[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I agree: it gives a better and more positive feelings.:lol: The atmosphere  on set look warm and comfortable. Maybe they are just very anxious because of the event: the pressure might be high even when success seems guarantee, and their personal  expectations are also probably weighing on them.

Great to see the threads fill up without most posts by that crazy you know who. Love all the stunningly beautiful pics - they do grow on you, don't they? COMFORTABLE is the main vibe I got watching. Congeniality. They were walking a fine line for this initial interview, crossing all the T's and dotting all the I's to appeal, appease, to quell any negative sentiments. SHS and PSH not holding hands or even smiling like a couple is all part of that challenge - it will warm up over time, her hair will grow longer (although she's absolute perfection now), and people will look back and wonder why all the fuss way back when.:phew:

On 8/26/2017 at 10:11 AM, titania1000 said:

Is it me or is this pic really sexy and suggestive?:o

It's just you, girl. You need to sit down and breathe through some paper bag while watching episode 1.

3 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Thank you for the translation!! You were so quick!!!:heart:

You're welcome @titania1000 You may notice about two dozen Korean news articles chopped up from this one interview event. I put everything in one spot for more concentrated experience.

One final comment. Shin HyeSun the actress really showed something new yet again in this interview. She has matured so much even in a few months' time, but it's as though she had been ready for a long time, as if she already belonged. Hard to take our eyes off every little thing does when she's on the screen even on the corner. What a cool privilege to watch an actress blossom like this before our very eyes, overflow with quiet confidence yet still the comfortable girl next door, although as always, she'll be the bit crazy girl next door. My life is complete.:expressionless:

Well this is 50 episode weekend drama. The last time I watch one was Five Children which basically was the  breakout drama of Shin Hye Sun. So I don't mind. As long as the story,  the flow of the drama the acting, well written, I'll watch. Thanks for all presscon updates, chingus @meechutts @titania1000

20170829150020422zkig.jpg  It's her smirk. :wink:

She's already sold the viewers and begun the completion of repair of his image. Looking at her now, I will go out on a limb and say again that the writer and KBS were lucky their first choice for female lead (not Shin HyeSun) turned it down. I do not see how any other actress at this time could fill the big shoes her role demands. (personal opinion of @meechuttso not from article)

박시후,'신혜선 첫 이미지, 생각처럼 차갑지 않았다' - PSH, SHS first image - 'was not cold as expected'.

Pic from http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170829150020804?f=m

I like  Shin HyeSun so much I will watch the first episode. But even before the scandal I was not a Park Si-hoo fan. I still loved Family Honor even though I was not drawn to him as the lead actor or the role he played for that matter. That show had so many different story subplots going on and so much about the lead lady, that he wasn't for me that important as a main focus point.  So I will give it a chance. I know a person is innocent until found guilty, but because men who are powerful in showbiz are easily prone to descend into sleaze I am still holding back from fully accepting him.

21 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Full session, mostly translated transcript by @meechuttso

24:15
Q: for SHS + PD
        SHS: First starring role for SHS, feelings?
        PD : strength of this drama compared to 'My Daugher SeoYoung'? ('MDS')

25:40
PD - MDS was a different drama and this one can be similar in some respects to that one, but I think there's one thing that's common to them both - and that is, that the central story does not overshadow (sacrifice) the peripheral stories ... the main stars' stories do not sacrifice the support actors' stories, but rather harmonize one another well. So each one's 'color' is painted clearly, so that a variety of viewership is gained - this commonality they definitely share, I believe, ... to that end trying hard.

12 hours ago, maddymappo said:

That show had so many different story subplots going on and so much about the lead lady, that he wasn't for me that important as a main focus point.  So I will give it a chance.

Hi @maddymappo Glad you are going to be with us at least for 1 episode. I think there will be something for everyone, and this one seems to be targeting a younger audience demographic, so we'll see. But I sure hope none of the Seo siblings (boys) also get entangled with the Choi family daughter - even in Five Children that got tiring.

English subbed Trailer 2 - KBS world a week after the original broadcast has subs.

