Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

I'm so happy that I'm crying really.. So glad she gave birth safely, so thankful to QH for helping with the fire, so happy that GTY came back on time, so grateful to all those that helped her fight of the Kang auntie and helped her in giving birth, so thankful to their son for staying strong.. In all, I'm so happy for them :bawling:

Aunt Kang died a horrible death.. But it was well deserved for her evilness that spilled on all those Shu daughters.. I think they all should give ML some kind of reward for exacting they revenge on her.. I would love it if all of them came to aunt funeral to spit on her coffin.. See what Old Mdm thinks about that while she's pleading to the Ed to punish GTY.. Her daughter has killed to many people.. Just hadone attempted the murder of Granny now she out after being broke out to try and kill again.. She got her just desert.. 

 

11 hours ago, dito said:

 

I know this will be easier to prove than something that ED frames him for. I just want this to make sense. For e.g. GTY owns the Bai family salt mines but has never managed them personally. So ED framing him for mismanagement of salt mines....that would be believable for me. But in this case, there are a lot of loop holes in the writing....which is annoying the hell out of me. This is making smart characters look stupid and on the top of that its questioning the viewers intelligence. 

First of all Kang Aunt escaping is the biggest logic fail for me. Like is it possible that ML, GTY, Changbai or Sheng family would leave a vicious woman like her not locked up...and without guards. :confused:

Another thing mentioned in the book was no one among the people involved in this matter was high enough in rank to go in front of the emperor to petition for Kang Aunt...except for GTY and ML....because of their titles.  

Stepmom getting a title makes sense now.....so she can cause trouble like this.....but why is Wang mother and son there.....son is not an official, I think.

 Somebody, please explain this to me so it makes sense.

@dito  Just as you said this is playing in the viewers intellegence.. Yes I could see the ED trying to frame GTY in regards to the salt mines but that would be still hard to prove because he never directly handle the mines all knows that he's the owner not the manager..  This big plot hole is unacceptable framing him for Aunt Kamgs murder.. I know step mom can't be this dumb as to go with the plot for a law suit when the other Shu daughter that Aunt Kang tried to offer to ML for GTY at Aunt Kang request can testify that Aunt Kang wanted her to kill herself just so she can frame ML for it and sue them killing ML.. Which Big Mdm (Danning) Evil Step Mom was all in on the plot.. Old Mdm is just mad and complaining about Aunt Kang being dead out of guilt.. How is it that GTY killed Aunt Kang in the court yard when she was in ML bedroom.. I guess she's (Evil Step Mom) claiming she witness GTY just kill this women for no reason..   

 

11 hours ago, minglan1 said:

I agree things don't appear to logical.I guess they are wrapping it up and still have to tie GTY's getting in a tight spot and ML saving him.Emperor solidifying his throne for good.This appears the convenient way out.Logic and dramas tend to part ways then catch up to again lag behind.I have seen very few series which have kept a tight grip on logic throughout. 

I haven't read the book so have no idea on the plot progression in it.

Aunt Kang's father was a highly respected official looks like they are trying to use his good name to cry foul in front of ED/emperor.

I guess it also will give QH a chance to redeem himself.

@minglan1  We've all been giving SH a hard time this wil be a chance to redeem himself and go to bat for his SIL putting his good  face,name and reputation on the line.. I just hope it's found out it was Molan that let her out all because she wanted to see ML and her child dead.. SH claim he would cut ties with her let's see if the writer expose her and the family ties are cut for good and she's kick out of her In-laws house..

 

10 hours ago, dito said:

That's what I'm hoping too. Either that or they use this accusation as an opportunity and construct a plan around it. Either way is fine.

And isn't ML managing his books...all his businesses and properties....ML has full knowledge about them. So she could have helped with the salt issue too.

@dito  GTY has and accountant in the home to show proof of what he do deal with. Yes he still has some salt mines in his possession but he has never done much with it.. It would be funny if the ED is trying to frame him for this when it's her and her family that's been ripping him off all these years..

 

9 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

Seeing old madam Wang, I understand why aunt Kang turned out to become that kind of person. Trying to protect her daughter is one thing, but claiming that she is pure and innocent, I wanna punch her face even though its frown upon to punch old people. 

 

But isn’t the poisoning case not made known outside of the Sheng manor (the house is blocked by Tu Er Ye and nobody going in/out). I think its because SH doesn’t wanna lose face about what happened. If that’s the case, then its understandable why GTY couldn’t bring up the issue. Also old madam has stepmother statement about Aunt Kang just went to the courtyard to help with the fire (I assume nobody knows that she was actually under arrest for poisoning grandma). And GTY killed her. I think this is also why ML apologised to GTY that her family brings him so much trouble. 

