[Drama 2017-2018] My Golden Life, 황금빛 내인생

meechuttso

Ji Soo has the right to be angry....some of the questions asked in anger is justified. However, as long as she keeps the object of her ire limited within the sphere of Choi parents and Seo parents, I will cut her some slack. But she's exactly like her biological younger sister. I laughed at their similarities. Both are rebels, one's more crafty than the other. 

But, hands off Ji An. Ji An is where I draw the line. Ji Soo can't understand her or try to see her perspective, fair enough but don't intentionally treat her like a criminal, fraud or liar and mistreat her. As long as she does that, I'll be fine with this new version of Ji Soo.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, baduy said:

Don't underestimate Ji Su's smarts. Just a few minutes in a PC Bang and she straight away saw from the old on-line reports that there was something seriously fishy about the "abduction" tale, something that had escaped the family, successive squads of private detectives, and the police for 25 years.  And she lost no time in skewering Myeong Hui with what she'd worked out (and in a way that also suggested she's realized Myeong Hui knows more about it than Jae Seong does).  That was the grim undertone to all the fun stuff about table manners. Though that in itself had some hard edges that struck home.

Seo Hyeon tried to curry favor with Mama by reprising her previous role in "helping" her new-found sister by correcting her on points of etiquette. But it backfired with Ji Su. Chastised by Seo Hyeon by eating with soup spoon in one hand and chopsticks in the other, Ji Su simply remarked that eating that way was easier and Seo Hyeon ought to try it herself and see. Before Seo Hyeon had got over that shock, Ji Su followed through by pointing out that what really was bad manners in any family, rich or poor, was daring to correct her eonni like that.

BTW, it looks as though Ji Su's request to the taxi driver to turn the cab around is already being interpreted by the Ji Su hate squad here as her simply wanting to clingily follow Hyeok. But in the actual scene that causes Hyeok to decide to go back, and Ji Su to then tell the taxi driver to take her back to Incheon too, they both, independently, sensed there was something familiar about the figure they'd spotted at a considerable distance, though for obvious reasons they said nothing to each other about their hunch.

Thanks for translating 

loving this smart jisoo.. she is speaking her mind and putting that bratty seohyun in place. I will forever be glad with Mama Choi being flabbergasted at Jisoo . 

This time she will def meet someone that she can't control

so what if she isn't refined or a book smart college student? She is passionate about her dream and work

with her current cleverness, i feel like Jian's soul went into her body lol :tongue:

anyway no matter what she does, people here gonna bash her anyway.

Being nice-> so weak.. she won't be able to withstand the Choi

Being smart and brave -> arrogant selfish brat. Deserves the Choi (when in reality she is never in the Choi side nor she ever manipulates or lie to anyone)

Now she will be seen as the sly fox who gonna  manipulates JA and Hyuk...i just can't (where is this prediction coming from???) *based one slap* :rolleyes::lol:

I was hoping for her to be a cute couple with Hyuk but if writer wants him to be with JA, i don't mind too.  I'm always a sucker for bestfriend turn lovers anyway teehee

can't wait for the sisters to patch things up... hope they can clear their misunderstanding soon. 

Btw when will Seo parents get their punishment? 

I have the raw version from the torrent site I usually use, and I see that streaming sites take their raw from. Plus the subs from. I do not hear it too. So yes, I have  no idea where the amnesia idea came from. I have been reading the posts here quietly ( sorta for me ) and it suddenly appeared after the episode aired. I mean the whole amnesia idea.

Am currently on ep 52 of FH so good night all

3 hours ago, gutibear said:

Wow, that is a surprise... never once I thought Hyuk will find JA....
And it's not like I'm complaining or anything. It's great, I mean as long as it's not DK lol... Seriously, DK doesnt deserve JA right now...

After watching ep. 21, I asked myself, what will happen to Hyuk's character? Most of the screen time he appeared were together with JA or JS. If he's the second lead why do I feel he plays an insignificant role in the story. Upon reading your post, I'm glad Hyuk found her and I think the writer will further develop the entanglement of the four main leads in the story (JA, DK, JS and H). 