On 29/08/2017 at 6:33 PM, meechuttso said:

Full session, mostly translated transcript by @meechuttso

Actors Intro Upto 22:00

LTH
SW-H role - SJA's friend who's a man (not BF)

It seemed somewhat subdued, but then I don't normally watch these interviews so I can't compare. Enjoy. Even if you don't understand a word of it, just watching Shin HyeSun will make your day. :love: What screen presence she has already. She's so cool now.:heart::joy: This is going to be an outstanding success.

thanks very much @meechuttso again for the translations! I don't understand Korean at all, but it seems LTH emphasised the name of his role is Seonwoo-Hyuk, not Seon-WooHyuk. Other than your earlier translations from other news article, I didn't read other news that got the name right. Even KBS World page got that wrong:joy:

http://kbsworld.kbs.co.kr/program/program_view.php?pg_seq=1149#

Below is 6-min preview from KBS Drama facebook page. Can be shown successfully?

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

Thank you for the english subbed trailer @meechuttso!

I had a fear that KBS might have abandoned this habit to sub the episodes one week after because it seems that for Father is strange, they are very late. 

People are saying too that since they launched their new joint streaming site in the USA, they might not make the episodes available on You tube.I hope it's not true because i'm not able to watch on Kocowa since it's not my area,  but i still care about  avoiding non legal solutions because i want to support SHS and the cast by adding my view. Fingers crossed that international audience won't be forgotten.     

Legally I cannot watch it in Youtube or other online sites, can only watch it in KBS World channel on TV (it is paid channel as bundle with other Korean/Japanese/Chinese TV programme channels) 

If the time slot is the same as "Father is Strange", at that time I would be watching live football game or not at home:ph34r: Most likely have to watch replay.

Chinese Subs should be available faster than KBS Eng Subs, but you know it is not official...

About the outfits, I really don't like SHS's dress on the left hand side. PSH's suits colour varies in several photos, sometimes looks fine but sometimes a little bit hurts my eyes:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYYq2ndH8tO/?taken-by=susan118_sg

4 hours ago, titania1000 said:

@bisbald2017 It's possible to watch KBS weekend drama for free and legally on their YT channel:  they stream full episodes with english subtitles. Their previous big hits are all here: my father is strange (though not complete: only 38 episodes were translated the last time i checked), five enough, etc... The link to watch is here: https://www.youtube.com/user/kbsworld/playlists?shelf_id=2&sort=dd&view=50

I checked because to suscribe KBS World in my country is quite expensive.

But the channel won't probably be updated at the same time as the show airs, which will be problematic if i want to avoid spoilers: i won't be able to follow this thread then. What to do?:(   

KBS, MBC union workers go on strike, programs halt production

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/08/kbs-mbc-union-workers-go-on-strike-programs-halt-production/

That's not good for our show, not good at all :dissapointed: 

no, what I mean I cannot legally watch it on youtube is that it is not allowed to air in my region. Starting from several months ago, when I click on the full episodes, it goes black screen. That made me unable to finish Five Enough in KBS World YT channel:angry:. Can only view the preview, clips, etc with Eng Subs, just not full episodes....Do you mean it would be updated more than 1 week after the premiere in Korea?

Oh, I know MBC workers will go on strike before, just don't know KBS works will also join. Seems MGL is not KBS own production, production company is Studio Dragon. Will it be affected? 

Translated - 8 different segments (WARNING - spoiler alerts)

1. Needs no translation.

2. Introducing the 4 mains.
SJA - "Why do I do this dirty work? Because it's my lifeline. Leave me be so I can live my life the way I see fit."
Cap - Seo JiAn , 'Always Yes' woman dreaming of regular full time employment status.

CDK - "... When and how was I arrogant to anyone?"
Cap - Choi DoKyung , full-of-self bundle of 'noblesse oblige'

SJS - "Bachelor ajussi to go out of business, his skill is too valuable.... (At SW-H) First time seeing him laugh like that."
Cap - Seo JiSoo , specializes in one-sided love, happy go lucky working part time only.

LTH - "Watching me while hiding here, then while hiding there, chasing me, frustratingly.... totally not my type."
          "You're Seo JiAn! It's me! SunWoo Hyuk!!"
SHS - "You mean you started your business while in college? (Looking at news article) You've matured so well...."
Cap - SunWoo Hyuk , turned off by frustrating women. World's Mr. Cool guy.

3. Accidental Encounter

SJA father - "Know what happens when a lion gets old? Gets kicked out of the zoo. Every father, a man's life is like that of a lion."
SJA mother - "For a man, having money in the house is tops. JiAn will become full timer this time. JiAn said so."

