[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

'My Golden Life' Shin HyeSun, Seo EunSoo, 'Real-Sister-like Chemistry Explosion'

Hot off the presses

DH9xxhbUwAARYwh.jpg

'My Golden Life' Shin HyeSun, Seo EunSoo, 'Real-Sister-like Chemistry Explosion'

From

http://www.kbs.co.kr/tt/m/news_view.php?mgz_seq=297755
http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0002951426
http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20170824081639856?f=m

2017.08.24 8:11AM

[Herald POP=Lee HoYeon Reporting] Actress Shin HyeSun and Seo EunSoo turn into 'Beagle Sisters' team.

Coming September 2nd to be first broadcast 'My Golden Life' (So HyeonKyung writer / Kim HyungSuk producer) published on the 24th still captures showing Seo JiAn (Shin HyeSun) + Seo JiSoo (Seo EunSoo)'s real-sister chemistry.

Shin HyeSun has taken on role of HaeSung Group's marketing team 2-year contractor 'Seo JiAn'. No-money, no-back, no-luck 3-nothing ('3-time-loser'?) woman who for a chance at a full time regular employee position becomes a 'Yes girl' who would not spare her liver or gall bladder. To this woman who hits rock bottom in life, as if by fate a miraculous chance to turn it around presents itself, but she is about to face a host of unexpected set-backs.

Seo EunSoo is reborn as JiAn (Shin HyeSun)'s fraternal twin (younger) sister 'Seo JiSoo'. With her 'have-nothing, need-nothing' content disposition and a humdrum resume, she has been doing part time work for many years, a happy-go-lucky part-timer. With her only twin sister JiAn entering into the ChaeBol (rich family) sphere, she finds out about her birth secret and is about to be thrown into confusion.

The still caps released with this backdrop shows JiAn walking home with her slouched shoulders, along with JiSoo waiting night or day for such a sister nevertheless. Seeing JiAn, hair half tied, carrying an oversized check pattern bag, we can get a glimpse of why she was called a 'girl crush' in high school. But in JiAn's expression you can see her stress and worries from a tiring day at work, making us curious what's up with her.

On the other hand, JiSoo, with her long doe-like neck craning towards JiAn's direction, has her radars on to spot JiAn. As if her already round eyes opened even wider and focused to find her sister JiAn is causing a different muscle to fail, her mouth is half agape causing us viewers to smile.

In particular our gazes drift toward JiAn, trying to find out the identity of the person who had called her, avoiding JiSoo's nosy interference. These fun scenes, showing the 'Beagle sisters' who won't stop their picking on one another for even a moment, are building our expectation for what type of real-sister chemistry they will show us together.

MGL crew says, "Shin HyeSun + Seo EunSoo, showing their sticky affection together, are in fact showing real-sister chemistry even on the set in real life. You can definitely raise your expectations for their close sticky-rice-cake synergy together."

Following KBS 2TV 'Father is Strange' drama, this new KBS 2TV weekend drama 'My Golden Life' which will blow warm breeze of family love to your family room theater, will debut broadcast on September 2nd at 7:55pm.

popnews@heraldcorp.com

Some new info there. B)

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DH9_Y9wV0AAgmq9.jpg

DH9_kVLUAAIBFrx.jpg

DH9_lKRUQAQPPCW.jpg

DH9_k5xVYAEdaCz.jpg

Oh, but You had me at 'Dirt-Spoon'.:wub: Dirt-spoon Eye Candies.:tounge_xd::thumbsup::thumbsup::tounge_wink:@meechuttso approves. SHS's weight loss over the last two years adds to her 'malnourished dirt-spoon' aura. Viewers can hardly contain their dirt-spoon sympathy, or maybe even pity - look at those bird legs and baggy top.:sweatingbullets::flushed: These Korean drama PD's are quite ruthless at manipulating our simple emotions, aren't they? PSH in his role (ChaeBol heir and his noblesse oblige and all that) will be completely without defense against that. Such a tired old theme but so endlessly meat and potato we want for supper every weekend. Brace yourselves, @titania1000 and all you genre-piece preferring kdrama fans - you are about to be hit with ajumma fan fury.

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

but this hurts my eyes! Why Kbs?:cry:

DIAa3RyVwAAHAxq.jpg

Is that any better, @titania1000  ?

