[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

I am confused, which one is the real daughter, Ji-An or Ji-Soo..........Ji-An looks like the chaebol lady while Ji Soo looks like the mom who raised both of them. Looks could be deceiving. So if Ji-An is truly the heiress then what about Do Kyung, is he not their own blood, is he adopted?? Could be, the Chaebol father is very distant to the point of being cold to the son and it looks as if he doesn't approve a lot of things Do Kyung does.

Also who else cried when Ji-An was calling out for her Appa after leaving the police station. I am proud of her character. So many set backs yet she never once gave up. Hated what the school friend did to her. She is vulnerable just like the rest but knows how to pat herself in the back and look forward. Loved that the whole family showed up to support her. Sometimes, you don't need words, just being there counts as more than enough. Her brothers and sisters regardless of her biological relation to them are kind and considerate.  I have no opinion on the lead guy so far. He has very little screen time for now. Loved Ji Soo and her adorkable little crush on Woo Hyuk, her face literally lights up around him. Both the mothers are strong actors, loved the show down. The heartbreaking part is that this taking in the chaebol daughter wasn't done for money but love. That makes the situation ten times more sad. 

Its  a good show, I hope more people keep tuning in each week. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

{Public Service Announcement}

For those who are missing the :heart: buttons, please proceed to the bottom of the page. There is a Theme button; click on it and choose Default instead of Soompi. There are a few emojis you can choose from, depending on the nature of the post. A Yay or a Nay :grin:

On 9/5/2017 at 2:53 PM, meechuttso said:

SW-H: "At first sight? That, ... doesn't come easy once you're older, it seems." (He's already confessing to her that he had fallen for her at first sight 10 years ago, and that she's his first and only.)

This ship might still sail, at least around the block for a while, folks.:phew:

did he say really say that? I think he never hide his feelings for her but didn't say it out so directly

On 9/6/2017 at 2:46 AM, Ruique said:

SJS cling on CDK could be explained as a brother-sister relationship, but for SWH-SJA contact in the poster, have absolutely no idea why the posture. 

maybe just prepare for any possible twists:ph34r:

16 hours ago, ruzikie said:

i need a romance between Seo Ji Soo and the role of Lee Tae Hwan ASAP !!! xD

not likely very soon if there will be a romance between them. I guess after Ep20...?:D

12 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

I am confused, which one is the real daughter, Ji-An or Ji-Soo..........Ji-An looks like the chaebol lady while Ji Soo looks like the mom who raised both of them. Looks could be deceiving. So if Ji-An is truly the heiress then what about Do Kyung, is he not their own blood, is he adopted?? Could be, the Chaebol father is very distant to the point of being cold to the son and it looks as if he doesn't approve a lot of things Do Kyung does

or Choi Do Kyung was somehow related to the missing of his younger sister? Let's seeB)

Hello chingus. I have watched ep 1 and finding time for ep 2. I think drama pilot episode is good and pairinngs are nice. Been backreading and have not finished yet but coz soompi is still strange i can't like posts here.

There is mystery in the drama and even if the so called intrigue seems to be pointing clues this early it is going to be fun uncovering the whole story.

2 hours ago, mslee said:

Hello chingus. I have watched ep 1 and finding time for ep 2. I think drama pilot episode is good and pairinngs are nice. Been backreading and have not finished yet but coz soompi is still strange i can't like posts here.    There is mystery in the drama and even if the so called intrigue seems to be pointing clues this early it is going to be fun uncovering the whole story.

@mslee as @cadymcbronzie pointed out, Soompi forum changed some stuff is buggy and annoying and we have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Theme' next to 'Contact Us' and select 'Default' instead of 'Soompi v4.2 (default)'. Then all your likes and stuff show up again. Try that. And I agree that there's a bit of a mystery element here, which I hope keeps up for 50 episodes and not just for 20 or so. Too many SHS Young EunSoo fans from Secret Forest can't live without the mystery in dramas anymore.

779022_563341_5611.jpg

'황금빛 내 인생' 신현수, 무릎 꿇은 신혜선 보고 '화들짝' 신혜선 도와줄까?

MGL Shin HyeonSoo (Seo JiHo role) upset at Shin HyeSun (SJA role) on her knees, will he help her?  Watch Episodes 3 and 4 to find out, it says. I wager that he won't actually do anything because the point is that there's nothing the dirt spoons can do.:cry: From http://www.gukjenews.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=779022

The way with a certain amount of coldness they treat Do Kyung, I don't think he is their own blood. There's no warmth. If they lost their young daughter, shouldn't they treat their son better. I have a feeling the chaebol grandfather might have adopted him to keep their company in control. Do Kyung speaks fondly of him only. I don't think he dislikes the parents but there's an emotional distance.