56 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I have the raw version from the torrent site I usually use, and I see that streaming sites take their raw from. Plus the subs from. I do not hear it too. So yes, I have  no idea where the amnesia idea came from. I have been reading the posts here quietly ( sorta for me ) and it suddenly appeared after the episode aired. I mean the whole amnesia idea.

Am currently on ep 52 of FH so good night all

I didn't hear in my stream and also assumed someone heard what my stream missed.

But it makes it much better if noamnesia of course.

Whoever started that filthy rumor, we shall turn ovwr to madame No Myeong Hee's wrath! LoL

5 minutes ago, meechuttso said:

I didn't hear in my stream and also assumed someone heard what my stream missed.

But it makes it much better if noamnesia of course.

Whoever started that filthy rumor, we shall turn ovwr to madame No Myeong Hee's wrath! LoL

I thought I heard nothing too but assumed my stream was lagging. Only caught the very last part.

When a shy, nice, kind girl becomes rebel as Ji Soo does now.......

We know that she really really hurted

They are both, Ji An & Ji Soo, in deep pain; their reactions are differents but

So, let them be in hell with you girls : let them suffer all of them

Seo family & Choi family : they are all responsible !

fighting Ji Soo  !! fighting Ji An !

We are assuming JA has amnesia??  I watched the last minutes of ep 22 a couple of times and I didn't hear JA say anything. If she does have partial amnesia, this would be very interesting. Might be a twist, who knows? I feel like Hyuk should be with JA. :bawling: 

1 hour ago, titania1000 said:

The original and official video of the scene uploaded on the YT channel of DramaKBS doesn't have it either. 

I have just finished to watch it and  i'm confused too on why we all started collectively to talk about amnesia  :unsure:

I did not see it either on the lip movement of the live stream.  Since it was posted, I thought I must have missed it.  She did raise her head when she was called her name.  I think everyone saw that.  

Tae Soo ahjusshi's behavior in episode 21 really made me furious. I get it he's worried about one daughter but as an adult, he ought to know that his words are pushing the knive deeper into Ji Soo's heart. I feel apart from Ji An, no one really thinks about any one. Be it their parents, be it Ji Soo, be it the VP and his wife or even Do Kyung oppa. 

Have not seen ep 22 yet, only the trailer... and loved it when Hyuk discovered her like that, looking so cute and clueless in that getup. I prefer her with Hyuk :D

Also at first I thought Ji An's role was being played really well but the past two episodes have made me feel both the twin sisters' roles have been played excellently. It's a treat to watch both these actresses, can't wait for Ji An and Ji Soo to rebond!!! 

Oh no not the tired amnesia plot would prefer they avoid that please.

Considering how they introduced Ji Soo's character and she is 28 years old and her behaviour this sudden change might be a bit hard to believe. I will wait and see the episode before I comment.

Yang Mi Jung did say that she kept her because she loved her and I think she does know her best and thought she will not be able to adapt because Ji An is not one to throw tantrums and insists on having her way. She even said often if Ji Soo doesn't want to do something she won't and her acting up is an extension of that behaviour.

Ok, maybe I was a bit hasty in saying no one really thinks about anyone because I felt really really upset about Ji An, all alone bearing it all, and going to die by herself and to the end saying sorry to others...... I know that Ji An's mom thought the decision she made was the best for her children (not justifying it). Do Kyung thought (probably) he was doing Ji An a favor by pushing her away. The VP and his wife (no matter how suffocating their home environment) they did love Ji An. Even the person I hate the most (at the moment), Ji An's dad, did do all he can for his family.. he's been trying his best for everyone's sake. Ji Soo.... Ji Soo may not have done any big sacrifices but she did worship and blindly believe her sister. The first person she thought of when all hell broke loose was Ji An, which speaks volumes about their relationship. But Ji An, poor Ji An, all by herself. 

