding a replacement.  I've tried Legend of Fuyao, Bloody Romance, Ashes of Love and dropped all of them. Currently skimming through The Eternal Love which I don't really recommend but is a quick easy watch.

18 hours ago, rhaps said:

I'm just watching Bloody Romance and sometimes rewatching Yun Xi.

Hmmm...perhaps you can try Colorful Bone? It's already aired, and I think it's not as sweet as YX, but, the leads are cute too. The story and conflict is not too heavy, but not too sweet either, just like L of YX. But, it feels more boring in the middle, although it gets better again. And I'm not really interested in the supporting characters, though ..unlike YX. 

Someone else who has watched Colourful Bone!  I have the same review as you.  Sweet OTP but it could have been at least 12 episodes shorter as it was way too draggy in the middle and I did not care about the supporting characters at all.  

been rewatching this drama because I can’t get over it.. 

I’m in love with the character of Long Feiye and Han Yunxi... they are so opposite yet they are made for one another.. I like the way the writer portraiyed Yunxi as a very understanding person.. she isn’t easily get jealous.. even she wanted LFY to be nice to Baili Mingxiang.. well she was intimidated only when she’s drunk lol.. she respects LFY at the highest and she protected him at all cost.. even if that decision can cost her life.. both are loving each other deeper than the atlantic ocean and will die for each other.

LFY in the other hand, is the most righteous man I ever seen in Chinese dramaland.. I mean in reality a human like him never existed.. he’s God-like.. both appearance and personality.. 

to watch his expressions was a fun time for me.. when he lost his guards, especially when it comes to his sweetheart Yunxi, our great and noble Duke of Qin is in dissaray and I enjoyed Xi Feng’s role as the Captain of Feiye Yunxi ship.. hehehehe.... overall they are too too cute..

for Long Feiye who’s been living a gruesome life’s experiences.. Han Yunxi is like the most witty, charming, cute, beautiful and lovely girl he ever met.. not too mention her amazing skill that helped him a huge time in many framing and poison cases..  she is indeed his lucky star.

I believe this is the moment he starts to fall in love with her... it was after they went to the poison mosquito place to catch Yuze...  she took a dagger for him..  and his outraged jelousy was very entertaining to watch.. how Yunxi’s warmth slowly melted the iceberg... lovely!

tumblr_pbfc848LEr1qkcxtwo1_400.gif

when I saw this.. I knew it he has fallen for her... hehehehe....

Hi All! I have never posted in here before but I'm so happy to find a group of people to spazz with so I came out of hiding! 

I found LOYX out of random searching on YT and totally fell in love with it! I'd been looking for a good drama to watch and ran across LOYX and thank goodness for Eng subs! The first few minutes were a little weird and I wasn't paying 100% attention, but then LYF showed up and "had me at hello" - if you know what I mean. 

The story seems simple: cold, aloof guy falls in love with spunky, cute girl and they fight bad guys together...and that is really simplifying it....but I really appreciated that the story line flowed well, the writing was good, dialog was smart, acting was on point, direction/editing/cinematography were well executed. I think LOYX is really a gem that I hope a lot more people will discover, mainly because I really think I love ZZH and want him to do tons and tons more so I can watch him. Hahaha! 

All kidding aside, it really has been a long time since I've liked a drama so much. The last one that I really liked was NIF (side note: I did not realize that ZZH was young Lin Shu until I wikipedia-stalked him!) and NIF 2. I tried watching that Peach Blossom one with Yang Mi but didn't finish it, tried Fu Yao and dropped it after 5 episodes, tried Flame's Daughter and couldn't stand the main girl (sorry if you're her fans!), watched half of Tribes and became disinterested because I wasn't invested in any of the leads, finished Princess Agents and raged for a few weeks...so when I found LOYX, I was so happy that I finally found a drama that really hooked me! 

So I watched to E44, then no more Eng subs, so I went back and watched from E1 so I can soak in all the details, and let me tell you, the 2nd time around was better! I still haven't finished yet because I really don't want this drama to end. I might even rewatch for a 3rd time...which I have never done except for a few of the Jin Yong ones. 

I really love the main leads - their chemistry is off the charts! I also think ZZH did an awesome job as LFY because I really don't think it's that easy to act as a cold and aloof guy. He reminds me of Nicholas Tse in real life and ALSO when Nic played Hua Yuque in Handsome Siblings, but ZZH was actually more consistent in his acting as LFY, and you can pick up little nuances and how his eyes soften just a bit when he's talking to or thinking about HYX. 