Oh dear this is the first time I've come into a drama when I have watched all the writer's previous works. I think we are going to have a fast paced 12 episodes. Then makjang for the next 30 episodes

The actor playing Hyuk. Sigh. Love the pretty boy to pieces but after seeing him in the last 3 dramas- he better improve in his acting. The writer pulled some pretty heavy secondary romances before. And I liked her pairing. Just hope he does anguished and sad better than the last weekend drama he was in

Am still recovering from seeing how much PSH has changed in 5 years. And still shuddering to see the 1st son in law in Family's Honor sharing the same room with his ex- stepmother in law. 

I don't normally rewatch Kdramas. But the casting this time round plus the writer's previous works... included dramas which I have watched 10- 20 times before. Family Honor ( not this writer) happens to be one of my all time favourite kdrama. And I loved 2 of the cast from there are here And I rewatched MDSY over 10 times. And the in laws there are married here makes me  sslightly disconcerted. Man this is one weird reunion for me. I don't usually remember  so many drama scenes before. But after watching the writers works... and in plotting the timeline according to previous works- makes me worry about the viewers torture when it hits. Cos' it goes on for so long.

3 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Oh dear this is the first time I've come into a drama when I have watched all the writer's previous works. I think we are going to have a fast paced 12 episodes. Then makjang for the next 30 episodes

The actor playing Hyuk. Sigh. Love the pretty boy to pieces but after seeing him in the last 3 dramas- he better improve in his acting. The writer pulled some pretty heavy secondary romances before. And I liked her pairing. Just hope he does anguished and sad better than the last weekend drama he was in

his acting has room for improvement definitely, but only his last weekend drama made me felt WTF:angry::angry:. Watched his other dramas: W-Two Worlds, some scenes in Come back ajussi, and up to Ep 9 of Pride and Prejudice, his acting there were not perfect but still fine to me. The plot, PD, and directors are also big factors for actors' performance. if the whole story is ridiculous like his last weekend drama, even great actors cannot save it. 

I didn't watch many K dramas. The writer wrote several good and successful dramas but from her previous works I only watched some episodes of "2nd 20 years old". Seems nice enough though. I have faith in her that even mediocre acting would look good.

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I think we are going to have a fast paced 12 episodes. Then makjang for the next 30 episodes

Psst, you're breaking rule number one here in this forum.:phew: A 'Legend' should know better than to point out these inconsistencies in plot intricacies.B) Car accident on the day before your 2-year contract-to-permanent-conversion-day with the company heir who happens to be your potential biological brother, and your sister who you thought was your biological twin sister who has a month old crush on the guy who has had a 120 month old crush on you that you just met up again on the scene of that accident?:ph34r: I feel sympathy for the said legendary writer who has to come up with just-so scenarios with each new drama that has to grab the attention of 5million viewers from the first episode, and the previous introduction scenario where our beloved actress was drunk pining over her 7-year one-way crush and gets into the wrong car of none other than her one-way crush's older brother mistaking it for a taxi and swapping phones by accident is not available because that was the weekend drama from the year before on the same channel?:sweatingbullets: I feel everyone's pain.:tears: I'm just here for the unlimited free gifs.:w00t:

15 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

If they lost their young daughter, shouldn't they treat their son better. 

They should, but sadly the remaining sons/daughters are not necessarily treated better in K dramas and also in real world...

42325_62134_4032.jpg

"My Golden Life" Shin HyeSun, Queen of Weekend Drama Presage - 3 hours acting in a downpour.

Receives applause from crew.... :sweatingbullets::wub: From http://www.tvj.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=42325

EDIT: Full translation - "My Golden Life" Shin HyeSun with her hard-at-work acting overflowing with realistic feel gave a preview of her hold of the 'queen of weekend drama' title.
KBS2 MGL team released still cuts of 'pitiful' Shin HyeSun's acting sequences in the downpour.
In the published photos, Seo JiAn (Shin HyeSun) treading on a barren road with no signs of people, without an umbrella as if out of her mind, is getting her entire body soaked with the rain coming down. With her eyes full of tragic-sadness, her rage-filled stares while getting rained on... telling of her desperations.
On a desolate path with no traffic passing by or even a store visible on the way, with her trembling hands she is trying to call someone, raising our curiosity about her situation.
On the 16th of August at the GyeongGi-province Yang-Pyeong shooting location scene, Shin HyeSun, getting rained on for over 3 hours showed JiAn's complex expressions of angst, earning the applause of many a staff members. Even in her break time she was meticulously checking the monitors to bring about a great final scene, it is told.
'My Golden Life' staff said , "This downpour scene was an important one in which 'dirt-spoon' Seo JiAn's raw emotions are exposed," and "especially, Shin HyeSun shocked the drama crew through her knock-out portrayal of JiAn's pitiful-desperation state. Please tune into 3rd episode of 'My Golden Life' to see how this scene perfected through her all-out effort turned out," they relayed.

