[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/19/2018 at 11:16 AM, Don Yu said:

Wonder when we can see a trailer?

I wonder what else is next in Wuxia world?

There is no trailer yet. 

Just to add about what yang mi gained from Fuyao : as of now, she’s gained 7 million more followers on weibo. 

1 hour ago, Di~ said:

There is no trailer yet. 

Just to add about what yang mi gained from Fuyao : as of now, she’s gained 7 million more followers on weibo. 

That's great. I thought she was already so popular in China so I didn't think she'd gain that much more. For sure, I thought Ethan's number would be higher than yang mi's because now all of China will keep an eye out for him. I'm so happy for both actors...well deserved.

Any updates on the great craftsman with yang mi?

1 hour ago, stella77 said:

Yey!! I knew his performance will win fans like Mark’s did. Overall happy for everyone, including YM. 

I'm happy for yang mi too because despite the series’ shortcomings, I thoroughly enjoyed it. It knocks all other otp chemistry out of the park ...I didn't think it was possible for me to obsess over an otp like I do with wufu.

1 hour ago, Di~ said:

it's still 13.99 billion views in China. I think 16.8 billion is the number of views in all platforms.

Now only VIP members can watch Fuyao on Tencent. That’s why the viewing rate has been slowing down greatly. 

The link to see fuyao on tencent

https://m.v.qq.com/cover/6/639agzdh10yu2q2.html?ptag=v_qq_com%23v.play.adaptor%231&vid=h0026bujx5s

you can see the number of views there

From what I understand, while the drama is being aired, it was only broadcasted on Tencent. And the view should be almost 14 billion now on Tencent alone. Now that it has finished its run, Tencent view is only opened to VIP, I think. But I am not sure if it is also broadcasted on another platform besides Tencent since the drama ended already. That's why the online view is over 16 billion according to that website. This is possible as well but I am sure that before the drama ended, it was only broadcasted in Tencent. 

3 minutes ago, ilmm said:

From what I understand, while the drama is being aired, it was only broadcasted on Tencent. And the view should be almost 14 billion now on Tencent alone. 

It’s still broadcasted only on Tencent. So either jaynestars was wrong or it’s also counted from the other platforms in other countries beside China (like iqiyi in HK if I’m not wrong) etc. 

3 minutes ago, Di~ said:

It’s still broadcasted only on Tencent. So either jaynestars was wrong or it’s also counted from the other platforms in other countries beside China (like iqiyi in HK if I’m not wrong) etc. 

That is possible as well.

58 minutes ago, dramaaddiction said:

That's great. I thought she was already so popular in China so I didn't think she'd gain that much more. 

Any updates on the great craftsman with yang mi?

It means she’s well received as Fuyao

regarding the great craftsman, I’m happy to share you these pics

Spoiler

DDFE1000-2B44-45B2-9E5E-7B399233F77D.jpe

76A624E2-3350-457A-B356-9C1E46F69FBF.jpe

3 hours ago, rinkyu said:

I'm looking forward to watch this drama. She looks cute with the hairdo :wub:

I was about to say that the wig isn’t so good, specifically the bangs/fringe - it is too blob-y? YM always looks great though. 

52 minutes ago, stella77 said:

I was about to say that the wig isn’t so good, specifically the bangs/fringe - it is too blob-y? YM always looks great though. 

that’s the usual hairstyle in republican drama. You will get used to it after a while. 

23 minutes ago, Di~ said:

that’s the usual hairstyle in republican drama. You will get used to it after a while. 

I know that is the hair style for this time period, my comment was on the actual wig. The bangs don’t look natural in the photo. 

18 hours ago, dramaaddiction said:

someone had mentioned that she wished the series did not decrease wuji's invinciibility as he was almost untouchable in the novel...but another person argued that left too much of a power difference between the couple. i wish the show left fuyao's character untouched (minus the time travel aspect) as she seems so much more badass and less vulnerable. we need that and yang mi could have pulled that off (thinking of how fuyao soccer punch senior yan with nine heaven breach).

Since you mentioned this part, I want to share my POV.

I think the writer did a great job here and knew what he is doing. We all know Wuji in novel is much much powerful but I think the reason behind that is the story of Tianquan Kingdom is different. In novel, he has no brother so being the only son of King and Crown Prince of Tianquan Kingdom, it's obvious he has higher power and authority. And we noticed it during Tai yuan Kingdom too when his brother came with an army to help PM. If not his wisdom and intelligence it would truly be trouble to win against PM and complete his mission. So I want to say that he has competition. Also I read in some posts that the King in novel is good person and loved Wuji despite of knowing he is not his own son while in drama we all know how he is, let it be during the Geya desert part or forgiving Fuyao. May be I will have clear idea once I read full novel. 

About Fuyao, I remember a scene from the novel. After fighting with Pei yuan when she came back, there was a moment when she felt attracted towards Wuji and she reminds herself that she is already 40 years old, how can she behave like teenager! I want to say Fuyao in novel is mature girl from modern era, have seen world, and ups and downs of life so I think that is the reason behind her being less vulnerable. While if you see Fuyao in novel, she is just 16 or 17 year old and hasn't seen outer world. Also the mountain people around her are all good, leaving that Pei yuan and her stupid maid. Still I (even Wuji :D ) found her more mature and badass if we compared her with other girls of her age. So if they want to remove the time travel part I think it's necessary for them to change her character at some level. Anyways I'm satisfied with their decision and result. :thumbsup:

All I wanted was that if they remove some episodes from that stupid Tanisha arc and add one more episode at last with lots of romantic moments between Wufu and a bed scene with some wire-work like ep 17 and 21. Ah, Just a Wishful thinking !!        

Archived