[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

5 hours ago, ate said:

After watching ep. 21, I asked myself, what will happen to Hyuk's character? Most of the screen time he appeared were together with JA or JS. If he's the second lead why do I feel he plays an insignificant role in the story. Upon reading your post, I'm glad Hyuk found her and I think the writer will further develop the entanglement of the four main leads in the story (JA, DK, JS and H). 

Urghhhh....I so wished that Ji Soo was the one who saw her sis and not Hyuk. Ironic that it's Hyuk who interrupted her, therefore resulting in him spotting Ji An earlier. In my mind, I could already visualise the scene when Ji Soo recognises her unni, realises that she actually misses her A LOT, runs out to her and reconcile. Even better if Ji An gets amnesia. 

Sure an amnesia's real convenient for introducing a romance subplot between Ji An and Hyuk, and then exiting out of it when she regains her memories, but then an amnesiac character does not appeal to me much. 

Under the circumstances, there's really nothing more that Seo Tae-Soo can do for Ji Soo, besides waiting for her to vent off. And under the circumstances, he's right to chide Ji Soo for not going after her unni. Ji Soo overestimated Ji An's tolerance for adversity, which is why she deems it normal for her to not go home. 

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nielsen ratings: 37.9%. Not 42%(were those online streaming ratings? not sure where that screencap was from), but impressive nonetheless- new high every week! If this keeps up, they'll pass 40% next week. With the latest ratings, MGL passed father is strange's peak and is now the highest rated show this year so far.

I have a bad feeling after watching ep 22.  I think that the rift between Jian and Jisu will widen because of Hyuk.  The deep love Jisu has for Jian will turn into deep hatred for her since everyone is on Jian side and she, Jisu, seems like a loser.  Hope I am wrong!!

Now that manipulative cold hearted feeling Myunghee who treated Jian like crap and a living doll suddenly shown to be missing her fake daughter? 

You just found your real duaghter whom you almost lost twice but she isn't happy or relieved at all?????

So many out of character character in the last two eps lol

I'm watching this for the sisterly bond and i just love the two girls but with the direction ,  i'm scared of where this is going. 

The writer making JA so weak and pitiful to the extent of suicide... and JS who is a scaredy cat, naive, and not smart suddenly turn into a witty and rebel character...

I'm liking Jisoo but there is a big possibility that the writer will write her into an evil character because of Hyuk which is so weird lol.. she depended  admired, and felt gratitudes towards  her unnie a lot.. but there was never a hint of jealousy  at all before this scam got revealed

i think the writer just put in all the makjang elements in new ways. well in the end those craziness are the  rating magnet

I am kinda wondering how JS is going to react when she see JA working outside. It looks like Hyuk was about to cry after seeing JA. Maybe there will be a temporary  romantic relationship between Hyuk and JA that will end once JA gains her memory. Honestly... best friends make the best lovers. :D I hope he is more involve with JA moving forward :wink:

10 minutes ago, finebyme said:

I love how JS rattles up the Choi family. Almost like, for once they don't have control of anything. 

I was just going to write this lol

I watched ep. 22 with subs and idk why people here hate her 

at least when i'm reading knetz comments. They like Jisoo character and ship her with Hyuk 

At least she has guts, researched , then confronted the Choi parents that's it's not purely Seo parents fault so they should stop blaming them. 

She also seems to hate the Seo parents but does she really ? Coming back to the Choi family looks to me to be more of her trying to stop the Choi in ruining the Seo. 

Who says that she doesn't care about Jian? 

She came back with taxi to find Jian... 

i just hate that Hyuk found her first. I do like JA-Hyuk but i don't want to add more messiness of love triangle into this matter after the crazy parents conflicts.... this sister bond will be even harder to mend 

50 minutes ago, haymochi said:

Hello, my first post in this thread!

@haymochiI don't think she came back to find Ji An. She was curious as to why Hyuk suddenly put her in a taxi and headed back to the seaport. His action was sudden. He was just joking with her and changed mid-sentence. I do not think that she saw Ji An.

57 minutes ago, haymochi said:

I was just going to write this lol

I watched ep. 22 with subs and idk why people here hate her 

at least when i'm reading knetz comments. They like Jisoo character and ship her with Hyuk 

At least she has guts, researched , then confronted the Choi parents that's it's not purely Seo parents fault so they should stop blaming them. 