( @meechuttso says, we are witnessing the Birth of an Actress, but I am not sure why I was compelled to translate this article.:crazy: Guess I'm a sucker for wet-puppies.:unsure: Could be a product placement scene for new water-proof Samsung phones that even a dirt-spoon must not leave home without.)

episode 1 gif

Spoiler
uri heroine
a fighter
g2.gif

cute stalker...

g3.gif

eyecandy stalkee..
lol

g5.gif

lol

g9.gif

g11.gif

g12.gif

ouch! REJECTED!
g16.gif

g17.gif

g18.gif

and they met finally!

OTP???

g21.gif

g22.gif

oopppssss..
uri eyecandy is in the picture.

g23.gif

will they have a happy ending?

g24.gif

:tongue:

No More Sweet Potatoes ! Lee Yoo-Ri , Shin Hye-Sun , KBS weekend drama lead female role changed

from http://sports.chosun.com/news/utype.htm?id=201709050100026490001801&ServiceDate=20170904

2017090501000264900018011.jpg

Spoiler

2017090501000264900018013.jpg

No More Sweet Potatoes ! Lee Yoo-Ri , Shin Hye-Sun , KBS weekend drama lead female role changed

2017-09-04 10:36:38

[sports Chosun - Baek JiEun reporting] KBS2 weekend drama female lead role has changed.

KBS2 weekend drama has always portrayed a warm family setting. Owing to that, without question the lead actress characters have always possessed nice, sacrificial personalities, or regardless of how difficult a trial she was a 'candy' (sweet?) character who doesn't give up. Even looking at last year's broadcasts we can clearly pick out such tendencies. ...Example 1, ...skipped. 2. 'Five Children' An Mi-Jung character (played by So Yu-Jin) after her divorce due to her husband's infidelity she raises 3 children by herself, who with her light-hearted and positive personality overcomes hurdles and succeeds at work and at love. 3. 'Laurel Tree Tailors' Na Yeon-Shil (played by Jo Yoon-Hee) ... skipped. So the KBS2 weekend lead actress' distinctive characteristics were tailored for telling a warm family drama, but even in situations that call for her to say something, she would not be able to say a word, but rather 'grin and bear it', and it's true that she would frustratingly take the blame.

However, recently this KBS2 weekend drama lead female character has changed. (Confronted) with situations, not one to merely tolerate it but rather confronting the trial head-on, and fixing the problem - such 'cider' (as in refreshing, not frustrating) female lead actresses have appeared, reflecting the changed generation, also drawing sympathy from and vicarious satisfaction for the younger generation of viewers.

... Lee Yu-Ri of 'Father is Strange'... skipped...

The one who has taken the baton from Lee Yu-Ri is 'MGL' Shin HyeSun. Shin HyeSun has taken on the role of Seo Jian with a strong competitive nature and fun/lively personality. Befitting of her 'YOLO' character title, Seo JiAn is showing her colorful ('hot') side from the very first scenes. The episode which shows her unrestrained personality was September 3rd Episode 2. In the story ... her college 'friend' Yoon HaJung 'parachuted in' to her position ... Seo JiAn ... lets her fist fly. And "kill you and I die, then it's over," .... [we know all this already now]
[YOLO = you only live once]

Such an appearance by Seo JiAn made the viewers feel happy (jubilant). Yoon HaJung's excuse that simply because she's a 'gold-spoon' she can take from someone else, and Seo JiAn's 'vengeful/killer strength' to confront HaJung over her shameless sense of entitlement, is clearly different from previously seen KBS2 female leads. Not cowering to her situation and letting her fists fly in the face of injustice, JiAn's gutsy-ness was more than sufficient for the viewers to anticipate the contrarian (unexpected) and action-filled future episodes.

In what new ways the changed KBS2 weekend drama lead actress will cause fun, stormy winds is gathering attention.

silk781220@sportschosun.com

:naughty:

@meechuttso

I think it is rrefresing to watch strong female characters especially if the story background is from an average family where there is harsdship in life. True Lee Yu Ri has been one if the reasons why FIS gained viewers like her co actors had said during their farewell interview at the last shooting day.

It will be another fun ride to watch how SHS as Seo Ji An will be able to connect to viewers with her interesting character. The nice part is that SJA although tough has her gentle side when interacting with her family. She also knows how to be humble when she knew she made a mistake. Like in ep 1 when she and DK had a slight car accident. She never pretended otherwise but owned up to it even if she had no money to pay for it. 

:)

Well, one thing that has been bugging me for sure. I hope Myung Hee does one additional DNA test. It would be too stupid to rely on the mother who basically never gave your child back for some weird reason. I hope if Ji An is declared the lost chaebol heiress, they do it properly with a DNA test confirming her identity. I'd be pretty mad if they stupidly assume who is the right heiress identity here.

Archived