[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

All along I had insisted that Yang Mi Jung and Tae Soo were justified in keeping Ji Soo. I already mentioned before that they had said before the place they found her was completely isolated. The kidnappers themselves admitted she would have died out there. I am not returning a child I find like that knowing the kinds of perverts and abusers out there I will inquire if any child was reported missing but no way am going to place that child in danger again with people who did that to her.

She formatted the phone that was already a dire sign. She had no intention of coming back she already decided to kill herself at that point. People don't decide to kill themselves while considering their family. I have had such thoughts in my life and nowhere in it did I think about the effect it will have on my family because I was so miserable I wanted to stop living. I have never understood why people criticize the person who wants to die as being selfish. When you reach that point in your life you will understand.

Ji Soo made me almost laugh when Myung Hee was so flabbergasted by her turning up like that .

What a dark turn this drama has taken but it is also something I want to watch and see where it goes. Thanks @baduy for your fantastic posts.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something's quite off.

why do i feel like myung hee knew ji an isn't her daughter, and is merely putting up an act through all of this?

there is no way she never did a thorough background check on both ji soo and ji an during the initial DNA check. some characters have already pointed it out that it's very "un-myung hee" for such oversight to occur. she prolly had a hunch that her actual daughter is a "doofus" compared to ji an who is an achiever and deemed more suitable to the choi family aka "a daughter she never had". seo hyeon is very much like ji soo/eunseok, and maybe myung hee doesn't want to deal with another "useless" offspring in her household. she can't put all her eggs on do kyung alone, given the unceasing competition she has with her sister.

what if mi jeong's abrupt mistake of admitting ji an as a choi's daughter was actually IN FAVOR to myung hee's plans hence she played along with it...or perhaps she was fully aware of the situation and the confrontation with mi jeong was part of the scheme all along? but what is her end goal, though?

just a thought, i think with jae seong now acting on his own... it somehow disrupted myung hee's personal motives. she is in contact with the "abductors" yet she kept her husband in the dark on it. this is getting interesting. lol

as for ji soo's current attitude, it's understandable. she's hurting.

wouldn't be surprised if she acts obnoxiously in the succeeding episodes.

to ji an, i hope a hiker/local resident sees her unconscious body and takes her under that person's care for a while. she's been through so much. she needs to take a break.

1            KBS2               주말드라마                   (황금빛내인생)                    32.3 %

From http://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=1_1&area=00

Another Saturday, another record breaking rating. Yawn.

sorry guys, it’s hard for me to like or even to tolerate JS right now. I think the Seos spoiled her too much. The Seos treated her like a princess, tried not to upset her. Because when she’s upset, she acts like a spoiled selfish brat like she is now. 

But still, I cant wait to see her character to develop. And ourtwin sisters together again. 

11 minutes ago, gutibear said:

sorry guys, it’s hard for me to like or even to tolerate JS right now. I think the Seos spoiled her too much. The Seos treated her like a princess, tried not to upset her. Because when she’s upset, she acts like a spoiled selfish brat like she is now. 

But still, I cant wait to see her character to develop. And ourtwin sisters together again. 

I can understand you.  JS is spoilt and it may be because MH has replaced her dead child with JS.  A normal parent would put their foot down , put a child in a time out and think about their actions and such.  Looks like she did not get that.  One needs to nip bad behavior right during childhood since it become intolerable / or even modifiable as an adult.  

I think that might what happen in the Choi household after a couple of episodes and MH will probably put her foot down and say enough is enough with this so called bratty behavior which might be the next step to her character growth.  She might want to come to the Seo household but would not be welcome there either because of all the vitriol environment due to the Choi family's punishments.  

I think it would be JiHoo who would put her in her place and knock some sense into her as to how much pain she has caused and she will start to look at her behavior and start mending so to say.   

3 hours ago, hyall said:

What a dark turn this drama has taken but it is also something I want to watch and see where it goes. Thanks @baduy for your fantastic posts.

