Quantcast

2017081801001634600118981.jpgWhere did people read that SHS would be paired with PSH?  Many Soompi posts say this, but it looks like it it will be LTW, no?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kdyes said:

Where did people read that SHS would be paired with PSH?  Many Soompi posts say this, but it looks like it it will be LTW, no?

He is the lead, its in every news outlet while LTW is the second lead. This Park Shi Hoo's comeback project. He was the first to sign the dotted lines, Shin Hye Sun boarded the ship way later.

• Like 3

"My Golden Life" Shin HyeSun x Lee TaeHwan, Fantasy-Stimulus 'Girl-Boy BFF'*****

2017081801001634600118981.jpg

From: http://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=201708180100163460011898&servicedate=20170818

"My Golden Life" Shin HyeSun x Lee TaeHwan, Fantasy-Stimulus 'Girl-Boy BFF'*****

2017-08-18 08:23:51

***** See end footnote first

A scene that stirs up everyone's romantic imagination has been captured - Shin Hyesun + Lee TaeHwan's 'Girl-Boy BFF' chemistry. Enjoying a 'convenience store date' while using a problem consultation as an excuse, their appearance is fresh and lively.

KBS 2TV weekend drama MGL... released still shots on the 18th, of JiAn (Shin HyeSun) + Hyuk (Lee TaeHwan)'s BFF-acknowledging convenience store date scene.

'My Golden Life' ... to a dirt-spoon status escape wannabe '3-way nothing' woman, a fake life-changing opportunity 'cheat key' appears, her golden experience that unfolds as a result... cross-generational relateable story family drama.

Shin HyeSun ... no-money, no-back, no-luck, would gladly give her liver or gall-bladder... for full time employment.... As if by destiny ... clutches onto her chance to flip life around,... roller-coaster like experience to be told.

Lee TaeHwan in the drama, runs a a do-it-yourself interior shopping mall, is named SunWoo Hyuk [2-syllable last name, 1-syllable first name, unusual]. Outgoing and agreeable personality, attractive Hyuk, from high school days one-sided crush only JiAn, single-minded faithful guy. A dark-knight by Seo JiAn's side for over 10 years, will showcase his 'man person friend' charm.

The still shots published against this backdrop ... beer-in-hand sweet conversation portrait of JiAn-Hyuk's. This most romantic not-another-like-it 'girl-boy BFF' chemistry fantasy that anyone could surely have indulged in at least once is rousing our boundless imagination and envy.

This look of JiAn asking Hyuk for 1-on-1 advice, regarding Choi DoKyung (Park SiHoo) and her unforeseen car accident, dilemmas at the office, this is the look of JiAn seeking advice from Hyuk each time.

JiAn's expression full of concern clearly written over her face making us curious what is making her confounded. On the other hand, Hyuk, not wanting to miss a single word of JiAn's in rapt attention, and yet unable to hide that uncontrollable rising smirk on his face.

In particular Hyuk's gaze (burning a hole in her face) betraying his overflowing fondness toward his BFF captivates our eyes. To the 'woman person friend' JiAn, whether 'man person friend' Hyuk's feelings are surpassing that of mere friendship, their relationship making us curious.

MGL crew said, "the staff watching Shin HyeSun-Lee TaeHwan's awkward-free, natural BFF chemistry all agreed, 'it would be so nice to have a girl-boy BFF friendship like that', and that their expectations of this couple's 'honey-drip-collab' was met. And looking forward to how these two's BFF relationship story will continue, please anticipate," they relayed.

Airs after 'Father is Strange'... Sept 2nd (Saturday) 7:55pm KST.

supremez@sportschosun.com

***** 'Girl-Boy Best-Friend-Forever' is my interpretation of short form of these literal Korean words 'woman person friend - man person friend', which connotes difference from girlfriend-boyfriend, but not the lack of romance emphasis of a 'not-woman friend - not-man friend' (as in you are not a man to me, just a friend who is male, and vice versa). The phrase 'Girl-Boy BFF' is meant to emphasize the possibility at any given moment of it mysteriously morphing into a romantic relationship, kind of like in 'Fight My Way'?

