[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

I love Ji Ho....the way he called Ji An telling her he'll always be there for his Noona......he truly gets Ji An and knows her well. 

I actually like Ji Ho. He's such a sweet dongsaeng. I actually love the fact that he's not a spoiled brat considering he's the maknae of the family. The way he handed back all the money to his Ji Tae hyung is nice. I mean in some dramas you will see dongsaeng spending all those money to whatever they feel like.

So far Ji Soo is pissing me off. I know she's hurt and all but she'a going to that richard simmons route. Where is the bubbly cute Ji Soo?

Hyuk found Ji An first. I'm happy for that. Can I enjoy this scene first? I know it is going to be a sinking ship but I don't care at the moment.

Hyuk is such a gentleman going down the car and opening the door for Ji Soo when he picked her up at the bakery.

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

DK was supposed to marry the secretary's daughter - Right?  Now with the CES's switch, would the girl's parents want their daughter to be married to the Noh sister's son?  I hope it does and so DK can pursue his love with Jian.  Maybe all this happening for a good reason.  Maybe both the marriages of Noh 's children will be broken off and they will end up falling in love and marrying someone else.  What do you all think?

I do not think DK is supposed to marry the secretary's daughter (you mean like some political office cabinet level secretary? I don't recall hearing that). His 'betrothed' name is Jang So-Ra, coming soon from overseas. I think the marriages can get wrecked for a number of reasons, but as of this moment there is nothing in the story to make me pull for CDK to be with SJA. It's just the writer may have picked them and presented them as the OTP, but there has been nothing really compelling to make that a foregone conclusion in any way. We don't want a story where the winner/loser is pre-declared, just like we don't want a whodunnit story where we already know who done it at the start. Let the story present itself and see where it goes. In my opinion as others have noted in predictions, CDK has to literally give up his family, his heir-ship to the HaeSung throne, be willing to give up even his life and demonstrate that he's willing to stand alone with SJA against the world in order to 'deserve' SJA's love. Now that we know that she attempted suicide, her life after her recovery is doubly more precious and there is even less reason for her to want to go back to him - and his price for her love has 'doubled' you can say, as a result of her experience. If you go back and examine weekend 50-episode family dramas this requirement for his 'earning' her love will be met to the fullest degree before the audience will go along with the story. This is no a fairy tale romance where the prince charms the maiden and she just comes to him for physical attraction or compatibility. There's more at stake here.

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

I love Ji Ho....the way he called Ji An telling her he'll always be there for his Noona......he truly gets Ji An and knows her well. 

Nailed it exactly. They are 2 peas in a pod on their outlook on life. I also hope and don't foresee Ji-Ho falling for Seo-Hyeon in any way. She's so far irredeemably vacuous and worthless to Ji-Ho and his ambitions, other than perhaps as a trophy wife he wanted if he does make his billions. But there would be so many better trophy wives than her.

47 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

Hyuk found Ji An first. I'm happy for that. Can I enjoy this scene first? I know it is going to be a sinking ship but I don't care at the moment.

I am rather betting on this dark horse for the author to take it (SWH  SJA) farther than mere formality of SJA trying him first before moving to CDK. I expect a twist here, not because I ship this pair but because it would add more flesh to the character that is SJA. SJA can't learn what is her Golden Life without Hyuk playing a more significant role, I believe. What Hyuk gets by being the first to find Jianny is his legitimate turn at bat in Jianny's heart, I hope.

Ji Soo,  I don't know if what she  is doing  is just angry outburst or rational plan put in motion to help her near and dear ones. As much as I enjoy her giving it back to the Choi's,  I am not sure if she has matured overnight.  So, lets see. Anger can  distort  your  vision so what I am immensely enjoying right  now  might  turn into a nightmare later. I am  hoping and praying that I am  wrong.