SJA & CDK driving
SJA - "Yes director, on my way, no traffic, can be there in 3 minutes.... What's with him?"
CDK - "Hey you, pull over!"
SJA - "You crazy? What the ... are you doing?" "Ahjussi!" (Addressing him as "older guy!")
CDK - "Ahjussi? About 3 min 46 seconds ago you cut me off and I had to swerve, with great skill avoided collision but my car has been hurt."
SJA - "Director told me not to purchase additional rental car insurance."
CDK - "Think you can handle my car repair? It'll be about $20-30K." (US dollars)
SJA - "Pardon me??"

4. Can a Dirt Spoon have hopes too?
SW-H - "Where do you work now?"
SJA - "HaeSung group marketing team as a contractor."
SW-H - "Contractor?"
SJA - "Till today. Today is the contract to perm conversion day."
SJA - (running) "When I met you yesterday, and that you had made it there as a parachute (unqualified but with parent's influence), tell me why you didn't mention it! (eyes wide at her nemesis)
Nemesis - "Because you could squeal on me, I thought." "Defeatist attitude. Your defeatist attitude because of me."
SJA - "You're so for real, ...." "If you did this, you thought I'll just sit there and do nothing?" (punches her) ....
SJA - "Why should I mind (stoop to) you rich people. If I cowtow to you, are you going to give up your spot?"
CDK - "In front of the company.... Call the police."  (Goes wide-eyed at SJA's head-butt move.)
SJA - (at the police station) "I won't reconcile."
Nemesis father's voice to ??? "Sorry about this business." "But you know, this is how the world is." (As drives off in car.)
SJA - (crying as walking) "Daddy...."

SJA father - "Good personality, faithful at work, good looking, why would they not pick as a full timer a kid like our JiAn? Why not why not!!??"
SJA - "Hey look here, Mr. Sun, you, are you testing my patience?
SJA father - (Drinking with daughter SJA) "Having lived a while, this world's affairs, there's a ripe time for each, and everybody has to come together (touch one another in a timely manner). Always eat when you're supposed to, and if you need a rest, take time off and call daddy. Daddy has money."
SJA - "OK (daddy)."

Cap - Still, fortunate, because Family is there...

CDK - (In his mansion patio) "Refusing my phone call. (She) Pushed the decline button this..."
CDK - (To SJA at scene of accident) "$5K OK. But within 3 days."
SJA - "Thank you! (Bowing low) Thank you!!"
SJA - (At convenience store, hitting forehead) "Crazy, crazy, crazy."
CDK - (To SJS taking pictures of him) "Are you now with that (camera), taking pictures of me??"
SJS - (Getting phone taken away) "Took pictures because I want to have you Ahjussi arrested for your threats." "My sister has no car!"
CDK - "You two sisters sure know how to make somebody speechless."

Spoiler

Seo oldest son Seo JiTae, working at bank, with his GF?
GF  - (Looking towards SJT) "If this number goes to you, shall I let myself get married to him?"
SJA - (Sitting in front of bro SJT not noticing GF coming) "You salary advance, can you get a bit more?" [Because she needs the $5K to pay CDK.]
SJT - "The previous advance, you've already spent."
GF  - "Something going on at home? Your little sis not making full time work, what can you do for her as brother?"
SJT - "I'm the oldest. Need to help come up with the needed amount."

CDK mom and dad
CDK dad - EunSook has been ... alive (all this time)??
CDK mom - (Flashback to her youth with daughter) "Seo JiAn, Seo JiSoo?" (Spying on them taking photo) "Get DNS tests done. Without anyone knowing."

SJA - (Gets her name badge removed with termination envelope, hearing she's fired) "How how could you do this kind of thing? I apologized. Even got down on my knees." (Bows low) "I'm sorry."

SJH - (SJA little brother Seo JiHo, sees her sister stooping and is upset, SJA walks off towards home, shoulders slouched with a backpack.)

7. Seo JiAn is cheeky.

Spoiler

SJA - (Walking home dejectedly, forces smiley face with fingers on her cheeks, runs into CDK coming out of car.)
SJA - "How did you know I live in this neighborhood?" "Just why in the world are you like this to me?" (Raising voice) "Why are you doing this to me, really??!!"
CDK - (Flashback to SJA bowing low to him after rear-ending his car) "When it was $20K you were stooping, but after cutting the price down to $5K, behaving as though it hurt your pride, ... that sure is a surprising skill you have." "If you're not going to pay back $27K, you stop putting on a show (unintelligible word)."

(SJA crying, then enters into restaurant with blue dress on.)

