[Mainland Chinese WebDrama 2018] Legend of Yun Xi 芸汐传

sugarplum892

Awww ep 15 when Duke Qin finds out that Yunxi's mother 

Spoiler

died saving him :(. Such a sad scene. 

They are so cute!!! The leads have great chemistry, I can't stressed this enough!!! Hope they can do another drama soon!

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler question regarding episode 1 & 2.

Spoiler

Yun Xi on her way to her wedding, then coughed blood on the bracelet, then transported to a magical world of medical books and plants, at this stage,  she has the scar on her face. In the following scene, when she finally made it to her wedding and faced the mother, there is no scar. She said the herb cured her, but then she didn't drink the herb medicine right? Didn't her father mess with the medicine? What happened to her? Cured in the magical world?

Hey, this isn't a bad drama at all... ending not withstanding... I've only had a bit of a peek but the couple dynamic's pretty good and the palace intrigue's not too bad. I love contract marriage plots and this one's shaping up to be better than decent.

The best thing about what I've seen is definitely the female lead, Yun Xi. Smart, cheerful and glib. And the best part... she takes the Prince out of his comfort zone. LOL. I adore her Koala manoeuvre... the bit where she leaps into his arms and clings on to him like a koala. It's one of those rare occasions where I like the female lead more than the male. I like him too... he's a great character but she's a wonderful combination of cheerfulness and intelligence.

I'm  not really sure why Long Fei Ye's title has been translated Duke. He's officially the Emperor's brother, the son of a former Emperor... he is a wang ye... so he should be a prince. Yun Xi is wang fei... not a Duchess but a Prince Consort. The Wikipedia entry got it right. In fact, he is yet another... 4th Prince! Heh. 

It doesn't look like Viki is subbing this which is a shame because the YT subs are really woeful... I'm surprised that anyone can understand much from them. Watching RAWs for me might be the way to go.

3 hours ago, donggunjihye said:

Spoiler question regarding episode 1 & 2.

Hide contents

Yun Xi on her way to her wedding, then coughed blood on the bracelet, then transported to a magical world of medical books and plants, at this stage,  she has the scar on her face. In the following scene, when she finally made it to her wedding and faced the mother, there is no scar. She said the herb cured her, but then she didn't drink the herb medicine right? Didn't her father mess with the medicine? What happened to her? Cured in the magical world?

In the end, the "encyclopedia" of poison medicine taught her to use acupuncture points to cure the poison scar.

On 7/14/2018 at 7:28 AM, rosierosie said:

I heard of Legend of the Condor Heroes; but haven't watch any. Any remake you recommend?

I am from the generation that the best Legend of Condor Heroes ever made is the one that was produced by HK-TVB in 1983.

The recent one in 2017 is pretty good. The actor who played Huang Yaoshi in the 2017 is the same actor who play Yang Kang in the 1983.

14 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

I am from the generation that the best Legend of Condor Heroes ever made is the one that was produced by HK-TVB in 1983.

The recent one in 2017 is pretty good. The actor who played Huang Yaoshi in the 2017 is the same actor who play Yang Kang in the 1983.

thanks, I'll  check it out.

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hey, this isn't a bad drama at all... ending not withstanding... I've only had a bit of a peek but the couple dynamic's pretty good and the palace intrigue's not too bad. I love contract marriage plots and this one's shaping up to be better than decent.

The best thing about what I've seen is definitely the female lead, Yun Xi. Smart, cheerful and glib. And the best part... she takes the Prince out of his comfort zone. LOL. I adore her Koala manoeuvre... the bit where she leaps into his arms and clings on to him like a koala. It's one of those rare occasions where I like the female lead more than the male. I like him too... he's a great character but she's a wonderful combination of cheerfulness and intelligence.

I'm  not really sure why Long Fei Ye's title has been translated Duke. He's officially the Emperor's brother, the son of a former Emperor... he is a wang ye... so he should be a prince. Yun Xi is wang fei... not a Duchess but a Prince Consort. The Wikipedia entry got it right. In fact, he is yet another... 4th Prince! Heh. 

It doesn't look like Viki is subbing this which is a shame because the YT subs are really woeful... I'm surprised that anyone can understand much from them. Watching RAWs for me.

Where do you watched the raw episodes? Please pm me. Thank you!

i watch it subbed up to episode 18 and want to find out the ending. 

6 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Hey, this isn't a bad drama at all... ending not withstanding..

Nice to read your post in a more light hearted drama.  After Princess Agent, I couldn't stomach another C drama for fear of another PA like ending.  I would have settled for this kind of ending for PA in a heartbeat:D.  This drama is actually kind of helpful to wash away the bad memory of PA since the male lead is cold like YWY and HYX was courted by GQS while being married to the duke or 4th Prince, but unlike CQ, her feelings are unambiguous and indisputable.  

