[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, omiki said:

So that she will be too sick and ugly to go ahead with the wedding. I still don’t fully understand his intentions. He claimed that he purposely ignored her all her life so that his second Wife and Daughter will not bully her too much but I don’t think it achieved the desired effect. On the contrary, it caused the entire household to believe that he did not love her, so it became acceptable to ill treat her. Anyway, Duke Qin realised it when He went back with Yun Xi to visit her family, and taught her evil step Mother and step Sister a few good lessons. It was so satisfying to see them being punished and it was so touching to see him protect Yun Xi from being intentionally scalded.

Personally, I thought it was a weak excuse that he create that poisonous scar on her face because of his promise to Yun Xi's mother to ensure she marries into a normal family and never be involved in palace intrigues. It was quite a small "insult" in Episode 30 when he told Fei Yue he did not think Fei Yue was the ideal husband material for Yun Xi. This is because of his close proximity to a throne and furthermore he knew the Emperor is losing favour with his people which meant that there is an opening for Fei Yue to take over the country. Fei Yue ensured him that he will choose Yun Xi over a kingdom.

Is there a second lead guy?? Since the titled is about Yun Xi, maybe there is no second lead?? 

4 hours ago, Wotad said:

Is this not subbed anywhere.

YouTube.

3 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Personally, I thought it was a weak excuse that he create that poisonous scar on her face because of his promise to Yun Xi's mother to ensure she marries into a normal family and never be involved in palace intrigues. It was quite a small "insult" in Episode 30 when he told Fei Yue he did not think Fei Yue was the ideal husband material for Yun Xi. This is because of his close proximity to a throne and furthermore he knew the Emperor is losing favour with his people which meant that there is an opening for Fei Yue to take over the country. Fei Yue ensured him that he will choose Yun Xi over a kingdom.

That is weak!!! I wondered it seems her mother is not dead??? 

1 hour ago, rosierosie said:

Is there a second lead guy?? Since the titled is about Yun Xi, maybe there is no second lead?? 

YouTube.

That is weak!!! I wondered it seems her mother is not dead??? 

yeah im watching subs but apparently its a open ending so im annoyed :(

Unfortunately, Yun Xi's mother is dead while trying to save the young Fei Yue. Empress Dowager lied to Yun Xi to get her to "cooperate" with her as she is starting to doubt whether Fei Yue is the actual Long Fei Yue as she previously ordered for the house where the actual Long Fei Yue lived to be set on fire.

Fei Yue had wanted to save Yun Xi the pain of the truth but she was jeopardizing his whole being that he had no choice but to tell her the truth about her mother and his true identity that he is a Prince of the former dynasty as well as a man made "zombie". 

When it comes with open ending, I always picked the parts I love best. It is like self editing of the drama in my mind. You keep the memories of the good parts only.

20 hours ago, visiopeia said:

OMG! @thunderman1 got season 2 ????

I wish! I just think of it as open ending. :)  Some interpreted it as if she died.. but I see it as a an open ending and I'll leave it as that. The OTP has great chemistry.. i wish it received more reviews but Legend of Fu Yao timing really ruined it.

In the ending trailer the duke is with Yun Xi's sister it seems? what there. 

4 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Unfortunately, Yun Xi's mother is dead while trying to save the young Fei Yue. Empress Dowager lied to Yun Xi to get her to "cooperate" with her as she is starting to doubt whether Fei Yue is the actual Long Fei Yue as she previously ordered for the house where the actual Long Fei Yue lived to be set on fire.

Fei Yue had wanted to save Yun Xi the pain of the truth but she was jeopardizing his whole being that he had no choice but to tell her the truth about her mother and his true identity that he is a Prince of the former dynasty as well as a man made "zombie". 

When it comes with open ending, I always picked the parts I love best. It is like self editing of the drama in my mind. You keep the memories of the good parts only.

How did it end? im watching the subs but dont mind spoilers. 

10 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

I reckon that you've already seen the series until the end. I did watch the ending but it's without english subtitle so i just feast my eyes on the leads. Thanks for the additional informations.

This is a nice perspective! Thanks for saying it here. Chinese period dramas are beautiful but very few have a happy ending so what you said really helps.

6 hours ago, thunderman1 said:

I wish! I just think of it as open ending. :)  Some interpreted it as if she died.. but I see it as a an open ending and I'll leave it as that. The OTP has great chemistry.. i wish it received more reviews but Legend of Fu Yao timing really ruined it.

I think the duke seeing the duchess at the end picking flowers is real and not a dream so even if it's just a very short scene of them it's still great because it showed that they're together. And prior to that scene, the woman who gave medicine to Gu Qishao i think was the duchess so i really think that she didn't die. I maybe wrong though because i did watch the final episode without english subtitle.

2 hours ago, anonymouschic said:

I reckon that you've already seen the series until the end. I did watch the ending but it's without english subtitle so i just feast my eyes on the leads. Thanks for the additional informations.

This is a nice perspective! Thanks for saying it here. Chinese period dramas are beautiful but very few have a happy ending so what you said really helps.

