[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, stella77 said:

I know that is the hair style for this time period, my comment was on the actual wig. The bangs don’t look natural in the photo. 

Yeah, it doesn’t look that natural. Hopefully it will look better on tv screen. 

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Since you mentioned this part, I want to share my POV.

I think the writer did a great job here and knew what he is doing. We all know Wuji in novel is much much powerful but I think the reason behind that is the story of Tianquan Kingdom is different. In novel, he has no brother so being the only son of King and Crown Prince of Tianquan Kingdom, it's obvious he has higher power and authority. And we noticed it during Tai yuan Kingdom too when his brother came with an army to help PM. If not his wisdom and intelligence it would truly be trouble to win against PM and complete his mission. So I want to say that he has competition. Also I read in some posts that the King in novel is good person and loved Wuji despite of knowing he is not his own son while in drama we all know how he is, let it be during the Geya desert part or forgiving Fuyao. May be I will have clear idea once I read full novel. 

About Fuyao, I remember a scene from the novel. After fighting with Pei yuan when she came back, there was a moment when she felt attracted towards Wuji and she reminds herself that she is already 40 years old, how can she behave like teenager! I want to say Fuyao in novel is mature girl from modern era, have seen world, and ups and downs of life so I think that is the reason behind her being less vulnerable. While if you see Fuyao in novel, she is just 16 or 17 year old and hasn't seen outer world. Also the mountain people around her are all good, leaving that Pei yuan and her stupid maid. Still I (even Wuji :D ) found her more mature and badass if we compared her with other girls of her age. So if they want to remove the time travel part I think it's necessary for them to change her character at some level. Anyways I'm satisfied with their decision and result. :thumbsup:

All I wanted was that if they remove some episodes from that stupid Tanisha arc and add one more episode at last with lots of romantic moments between Wufu and a bed scene with some wire-work like ep 17 and 21. Ah, Just a Wishful thinking !!        

wishful thinking indeed.. well just missing them.. Wuji and FuYao.. sweet moments...

hello ... I'm new here .... I love legend of fuyao so much ... I'm a fan of yang mi ... I think yang mi is very beautiful woman,elegant,gorgeous ... she has a charm...so all the actors who acted with him definitely succeed and popular ... I love wufu,
i like their great love .... if possible .... I want wufu to exist in the real world but I understand ... this is just a drama
.... every night I must watch the wufu scene before going to bed hahahaha (crazy right)  
just hope ...oneday... yang mi and ethan will collaborate again 

On 8/20/2018 at 10:26 PM, phoenixfire25 said:

@Nudafu Thank you so much for the translation and explanation :kiss_wink: 

I also like drama's version more. The way Wuji deal with fake folian and cancelled their marriage was awesome. And that part when Wuji showed mirror to fake folian to see her real face was savage B)

Pleasure :thumbsup:

Exactly! It was very satisfying to see Wuji deal with the matter himself. I got the sense that while Wuji was polite at the start, there was no more Mr. Nice Guy after Fuyao's assault. Considering Zhangsun Wuji is reknown for ruthlessness and scheming, I'm not surprised with Wuji running Folian through a bit torture. It seemed like a message to say: only Zhangsun Wuji messes with others, no one gets to mess with him or his loved ones. Very in character. Neither in the novel or drama was Wuji ever apologetic about how he handled things in life. Unfortunately it isolated him - many people either were or felt distanced due to Wuji's status and/or ruthlessness. Fuyao was the only one who embraced him unconditionally. That's why Wuji treasured Fuyao so much. On the slight, but very funny downside, Wuji often enlisted Fuyao in more of his schemes because he had 110% trust in her. Then again, Fuyao was no one's hired-love help - I loved it when she outright refused to suss out the mad Taiyuan Eldest Princess because she felt it cruel. I think she is the only one ever to question the integrity of Wuji's Machiavellian schemes. Hoho...when Wuji broods over the chessboard, asking his personal guard if he is really that bad. Only your ladylove can crack through that supremely confident armour. 

23 hours ago, jadore1 said:

In what exact episode was this ? I want to go see that scene lollll ?  

It's a scene from the novel. You'll get to read it when https://trackest.blog/ translate to that part. This is really great because the novel fleshes out in great detail every single arc. And I think Fuyao is far more sarcastically funny in the novel. 

10 minutes ago, Nudafu said:

I loved it when she outright refused to suss out the mad Taiyuan Eldest Princess because she felt it cruel. I think she is the only one ever to question the integrity of Wuji's Machiavellian schemes. Hoho...when Wuji broods over the chessboard, asking his personal guard if he is really that bad. Only your ladylove can crack through that supremely confident armour. 

Yes, that is a good scene, it also made him understand how righteous she is and his smile afterward says it all, how much he liked her for that !