Ok, I have rambled on enough. I just came by to tell you all that there's one more person who fell in love with this drama...and with ZZH. =) Can't wait for Zhao Ge...if only to soak in more of handsome ZZH in ancient garb. =)

21 hours ago, taragreen said:

Hi All! I have never posted in here before but I'm so happy to find a group of people to spazz with so I came out of hiding! 

Spoiler

I found LOYX out of random searching on YT and totally fell in love with it! I'd been looking for a good drama to watch and ran across LOYX and thank goodness for Eng subs! The first few minutes were a little weird and I wasn't paying 100% attention, but then LYF showed up and "had me at hello" - if you know what I mean. 

The story seems simple: cold, aloof guy falls in love with spunky, cute girl and they fight bad guys together...and that is really simplifying it....but I really appreciated that the story line flowed well, the writing was good, dialog was smart, acting was on point, direction/editing/cinematography were well executed. I think LOYX is really a gem that I hope a lot more people will discover, mainly because I really think I love ZZH and want him to do tons and tons more so I can watch him. Hahaha! 

All kidding aside, it really has been a long time since I've liked a drama so much. The last one that I really liked was NIF (side note: I did not realize that ZZH was young Lin Shu until I wikipedia-stalked him!) and NIF 2. I tried watching that Peach Blossom one with Yang Mi but didn't finish it, tried Fu Yao and dropped it after 5 episodes, tried Flame's Daughter and couldn't stand the main girl (sorry if you're her fans!), watched half of Tribes and became disinterested because I wasn't invested in any of the leads, finished Princess Agents and raged for a few weeks...so when I found LOYX, I was so happy that I finally found a drama that really hooked me! 

So I watched to E44, then no more Eng subs, so I went back and watched from E1 so I can soak in all the details, and let me tell you, the 2nd time around was better! I still haven't finished yet because I really don't want this drama to end. I might even rewatch for a 3rd time...which I have never done except for a few of the Jin Yong ones. 

I really love the main leads - their chemistry is off the charts! I also think ZZH did an awesome job as LFY because I really don't think it's that easy to act as a cold and aloof guy. He reminds me of Nicholas Tse in real life and ALSO when Nic played Hua Yuque in Handsome Siblings, but ZZH was actually more consistent in his acting as LFY, and you can pick up little nuances and how his eyes soften just a bit when he's talking to or thinking about HYX. 

Ok, I have rambled on enough. I just came by to tell you all that there's one more person who fell in love with this drama...and with ZZH. =) Can't wait for Zhao Ge...if only to soak in more of handsome ZZH in ancient garb. =)

Welcome to the thread:blush:  I think most of us agree with you!  I was like you in my first post in this thread that this drama was a total surprise to me too.  I had no expectations for it, no interest in it and just ended up watching it by accident but it ended up being one of my favourite dramas and OTP in years.

By the way, I will PM the address for the site I watched for the full episodes English subtitled and much better subtitles than YouTube :)

@SeGafanlady: I know how you feel!  It's been a long time where I can watch and re-watch scenes in a drama like in LoYX.  I just love their interactions and how they fall for each other especially the ice cube LFY slowly melting. As LFY's mother said Yun xi was like the sunshine that came into LFY's life:wub:.

On 8/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, missnymeria said:

Ashes of Love is excellent! Highly recommend it. It's gorgeous to watch and the story is top-notch. Male lead is super competent and uber-focused on the heroine. 2nd ML is also a layered, complex character. Heroine is a delight. Perfect mix of romance/intrigue/humor/intense drama. 

It gets tragic but i hope that they will be able to find a remedy for that. I don't expect it actually because there might be a novel where they based it from but i will try to watch it after the finale was aired. Thank you.:)

On 8/28/2018 at 5:13 PM, rhaps said:

Hmmm...perhaps you can try Colorful Bone? It's already aired, and I think it's not as sweet as YX, but, the leads are cute too. The story and conflict is not too heavy, but not too sweet either, just like L of YX. But, it feels more boring in the middle, although it gets better again. And I'm not really interested in the supporting characters, though ..unlike YX. 

Thank you. I googled it but i'm not into the actors although the plot is interesting. This drama is weird because of the zombie plot but everything else attracts you.:)

On 8/28/2018 at 11:49 PM, cancergirl87 said:

A fanvid to keep this thread going even though the drama has finished already (I still can't fully move on from this drama :lol:)

Nope. I haven't moved on from this drama yet and i don't think that it will happen in the near future because i haven't seen another drama that i like yet.:D

22 hours ago, raziela said:

I have had no luck finding a replacement.  I've tried Legend of Fuyao, Bloody Romance, Ashes of Love and dropped all of them. Currently skimming through The Eternal Love which I don't really recommend but is a quick easy watch.