She also seems to hate the Seo parents but does she really ? Coming back to the Choi family looks to me to be more of her trying to stop the Choi in ruining the Seo. 

Who says that she doesn't care about Jian? 

i just hate that Hyuk found her first. I do like JA-Hyuk but i don't want to add more messiness of love triangle into this matter after the crazy parents conflicts.... this sister bond will be even harder to mend 

I thought JS went back to follow Hyuk. I know for sure she saw JA as well ,but  she was distracted by Hyuk to return to the van. I have a feeling JA is going to live a new life with dissociative amnesia.

I think deep down, JS is protecting her adopted family from Choi. She sees how crazy they could be. 

50 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

@haymochi was Ji Soo there to find her sister in the taxi?? I watched raw so that's nice if she indeed did that. I hope she doesn't misunderstand Hyuk and Ji An. That'd be weird given she has no clue about their shared history. 

I hope the triangle gets divulged to all 3 parties instantly all at once, because it can drag on badly also. It's getting painful to watch that last bit of mystery undisclosed to the interested parties who need to know. I want the next phases of their development now with their full knowledge of the situation.

I want Ji-Soo to deal with it.

just finishing watching sub episode wow js is very cool especially when breakfast,i just hope the writer not make her into such a evil character because hyuk found ja and i afraid she will misunderstand ja more  and do a cruel thing to ja and  she will be hurt more when she know the  she is misunderstand ja, i just hope someone help this sister reconcile maybe dk will help since he know ja effort after all 

but i believe js will not turn into evil character just hope so :)

15 hours ago, haymochi said:

The writer making JA so weak and pitiful to the extent of suicide... and JS who is a scaredy cat, naive, and not smart suddenly turn into a witty and rebel character...

I think there are some consistencies in the characters' progression.

Ji Soo is spoiled. Mom Seo thought she was sent to her by Heaven after real Ji Soo's death and let her get away with things that the others weren't able to. Ji Tae & Ji Soo grew up at a very young age, both became adults before their time. They both have a great sense of responsibility. Ji An worked most her adult life, paid living expenses and even gave allowances to her younger siblings. Ji Tae took a loan under his name to pay off the family's debt. Ji Soo never had to do any of that. She did not care about school and did not even practice the trade that she is certified for. She's had time to stalk both the baker and her crush while her sister was fighting to survive. Working for the other Seo children was a necessity, but for Ji-Soo, it was a luxury.

Because she was raised differently from the others, she might have thought/believed that certain rules did not apply to her. Her mother would have never challenged her if she refused to. She was treated as the youngest of the family even if this title belonged to Ji Ho.

Ji Soo, as you stated, was portrayed as meek and a scaredy cat. Ji An almost got expelled from school defending her from bullies, so it feels rather strange that she is this loudmouth rebel. Then again she is angry and lashing out, so it is understandable that she would be acting out of character or it may be in character, but just amplified under her current circumstances. 

Ji An might have been portrayed as a very strong character because of how she always managed to endure her life's hardships, but she might have always been weaker or more sensitive than Ji Soo. Ji An seems to always sacrifice her own desires or future for the sake her family, from foregoing her scholarship to pursuing business instead of art. She always does what she thinks is best for her family. From what I have seen thus far, or what has been presented, it seems that Ji Soo is not built this way.

Ji An has faced a lot of adversities and when she thought that her life was getting better, she realized that it was all a lie. Moreover, this lie once discovered by the Chois could torpedo the lives of her parents and siblings. She never thought of herself.  She always thought about how her parents and sibling will fare once she's found out as an impostor. 

I think her decision to commit suicide was her way of wanting to stop hurting. She had reached her breaking point. She could not go home because she could not face the parents who had lied to her, she was chased out of the Chois, she was not ready to face her siblings and she might not have wanted to expose her parent's actions. She could not face Ji Soo. She was not comfortable enough with Hyuk to divulge her family's secret. She felt powerless and aimless.  The fight with Ji Soo pushed her further over the edge.

Oh dear, I just rewatched the worried Hyuk's post CDK scene for the 5th time.

I usually follow 1 Kdrama a night. And I swear of the ones I am currently watching....this is the first time in years where there is only 1 chaebol heir in all the dramas. But usually all the dramas I watch has a dating couple where one parent is an owner yes. And for some reason, the hyung's Kdrama answer to Hyuk amuses me greatly. Been smiling every time I recall it. It's still as funny as when I watched it yesterday.