2 hours ago, baduy said:

Now that I've actually been able to watch all the opening sequence on a raw, I'll have a go at translating the dialogue from the start, although I would normally have started with the impact and implications of Ji Su addressing Ji An as 너. But I went into that in my earlier post.

"Why hit me?" asks Ji An, completely taken aback.

"Because you, of all people, deceived me. You knew all the time, didn't you? You knew all the time that you weren't the one, that I was the real one, that Mom and Dad sent you instead of me!"

[This is another place where it's vital to recognize and translate tenses accurately. The straightforward simple past, corresponding to English "You knew, didn't you? would be 너 알았어? But what she actually says is 너알고 있었어? which is a continuous past tense. Oddly enough, English has no continuous past form that can be used with verbs of knowing (although non-native speakers are prone to say things like "*I was knowing that all last week", which is an understandable enough error, seing how the tense can be readily used with other, apparently parallel, verbs: "I was thinking that all last week" is a perfectly acceptable English sentence. But with " to know" we need an adverbial component to bring out the "continuousness" that in Korean is packaged in the verb-form itself. Hence my "You knew all the time, didn't you? or "You knew all along, didn't you?"

This matters hugely for the emotional logic of this whole segment of the drama. The point is that JS has come to believe (correctly enough) that at some point Ji An had discovered the truth, but carried on going along with the deception (come to believe, because it was not her first assumption, quite the reverse, even when she realized how her parents had deceived her.  In fact she was visibly knocked back when the thought finally struck her after long pondering over Ji An's role in all this, deprived as she was of the slightest word from Ji An that could have explained things from Ji An's perspective.)

Now it hasn't so far dawned on JA that JS could ever have mistrusted her to the extent of believing any such thing. The brute fact that JS could, and does, have such distrust in her hits JA  harder than any physical blow. In a brilliant touch of acting (and/or directing) Shin Hye Sun blinks and flinches at SJ's words here, as if she really had just felt a second slap. This, not the slap itself, is really when JA starts to reel, inwardly and outwardly.  "So is that... is that why you hit me?" she asks, audibly struggling to stop her voice breaking in shock and grief.

"We were once twins," JS carries on as if JA's question was too obvious to merit a direct reply. "And I always told you everything. But you didn't. Not even you regarded me as your sister, or as family at all.."

"Please don't misunderstand", JA begs her. "I didn't know it right from the start."

"You think I'm that blind? JS interrupts. "You think I'm such a fool? [She means -- and this makes her words more hurtful still to JA -- that of course she doesn't think so badly of her as to believe that she hatched the plot deliberately with her mother. What she's reproaching her with is precisely that she was indeed initially ignorant and innocent, but then found out -- and carried on with the deception deliberately and consciously without so much as a word to JA. That's where the cruel betrayal started in JS's eyes, the hurtful end of their years of "telling each other everyhthing", and that's what her present anger is all about, because to her mind, JA wouldn't have been able to keep her in the dark about this matter so vital to both of them if she'd truly loved her as any sort of sister, let alone a twin,

The only explanation JS can think of is that JA was seduced by the lifestyle to which she'd gained access. "The moment you realized it, you should have said something to me. Why did you stay on in that family until you knew your cover was blown? Were you having such a great time there? When I came to see you at work, showed me the door, then said you were sorry. Are you really that fond of money? The fact is that Mom, Dad, and yes, you too, were a lot fonder of money than you were of me.  

"Why aren't you saying anything? Why are you gawping at me like that?  For Pete's sake, say something -- anything!" she continues.

So finally JA does say something. And it's probably not something she would have said if she hadn't been driven far beyond the end of her tether, or at least she wouldn't have said it that way in these circumstances, since she's normally far more collected and less impetuous than JS.

"You're so self-centered" she finally observes. [In the light of what JA goes on to say, I prefer "self-centered" to "selfish" which is certainly a possible translation of 이기적 in other contexts. But it becomes clear that JA's rebuke isn't that JS wants to grab everything for herself and begrudges things to others, but that she doesn't actually grasp the independent reality of others, so she doesn't even try, let alone succeed, to try to enter into their point of view. "In moments of crisis you consider no-one but yourself. You only think from your own viewpoint. You were that way when you got angry with me and asked me not to go. [나한테 가지 말라고 화냈던때]

"What are you talking about?" JS asks indignantly, in effect confirming JA's point by her clear inability to grasp what her sister is getting at.