4 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Legend of Condor Heroes ever made is the one that was produced by HK-TVB in 1983.

Is that the one with Barbara Yung as the female lead?   I loved that one and JJY, who is Yun Xi, reminds me of her acting in this drama.  They are both tiny in stature but pack a punch with something in their acting that makes things that normally seems silly looks rather charming when they do it, like doing the koala maneuver as mentioned by @40somethingahjumma.

9 hours ago, rosierosie said:

The leads have great chemistry, I can't stressed this enough!!

I totally agree.  I haven't seen them in any drama before but they are great together here.

Here is a sample of their chemistry behind the scene:

6 hours ago, hot_hot1975 said:

Where do you watched the raw episodes? Please pm me. Thank you!

i watch it subbed up to episode 18 and want to find out the ending. 

I've been watching everything on YT... so far... but I'm not as far ahead as you are. ;) I just swapped the captions option from English to Chinese. So much better. :D

2 hours ago, yueyyo said:

Nice to read your post in a more light hearted drama.  After Princess Agent, I couldn't stomach another C drama for fear of another PA like ending.  I would have settled for this kind of ending for PA in a heartbeat:D.  This drama is actually kind of helpful to wash away the bad memory of PA since the male lead is cold like YWY and HYX was courted by GQS while being married to the duke or 4th Prince, but unlike CQ, her feelings are unambiguous and indisputable.  

I won't disagree. ;) I have no problems with open-ended ending if done well and since there's already quite a bit of lovey dovey, I can even handle a sad ending if the show can justify having one. The problem with PA was the lack of affectionate scenes and so we will never get to see the OTP become a couple. Unless we get a second season.

I really like the lead actress in Legend of Yunxi... she is the perfect choice for the role. She's so good in the role that she outshines all her contemporaries in the drama. But honestly she's better than most of the older popular leading ladies.

just found out about this cdrama yesterday and did a marathon of 17 eps since it's soo good!! it's been awhile since i found a good cdrama and so glad i found this one. hopefully the rest of the episodes will continue to be as good. 

btw can someone tell me when the episodes are released each week and how many per week? thanks

Aww ep 18 was so good. I like Yunxi interactions with Qi Shao, and seeing Duke Qin jealou lmao. He is cute when he is jealous!! Lmao when the other couple, Duke Qin's understudy and his soon to be wife....she tied him up :D so funny. It is wrong but so funny because he cried....poor guy. At the end of ep 18, looks like Duke Qin is turning into a demon?? He is poisoned with poison Gu, how did that happened or did I missed it? I read some spoilers that Yunxi's blood can cure him??? Awww so sad Yunxi and Duke Qin Fei Yei have misunderstanding, but she will understand like he said...it's for her own good.

Oh my... so the actor playing Prince Qin (Zhang Zhe Han) was the younger version of Lin Shu in NiF! No wonder he looked familiar.

Binged watch a whole bunch of episodes the last couple of days because I was hooked. What the heck... I might as well say this... I like this show somewhat more than Fu Yao. Fu Yao's biggest selling point is Ethan undoubtedly but this show has a number of things going for it. Maybe it's the way the contract marriage is written. I'm such a sucker for that trope... especially being privy to how the male lead falls for the female. In this case, it goes both ways. And the give and take is gorgeous. But mostly it's the way Yunxi's story develops and how she becomes embroiled in palace politics with Prince Qin. It does feel that her father's fears for her does have a fair bit of justification. The palace intrigue is not bad actually and rather more complex than initially meets the eye. There are several agendas operating and they all intersect at various points. The emperor and empress dowager are suspicious about Prince Qin's identity and generally trying to curb his power and influence where possible. He obviously has his revenge agenda. Then there are the fiendish experiments to create poison-based superhuman killer puppets using children which is downright appalling. The Crown Prince over eagerness to keep his head above the water makes him an easy prey for ambitious individuals who want a foothold in Tian Ning politics. Gu Qi Shao might be sweet on Yunxi but he can be ruthless as much as the next person to achieve his goals. Then there's the princess from Xi Qiu who who is now Consort Qing to the Emperor with her own revenge plot. Of course there's also the usual bickering amongst the consorts in the inner palace... the one upmanship between the Empress Dowager and Consort Yi is always a hoot.

The focal point of poisons in these relationship dynamics is a fascinating one. I don't know the last time I actually saw an entire drama devoted to use of poisons. Medical dramas are plentiful to be sure but one where poison is the driving force behind the couple dynamics and the role it plays in politics is certainly more unusual. I would say that because it is mostly a medical drama with palace politics interspersed in it that makes this a must-watch for me.

