[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

so what I get from those stills and previews, that SJS (SHS's twin) likes SWH (LTH), who friend zoned her and actually loves SJA (SHS) who on the other hand friend zoned him and will end up with CDK (PSH) :rolleyes: LOL

SWH will probably end up with SJS (or what was that him catching the hearts from her?!) and I'm actually more happy this way.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

SJA (SHS) who on the other hand friend zoned him and will end up with CDK (PSH) :rolleyes: LOL

Technically, that's a No.:phew: To FZone someone you already have to be in a platonic relationship first with that person, no? So from the article and pics SWY -> SJA, yes, bigtime. SJS -> SWY, clearly. But so far that's the extent, and to the relief of many here I might add, ha ha.:huh: This drama will be the undoing of many of us.:crazy: Welcome to the thread Chingu! B)

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The article said that they went to high school together but he looks younger than her by few years :unsure:

As we know in real life she's 5.5 years older.

5 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Script reading session:

Titania, you've embraced him already:wub: 

4 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

so what I get from those stills and previews, that SJS (SHS's twin) likes SWH (LTH), who friend zoned her and actually loves SJA (SHS) who on the other hand friend zoned him and will end up with CDK (PSH) :rolleyes: LOL

SWH will probably end up with SJS (or what was that him catching the hearts from her?!) and I'm actually more happy this way.

Yeah, the plot always will be going this way.  

A lot of people in the forum say they are here for SHS, and they post repeated unhappiness with the pairing that appears inevitable, some comments subtle, some not.  If you’re really an SHS fan and not a clever anti, I’m not at all saying you should be enthusiastic about the pairing SHS chose; and I hope you expressed your unhappiness to SHS on her social media.  But why keep raining on her and the drama’s parade in an MGL forum, page after page after page (maybe 6 out of 6 already)?  It’s DONE…and by her. 

I am impressed by SHS’s stills, even.  She has a lot of presence.  If SHS/MGL do well, her career will take a big leap.  PSH was lucky for his FH break-out role; here’s hoping MGL will be a similar chance for SHS…if the constant negative drumbeat by her supposed fans doesn’t affect her reviews/viewership.  I hope you really are SHS fans and not clever antis.  Go SHS, despite your fans!!   I’ll check back when MGL debuts, see the forum’s tone and if I want to participate.  My other experiences on Soompi have been very positive.  We didn’t always agree at all (lol), but everyone was “on board” with the drama.  Many commenters here are having a BIG problem with the lead couple .  It’ll be miserable for them and as a result for others on the forum.  If I want fill my mind with negativity, I can read the world news.

(currently watching Live Up to Your Name! Yah!)

I am so happy after that successful of Stranger (Secret Forest) Shin Hye Sun would be the leading actress of KBS drama My Golden Life. As Korean drama fanatics there is only one actress that captivated my attention who is a total package of brilliant actress in the making that is Shin Hye Sun.  So excited to see his new drama with brilliant veterans actors and actress..Bravoo to my number one actress in Asia.

On 8/19/2017 at 11:54 AM, kdyes said:

I hope you really are SHS fans and not clever antis.  Go SHS, despite your fans!!

Bwaahahahaha. That's pretty out there, @kdyes not sure who you think could possibly be a SHS anti here, but fair enough, I appreciate your viewpoint, feedback. We're all just having fun here, and you're right, if I wanted pain I would go to a political news forum.

3 hours ago, GoldieLife said:

one actress that captivated my attention who is a total package of brilliant actress in the making that is Shin Hye Sun.

She does seem to have it all, doesn't she? And I feel like my year long job is almost done - her name as an actress who really brings something different is in the broad public domain now, and KBS is about to capitalize on people's demand for more of her.

3 hours ago, GoldieLife said:

Bravoo to my number one actress in Asia.

Goldie, person after my own heart :heart::phew: Make sure you come visit her page also for undiluted all Shin HyeSun all the time posts.

@titania1000 don't you worry at all that your posts are almost starting to resemble a PSH fangirl - you just keep on going. Love it! :wub:

He looks like a very big boy who is not happy with the portion of party favor candies he got at a birthday party.:rolleyes:

From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1276273

21일 공개된 스틸에서 이태환과 서은수는 엇갈린 시선으로 누군가를 바라보고 있다. ‘황금빛 내 인생’ 제작진은 “두 사람의 엇갈린 시선처럼 얽히고설킨 서지안·선우혁·서지수의 삼각관계가 재미를 배가할 것”이라고 귀띔했다. 