JA continues: "Did you never even consider why I acted like I did? When you'd no idea what you were talking about, when I said I was going to join a rich family, your opinion meant more to you than my feelings. And even now you won't hear me out, you've obviously assumed from the start all the blame lies with me."

"What do you mean I only think from my own viewpoint?" JS protests.  "You've been deceiving me all this time! When you discovered the truth, you said nothing to me. Despite all you knew you held on to your secret. You didn't didn't have any trust in me. And you're calling me self-centered? What gives you any right to say that to me?"  

"When Dad's business collapsed and he moved to Masan where he had a better chance of finding work," JA says wearily after a brief pause,  "my homeroom teacher found me a scholarship so I could carry on at that school and try for University. So I planned to stay behind all alone in Busan living in a dormitory till I could start college. But you!! You were so petrified of transferring to a new school on your own that you refused food for a whole week. So in the end I gave up that scholarship and moved to Masan too, where we all lived in a single room."

"What's any of that got to do with this?" inquires Ji Su, again unwittingly bearing out her sister's criticism. "You think the way you suffered through my stubborness back then balances this out now? The choice was yours. You didn't need to move with with us. It was just that I was so upset at the thought of living apart from you that I lost my appetite."  

Ji An wearily shakes her head. As in their earlier quarrel over whether she should go "her" real family that Ji Su has just recalled, Ji An has a sinking feeling that she's wasting her breath, and she doesn't have all that much breath left, in any sense.. That's when I came into this scene after I got the power back earlier today, and I've already translated the rest.

Yes, it would be a shame to have Prof @baduy 's excellent and hardwork translated important dialog between the sisters buried at the bottom of the last page, so reposting in entirety.

While many here may feel that Ji-Soo is acting out of character or that her personality is not so consistent, I think it's not from the writer's inability to make such a character that Ji-Soo is behaving this way. The writer had already written her first 20 episode personality in such a way that we were in love with her sweet adorableness, so that when she does make this turn, the shock and awe of it is magnified. As usual, the writer had been setting us up for that too.

The same applies to Jianny, I think. It may seem out of character for such a strong capable life-loving (see the beach scene as exhibit A of this) person to want to end it like that, and the suicide concept itself may seem like an easy way out for 'shock value', but the drama had clearly stated at the outset that it will deal with some of the real difficulties that SK audiences can identify with, and certainly suicide attempts from 'failure at life' in a harsh world is something I would venture to say majority of SK audiences have some knowledge and association with through friends and family not too distant from real every day living. Yes suicide seems selfish to those who can't accept it, and of course if she pulls it off she would be condemning everyone in her family and also CDK to a lifetime of remorse with her death - but if someone realizes that much, who would still go through with that act?

Going back to the article that analyzes some of this in anticipation of Ep 21, I am very happy with Ep 21 and how the writer is asking us to trust her and go a few more steps with her to see what she has in store.

Quoting from there, "This isn't shock for the sake of shock value but rather, it is a plot device to give us a type of 'road to perdition' feel that shows us what a 'golden life' actually is."

I missed Jianny in the last 2 episodes so much, maybe even more than I missed the actress who plays her from the screen, and that means for me that the writer tell her story and the director and the cast are ale to tell it as she intended, without distractions. The road to perdition she is surely on.  And I am 'all in' with her.

One last note, I had ruled out the possibility of the indigo dye master being involved in the discovery of her 'body' because he hangs out near Pyeong Chang (Winter Olympics venue), and that is quite a distance from the East Sea, if she was there. I couldn't find any hints from social media posts where that beach scene was shot, but it doesn't look like the East Sea. But that's trivia that's not important. If it is the dye master who finds her because she made her way up there to die somehow, I have no issue with that at all.