Same here. No luck in finding another one so i just replay the episodes.;)

11 hours ago, SeGafanlady said:

I’m in love with the character of Long Feiye and Han Yunxi...

I do, too! They are love.:heart:

1 hour ago, taragreen said:

but then LYF showed up and "had me at hello" - if you know what I mean. 

I know and i fully understand it! I saw and him and that's it, he gained another fan. And yes, I hope he'll make a lot period dramas too. 

19 minutes ago, taragreen said:

I just saw this on an Instagram account and thought I'd share...sorry if it's been posted

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkX0N1SgJRJ/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

You know, i watch that trailer before i watch an episode of this even until now. Especially when he asked her to move out because it's an assurance for me that the loves her no matter what he says. I love ZZH. And JJY. And their characters here together.:)

@SeGafanlady LFY definitely started to see HYX in a different light after their time in the cave chasing after Yuze and solving that case together.  One of my favorite scene of the OTP was when HYX was absorbed in her story making to report to the ED and LFY came in unnoticed, picking up her scrap papers and reading them out loud.  Only for her to koala jump on him and he gave out a surprised/electrocuted look. I wish that scene was carried out longer after she hopped off of him, both looking awkward after that. Is it safe to say that HYX was attracted to LFY first? What do you guys think?

11 hours ago, taragreen said:

Welcome @taragreen

Glad that you've discovered this gem of a drama. This is one of my favourites this year and I love reading about how people fall in love with YX and LFY. Don't worry, there were plenty of people who raged about the ending of Princess Agents so you're in good company... that's why I don't recommend it despite having loved the leads and most of it. ;) 

I did enjoy the poison side of things too otherwise I wouldn't have even started on it because I'm not really someone who watches historical dramas just for the romance. But the romance being so unexpectedly good and adorable is the cherry on top of the icing.

I've rewatched it 3 times in total. And some episodes more times than I can count. It was cracktastic. 

Ramble away... if you think your post is long... you should really see some of the posts in this thread. ;)

18 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

It gets tragic but i hope that they will be able to find a remedy for that. I don't expect it actually because there might be a novel where they based it from but i will try to watch it after the finale was aired. Thank you.:)

Spoiler

From what I gather, despite all the angst from the epic tragedy, it does have a happy ending. What is 100% sure is that the book does have a HE.

11 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Don't worry, there were plenty of people who raged about the ending of Princess Agents so you're in good company... that's why I don't recommend it despite having loved the leads and most of it. ;) 

Yes, the stupid ending! My bf and I literally simultaneously said "WTF, that can't be the way it ends!" But I did really like the main leads and the one who plays the princess...if you like him, watch Swordmaster movie on Netflix. It's a bit gruesome and bloody, but it's a good movie. =)

Somewhat off topic:

I looked for a post someone posted asking about the drama starring JJY called Mr. Swimmer and can't seem to retrace it.   Anyway, it will be aired on MangoTV of the HuNan starting the 5th of September, Wednesday to Friday, 2 episodes each day.  It also has the emperor in HYX in it.

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

According to this site:

http://www.fansyes.com/Content/20180831/kpjghdrlqdrjk.shtml

In the plot, the hard-to-find Song Cha meets the swimming genius Bai Yongze, and the two sparkle in the fight, but Song Cha is a childhood friend of Bai Yongze's good friend and opponent. How to persist in self and pursue the heart in the test of friendship and love. In addition to the romantic love, the TV series "Mr. Swim" also has inspirational swimming elements, which focus on the pool and tell the story of the swimmers' hard-following dreams.

I might check it out purely to see JJY in a modern drama and nothing to do with checking out those abs at the pool:lol:.

4 hours ago, rhaps said:

@yueyyo, I'll check it out for the Emperor *lol* . The main lead guys looked like teenagers. It's kinda weird after watching JJY with ZZH :p

well in the novel, Long Fei Ye potrayed as a 20 years old who is so remarkably outstanding in everything.. he’s very young, colder than ice, God-like handsome, smart, powerful and cunning..  he was exposed to the cruelty of the world since age 6 years old after his father murdered and stayed in the dungeon prison with his real famiy for that gruesome Dugu poison experiment for 4 years.. he witnessed his mother slayed and killed.. and other things that made him matured much sooner than normal people..  

Zhang Zhe Han (27 years old) doesn’t look like teenager to me at all... 

I think he portrayed Long Fei Ye at it’s best... tall.. lean but muscly and perfectionist... yet I was hoping he can be more even colder and jerker..

Need to read the novel till the end because I can never get enough...

@40somethingahjumma oh nooo that Princess Agent ending again.. I’m still hurt.. but this is chinese drama so I make my own happy ending..

Archived