SJA mom - (Introducing to daughter SJA) "HaeSung group's vice chairman, Mrs. vice chairman."
SJA - "How do you know these people, mom?"
SJA mom - "These folks, ... are your biological parents, JiAn."

Spoiler

ChaeBol's daughter?

Caption - What if you were to become a ChaeBol's Daughter ??

SJA - "Have you, not imagined such a thing before?" "That your parents now, are not your parents."
SW-H - "People become affectionate while brushing against one another. And through that affection, become family."

Caption - In your own unique way.

SJA - (Doing various part time work) "You haven't lived as a non-full-time employee, have you?"
CDK - "I will take care (of her), but I won't discriminate (because child of first wife or second wife)." (적서, 적자
와 서자 차별, from ancient Korean custom of discriminating against child of concubines who were not allowed to acknowlege own father or sibings as such.)

SJS - "I got hired at that pastry shop!"
SW-H - "Perchance, have you heard of 'destined to meet again'?"

Caption - Regardless of generation , drama everyone can relate to.

SJA - "Bingo!"

@Cache Sand Thank you. Keep them coming.

Serious spoilers, so be warned. On the other hand these might help the fans here understand Ep 1 & 2 better this weekend , while waiting for translations.

now that we got a clear look at the story my interest is 100% boosted :lol:

if it was a typical weekend makjang, SJS's character would've been the lead (you know the typical happy-go-lucky girl with a tragic life) and SJA would've been you typical villainess (stealing another person's life etc ..). But here we get actually an opposite story, where the lead is the supposed to be a villianess herself, well of course I won't go as far as calling her an evil yet when we don't even what actually is going to happen, but just saying the premises sounds like so, which is I'm happy about :D and I have no doubt SHS will pull it beautifully even making me root for her evilness (if she is one although I don't think so).

also .. "You two sisters sure know how to make somebody speechless." I super loved this part, can we hope for more scenes between these two sisters bonding together :wub: 

20 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Nemesis - "Because you could squeal on me, I thought." "Defeatist attitude. Your defeatist attitude because of me."

Baek Seo-Ee, "MGL" appearance confirmed ... Shin HyeSun's 'Life Rival' Yoon Ha-Jung role

35154_17570_4112.jpg

From http://www.beffreport.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=35154

"My Golden Life" Coming Sept 2, 7:55PM KBS 2TV

Newcomer Baek Seo-Ee weekend drama 'My Golden Life' appearance confirmed.

According to her agency Jellyfish, Baek Seo-Ee will appear in 'My Golden Life'. As lead actress Shin HyeSun's Seo Jian role's 'life rival' (nemesis), she will play Yoon HaJung, her classmate from high school. Born into a first rate 'Golden Spoon' family, a character who has walked on 'solid path', she is also a character of ill-fortune who makes JiAn punt her dream full-time regular employee job at HaeSung Group's marketing team in an instant.

Baek Seo-Ee debuted last year in tvN 'Fight Me Ghost' as a campus goddess whom lead actor TacYeon falls for at first sight. From her first work she received acknowledgment from viewers as 'star potential' for her stable acting ability and pure looking appearance. Following that she appeared in MBC weekday drama 'Golden Pocket' in Geum Se-Na role and added to her brand, for her portrayal of a sassy but not-dislikable younger sister role she received praises for her own steadily improved acting.

Kim JooHyeon reporting - kjkj803@beffreport.com

@meechuttso says, a worthy opponent for Uri Jianny. Bring it on, Baek Seo-Ee (Yoon Ha-Jung YHJ role) !!

138775_130545_0001.jpg

20170901090941654ljfe.jpg

"MGL" First Take - Highlight Video Released - Strong from the Start - "Life Drama" Preview

From http://www.pedien.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=138775

"MGL" Shin HyeSun, new 'can-do-it-all-person'.. "Transformation Beyond Expectation"

From http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170901090942566?f=m

"MGL" Shin HyeSun, Faster than 'Quick Service', "Can-do-it-all OK Girl"

From http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/09/01/2017090100702.html

-

All headlines from articles you need not read if you saw @meechuttso translations of the 6-minute highlight video clips. :phew: I aim to please, exceed expectations like Uri Jianny - how can her fans do any less when Uri Baby's working so hard, right? :sweatingbullets:

9 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

also .. "You two sisters sure know how to make somebody speechless." I super loved this part, can we hope for more scenes between these two sisters bonding together :wub: 

Yeeeessss!

Archived