EDIT Adding gifs

tumblr_oza5qttS0X1valxs7o2_500.gif&key=2

tumblr_oza5qttS0X1valxs7o5_500.gif&key=c

tumblr_oza6cnfuSo1valxs7o5_500.gif&key=3

3 hours ago, Kimchi Sweet Potato said:

Episode 22 aka Finding JA

This subject may be exhausted at this stage but I think the reason why I am obsessed with who finds JA is because I want the story to go a particular way.

As mentioned by many, I want the dye master to find her and not because I think he can shield her from the Chois but the exact opposite.

I want him to find her and lead her directly to them. By them I meant Choi parents.

The dye master only knows her as an employee of Haesung group so the information that he found her (if he does) can only go to Choi parents or CDK.

I choose the former not because I have lost my mind but because I believe they will do nothing and watch her from afar. 

At this point, we are shown that the greatest suffering they can give the SEO parents is the loss of JA.

Now, as JA chose not to return to her parents when everything happened I believe this would be fitting and parrellel punishment.

'We know where your daughter is but we will not tell you.'

I find that more reasonable than wrecking havoc on the Seo boy's lives.

I, too, want the story to go in a particular direction, at least in the immediate future of Ji An's life.  She will be rescued by the dye master but instead of informing anyone, which Ji An will insist that he not do, I would like his sanctuary to become her sanctuary where she will not hear nor see any of the realities of the life she had left behind.  I want her to heal and to regain herself and just succumb to the peace and nurturing that nature and the dye master can offer.  Allow herself to disappear for a while before making any movements to re-enter the outside world.  Whether she leaves Korea or whether she remains to right any wrong, I want her to somehow regain some modicum of the strong and independent young woman that she once was. She needs to become herself again to face the hungry lionesses out there who will or may try to devour her, namely Myung Hee and Ji Soo.

I'm new to this thread but have been a silent lurker for awhile. I decided to start posting because I feel like an incredible injustice is done to Ji Soo's character here which is frustrating. 

One question: How would you feel if no one is asking you how you feel or worrying over you when you are just in a whole lot emotional pain as well as turmoil? Would you just bear it or eventually snap?

Up until now, seemingly no one from both families really cared for Ji Soo's well-being or gave her a hug saying everything will be alright...and honestly this is just what she needs right now. She might come across as selfish but truthfully her biological parents are just caring over the fact to have found their real daughter and her foster parents are all over Ji An. Even Ji An ignored her calls and did not really explain the situation to her, even through she might have had her reasons. With that betrayal Ji Soo lost a role model.

Ji Soo's behaviour right now screams "Look at me, I am in pain too." 

I for one want to give her a hug, telling her that is okay to be confused and mad and sad all at once. But I guess no one will actually take the time to see the pain behind the rebellion. Yes, Ji An needs help and support but at least she has people looking after her and worrying. As Ji Soo said, she has no one to turn to right now and this is just sad. 

Furthermore, what will happen after Ji An returns? All focus will shift on her, logically and still no one will actually have sit down with Ji Soo. The one who is alone, is Ji Soo because she is surrounded by people who don't see her pain and that is the worst loneliness. 

Edit: I know that both Seo-Parents took an effort to talk to Ji Soo. But the mum went on to discuss Ji An's troubles and the dad just had another turn of apologies and explanation. It is not what Ji Soo needs to hear, she needs know that hey understand her turmoil. 

1 hour ago, gutibear said:

This first scene between the two sisters JS and JA smacks me as art imitating today's life whereby we see JS demanding loyalty from JA but giving none in return. JS has lived in a cocoon all her life and this rude awakening has not seen the emergence of a butterfly. Instead, we see an angry, arrogant, hurt child who can only react by lashing out at all regardless.  JS does not have the understanding of the  complicated implications of the revelation that she is the real twin sister.  Look at her shocking behavior as she reacts with such bluster when she grabs Papa Choi's arm, drags him out of the bakery and reads him the riot act that it is not he who will decide her future but she. Whoa! Then the chutzpah she displays upon entering the Chois' house, unannounced and then choosing where she planned to sleep. Did you see the Chois' faces as their shock hit the floor?  Well, Papa Choi and Mme No, hang on because you're in for a ride with a totally unexpected demeanor from the previously quiet little mouse who has now turned into a roaring lioness.  