Pic released on the 21st shows LTH and SES both staring at someone but with gazes that do not meet. MGL team says, "Like these two's gazes that do not meet, the tangled web of love triangle between Seo JiAn, SunWoo Hyuk and Seo JiSoo will multiply the fun," they hinted.

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Bwaahahahaha. That's pretty out there, @kdyes not sure who you think could possibly be a SHS anti here, but fair enough, I appreciate your viewpoint, feedback. We're all just having fun here, and you're right, if I wanted pain I would go to a political news forum.

SHS anti?  Not at all.  Was referring to PSH antis. 

So far, the forum defines MGL by SHS' involvement and pointedly ignores or knocks her co-star, as though liking her co-star is somehow odd. This is a first in Soompi forum-land to my knowledge.  This is a forum where what's "ok" has been laid out by implication and directly.  Enjoy talking to yourselves.

Wishing SHS the best!  

52 minutes ago, kdyes said:

Was referring to PSH antis.

Sorry for confusion. I am not one, nor am I aware of any PSH antis anywhere.

52 minutes ago, kdyes said:

pointedly ignores or knocks her co-star, as though liking her co-star is somehow odd. This is a first in Soompi forum-land to my knowledge.  This is a forum where what's "ok" has been laid out by implication and directly.  Enjoy talking to yourselves.

I've not expressed any like or dislike for PSH, nor have I discouraged anyone from expressing their admiration for him. Frankly, and perhaps fortunately, I have no opinions of him as an actor, because I haven't watched but a few moments of his previous work. Open minded about him, though, completely, as you can see from my earliest posts. There is no rule at Soompi forums limiting anyone from starting many other threads of the same title or for the same drama. I happened to have started this early at the first announcement of SHS replacing UEE after she turned it down, but unlike the SHS thread I did not ask the mods to link this to any other pages. This is not an official thread blessed by or started by any moderators, nor do I mind if people who are not comfortable here start another more balanced thread which attracts many more Soompi fans for whatever reason. I did spend time contributing what is fun and worthwhile for me, obviously, and will continue to do so. This may be an atypical drama thread for you, but I am not doing this for any other reason than because SHS is in it. So I am trying to stay positive and also encourage others to do so in contributing whatever content they are thrilled about. But if you don't have a ton of admiration for PSH yourself and don't have the energy or the means to post bunch of articles and comments to 'balance it out' that way, then I would encourage you to refrain from further passive aggressive comments accusing others for ignoring things or people they have no opinions on.

5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Sorry for confusion. I am not one, nor am I aware of any PSH antis anywhere.

I've not expressed any like or dislike for PSH, nor have I discouraged anyone from expressing their admiration for him. Frankly, and perhaps fortunately, I have no opinions of him as an actor, because I haven't watched but a few moments of his previous work. Open minded about him, though, completely, as you can see from my earliest posts. There is no rule at Soompi forums limiting anyone from starting many other threads of the same title or for the same drama. I happened to have started this early at the first announcement of SHS replacing UEE after she turned it down, but unlike the SHS thread I did not ask the mods to link this to any other pages. This is not an official thread blessed by or started by any moderators, nor do I mind if people who are not comfortable here start another more balanced thread which attracts many more Soompi fans for whatever reason. I did spend time contributing what is fun and worthwhile for me, obviously, and will continue to do so. This may be an atypical drama thread for you, but I am not doing this for any other reason than because SHS is in it. So I am trying to stay positive and also encourage others to do so in contributing whatever content they are thrilled about. But if you don't have a ton of admiration for PSH yourself and don't have the energy or the means to post bunch of articles and comments to 'balance it out' that way, then I would encourage you to refrain from further passive aggressive comments accusing others for ignoring things or people they have no opinions on.

Thanks for the background on the forum.  It was helpful.  Since SHS, who you want to showcase and support, has matched up with PSH you may be in for a wild ride once MGL starts.   I hope not.  