Sorry for duplicate post of same pic. This longish article made my fingers and toes curl up, so I translated it to see if you agree? As with all @meechuttso translations, you get the full gory detailed nuances of these lonely Korean staff writers with too much time on their hand. B) Either this writer has seen the script already or has a much more active imagination than these two pics call for. :wub: Not that I'm complaining.:phew:

• Like 6

Thank you for the very detailed translation, @meechuttso!

They look indeed cute in the pics and i'm looking for their friendship! 

The article said that they went to high school together but he looks younger than her by few years :unsure:

• Like 7

i like these two character especially Seo ji su. She looks funny when she suddenly falling down at the front door. Her one-sided love towards Sun woo hyeok is interesting. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Either this writer has seen the script already or has a much more active imagination than these two pics call for.

https://twitter.com/MakeMe5urprise/status/898526959327629312https://twitter.com/MakeMe5urprise/status/898526959327629312

Either this writer has seen the script already or has a much more active imagination than these two pics call for.

I take that back. In this case the write does not need any imagination.

Hyuk's gaze (burning a hole in her face) betraying his overflowing fondness toward his BFF captivates our eyes.

She is 100% correct. Captivates is too weak a word.

• Like 2

so what I get from those stills and previews, that SJS (SHS's twin) likes SWH (LTH), who friend zoned her and actually loves SJA (SHS) who on the other hand friend zoned him and will end up with CDK (PSH) :rolleyes: LOL

SWH will probably end up with SJS (or what was that him catching the hearts from her?!) and I'm actually more happy this way.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

SJA (SHS) who on the other hand friend zoned him and will end up with CDK (PSH) :rolleyes: LOL

Technically, that's a No.:phew: To FZone someone you already have to be in a platonic relationship first with that person, no? So from the article and pics SWY -> SJA, yes, bigtime. SJS -> SWY, clearly. But so far that's the extent, and to the relief of many here I might add, ha ha.:huh: This drama will be the undoing of many of us.:crazy: Welcome to the thread Chingu! B)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, titania1000 said:

The article said that they went to high school together but he looks younger than her by few years :unsure:

As we know in real life she's 5.5 years older.

5 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Script reading session:

Titania, you've embraced him already:wub: 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Seiran029 said:

so what I get from those stills and previews, that SJS (SHS's twin) likes SWH (LTH), who friend zoned her and actually loves SJA (SHS) who on the other hand friend zoned him and will end up with CDK (PSH) :rolleyes: LOL

SWH will probably end up with SJS (or what was that him catching the hearts from her?!) and I'm actually more happy this way.

Yeah, the plot always will be going this way.  

• Like 4

A lot of people in the forum say they are here for SHS, and they post repeated unhappiness with the pairing that appears inevitable, some comments subtle, some not.  If you’re really an SHS fan and not a clever anti, I’m not at all saying you should be enthusiastic about the pairing SHS chose; and I hope you expressed your unhappiness to SHS on her social media.  But why keep raining on her and the drama’s parade in an MGL forum, page after page after page (maybe 6 out of 6 already)?  It’s DONE…and by her. 

I am impressed by SHS’s stills, even.  She has a lot of presence.  If SHS/MGL do well, her career will take a big leap.  PSH was lucky for his FH break-out role; here’s hoping MGL will be a similar chance for SHS…if the constant negative drumbeat by her supposed fans doesn’t affect her reviews/viewership.  I hope you really are SHS fans and not clever antis.  Go SHS, despite your fans!!   I’ll check back when MGL debuts, see the forum’s tone and if I want to participate.  My other experiences on Soompi have been very positive.  We didn’t always agree at all (lol), but everyone was “on board” with the drama.  Many commenters here are having a BIG problem with the lead couple .  It’ll be miserable for them and as a result for others on the forum.  If I want fill my mind with negativity, I can read the world news.