6 hours ago, baduy said:

At which point we get the teasing cutaway to Myeong Hui barging into the location of the supposed "adbuctors"" "house arrest" to hand them two  scraps of paper and order them to write on them what she dictates. It's a place-name, or rather a geographical location, in the normal East Asian sequence from the general to the particular: "Gangwon Province , Cheorwon County, Min Tong Seon. 

She just wanted to compare their handwriting against the sender of the letter to Choi Jae Song: Kang Chul Min... without being obvious.

1 hour ago, cheremaman said:

This first scene between the two sisters JS and JA smacks me as art imitating today's life whereby we see JS demanding loyalty from JA but giving none in return. JS has lived in a cocoon all her life and this rude awakening has not seen the emergence of a butterfly. Instead, we see an angry, arrogant, hurt child who can only react by lashing out at all regardless.  JS does not have the understanding of the  complicated implications of the revelation that she is the real twin sister.  Look at her shocking behavior as she reacts with such bluster when she grabs Papa Choi's arm, drags him out of the bakery and reads him the riot act that it is not he who will decide her future but she. Whoa! Then the chutzpah she displays upon entering the Chois' house, unannounced and then choosing where she planned to sleep. Did you see the Chois' faces as their shock hit the floor?  Well, Papa Choi and Mme No, hang on because you're in for a ride with a totally unexpected demeanor from the previously quiet little mouse who has now turned into a roaring lioness.  

Isn't it cool that she said she will decide her own future?

she can't be forced and mould into the Choi i applaud that lmao

well if Mama Choi doesn't like the fact that her daughter isn't a refined one than screw her haha.. these two mothers are the worst.   The. She can just go to the orphanageor whereever and find the kind of daughter that fits your criteria as replacement just like Jisoo was also a replacement for Seo deceased daughter

comparing jisoo to the youngest as useless? Jisoo has her own mind and looking at her rebelling at the Choi makes me laugh. She has her passion and works at a bakery.. she also stayed there with the determination to be his apprentice

these two sisters ( JA and JS) need to get over their anger and realize that the one ruining them is their greedy mum. I hope Jian go far away and suceed as the dye master apprentice whilr Jisoo suceed as the baker ahjussi apprentice. 

That's all i need...

3 hours ago, baduy said:

So finally JA does say something. And it's probably not something she would have said if she hadn't been driven far beyond the end of her tether, or at least she wouldn't have said it that way in these circumstances, since she's normally far more collected and less impetuous than JS.

"You're so self-centered" she finally observes. [In the light of what JA goes on to say, I prefer "self-centered" to "selfish" which is certainly a possible translation of 이기적 in other contexts. But it becomes clear that JA's rebuke isn't that JS wants to grab everything for herself and begrudges things to others, but that she doesn't actually grasp the independent reality of others, so she doesn't even try, let alone succeed, to try to enter into their point of view. "In moments of crisis you consider no-one but yourself. You only think from your own viewpoint. You were that way when you got angry with me and asked me not to go. [나한테 가지 말라고 화냈던때]

"What are you talking about?" JS asks indignantly, in effect confirming JA's point by her clear inability to grasp what her sister is getting at.

JA continues: "Did you never even consider why I acted like I did? When you'd no idea what you were talking about, when I said I was going to join a rich family, your opinion meant more to you than my feelings. And even now you won't hear me out, you've obviously assumed from the start all the blame lies with me."

"What do you mean I only think from my own viewpoint?" JS protests.  "You've been deceiving me all this time! When you discovered the truth, you said nothing to me. Despite all you knew you held on to your secret. You didn't didn't have any trust in me. And you're calling me self-centered? What gives you any right to say that to me?"  