I liked how Do Kyung didn't push it and noted that Ji Soo is  more angry and less upset. Also, I think I understand why Ji Soo doesn't worry as much as  she  should for  Ji  An. Ji An's own mother doesn't think much about  her,  she has grown up seeing Ji An's own mother put her second and takes Ji An for granted so she believes that. I wonder how both Mi Jung and Ji Soo would react when they find out that she tried to take her life.

I am getting  more  and  more annoyed at Ji An's  mother.

1 hour ago, Nymeria289 said:

Ji Soo,  I don't know if what she  is doing  is just angry outburst or rational plan put in motion to help her near and dear ones. As much as I enjoy her giving it back to the Choi's,  I am not sure if she has matured overnight.  So, lets see. Anger can  distort  your  vision so what I am immensely enjoying right  now  might  turn into a nightmare later. I am  hoping and praying that I am  wrong.

I liked how Do Kyung didn't push it and noted that Ji Soo is  more angry and less upset. Also, I think I understand why Ji Soo doesn't worry as much as  she  should for  Ji  An. Ji An's own mother doesn't think much about  her,  she has grown up seeing Ji An's own mother put her second and takes Ji An for granted so she believes that. I wonder how both Mi Jung and Ji Soo would react when they find out that she tried to take her life.

I am getting  more  and  more annoyed at Ji An's  mother.

I really hope Jisoo has a rational plan. It's weird that she would become so smart overnight but it's really weird if the pure heart girl become evil overnight too...

I just hate both Seo and Choi mum. Both don't deserve their daughters...

and i can't believe that Seo mum hasn't showed much regret or remorse while Choi mum wasn't happy because her real daughter isn't what she wants nor can she control

Managed tô finally find the courage to watch ep 21 this evening. What a truly sad episode! I cried at the end when I see JA say goodbye to the world.

During the confrontation between 2 sisters, JA pointed out to JS that she never put herself in JA shoes or see the other's point of view ... that's where I just realised through out all episodes, JS never once (if I recall correctly) asked JA how she was when she had a tough time at work and yet had to answer JS calls about her crush and in the evening, when JA was totally exhausted yet JS bugged her about her crush problems. JS never once asked JA if she had a tough day at work, did her colleagues bully her etc. It was only about she, herself & her crush. Once JA gave her the advice, she is all happy again and still never asked JA how did her day at work went.

I feel so sorry for JA. After her twin died, her mom transfer all her love to JS (the substitute twin). The mom already more or less admitted to STS that she will not return JS to her bio family. She loves JS more than her own blood JA. That's why JS doesn't do anything at all in the family. Everything falls onto JA shoulders. 

JS réactions to her adoptive parents being worried about JA is like a toddler throwing a huge tantrum that they are not giving her 100% attention. They should only worry about her, her well being and state of mind. JA is old enough to take care of herself but she, JS is the baby that needs their utmost attention. I know JS is hurt by all this but she is lashing and behaving like a spoilt kid.

I love the interaction between JH and the youngest Choi. So cute. It is likely she will fall in love with JH first.

Now for the shallowest concern of all:  Why does this director give JA and JS those table manners?  Interestingly neither brother has these, just eating with gusto at times.  

If we’re supposed to contrast rich and poor, that’s offensive to lower class people (and mostly untrue).  Or, if not this, then they could just have had JS with elbows on the table, or something similar, to show Choi stuffiness/uptightness when they correct her.  By making JS’s eating habits so extreme, the Chois come off as less stuffy.  I’d tell JS a thing or two as well (lol).

In some countries where I have lived, people eat with their hands but there is a certain way this is done.  Slurping one’s tea is de rigueur.  But have never seen anything that comes near this over the years and with people from all backgrounds, except little children.  Am I unexposed to some cultural norm perhaps?

I’d pass on lunch with either.  

Lol. DK's friend Ki Jae asked him if he's letting go of his feelings and thought DK was drunk. He was not that drunk to spill the beans.

Ji An had spending money when she still had her mobile phone.  She used it as a debit card since it is connected to her bank account. Smartly, she reformatted it to erase everything before throwing it into the sea, thus anyone who finds it cannot access any info. So she made her way back to the port after waking up from her stupor. I hope her memory loss (if it is the case) is temporary. That is what she needs right now, to forget her ordeal. It's okay to work at that menial task where she does not need to use her brain that much so it can rest. She'll be earning something to keep her afloat.