(currently watching Live Up to Your Name! Yah!)

• Like 3

23 hours ago, meechuttso said:

As we know in real life she's 5.5 years older.

Titania, you've embraced him already:wub: 

Yeah but somehow i thought since they play old school friends that the production would try to make him look older by styling his hair differently and picking a "mature" wardrobe....

It struck me  that we barely had pics of our leads together, which seems strange to me:huh: I'm used to promotional material which emhasized the chemistry and the popularity of the lead actors ( like for secret forest) and feels like something is missing there. We don't even have bts pics or vids of them together to help create positive anticipation. It's not like it will ruin the surprises of the plot: we already know how it will end, we are here for the journey. So  KBS should definitely support more the two big stars of MGL and let them shine.^_^

At least the drama is trending. My father is strange seemed to have been very popular, so i was curious to know if koreans viewers  were really looking for MGL which take its place... 

• Like 2

I am so happy after that successful of Stranger (Secret Forest) Shin Hye Sun would be the leading actress of KBS drama My Golden Life. As Korean drama fanatics there is only one actress that captivated my attention who is a total package of brilliant actress in the making that is Shin Hye Sun.  So excited to see his new drama with brilliant veterans actors and actress..Bravoo to my number one actress in Asia.

• Like 4

On 8/19/2017 at 11:54 AM, kdyes said:

I hope you really are SHS fans and not clever antis.  Go SHS, despite your fans!!

Bwaahahahaha. That's pretty out there, @kdyes not sure who you think could possibly be a SHS anti here, but fair enough, I appreciate your viewpoint, feedback. We're all just having fun here, and you're right, if I wanted pain I would go to a political news forum.

3 hours ago, GoldieLife said:

one actress that captivated my attention who is a total package of brilliant actress in the making that is Shin Hye Sun.

She does seem to have it all, doesn't she? And I feel like my year long job is almost done - her name as an actress who really brings something different is in the broad public domain now, and KBS is about to capitalize on people's demand for more of her.

3 hours ago, GoldieLife said:

Bravoo to my number one actress in Asia.

Goldie, person after my own heart :heart::phew: Make sure you come visit her page also for undiluted all Shin HyeSun all the time posts.

@titania1000 don't you worry at all that your posts are almost starting to resemble a PSH fangirl - you just keep on going. Love it! :wub:

• Like 2

He looks like a very big boy who is not happy with the portion of party favor candies he got at a birthday party.:rolleyes:

From http://tenasia.hankyung.com/archives/1276273

21일 공개된 스틸에서 이태환과 서은수는 엇갈린 시선으로 누군가를 바라보고 있다. ‘황금빛 내 인생’ 제작진은 “두 사람의 엇갈린 시선처럼 얽히고설킨 서지안·선우혁·서지수의 삼각관계가 재미를 배가할 것”이라고 귀띔했다. 

Pic released on the 21st shows LTH and SES both staring at someone but with gazes that do not meet. MGL team says, "Like these two's gazes that do not meet, the tangled web of love triangle between Seo JiAn, SunWoo Hyuk and Seo JiSoo will multiply the fun," they hinted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, meechuttso said:

Bwaahahahaha. That's pretty out there, @kdyes not sure who you think could possibly be a SHS anti here, but fair enough, I appreciate your viewpoint, feedback. We're all just having fun here, and you're right, if I wanted pain I would go to a political news forum.

SHS anti?  Not at all.  Was referring to PSH antis. 

So far, the forum defines MGL by SHS' involvement and pointedly ignores or knocks her co-star, as though liking her co-star is somehow odd. This is a first in Soompi forum-land to my knowledge.  This is a forum where what's "ok" has been laid out by implication and directly.  Enjoy talking to yourselves.

Wishing SHS the best!