"When Dad's business collapsed and he moved to Masan where he had a better chance of finding work," JA says wearily after a brief pause,  "my homeroom teacher found me a scholarship so I could carry on at that school and try for University. So I planned to stay behind all alone in Busan living in a dormitory till I could start college. But you!! You were so petrified of transferring to a new school on your own that you refused food for a whole week. So in the end I gave up that scholarship and moved to Masan too, where we all lived in a single room."

"What's any of that got to do with this?" inquires Ji Su, again unwittingly bearing out her sister's criticism. "You think the way you suffered through my stubborness back then balances this out now? The choice was yours. You didn't need to move with with us. It was just that I was so upset at the thought of living apart from you that I lost my appetite."  

Ji An wearily shakes her head. As in their earlier quarrel over whether she should go "her" real family that Ji Su has just recalled, Ji An has a sinking feeling that she's wasting her breath, and she doesn't have all that much breath left, in any sense.. That's when I came into this scene after I got the power back earlier today, and I've already translated the rest.

Just as JA pointed out - JS is indeed very self centered. Up till now I thought JA struggled with part time jobs to support herself through school is because they lost everything.  Now it comes out that she has a chance of scholarship but JS make herself so sick to force JA to move with them to new place. Only then she is OK.  From here we can see that JS besides being happy go lucky and sunny personality also has a self absorbed & manipulatI've character.  Again JS instead of grateful that JA gave up her chance of scholarship for JS sake, JS said the exact same thing to JA again "It's your choice. I didn't ask you to do it."  She did the same when JA told her of her struggles in work and how she financially supported JS & JH. JS retort back then is the same "It's your choice. I didn't ask you for money." The same attitude of "Why blame me? I didn't make you do it or ask you to." 

I can just imagine what she will do when she finds out Hyuk loves JA. JS will immediately think JA took her "Man" even though she knew JS is in love with him. I can just imagine the things she will do to manipulate Hyuk & JA.

In JS eyes, the world should only evolve around her & her feelings. JA parents have no rights to be worried about JA at all. She is the only party who is hurt and victimised. Why are they not worried about me but JA in her little brain. Her adoptive parents are equally worried about her but at least she is home with them and not missing. Until they have both daughters at home, then they can think straight. JA being a very obidient child who doesn't make parents worry about her - doesn't come home is really out of her character hence they are worried. If JS goes missing, they will equally go out and look for her but JS doesn't think that way. She just want both parents to concentrate on her only.

Her conversation with JA is really poignant for JA. It takes away everything JA believes in - her hardwork, her undying love & suppoort for her sister even in her own difficult times, her sacrifices all these years comes to a naught. Is this how JS really think of her? It's like you are being betrayed by your very best friend - stab that in the heart. Everyone whom she look to count on for support when she needed most, all deserted her. DK spewed at her. Hyuk didn't answer her call at her most desperate time and now JS spewed at her. She saw her beloved dignified father kneel down in humiliation. Everything hit her endlessly without a break. Her mental state was near breaking point. JS thoughts of her is the finally straw that broke the camel's back. 

Her laughing like a lunatic at the beach broke my heart and for a moment, I thought she went crazy. Then she recalled their happy innocent time at the beach. Her sisterhood with JS and how happy everyone was at that time. That was sad. Everything she values and try to safe guard is gone. Perhaps it was at this point that she decided it is all over, she is too tired to fight any more. There's no reason for her to continue holding on. 

I think when she sent those pics to DK, she has already decided to end her life. She sees no hope to go on living ... That even her precious naive sister JS could think so badly of her. She just wants to end that hurt, that pain that is plaguing her heart and mind. It was too painful for her to bear. Suicidal people just want to end the misery state of mind they are currently in. 

If I remember correctly, DK said in that episode where they were visiting some museum for ideas for the 40th anniversary, he never took any selfie before. So JA offered to take some for him. She didn't sent him those pictures. So this was the last gift she gave to DK as promised.