Thank fully, since this is dramaland, we can assume that eventually Ji Soo will realise her mistakes and eventually will love, trust and look up to her sister as she did before. 

Omg amnesia... i hope not! Thats the only cliche I hate in any dramas. If it is I hope it don't last for more than 2 episodes. But if it is the only way for poor Jian to seek temporary solace from the Choi family and her own family, for her to forget all those and be happy again, and a chance for more development with Hyuk, I can just bear with it (but only if it is for 2 episodes). Hyuk had been too out of Jian's life for far too long, i know they won't end up together (though I still prefer him with Jian) but i hope to see him more involved with Jian. Before the drama started I wasn't expecting him to friend zone her and started to show interest in Jisoo so soon... i thought it would be a tangled relationship with him, Jian, Jisoo and DK at first.

Actually I missed the old strong-willed Jian who always talked in a tone so brightly and confidently before she moved in to the Choi family. The moment she moved in she became meek and subdued and she was obviously stressed out and unhappy. 

For now don't really care about the love lines of anyone, I just want and hope that Jian and Jisoo gets reconciled soon. Miss seeing their sisterly bond. Watching the scene of them in happier times playing at the beach, it really broke my heart.

On 12/11/2017 at 5:12 PM, Avaloki said:

Thank fully, since this is dramaland, we can assume that eventually Ji Soo will realise her mistakes and eventually will love, trust and look up to her sister as she did before. 

I laughed so much at their meal time conversations. Ji Soo was really good she hit them nicely and asked the right questions however not the character they introduced though but at least I laughed a lot at the Myung Hee's reactions.

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I'm having a little bit of shock reading this article: did our drama really reached 42%?:o

Can anyone translate it? 

Nothing to translate...

Says it hit 42.6%.  Not confirmed at the source yet.

http://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=1_1&area=00

The comment on the IG says - 'weekend drama history rewrite' !

I was going to predict >40% after the last scene, but with the amnesia comments held back. This is not surprising to me.

My heart was about to explode earlier in the last 5 minutes. This drama is in fact redefining the paradigm.

I just finished watching ep 21 with sub, and man it was just heavy to the heart with JA, although I’m also having my lowest point today in my life I feel helpless like JA.... with JS I just can see that she is exactly the reflection of her birth mom, menacing, cold and heartless. Serves that family right that they think they can do whatever they want because they are rich.....by the way there is no scene of JA meeting Hyuk? Maybe they just showed it in Korea? In the site that I watch nothing....

Anyway I just applaud the writer for keeping me hook, that final scene was really heart breaking because till the end JA still care about the people she love saying their names, but she must realize that she will burden them forever if she will commit suicde. For now I wanted to JS to be richard simmons a little to her birth family, can me inside but this family needs as well how they will cope up with JS for sure she will be pain in the a** even MY can’t believe that JA is not her real daughter, JS was raise to be a spoiled brat always getting what she wants, she will never be as talented and smart as JA she admitted that and she doesn’t care at all, let her be dark for a while to mess that family bwahahaha! 

1 hour ago, meechuttso said:

Nothing to translate...

Says it hit 42.6%.  Not confirmed at the source yet.

http://www.nielsenkorea.co.kr/tv_terrestrial_day.asp?menu=Tit_1&sub_menu=1_1&area=00

The comment on the IG says - 'weekend drama history rewrite' !

I was going to predict >40% after the last scene, but with the amnesia comments held back. This is not surprising to me.

My heart was about to explode earlier in the last 5 minutes. This drama is in fact redefining the paradigm.

Just check the nielsen link directly next time.

http://v.entertain.media.daum.net/v/20171113065007770?f=m

37.9%  not 40. it's amazing how many creative click baits the internets inspires. :wink:

2017111219512582020_1.jpg

LoL, she misses her fake daughter. This is soo like real life, ain't it?

http://star.mt.co.kr/stview.php?no=2017111219512582020

Archived