Although I think that ZZH's portrayal of LFY/Prince Qin is somewhat uneven, his interactions with YX are generally delightful. There's always something very attractive about watching a man fall for a woman that's almost his exact opposite in personality... against his better judgment, against his will. :D LFY has a lot at stake and a myriad of reasons not to trust easily but watching her disarm him little by little with her liveliness of spirit and glibness is the sort of thing I live for in these dramas. Her unerring optimism, cheerfulness accompanied by natural intelligence is precisely the antidote for the bleakness of his existence. There's nothing new about that trope of course but it's nice to see it done well here.

I am a little surprised that not more people are watching because I'm really quite taken by our smart, gutsy female lead but admittedly the quality of the subs are inconsistent. Not as bad as I had thought initially when I took a peek at a couple of episodes but obviously problematic in some episodes.

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Oh my... so the actor playing Prince Qin (Zhang Zhe Han) was the younger version of Lin Shu in NiF! No wonder he looked familiar.

Binged watch a whole bunch of episodes the last couple of days because I was hooked. What the heck... I might as well say this... I like this show somewhat more than Fu Yao. Fu Yao's biggest selling point is Ethan undoubtedly but this show has a number of things going for it. Maybe it's the way the contract marriage is written. I'm such a sucker for that trope... especially being privy to how the male lead falls for the female. In this case, it goes both ways. And the give and take is gorgeous. But mostly it's the way Yunxi's story develops and how she becomes embroiled in palace politics with Prince Qin. It does feel that her father's fears for her does have a fair bit of justification. The palace intrigue is not bad actually and rather more complex than initially meets the eye. There are several agendas operating and they all intersect at various points. The emperor and empress dowager are suspicious about Prince Qin's identity and generally trying to curb his power and influence where possible. He obviously has his revenge agenda. Then there are the fiendish experiments to create poison-based superhuman killer puppets using children which is downright appalling. The Crown Prince over eagerness to keep his head above the water makes him an easy prey for ambitious individuals who want a foothold in Tian Ning politics. Gu Qi Shao might be sweet on Yunxi but he can be ruthless as much as the next person to achieve his goals. Then there's the princess from Xi Qiu who who is now Consort Qing to the Emperor with her own revenge plot. Of course there's also the usual bickering amongst the consorts in the inner palace... the one upmanship between the Empress Dowager and Consort Yi is always a hoot.

The focal point of poisons in these relationship dynamics is a fascinating one. I don't know the last time I actually saw an entire drama devoted to use of poisons. Medical dramas are plentiful to be sure but one where poison is the driving force behind the couple dynamics and the role it plays in politics is certainly more unusual. I would say that because it is mostly a medical drama with palace politics interspersed in it that makes this a must-watch for me.

Although I think that ZZH's portrayal of LFY/Prince Qin is somewhat uneven, his interactions with YX are generally delightful. There's always something very attractive about watching a man fall for a woman that's almost his exact opposite in personality... against his better judgment, against his will. :D LFY has a lot at stake and a myriad of reasons not to trust easily but watching her disarm him little by little with her liveliness of spirit and glibness is the sort of thing I live for in these dramas. Her unerring optimism, cheerfulness accompanied by natural intelligence is precisely the antidote for the bleakness of his existence. There's nothing new about that trope of course but it's nice to see it done well here.

I am a little surprised that not more people are watching because I'm really quite taken by our smart, gutsy female lead but admittedly the quality of the subs are inconsistent. Not as bad as I had thought initially when I took a peek at a couple of episodes but obviously problematic in some episodes.

What I like about YX is her personality of showing sincere affection to Duke Qin, I can't count how many times she jump to hug him, that's just so cute, or the way she gets so happy to see him and is jealous when another girl is near him. Their love is just so pure, and you can tell Duke loves and likes her even though they were arranged to marry each other. Their personality synced with each other.

59 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

If you tell me which episode it is, I can help you.

I don’t remember the exact episode but she left the house of Prince Qin and stay at Feng Shao (second male lead).  I think it after episode 25 on

34 minutes ago, hot_hot1975 said:

I don’t remember the exact episode but she left the house of Prince Qin and stay at Feng Shao (second male lead).  I think it after episode 25 on

PM me and let me know where you saw episode 25 onwards.

@rhaps Hello dear! It's been a while.

It could be the translation programme that the subbers are using. I noticed that in the first three episodes Qin wang was translated into "king", "duke" and "prince". :lol: But "prince" should be the right term here. If he were the emperor's nephew or other kind of relative not in direct line for the throne, "duke" or "marquis" might have been okay. 

王 (wang) = prince

公 (gong) = duke

侯 (hou) = marquis

Archived