@JaneP Ji Soo is hurting, no doubt. But it isn't true that nobody cares for her. Ji An hasn't come home. A country with alarming rate of suicide, in that country a young woman has gone missing after going through hell. Isn't it natural, they'd put Ji An first now. If your family member goes missing, wouldn't you worry? I can understand Ji Soo but what I can't understand is her absolute lack of concern for Ji An's physical well being. The person she knew for 25 years has gone missing, isn't calling or picking up the phone....I expected some concern. I saw none. This is the part that I can't wrap my head around.

17 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

@JaneP Ji Soo is hurting, no doubt. But it isn't true that nobody cares for her. Ji An hasn't come home. A country with alarming rate of suicide, in that country a young woman has gone missing after going through hell. Isn't it natural, they'd put Ji An first now. If your family member goes missing, wouldn't you worry? I can understand Ji Soo but what I can't understand is her absolute lack of concern for Ji An's physical well being. The person she knew for 25 years has gone missing, isn't calling or picking up the phone....I expected some concern. I saw none. This is the part that I can't wrap my head around.

She is a typical self centered person.  She feels why everyone is worried about Jian who can take care of herself.  She is a grown up but why does no one feel my pain.  Neither my parents nor my caretakers.  In the preview she even asks DK why he is concerned about her.  That is her personality.  Not once during the entire 20 episodes did I see JS ever asking Jian how she was or what was happening with her.  It was always about Ji-soo.  You cannot expect that behavior to change just because her sister seems missing.  I did not see many friends with Ji-soo either.  Does she have any or is it just Jian ?  

Hopefully , by the end of tomorrow's episode they will find Jian .  I want to make sure that they find her, and get her stomach pumped of all the sleeping pills and I really don't care who takes care of her, but someone who can be by her side and instill some courage for the future.

I want to say my 2 cents about people committing suicide:

I am neither a doctor, nor in the medical profession, but a loving, caring, strict parent and I say as I do and do as I say.  I have lived long enough to say this.  I always tell my children, how long it took a mother to rear her child and how difficult it would have been to give birth to one and taking care of the child all these years and to know that my child is having problems and cannot come and talk to me or discuss anything with me would make me really angry.  Communication is truly important when raising children.  I tell them that everyone has problems - school, work, peers, parents, college, girlfriends, boyfriends etc., and etc., but God gives everyone the capability to work out these problems.  Never - ever leave this world by committing suicide or do drugs or anything just because you are down low.  When my children were in High School, there were some kids who committed suicide because of parents pressure with school, or boyfriend/ girlfriend or even bullying at school.  The pain those parents went through, one would not even want your worst enemy to face such pain.  There were times in my life when everything looked bleak, but I have my wonderful parents who are my best friends and I literally talk about everything with them and hence was able to cope up with life.  If you or anyone is suicidal, please get help.   Talk to elders, parents, teachers, friends or even strangers who would listen to you.  Go to an open park and scream the hell out.  Write anything in a journal that makes you angry.  Suicide is NOT the WAY!!

For people who are saying that SUICIDE is OK -  PLEASE DON"T ADVOCATE IT.  IT IS DEFINITELY NOT OK TO COMMIT SUICIDE irrespective of what ever problems there are.  There is a better way.  

@angelwingssf I would add to what you've said. Depression comes in many form. Ji An, in my personal opinion was suffering from some form of it since the beginning. I can say that as I've myself had to deal with it and thankfully I got help. It isn't always obvious. My depression took the form of physical pain. I had a headaches post breaking down in the middle of the road ones.  I couldn't speak to my family but thankfully my doctor was smart. He figured it out even when I prevaricated. I had proper professional help and it prevented any future mishaps. There's a huge stigma associated with mental health issues in Asia, people don't talk about it and there's this massive amount of shame associated with it. I'd like to reiterate what you've said. Get help, by all means get help if you feel like that. Suicide is never the way. 

Well after watching with subs i don't get where this greedy, brat, selfish Jisoo bashing comes from lol . She didn't even come back to the Choi because she thinks she deserves all those luxuries. She seems so distant or whatever... she wouldn't have left if Papa Seo didn't ask her 

All i see is her being hurt at the adults for ruining their lives thinking that they are some kind of objects to give, exchange, and return...