When the writer said to expect her to deal with a plot line ie suicide differently... was she having a dig at the viewers? As if she was going to do a mere drama where the main couple break up because he is the owner's son? 

Amidst all the serious issues going on, having the writer scoff at fan speculations and bringing her down to mundane levels just amuses me. Don't know why. But since I have seen a few arrogant chief writers in my last few dramas- this made me laugh.

45 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

I hope the triangle gets divulged to all 3 parties instantly all at once, because it can drag on badly also. It's getting painful to watch that last bit of mystery undisclosed to the interested parties who need to know. I want the next phases of their development now with their full knowledge of the situation.

I want Ji-Soo to deal with it.

Problem here is, Ji Soo has so little patience or trust when dealing with Ji An, she might add 2 with 2 and get a 5. So, I really don't know how she might react here. I hope she has had enough time to rationally deal with it but who knows! 

After, everything Ji An went through, if Ji Soo lashes out again, it will be bad. Here's hoping, she'll keep her new found wits about her.

After watching episode 22, it was hard to see everyone hurting.  There was not a single pair / person who was jolly in this episode.  It basically drains the energy out of you.

Hyuk realizes that JA must have like DK for joining the marketing department where he is the VP and it kind of saddened him to see that he did not understand JA about what the issue was.  He probably thinks that DK and JA have been dating and after being found out, she was ousted by the owners of the company (after chatting with his co-owner?).  Even though he has feelings for her, he knows those feelings are not reciprocated back and probably will just try and be a friend instead of trying to be her boyfriend.  The minute DK handed his card to Hyuk, the demeanor between Hyuk and DK completely changed.   Even though DK is said to have eaten Humble Pie to find out about Jian from Hyuk, I guess Hyuk will completely change his attitude towards DK from now on.  It was nice seeing Hyuk with JS and the baker trying to put these two together and the friendly banter in the truck.  Hyuk still has not fallen for JS, she is just a neighbor for him.

Baker and the Cafe Owner both still have feelings for each other but the Cafe owner is angry with the baker and both have misunderstood each other and she is furious that he knows everything about her.  She is ashamed that he knows and so she started screaming at him.  Hope they cross over this step and get together.  But the entire episode was about seeing their sad faces.

JS is angry and showing it pretty well.  Like the feistiness of her.  Her behavior at breakfast threw everyone off.   We can still see that she loves the Seo's especially the Dad and she was heartbroken it was not Seo Dad who called her but the other one.  The talk immediately become more formal and curt.  The dinner conversation was edgy and feisty.  There was no false hood in the questions that she curtly asked the Chois.  That shows that she is smart, and can do anything that she sets her mind to.  Ms. MH will have a taste of her own medicine when she tries to punish Mrs Seo.  Even though she lied to Ji-soo, she has raised her with love.  Once Ji-soo calms down, she will see how different both homes are and how happy of a childhood she had with all the brothers and Jian.  As many have said, she will be a change to influence the Chois .  Waiting eagerly for her to meet the grandfather.  

It was appalling to see these rich families don't seem to give a hoot-a** for the person.  MH wants to see her father because she does not want her father to give the loot to her sister.  What a family.  Seeing such things on dramas and probably to a lesser extent in real life (maybe?), I am truly glad I grew up like Jian , because the love gives you the strength without all the idiotic manipulation.  

I loved the friendly conversation between DK and his friend and how he was being sorry for not fulfilling his promise.  That was the crux of his sadness, but DK does not know or has not experienced this before and am sure he has broken some other promises - the difference being him loving her as a woman and even though he thinks he cut her off with harsh words so that she finds happiness with someone else, as Selena Gomez sings, "The heart wants what it wants" and the mind and heart are currently not in sync.  That is why his pain is so deep just for a promise he broke.  He has not found her and she has vanished into thin air and this keeps bothering him.  Just wait till he finds out she was going to take her own life.  He will be floored and won't know what to do because his heart will move him closer to her and won't be able to let her go.  

Hopefully the next episode be brighter than this one since it drags my sunday into a zombie mode.   

DK was supposed to marry the secretary's daughter - Right?  Now with the CES's switch, would the girl's parents want their daughter to be married to the Noh sister's son?  I hope it does and so DK can pursue his love with Jian.  Maybe all this happening for a good reason.  Maybe both the marriages of Noh 's children will be broken off and they will end up falling in love and marrying someone else.  What do you all think?

Archived