@shihuangdi  I think in order to save GTY ML is going to rip the masks off Old Lady Wang and the rest of them probably with the help of those Shu daughter since the old bat is claiming she's innocent.. Those Shu daughters can paint a pretty picture of Aunt Kang right along with the rest of the concubines with all the dead women bodies that have came out of her home..  

I can;t believe they want compensation for her death with all the evidence of her killing people because she married a bad poerson that she choose.. So it's everybody fault and they all supposed to give her..

 

8 hours ago, minglan1 said:

Clever madam Wang had to end up with 2 muddled daughters.She should be cursing fate to not have given her a smart girl like ML instead.

It's Karma for Old Lady Wang, She done some bad deeds to some not so intelligence people and it came back on her own children

Wait GTY is supposed to save the Emperor again and regain his title how is this supposed to happen for him if he get's exiled and become a foot soilder.?

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head. Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery? Thats why they say.... be c

adorable couple ============  

Aunti Kang short biography:   Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with th

1 hour ago, linhlinh111 said:

 

Yes someone finally said it. This scene is so wrong in so many levels it doesn't even make any sense at all. First, in ancient time no families with status could accept a non-virgin main wife, not to mention a pregnant one. This is an absolute no-no, non-negotiable. The only solution in that situation would be to drown Molan to preserve the family's reputation, or a forced abortion and grounded for the rest of her life would be the lightest punishment. Molan and CL should understand that very clearly and if they ever wanted Molan to be married off as a main wife then they are not dumb enough to pull that trick. In the book she pretended to fall into the pond and the Liang's son saved her, thus seeing her in wet transparent clothes. Being hugged is enough to throw her reputation off the balcony, but it is still within the acceptable scope for Grandma to negotiate and blackmail the Marquis. But losing her virginity is too big for any of Grandma's cards to work. When I was watching that scene I was like, WTF? Why didn't they keep it like the book this is so illogical.

Ever watched Pride and Prejudice the series? The one with Colin Firth? There is a scene  in which Colin Firth who plays Mr Darcy jumps into a pond with clothes and all. Comes out with wet transparent clothes. A VERY memorable moment. :w00t: Was NOT in the book tho. Jane Austen, the writer, was a virgin in late 1700’s-1800 England.

Sex sells...brings high ratings (unfortunately or fortunately). Take it with a grain of salt. The Story of Ming Lin,  has it flaws yes. But the overall acting, plot etc in my opinion diffuses it (the flaws). 

  • Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m0us3y said:

When Old Mdm Wang tried to send ML away saying that she's a married daughter hence should not meddle in Sheng issues, GTY responded "If so, why are you here?"

BURNNNN! :lol:

Old Mdm Wang reaction on both times were priceless! 

@m0us3y  So she consider ML isn't a Sheng just because she wasn't bore from her dumb daughter who she threw under the bus for Aunt Kang.. Only Danning has Sheng kids.? She must have not known of Danning putting her on her family registry. Wow yes she another one that had to have trouble with her husband and concubine born children.. This could be were Aunt Kang thought it was alright to treat her Shu daughters the way she did.. Glad GTY ask her why she was there.. For she's not a Sheng.. Old lady Wang just mad because they got the best of her the youngsters.. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, sava2sava said:

@m0us3y  So she consider ML isn't a Sheng just because she wasn't bore from her dumb daughter who she threw under the bus for Aunt Kang.. Only Danning has Sheng kids.? She must have not known of Danning putting her on her family registry. Wow yes she another one that had to have trouble with her husband and concubine born children.. This could be were Aunt Kang thought it was alright to treat her Shu daughters the way she did.. Glad GTY ask her why she was there.. For she's not a Sheng.. Old lady Wang just mad because they got the best of her the youngsters.. 

Actually no. She actually meant because she's married to GTY, hence should no longer meddle in Sheng's business.

It's like she belongs to Gu now. Not Sheng. 

Hence GTY retorted that Old Mdm Wang shouldnt be there too, because Mdm Kang is also married to the Kang Family, and technically no longer right for Wang to meddle. 

 

GTY will tear them apart for bullying ML. 

I believe even granny said so. 

 

If my understanding is correct:

Granny said she can now die peacefully since she knows someone else would do everything to protect her. 

GTY rushed back all the way from his official business, killing 2 horses on the way (died from exhaustion so he just kept changing horses to continue his journey rather than stop to rest) just to rush to her aid. 

She also mentioned that it seems that GTY will not let the Wang Family off easily because he will want to avenge ML being bullied. 

  • Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Poor Danning always been the black sheep of her family treated worst then a red headed step child.. This must have been the most hurtful eye opener ever.. Mother basically comes right out and show her how much she don't like her and played her mother can't stand you going to court card all to save Aunt Kang..:o:crazy: I think Danning should have gave her mom that bottle of poision thats left and told her if she wants to save Aunt Kang so bad to drink this.. Old Lady Wang thought she was slick, She just knew she could use SH to get Aunt Kang out of her mess.. If GTY and CB hadn't walk in she would have got away with it.. Even after SH spoke of how may killings have they covered up for her she still had the nerve to ask CB where was SH as if he had no say so in the matter..  

 

Here's to the man that ruled this episode

 

 

:thumbsup: CB Let That Old Lady Have It :thumbsup: Show her nothing she could do or say could save Aunt Kang..

  • Like 5
  • LOL 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

Actually no. She actually meant because she's married to GTY, hence should no longer meddle in Sheng's business.

It's like she belongs to Gu now. Not Sheng. 

Hence GTY retorted that Old Mdm Wang shouldnt be there too, because Mdm Kang is also married to the Kang Family, and technically no longer right for Wang to meddle. 

 

GTY will tear them apart for bullying ML. 

I believe even granny said so. 

 

If my understanding is correct:

Granny said she can now die peacefully since she knows someone else would do everything to protect her. 

GTY rushed back all the way from his official business, killing 2 horses on the way (died from exhaustion so he just kept changing horses to continue his journey rather than stop to rest) just to rush to her aid. 

She also mentioned that it seems that GTY will not let the Wang Family off easily because he will want to avenge ML being bullied. 

@m0us3y  Yes forgot about that logic, ML called it for Auntie Kang husband don't know of this because the old lady knows he would be filling divorce papers.. They came to clear the mess before he found out.. They been cleaning up her mess to keep her out of they house.. Both the Old Lady and Son knows of what she do and never giving any thought of the consequences because they've always cleaned up her mess.. With each incident her crimes had become more ruthless and violent then the other.. As long as she stayed married to the Kang house and not implicate the Wang house they would do whatever they had to just to keep the clan clean and intact.. Old Lady Wang could careless about Kang Clan.. Which I couldn't understand Aunt Kang son he is born under the Kang family name if they are to be executed so would he do he not know this.. He still hasn't figured out his mom could be the death of them all.. He should have told SH CB and ML I think my father needs to be here for this one. God forbid If she went back home only to pull stunts because everyone marriages are better then hers so hence she must go stir up trouble all because she's not happy and put the Wang Clan in the hot seat running her fathers good name with the court.. Old Lady Wang don't wanna be bothered with her.. Fearing the clan heads will roll behind her..  

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, dito said:

 

I know this will be easier to prove than something that ED frames him for. I just want this to make sense. For e.g. GTY owns the Bai family salt mines but has never managed them personally. So ED framing him for mismanagement of salt mines....that would be believable for me. But in this case, there are a lot of loop holes in the writing....which is annoying the hell out of me. This is making smart characters look stupid and on the top of that its questioning the viewers intelligence. 

First of all Kang Aunt escaping is the biggest logic fail for me. Like is it possible that ML, GTY, Changbai or Sheng family would leave a vicious woman like her not locked up...and without guards. :confused:

Another thing mentioned in the book was no one among the people involved in this matter was high enough in rank to go in front of the emperor to petition for Kang Aunt...except for GTY and ML....because of their titles.  

Stepmom getting a title makes sense now.....so she can cause trouble like this.....but why is Wang mother and son there.....son is not an official, I think.

 Somebody, please explain this to me so it makes sense.

Wang son is at least third grade official since he is wearing purple robe similar rank as GTY though GTY has noble title. The officials from grade 1 to 3 seems to wear purple but they are then divided into scholar, military and having nobility title. I guess he just got promoted to this grade and was the reason they were being able to move back to the capital. Wang dead grandfather was imperial tutor whose his spiritual tablet was placed in imperial temple as an honor. So, his wife Wang grandma also has noble title. The son is not as powerful like his father. Aunty Kang's husband is imperial secretary. SH is part of office related to making laws, announcing laws and imperial decrees. I guess an official being able to reside at the capital not all depends on the rank but also depends on their offices. 

 

Aunty Kang's room was locked and shui niang (Lin Yiniang's old maid) broke it open with stone. She also made the mama who were guarding to leave to help with fire. Molan paid her to do that and I'm pretty sure Shui niang might have bribed some others as well. Shui niang is also the one that started the fire. She was supposed to do laboral chores like cleaning the toilet bowls, starting fire, doing errands for the kitchen etc. I think the water she used to kill the fire as soon as it started must not be water as fire got bigger after. 