I was laughing at the preview when the crazy Choi mum asking her to read  more books and she was like " i don't like books". Haha....in your face

now i hope she will stop hurting and let go.  She seems to have lost it...

and to add on JIsoo isn't some kind of manipulative richard simmons that would manipulate hyuk and JA lmao.... she can be childish and whiny but do you think she is that kind of person? She wears her emotion on her sleeve without any bad or sly thoughts... she is just that naive.. 

Even right  now  Hyuk is the one who put interest in her. JA is hurting really bad but why blame JS for it? When it's the parents fault.... i wonder if JS commited suicide ... will people pity her? Nope people here  will even blame her for being weak, meek, whiny, Super SELFISH,  or guilt tripping everyone tsk tsk tsk

I remember reading how people say how strong JA is for going alone esp not going to her friend because how strong she is so different from JS... i wonder this is  what they call strong independent woman-_-

5 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

@angelwingssf I would add to what you've said. Depression comes in many form. Ji An, in my personal opinion was suffering from some form of it since the beginning. I can say that as I've myself had to deal with it and thankfully I got help. It isn't always obvious. My depression took the form of physical pain. I had a headaches post breaking down in the middle of the road ones.  I couldn't speak to my family but thankfully my doctor was smart. He figured it out even when I prevaricated. I had proper professional help and it prevented any future mishaps. There's a huge stigma associated with mental health issues in Asia, people don't talk about it and there's this massive amount of shame associated with it. I'd like to reiterate what you've said. Get help, by all means get help if you feel like that. Suicide is never the way. 

I am glad you got help and are better now.  I truly admire that.  People don't understand mental problems and they think the best solution is leaving this world.  My principle is that everyone should be raised with empathy and kindness for all people and hence this stigma would slowly diminish the shame / problems associated with it.  That said, every child / person is different and as long as they have some of it,  it is still good.  

Ji-soo was raised with love but was not taught how to feel empathy towards others or be kind or grateful towards them.  It has always been about herself and the culture in Asia is not geared towards that.  I live in the US and being kind and caring to others comes very easily here with the people -  when you need help about something or someone, you can find a plethora of resources and help.  My kids had to write a journal everyday and had to say what they were grateful for that day.  That opened up their minds and in addition, they have to do volunteer work in high school - a set number of hours are mandatory.  That helps them during tough times since they encounter people of different backgrounds and ethnicity.  Most of the asian culture during the growing years is more about studying and getting good grades and going to tuition.  Parents work hard to pay for these and it could not be easy.  But I hope the writer brings out the solutions which are better suited for the modern age.  I truly wish that she had not have gone through the suicidal path for Jian.  I am aware it is a drama and look forward to it, but it should be such that viewers can derive solutions from it instead of being teary eyed by watching such a drama.  

Stigma comes from being ignorant about the world and happenings around.  Nowadays with the internet being accessible to just about everyone, anything can be researched online incognito and can find help/ solution to these problem.  These stigmas will change, but probably at a slower pace than what some of us are used to.  But I want these dramas to be a pioneer for change instead of making it a makjang variety of it.  

@Nymeria289 @angelwingssf

@cheekychipmunk_stv How is Ji Soo not compassionate when she is going to her sisters workplace because she has not eaten? When she is asking how her sister feels because the Choi-household gives her a hard time?

And Ji Soo is not manipulative, she does not even know how to spell that word.

What testifies that Ji Soo is not suicidal? I‘m not minimizing Ji An‘s trouble just that Ji Soo needs to be taken serious too. Her behavior can lead to suicide when they don‘t start to see her. Someone needs to tell her that her pain and feelings are legit, that they are there for her. No one has done that yet.

If Ji Soo goes missing, people here would call here selfish and annoying even through it is a natural reaction because she has no one to go to (one family betrayed her, the other does not want here as she is right now). 

For me it is frustrating because I have seen young people with such behavior and they self-harmed themselves, only then everyone started to listen. I hope Ji Soo is barred from that.

It is interesting how we talk about mental health but not taking Ji Soo unstableness serious. She is searching for help but no one is helping her.

Archived