If she does not have temporary memory loss, I hope she asks Hyuk to help her stay in the area without letting anyone else know. He'll be able to shield her from the rest of the world. Hopefully they'll be able to talk before JS reaches the port and sees them. JA does not need another confrontation with her. As some of you mentioned, she's still not over Hyuk. She's still fan-girling despite trying to convince herself that she is over him because he loves someone else. She does not know that JA and Hyuk were classmates and that Hyuk still carries a torch for JA. For JS, 1+1=5 and in her current state of mind, she may shatter whatever peace of mind JA has at the moment. For JS right now, everyone is out to get what's supposed to be hers, whether it's the Choi family, the affection of the Seos and the love of her life (?).

JA does not know that the guy JS crushes on is Hyuk, because JS identified him only as Mr. Sun. She does not know his first name and only realized that his full last name is Sunwoo when Mr. Baker corrected her. That's when she knew that his first name is Hyuk. She still hasn't put together the fact that Hee and Hyuk are siblings. That is one thing I noticed with Kdrama. Most people do not bother to ask for full names, or even the first names of people they encounter. They do not live in the Joseon era where the aristocrats only know family members of fellow aristocrats and ordinary folks do not count. They would rather describe the persons than get their names.

Ji Hoo is so level headed. He's the youngest but he has more sense. He's been witness to many of Ji An's humiliation and supplication when she was still doing part time work and he completely feels for his noona. He was the one who bothered to look for the house where she moved. His mom knows where it is but the father and Ji Tae do not. Now, with the money Tae Soo gave the couple and the bank account Ji Hoo gave Ji Tae, will he finally bail out and move to Canada?

It is a minor point, but I feel irritated with Hae Jae. Okay, she's the owner of that house but since she's renting it out to the Seos, why come and go as you please? Even if they did not change the password, it's still rude to be barging in at odd times. It's all right if it is an emergency.

The thieving couple turned kidnappers did not send the letter, so Mdm Noh needs to investigate further. She did say that it could be an inside job. I wonder where she went when she left young ES sleeping in the car.

15 hours ago, sllemon said:

I have a bad feeling after watching ep 22.  I think that the rift between Jian and Jisu will widen because of Hyuk.  The deep love Jisu has for Jian will turn into deep hatred for her since everyone is on Jian side and she, Jisu, seems like a loser.  Hope I am wrong!!

Yeah, I think she will be more jealous to JiAn when she learns that Hyuk's apple of the eye is her. I can't wait to see her reactions when she's going to see and find out why suddenly Hyuk hired a cab for her and send her home alone. I think out of curiosity, she was wondering how important and why Hyuk had to return and send her home alone, so she returned too. However, she will be shocked and hurt  when she sees Hyuk together with JiAn looking worried and happy for not seeing her for a long time and seeing her again after a period of time. She will compare herself to JiAn and feel jealous and develop ill feeling to her or herself. How I wish JiSoo has a girlfriend who would give her pieces of advice about human relationship to give enlightenment of JiAn's situation and to her as well. The only girlfriend I can't think of as JiSoo's confidant right now is Hyuk's sister. I hope she could shed light upon her. :)

8 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Ji Ho is one of my favorite characters. The scene where he bought Ji An new shoes was very sweet. He is very observant. He realized that his sister needed shoes when others didn't. Then again, he works in a shoe store. In any case, he is very sweet. He even gave all the money that he saved to Ji Tae.

6 hours ago, Nymeria289 said:

Ji An's own mother doesn't think much about  her,  she has grown up seeing Ji An's own mother put her second and takes Ji An for granted so she believes that.

True!

Mom's favoritism is what made Ji An believed that she was, in fact, the daughter of the Chois. Mom admitted having favored Ji Soo on a subconscious level because she was her true daughter. 

