[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Legend of Fuyao 扶摇

sugarplum892

38 minutes ago, shivauchiha said:

exactly she is a zhangsun if that's the case how did the feng family descend over the ages , maybe its a weird coincidence?

Fuyao's uncle and cousin were still alive in LOF but I'm sure there are other Feng females who were born illegitimately (like fuyao was in the novel).

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my rewatch of this show I now realize how long Wuji’s emperor father was plotting to have Wuji kill Prince De.

The first mention of it is was when Wuji supposedly died in the Geya desert. When his eunuch asked him if he wanted Prince Yi to fight Prince De over the throne and basically have Prince De killed, the emperor father responded that the only person he desired to kill Prince De is Wuji. 

The second time was when Prince De wanted to rescue the empress after he learned “emperor wicked” was slowly poisoning her for years. After Prince De escaped the guards in the palace, emperor wicked appeared to inform the impress that the stage was set now for a good show. He obviously was setting everything up for Prince De to rebel and if Wuji was still alive, to have him kill Prince De.

I’m surely not seeing his supposed love for Wuji this second time viewing the show. 

I’m starting the Tiansha arc and I try to motivate myself by thinking of it as payback to Zhan Nan Cheng for colluding with Prince Ding a Ling to have Fu Yao killed and for colluding with Qi Zhen to invade Taiyun. That way I feel more motivated even though I like ZBY well enough. 

By the way, I seem to vaguely remember that there was some discussion on Fu Yao not have enough time in this story to shine but I have to heartily disagree. This story shows Fu Yao as an amazing character despite her stubbornness at times. She have a lot of powerful moments and she truly shines even when she’s at her worst. Still, an epic story cannot be told with only a single character. For me Wuji’s character does not take away from Fu Yao’s heroism in any way. The two of them together work really well and now that I understand more of the story I really appreciate these two and even the supporting characters. Even Yao Bao? is such a lovable little character.

i'm still rewatching their early flirting stages (saving the last two episodes for this evening).

it's so funny how wuji is so sexist and chauvinistic around fuyao (or maybe he's being extremely chivalrous in his mind). he keeps repeating that women should not fight or be too daring; it's a man's job to protect women. you'd think a man like this would take issues with hitting women. yet, he has no qualms with knocking down taiyan in all the scenes that she appears in and he has no problem with torturing fake folian. he also has no problem with putting consort tang in her place when he reveals his true color to save fuyao from qi zhen. around fuyao, he insists men need to protect women, but he only does that for fuyao. when it comes to other women, he doesn't think twice about hurting them and making them fend for themselves. oh...the double standards he has when it comes to fuyao versus others. it's like he says, fuyao deserves nothing but the best in his eyes.

i find it ironic that he preaches to her yet does the opposite for all other women (except for his mom).

Hi All ... I'll take another week of break from LOF. Yayyy... memory of it is getting very blurry now. Will start re-watching from Ep 1 next coming weekend. By then, I should be watching LOY and our WuFu's journey from being strangers to the best OTP ever in C-dramas (for me) with anew passion :wub:

wufu_1.jpg

1 hour ago, pristineqi said:

Hi All ... I'll take another week of break from LOF. Yayyy... memory of it is getting very blurry now. Will start re-watching from Ep 1 next coming weekend. By then, I should be watching LOY and our WuFu's journey from being strangers to the best OTP ever in C-dramas (for me) with anew passion :wub:

wufu_1.jpg

Haiii too ....LOL. oh yeah,do you already get the dvd of LOF? I haven't get the dvd yet. 

@Nudafu Thank you so much for the explanation of novel part.

When Fuyao broke her 3rd seal and regain her memories, and her fight against the demon in last are my fav part. Their acting, the BGM and the editing staff too did a great job here. I had goosebumps while watching that part.

Can you tell me fuyao's reaction when she got to know about Wuji's identity as Crown Prince of Tianquan kingdom? Actually the Tianquan Arc changed so much compared to the the novel and honestly I liked the drama more in that case but I'm curious to know what happened in novel unfortunately in english translation we are still at Yao city.

Now i'm rewatched ftly while waiting my fuyao's dvd will come out on the market

Spoiler

I find ethan at ftly already have a good acting and not rigid in his role but not as good and perfect as him in legend of fuyao. His acting in fuyao is the best. And of course yangmi's acting is very commensurate with him. And i'm still wufu couple is the best...LOL. just in ftly have a bed scene and kiss scene with good angle ...LOL . Why i'm still hope this happens in LOF :wub: 

46 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Heavy sweetness Ash looks to be pretty big ;p its over 2% on TV and 4bil views so far.

I haven't had time to watch it yet. I will later. Is it already over 2%? The last time I have known, it is a bit over 1%. Anyways, the drama is broadcasted in the prime time and various online platforms, so I am not that surprised with the figures. But I will try this drama after it ends.

4 minutes ago, ilmm said:

I haven't had time to watch it yet. I will later. Is it already over 2%? The last time I have known, it is a bit over 1%. Anyways, the drama is broadcasted in the prime time and various online platforms, so I am not that surprised with the figures. But I will try this drama after it ends.

It's airing on two channel's and it hit 1% on both.

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2017/11/drama-heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost.html

8 minutes ago, Wotad said:

It's airing on two channel's and it hit 1% on both.

http://www.chinesedrama.info/2017/11/drama-heavy-sweetness-ash-like-frost.html

I am not sure how the rating works. But from what I understand, the drama is only broadcasted under 1 channel. And the rating is controlled based on 2 main areas, cities and nationwide, simply the % of people in the city watching and % of people all over the country including cities and provinces watching. Based on the table, it is 1.25% people in the cities and 1.0% watching all over China. I think the overall rating is at 1% range, not the sum of the two. Thank you so much for sharing the link to me. The review on this drama is good. I will watch it later.

4 minutes ago, ilmm said:

I am not sure how the rating works. But from what I understand, the drama is only broadcasted under 1 channel. And the rating is controlled based on 2 main areas, cities and nationwide, simply the % of people in the city watching and % of people all over the country including cities and provinces watching. Based on the table, it is 1.25% people in the cities and 1.0% watching all over China. I think the overall rating is at 1% range, not the sum of the two. Thank you so much for sharing the link to me. The review on this drama is good. I will watch it later.

ah i see ;p

8 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Can you tell me fuyao's reaction when she got to know about Wuji's identity as Crown Prince of Tianquan kingdom? I'm curious to know what happened in novel unfortunately in english translation we are still at Yao city.

I'll have to go back and find it. Can't remember from the top of my head. I'll post it tomorrow. Working on a translation for Ashes of Love at the moment :D.

On 8/15/2018 at 4:41 PM, mrsj3n said:

Ladies and gentlemen.... I strongly believe the ending of Legend of Fuyao is a truly happy ending and our WuFu is alive.

Why?

Because in The Rise of Phoenixes....

Reveal hidden contents

Before the rise of Tiansheng Kingdom... the previous kingdom belongs to Zhangsun Mingde. 

And who has the surname of Zhangsun?

That is no one other then our dear Zhangsun Wuji....

Yes yes yes...

They are very much alive at the end.

can you give links to English translation of the original novel  that inspired the rise of phoenixes?

Archived