Some PSH-antis have visited this forum, but not the hard core.  As background, PSH-antis have been VERY strongly mobilized in the past.  I have thought that this may explain some of his fans amazingly intense support.  I read that PSH sued over 70 netizens last year for libelous forum posts when Neigh Hero ran!   

I didn’t know who PSH was when his scandal hit.  Much later, I saw a few eps of The Princess Man in a Bangkok hotel room.  Great story and great pairing.  I am a fan, but not a FAN.  I follow like I do a number of other actors.   PSH has been extremely fortunate to have had so many excellent co-stars, one after another starting with Family’s Honor.  Am looking forward to SHS!  

On 8/20/2017 at 5:02 AM, titania1000 said:

It struck me  that we barely had pics of our leads together, which seems strange to me:huh: I'm used to promotional material which emhasized the chemistry and the popularity of the lead actors ( like for secret forest) and feels like something is missing there. We don't even have bts pics or vids of them together to help create positive anticipation. It's not like it will ruin the surprises of the plot: we already know how it will end, we are here for the journey. So  KBS should definitely support more the two big stars of MGL and let them shine.^_^

I’m thinking this is intentional so the PSH- antis don’t get mobilized way before MGL even starts.  The antis do not want him on TV or in a romantic co-star role.

I thought it was interesting that in one of the promos SHS calls PSH “Ahjussi” as in “old” and he reacts with shock like he hadn’t thought of himself that way.  Maybe they’re going to ease everyone into the situation and use handsome LTW a bit on the way in... or they’ve got other ideas just in case.

On 19/08/2017 at 9:25 AM, meechuttso said:

As we know in real life she's 5.5 years older.

Titania, you've embraced him already:wub: 

it is easy to make LTH looks older, according to his previous works (W and Father I'll take of you) when his characters were around 30 years old. But then he would look older than SES........

Actually I like all his outfits and hairdo in those released pics from MGL, all suit his real age. LOL

KBS 2TV 새 주말드라마 <황금빛 내 인생> 제작발표회 안내

◆ 일시 : 2017년 8월 29일(화) 오후 2시

◆ 장소 : 영등포구 타임스퀘어 아모리스홀 (5F)

*  영등포구 영등포동4가 442 / 서울 영등포구 영중로 15 / T. 02.2638.2500

◆ 참석자 : 김형석 PD, 천호진, 박시후, 신혜선, 이태환, 서은수, 이태성, 신현수, 최귀화, 이다인

*  참석자는 사정에 따라 변동 가능합니다.

◆ 주요 내용 : 드라마 소개, 하이라이트 영상 상영, 포토타임, 공동 인터뷰(취재/영상)

*  별도의 라운드 인터뷰는 진행하지 않습니다.

KBS 2TV New Weekend Drama <My Golden Life> Announcement Meeting Guide

◆ Time : 2017 August 29(Tu) 2PM

◆ Location : Young-Deung-Po District Times Square Amoris Hall (5F)

Young-Deung-Po District Young-Deung-Po City 4th St 442 / Seoul Young-Deung-Po District Main St 15 / T. 02.2638.2500

◆ Participants : Kim HyungSuk PD, Chun HoJin, Park SiHoo, Shin HyeSun, Lee TaeHwan, Seo EunSoo, Lee TaeSung, Shin HyeonSoo, Choi GuiHwa, Lee DaIn

*  Participants subject to schedule change.

◆ Program : Drama Introduction, Highlight Video Showing, Photo Time, Group Interview (Video allowed)

*  Individual Q & A session not scheduled.

On 8/22/2017 at 3:04 PM, titania1000 said:

Thank you again for all the hard work that you put in opening this thread and keeping it alive!

You made the anticipation so much more fun and easier with  the offficial and non official content that you brought here and the quality translations that you have done for us.B)

I can't say enough how much grateful i am to have you around

tumblr_ov4r44oZ4O1valxs7o5_r1_400.gif Awww, you made my day. Gam Sa Hae Yo!:wub:

20 hours ago, cadymcbronzie said:

@meechuttso You know... the way uri baby said in this context, she really meant YOU! Hahahaha :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDcd5maYZDc

Ha ha I think I'm confusing you, Cady and everyone else by posting to both. I don't mean to turn this MGL thread into a SHS-only one, so go there for some explanation of where @meechuttso came from.

Archived