I also like that cave scene in ep 17 when they were going to palace(towards the water formation) and he asked if she will stay with him like this if he is the same like those power hungry kings and her reply. I felt bad that he was doing that not for him but for his father, being a good son so that he could minimize his father's pain which was caused by his mother.

1 hour ago, cukubidu said:

hello ... I'm new here .... I love legend of fuyao so much ... I'm a fan of yang mi ... I think yang mi is very beautiful woman,elegant,gorgeous ... she has a charm...so all the actors who acted with him definitely succeed and popular ... I love wufu,

i like their great love .... if possible .... I want wufu to exist in the real world but I understand ... this is just a drama

.... every night I must watch the wufu scene before going to bed hahahaha (crazy right)  

just hope ...oneday... yang mi and ethan will collaborate again 

Hiii... welcome to join with us. I'm so happy you join with us in this forum to sharing about our beloved series the legend of fuyao.yeah,yangmi really is proffesional and great actress. I same with you too really love this couple and until now no can change their place in my heart...LOL. Ethan is a great actor too, this series really have showed his acting skill and good performance. And your hope is same with me too. Hope can see them again in another series, is it historical drama again or modern drama? Maybe i will really look forward to it. Hope the director can see and feel what we want... LOL

5 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Finally made it to the end. I loved this drama up until about the last five episodes when the pace changed and dwelled in flashbacks.  I  always thought uncle Zhou was more than met the eye.   Have to admit though, these last episodes were kind of forced and did not flow like the rest of  the drama. I could not stand that lump of burning coal. (why must Cdramas use such cheesy props?)   And I was miffed that Fuyao complained in her last breaths over how hard they had it.  After all, everyone who she met up with had it hard, and poor Seven!  but at least we know what happened to him. The rest of her "friends" who went to save them, just disappear and no epilogue shows us what happened to them. Then that cheesy bliss world scene, we don't know if they are in heaven land being rewarded for the hard time they had, or back in the kingdom as king and and queen. And what about everyone else?  Oh well.  I did love this drama up until then. Charming cast. And never felt bored until those last few episodes.  

Sorry just a newbie to logging in to Soompi [I've had difficulties with this website dunno why] but I wrote a fanfic! It's concerning the direction of the drama, which I really think should be longer. And I really suspect it is longer but I think SART is to blame for that [historical drama crackdowns, you see]. I'm just happy they made this wonderful show, and I'm still having withdrawals. I hope the admins will allow this link [if then please remove it, thank you :)

http://ultra-violet-heart.tumblr.com/post/176972072028/when-the-lotus-meets-the-genius-a-legend-of-fuyao

48 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Gahhhh.  That fringe though... :joy:

It’s horrendous for sure. I’ve seen much better hairstyles for republican era. It looks terrible even on the poster but somehow yang mi can pull it off. It gives her an Audrey Hepburn feel. 

Anyhow, yang mi gets a lot of hate on jaynstars.com. Even Ethan...it’s strange because I though Hong Kong loves Yang mi, but posters on jaynestars tell me otherwise. She gets so much bashing on any article related to her. People are complaining about her acting in fuyao when it’s obvious they didn’t even watch the whole series. I also admit that it took a couple of episodes for Yang mi to get into character, but she totally wowed me in so many episodes as did Ethan. Oh well, haters are going to hate.

25 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

It’s horrendous for sure. I’ve seen much better hairstyles for republican era. It looks terrible even on the poster but somehow yang mi can pull it off. It gives her an Audrey Hepburn feel. 

Anyhow, yang mi gets a lot of hate on jaynstars.com. Even Ethan...it’s strange because I though Hong Kong loves Yang mi, but posters on jaynestars tell me otherwise. She gets so much bashing on any article related to her. People are complaining about her acting in fuyao when it’s obvious they didn’t even watch the whole series. I also admit that it took a couple of episodes for Yang mi to get into character, but she totally wowed me in so many episodes as did Ethan. Oh well, haters are going to hate.

Jaynestar is a lot more freedom than here. This forum tend to be used by the star’s fans, especially the case when it’s the star’s drama’s thread. So in here, YM will get all the love. Compare to Jaynestar, where it’s normal viewers, a wide range of audiences, so there would be more opposite views to yours. Also Jaynestar is quite small, I wouldn’t say Jaynestar represent HK, and if you actually read the article, it said Fuyao is well received in HK, the people that comments on Jaynestar are not representing all HK people.

there is haters, but there is also people’s taste different to yours. People on Jaynesrars said they don’t like her acting and don’t like fuyao, but that’s all they say, they didn’t bash her rudely, it is just their opinions, they said their thoughts, they moved on. A negative opinion is not really bashing. 