I think the duke seeing the duchess at the end picking flowers is real and not a dream so even if it's just a very short scene of them it's still great because it showed that they're together. And prior to that scene, the woman who gave medicine to Gu Qishao i think was the duchess so i really think that she didn't die. I maybe wrong though because i did watch the final episode without english subtitle.

Thats what a open ending is you decide if she died or not but based on them doing that scene at the end i think she lived

Let me recount the great husband qualities of our Long Fei Yue.

1. Even though he was diverted from the first wedding ceremony, Fei Yue always accepted that Yun Xi is his wife. It was cleared when he told her that they needed to entered the palace to thank his royal relatives. He reaffirmed that when he warned Princess Chang Ping on who Yun Xi is. As the Chinese has a saying, "even you do not give the monk the due respect, you must give the due respect because of Buddha".  

2. Long Fei Yue saved Yun Xi numerous times. From falling into the water to assassins. He pop up almost like a "genie". Furthermore, he smiles because of Yun Xi that even Xi Fong noticed it too. Every time, Yun Xi is hurt or drunk, he remains by her side.

3. At the 3rd Mother's case, he makes the grand entrance at the magistrate reaffirming once again Yun Xi's status as his Duchess. Yun Xi actually sorted Xi Fong's help but Fei Yue overheard her request and came personally to help her.

4. Anybody counted how many times that Yun Xi jumped onto Fei Yue and his expression every time it happens is such a delight to watch. It looked like he got electrocuted when she did that.

5. Fei Yue is pleased with her loyalty when she started to make up "fake" news to report to the Empress Dowager that even he found it so amusing.

6. At General Mu's poison case, Fei Yue once again reaffirmed Yun Xi's status as his wife and Princess Chang Ping got another scolding.

7. Yun Xi even managed to improve her relationship with her own mother in law by getting the Empress Dowager to come begging for a rare herb that the Consort Dowager owns. Yun Xi got her revenge from her mistreatment under Princess Chang Ping by giving her deadly case of severe rash.

8. My favourite is Yun Xi's return to her maternal home. The treatment she got from them almost had them all beheaded when Fei Yue witnessed the mistreatment for himself. He again reaffirms that Yun Xi is his wife and that he had no desire to take another sister in. He even saved Yun Xi from being scalded. It was also the first time they shared a bed and he found out what a terrible sleeper Yun Xi really is. Fei Yue also learns that it was Yun Xi's mother who was the one who saved him.

9. I actually disliked Bai Li Min Siao as she imposed an emotional burden onto Fei Yue by "sacrificing" herself to be the Poison Maiden in order to treat Fei Yue's zombie poison.  She did that in hope that Fei Yue will love her. You cannot blackmail someone to love you. Great scene in Episode 17 when Yun Xi got drunk, jumps onto Fei Yue, kissed him and dragged him to the room to make "babies". Later, Fei Yue will teased Yun Xi on the "making babies" incident and Yun Xi's reply was she had not prepared for it yet.

10. The Consort Dowager also have to give in when it is obvious that Fei Yue loves Yun Xi and she has no plans to obstruct their relationship. Mother in law and daughter in law's relationship improves as they both gang up on Empress Dowager. Yun Xi knew by that time Empress Dowager lied about her mother being alive.

11. Of course, there is a whole dilemma that Yun Xi had one parent who saved Fei Yue's life and one who literally destroyed it. Yun Xi's adopted father literally told that he did not think Fei Yue is the ideal husband material for Yun Xi. Both fathers accepted the fact that our couple really loved each other. 

12. Bai Li Min Siao had Yun Xi's birth father killed so she can later kill Yun Xi for her blood to cure the zombie poison. Stupid of Fei Yue for noble idiocy to take the blame for it. But Yun Xi found out the truth but Fei Yue's zombie worsen. Yun Xi learned from Bai Li Min Siao the way to cure Fei Yue but was banned to pursue it by both Fei Yue and Qi Siao

13. Lovely to watch the actual wedding where Fei Yue kissed the sedan door this time and a real wedding night. Poor Yun Xi was sneered by Princess Chang Ping, by her own sister and Bai Li Min Siow because Fei Yue did not do it the first round.

This is my list of happy memories. Those who wants to watch a faithful husband that comes with an actual happy ending I will recommend "The General and I".

@Jackie1048 wow.. i love the way you write about the whole series.... i give you a big big "LIKE" 

4. Anybody counted how many times that Yun Xi jumped onto Fei Yue and his expression every time it happens is such a delight to watch. It looked like he got electrocuted when she did that. Yes, everytime she jump onto him.. he will just stunned.. sudden shock.. he looks cute...

5. Fei Yue is pleased with her loyalty when she started to make up "fake" news to report to the Empress Dowager that even he found it so amusing. Yeah! he even give a laugh.. gosh.. the way he smile able to kill me... hehe

006Ok8aUgy1fsxl6tlwgqj31kw11xe83.jpg

006Ok8aUgy1fsxl6u1j6fj31kw11xkjo.jpg

No second lead syndrome :joy:this time also a best part of this drama .

(But I feel sad for him )

After waiting for a long time this drama really gives us good Result.

This is fate and the most beautiful meeting of our lives

Don't hate the heavens,  

A smile suits your face much more..... 

Archived