ROFL after I had posted about 'you had me at dirt....'. This sucks much of the oxygen out of the room for some? Personally, it's soo unexpected, unabashedly in your face, I kind of like it just for its sheer chutzpah. It's definitely not anything we've seen Shin HyeSun do before. She's stumped us yet once more, already.

It is a bit too in your face, though, and I'm not in favor of it being the main poster for this drama, certainly not yet, until I see he rest.

Let's give it a few days and see. :expressionless:

Oop! In the group pic, Seo EunSoo (Seo JiSoo role) is next to PSH (Choi DaeKyung role), hinting that her so called birth secret is probably tied to being close kin or long lost daughter / sister to the ChaeBol family? I hope not. That would be a bit makjang-like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgoeWiHCX4

Eng subbed second trailer.

5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Oop! In the group pic, Seo EunSoo (Seo JiSoo role) is next to PSH (Choi DaeKyung role), hinting that her so called birth secret is probably tied to being close kin or long lost daughter / sister to the ChaeBol family? I hope not. That would be a bit makjang-like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfgoeWiHCX4

Eng subbed second trailer.

Hahahahaha, After a long time be a silent reader, today I have to register because the same thinking with you. Normally, The main role in  center of poster and their whole family in 2 side. I just wondering why Seo Eun Soo (Seo Ji Soo role) is the younger sister of Seo Ji An standing next to Park Shi Hoo. It's really a big question, right? Anw, just calm down and watching :D

On 8/27/2017 at 3:16 AM, titania1000 said:

@oly40 Thank you for the teaser!

A bit of love for LTH and SJS:wub:

Seo Eunsoo in the 3rd photo looks pretty and innocent. I like her in the drama Duel. Kinda another fav  Park Seyoung. Thanks

How many episodes is this drama?

Full session, mostly translated transcript by @meechuttso

Actors Intro Upto 22:00

CHJ
I will cry alot, please cry with me, it's good for your health.

PSH
A different ChaeBol than ones you've seen before.

SHS
SJA - 3-nothing character

SES
SJS - SJA twin, part timer, simple, free-spirited

LTH
SW-H role - SJA's friend who's a man (not BF)

LTS
SJT role - N-give-up (not just 3

LDI
CSY role - at home obedient girl, outside 180-degrees different

CGH
KNG role - neighborhood bakery owner, ordinary character, some love story thrown in...

SHS (Shin HyeonSoo)
SJH role - like a 'vitamin' to the family, ... having great fun in filming already

22:18
Q: PSH + PD - Some thoughts on PSH's challenges?
22:40
PSH - 5 yrs, has been burdensome frankly, very nervous and trembling
PD  - Some concerns, but not big, doing our best, watch over us

24:15
Q: for SHS + PD
        SHS: First starring role for SHS, feelings?
        PD : strength of this drama compared to 'My Daugher SeoYoung'? ('MDS')
24:45
SHS - In fact, um, am plenty nervous, would be lie if I said no pressure (burden). Of course no matter which role/drama, there's pressure associated with that role and a strong desire (greed) to do well.
25:03
SHS - (Smile), is true that inevitably this time there's an even stronger desire (greed) and pressure (burden) to do well.
25:10
SHS - So making much effort to do well and (looking to her left then right) also the atmosphere at the shoot is so good and feelings are warm, and senior and junior actors all so great, so ... better than I had anticipated, I am able to shoot more comfortably. Please watch over us with love, thank you.

25:40
PD - MDS was a different drama and this one can be similar in some respects to that one, but I think there's one thing that's common to them both - and that is, that the central story does not overshadow (sacrifice) the peripheral stories ... the main stars' stories do not sacrifice the support actors' stories, but rather harmonize one another well. So each one's 'color' is painted clearly, so that a variety of viewership is gained - this commonality they definitely share, I believe, ... to that end trying hard.

27:00
Q: PSH - A different type of ChaeBol? CGH - thoughts?
27:40
PSH - Usually in dramas you have a hunky, perfect image ChaeBol character, and before I received the script had also thought that this is that type of role, but once I got the script and was immersed in the role I realized that this is not a perfect character .... If you're curious for more, ... watch MGL and find out (haha) thank you.
CGH - A reporter had asked what role I haven't played and said 'melo', didn't think it would happen so quick. But I'm already in a love affair (speaking of his real life), and third child born, so ...