1 hour ago, Alila Nguyen said:

Jaynestar is a lot more freedom than here. This forum tend to be used by the star’s fans, especially the case when it’s the star’s drama’s thread. So in here, YM will get all the love. Compare to Jaynestar, where it’s normal viewers, a wide range of audiences, so there would be more opposite views to yours. Also Jaynestar is quite small, I wouldn’t say Jaynestar represent HK, and if you actually read the article, it said Fuyao is well received in HK, the people that comments on Jaynestar are not representing all HK people.

there is haters, but there is also people’s taste different to yours. People on Jaynesrars said they don’t like her acting and don’t like fuyao, but that’s all they say, they didn’t bash her rudely, it is just their opinions, they said their thoughts, they moved on. A negative opinion is not really bashing. 

i agree that there will be wide difference of opinions. even when the articles tend to be neutral or positive towards various stars/series, over the years, what i read in the comments sections have been mostly negative towards yang mi.  more recently, based on articles on fuyao and the great craftsman, i see many repetitive comments along these lines:

her acting is static. which i disagree on. her acting has improved. previously, i thought it was formulaic although acceptable for an "idol" actress, but her performance in fuyao proved to me otherwise.

she is in every series. dilireba has been in more series than her last year and probably more this year, but no one on jaynestars is complaining about that to the same degree as yangm i. for a while, lss was in every tang ren series and churning out more series than yang mi, but i didn't see the same complaint.

she has had too much plastic surgery. i cannot comment on this, but i have to admit that i do see some changes. i prefer her the way she was previously but this could be due to aging and pregnancy. so i don't really take issue with this, but i don't find it relevant to many of her articles.

i don't expect people to think she's the greatest. i just think it's ridiculous that the same set of people who praise lyf, lss, and suzy  from miss A for their "acting" will bash yang mi who has demonstrated a much wider range. i shouldn't be surprised but somehow i am. but i'm not fanatic enough to go out of my way to defend yang mi against a group of anti-fans. i'd rather invest my energy communicating with like minded people.

i didn't bother to comment there as i'm not there to change anyone's opinion. i understand haters will hate unreasonably, and it's futile to attempt to influence others' opinions. i'm just giving my view that there's been quite a bit of negative opinions towards yang mi compared many other chinese (non-hk)  actresses.  

10 hours ago, maddymappo said:

there's been a few post about the happy ending being in their current lives as wufu. the pair did not die. go back and read josephine quino's post for a more detailed analysis. after watching the final episode, i think there are certain messages that were lost in the sub. it wasn't until i read her post again that the ending made sense as i felt the translation didn't fully portray how wuji was able to get his power back to survive and help their friends survive.

also, the conversation at the end took place in tianqian and it appears that fuyao was continuing their conversation about wuji's poem. she is still harboring some jealousy for the possibility of wuji writing that poem to a sect sister and is probing further. they look like they have been comfortably living with each other for a while as fuyao is no longer as shy with wuji's affection and is openly displaying affection towards him too.

1 hour ago, Alila Nguyen said:

I agree that those in jaynestars don’t represent HK audiences. And some people have different taste as ours, I agree. I don’t like Ethan as Wuji so I understand why some people in jaynestars said those things about Ethan. Are those opinions negative? yes but it’s not bashing. 

As for yang mi’s acting, I honestly do think that she has improved but I don’t really care about others’ opinion. People are biased. And I am too. As long as her acting continues to improve, I will appreciate her efforts. 

IMO even if one day Yang Mi wins a prestige acting award, some people will still think that her acting is not good. 

3 hours ago, Di~ said:

So you don’t like it? Haha.. 

PS : I’ll reply to your post and pm asap. 

It looks fake but she looks cute for sure.

Just that for me, with that bang... she don't look sophisticated to me.

Hahaha

4 hours ago, dramaaddiction said:

i don't expect people to think she's the greatest. i just think it's ridiculous that the same set of people who praise lyf, lss, and suzy  from miss A for their "acting" will bash yang mi who has demonstrated a much wider range. i shouldn't be surprised but somehow i am. but i'm not fanatic enough to go out of my way to defend yang mi against a group of anti-fans. i'd rather invest my energy communicating with like minded people.

To me it’s kinda obvious that if it’s always the same people that gave Yang Mi those comments then it means they are biased.

I agree with you about what you said, Yang Mi might not be the best actress out there but she’s definitely not the worst. 

That’s why I never defend Yang Mi. It’s useless, they will still hold againts her no matter what I say (or what she does)

Now I just want to share this article from TIFF

Spoiler

5F121A74-A054-41BA-8D3E-E86320ED5235.jpe

48DEC7F4-9578-4A33-9412-055704A06727.jpe

F7252426-C852-48A9-81BB-B5281B7F57E3.jpe

source https://www.tiff.net/tiff/baby/

Let’s just see if Jiang Meng will be Yang Mi’s breakthrough role or not. 

Archived