Ji An was always closest to her father. 

5 hours ago, haymochi said:

I just hate both Seo and Choi mum. Both don't deserve their daughters...

and i can't believe that Seo mum hasn't showed much regret or remorse while Choi mum wasn't happy because her real daughter isn't what she wants nor can she control

Choi Mom is a very complex character, in my opinion. It's not that she unhappy because her real daughter isn't who she would have wanted her to be or the fact she cannot control her, I believe that she is just keeping her feelings close to the vest. She really liked Ji An and was proud of the woman she became despite the hardships she endured. It's not easy opening your heart to a person whom you believed to be your daughter and to be told that she wasn't after all said daughter. It's like having the proverbial rug pulled out from under you. And now she is presented with this angry girl who is just lashing out at everyone. Choi Mom is also mourning the death/disappearance of her daughter for the second time. She is not good at expressing her emotions, so she keeps everything hidden, but she too is in pain. 

Regarding Seo Mom, I think her actions (no matter how misguided and despicable) were rooted in a place of love and regret. Love towards Ji Soo whom she was afraid of losing. She always thought the latter was a gift from Heaven. She doted on her more than her other biological children. Regret for Ji An who had to mature at a very young age and had to give up on her dreams of becoming a sculptor because of the family dire financial situation.   

Ok just done episode 22 with sub, with the absence of our main lead, we saw a lot of other character evolving, so JS came back to her birth parents not because she wanted to stay with them but she ran away from home, I know that she is still angry, and she’s giving hard time to her real parents but she has to step up and bring it on! There is still a little bit humane in her that she doesn’t care about money and fame all she care is about herself, that is why she has no other objective in life but to be a baker, she should have a vision that something that she could be proud of! Well for her being a baker will be her ultimate dream she’s just a simpleton. Finally Hyuk now is having screen time and has shape in the story, it’s just a waist of good second lead if he is not competitive at all, at least I can see that there will be a tension soon between the sisters and him, I just want him to know the relationship of the siblings. 

Ji Ho is one of the sweetest character in this story, he continue to be steady and strong, he will have a bright future ahead because he is hard working and smart too, I hope that he will find his objective in life as well. 

I really feel pity for Seo Dad because I’m his age he should enjoy being a senior citizen and watch all his kids settle, but he is still having this dark time in the family, he is worried sick of JA and his other daughter is mad at him, later in afriad that he will face the warth of TS because he gave money to his daughter-in-law to move our without discussing to his son itself. 

I can that MY is having hard time in accepting her real daughter, maybe because she already pour her heart out to JiAn thinking that is her daughter. JS is corrent that how can a mother put diamond pin in three year old girl without attracting robbers, and she didn’t even see her daughter in front of her being kidnapp it irresponsible, no wonder her husband always blame her loosing their child. Now I am waiting for the reaction of the grandfather and aunty, JS completely opposite of her sister, is she could return to be a bright a sunny girl for sure her parents will like her. 

I can’t wait for the next episode now that Hyuk met JA! 

8 minutes ago, Lj said:

Now I am waiting for the reaction of the grandfather and aunty, JS completely opposite of her sister, is she could return to be a bright a sunny girl for sure her parents will like her. 

I have been wondering about the grandfather as well. He seemed very charmed by Ji An. He liked her work ethic, efficiency, and smarts. Would he rather her as a granddaughter? or a granddaughter in law?

1 minute ago, auroredawn said:

I have been wondering about the grandfather as well. He seemed very charmed by Ji An. He liked her work ethic, efficiency, and smarts. Would he rather her as a granddaughter? or a granddaughter in law?

I want to give JS a chance to be loved by her real family she deserves it, so I will go on the second op:Dtion  

On 13/11/2017 at 2:35 AM, Nymeria289 said:

@haymochi was Ji Soo there to find her sister in the taxi?? I watched raw so that's nice if she indeed did that. I hope she doesn't misunderstand Hyuk and Ji An. That'd be weird given she has no clue about their shared history. 

Archived