30:00
Q: PHS, SHS, LTH, how was working together? First impressions?
30:30
PSH - I get to work together with SHS for the first time,
30:45
(PSH starts to laugh, SHS also holding back laughter) had watched her previous work and she seemed very cold, but when I met her and started working with her, and unexpectedly she was very cool and comfortable to be with ... ate together also, and she's svelte and skinny, so I was thinking she must be hard at her diet with this leading role, ... was eating the manager's rice portion (half a bowl) also
31:32
PSH - She's not really taking care of herself (SHS looks hilarious holding back her pissed off look) , and she's that easy going and at the shoots she made it very comfortable for me ... I think we'll be able to produce an even better work. Thank you.(haha)

31:44
SHS - His first impression of me is a woman who eats (rice) well, it seems. When I first met him, I got that he has a gentle feel to him. And we're shooting, and true his character is a gentle one, but also a bit funny (comic-like) and a bit full of himself also, so ... comical feel was caming out of him. From the first shoot it's been very comfortable and felt like a good fit and
32:28
SHS (looking to her left) - not only senior (PSH) but also all the other co-actors with whom we worked really well and comfortable shooting atmosphere,... it should come out fun.

32:34
Q: Why would you eat the manager's food?
32:37
SHS - Oh that location, yesterday we shot at YangPyong, there were many matjib (tasty restaurants) there so we were eating, but we had not followed oppa (PSH), ... senior (PSH)'s group, but happened to end up at the same place. So we got to mooch off them a bit, but the food (rice) was soo tasty , and this manager kid next to me, had left rice unfinished. And oppa (PSH) was only eating half a bowl also, so... I scraped all the leftovers.

33:10
Q: You can't leave unfinished bowls. Do you not watch your figure?
SHS - When I eat, not that this is a healthy habit, but there are times when I am really hungry and then there are times when I'm not. Those cycles repeat...

33:25
Q: You didn't take food away from others, rather ate what's left. We'll leave it at that.

33:30
LTH - PSH, as noona (SHS) said, he's really gentle. He introduced himself first and felt hyung (PSH, older bro) he's really perfect and cool but as noona mentioned there's a bit of a buffoon in him, which I think is more attractive. Met HyeSun noona about 3.5 years ago when we had worked together on 'HS King of Savvy'. First time seeing her again in 3 years, and as we are friends in the roles, she's so kindly making it comfortable for me and adapting to my acting well also, having a very comfortable time shooting.

34:20
LTH - Myself I get to do many scenes with EunSoo, and as the viewers and the press will find out as you watch the drama, in reality I think their (pointing to SES) personalities are identical. JiSoo (role) and EunSoo (actress) to the extent they can even seem indistinguishable, they're identically good-natured, cute / round?? , bit of a clown, they both are.

34:50
Q: SES - you are bit of a ditzy part-time work only role, in reality what are you like?
SES - I think I am 'snappy' (똑불어진, 'got it together' girl) but people around me call me ditzy. This time a character a bit similar to myself, so having a comfortable time doing it.

35:10
Q: SES - Previously you had more professional roles is this role more difficult?
SES - Rather the previous roles were all challenging. This one ... easier because more like me.

35:35
Q: PSH - His 'clown-like', 'buffoon-like' mannerism. If you had to point to what makes Choi DoKyung character attractive, what would it be?
PSH - ... He's got a lot of money. .... Tries to embody 'noblesse oblige', perceives himself as perfect, but when you get to know him there's some foolishness about him also, but he can be cute also. Multi-faceted, hopefully lovable character also ...

(Sorry, leaving out support actors for now.)

It seemed somewhat subdued, but then I don't normally watch these interviews so I can't compare. Enjoy. Even if you don't understand a word of it, just watching Shin HyeSun will make your day. :love: What screen presence she has already. She's so cool now.:heart::joy: This is going to be an outstanding success.

57 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I saw more pics on twitter and the body language of the two couples are total opposite: SES and LTH are very cute and looks very happy to be here.While SHS and PSH seemed awkward and cold around each other.

It sure looked that way, until I saw the interview. That's why I translated, because you get a different, much more postiive feel.

58 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

i feel like their fashion choice are a little bit off: i

Watch the full video. Everyone looks great, much better than the stills. I hope you can agree :rolleyes:

Archived