However, I agree that there are a lot of plot holes. GTY could have avoided killing Aunty Kang with his ability in martial arts. He could have knocked her out with throwing unsheathed knife to her head even if he wasn't close enough to pull her away from ML when he arrived. The writers changed Aunty Kang stabbing ML instead of MN, GTY killing her and Wang family joining hands with stepmom to create opportunities for ML to save GTY, to make them closer, and to show their feelings to each other. Another OTP working together scene which doesn't seem logical enough to cause GTY being imprisoned and demoted to foot soldier. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

Wang son is at least third grade official since he is wearing purple robe similar rank as GTY though GTY has noble title. The officials from grade 1 to 3 seems to wear purple but they are then divided into scholar, military and having nobility title. I guess he just got promoted to this grade and was the reason they were being able to move back to the capital. Wang dead grandfather is imperial grand tutor and his spiritual tablet was placed in imperial temple as an honor. So, his wife Wang grandma also has noble title. The son is not as powerful like his father. Aunty Kang's husband is imperial secretary. SH is part of office related to making laws, announcing laws and imperial decrees. I guess an official being able to reside at the capital not all depends on the rank but also depends on their offices. 

 

Aunty Kang's room was locked and shui niang (Lin Yiniang's old maid) broke it open with stone. She also made the mama who were guarding to leave to help with fire. Molan paid her to do that and I'm pretty sure Shui niang might have bribed some others as well. Shui niang is also the one that started the fire. She was supposed to do laboral chores like cleaning the toilet bowls, starting fire, doing errands for the kitchen etc. I think the water she used to kill the fire as soon as it started must not be water as fire got bigger after. 

However, I agree that there are a lot of plot holes. GTY could have avoided killing Aunty Kang with his ability in martial arts. He could have knocked her out with throwing unsheathed knife to her head even if he wasn't close enough to pull her away from ML when he arrived. The writers changed Aunty Kang stabbing ML instead of MN, GTY killing her and Wang family joining hands with stepmom to create opportunities for ML to save GTY, to make them closer, and to show their feelings to each other. Another OTP working together scene which is again forced. 

 

I like the otp and their scene. The more the better. As the title is The Story of Minglan, of course Ml and her otp take the centre of the drama. 

I like the drama and i don't care whether it's different with the novel or not and I read the novel too. The changes make the drama more exciting and fulfilling. 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

 @sava2sava I hope SH grows a spine and whole heartedly helps his daughter with the looming trouble that is upon the couple.

I guess even if demoted GTY can gain back his status and goodwill from the emperor since he isn't in the wrong.He has been a victim.There are proofs  to proove his innocence which ML will surely use.

Empress,Prince Huan,Gen Sheng,GenZhang who have been helped by them better come through for GTY and ML uh their moment of crisis. 

 

@nrbrown I loved Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy in the Pride and Prejudice adaptation. :wub: It was one of the best interpretation of the novel for me. The era / novel inaccuracies notwithstanding.

 

@Suzzy San Bless Changbai's wife for sending the letter to get her husband home. ML had been single handedly trying to get Aunt Wang punished.She was tired exhausted given her late stage of pregnancy.If not for GTY and her brother the issue would have dragged on to burden her.

  • Like 10
  • Love 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dito said:

Another person scarred by PA...nice to meet you.:lol:

PA was the reason I stopped watching Chinese dramas for a few years. That drama's name should be "How to screw over the fans".

I completely agree with you! Nice to meet you too!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Thankfully I think that GTY went to have a sincere talk with him before the frame up after he helped with the fire.. I think they both talked a lot and GTY was like does he now understand things better and QH expression was like he gets it all now.. So I hope he will also help the emperor now too.. 

I do not think QH is currently an official in imperial court as a Yushi. So, QH won't be involved with this accusation towards GTY. QH requested emperor to dismiss him from his office since he didn't believe that ED sign/stamp the approval to call biological father of emperor as imperial father and he himself believe that emperor should call his biological father imperial uncle. Emperor approved his request and dismissed him earlier. 

 

GTY was saying that he and his entire family is thankful to QH for helping with the fire. He then said there are a lot of misunderstandings in the past between them and he also has his own faults. Since it is in the past, let bygone be gone. After that, he encourages QH by saying you are a smart person and you will have your own successful career (he actually used you will have your own sky and land: chinese idiom). GTY then said goodbye indicating he has many things to arrange at home and he will come again with wife, child and gifts to show his sincere thanks to him again. QH said it is unnecessary to do so. Then, GTY turned around said to QH that ED did stamp the letter herself approving emperor to give imperial titles to his father, mother and wives of his father. Basically, GTY was saying ED was just pretending she was forced to sign while being drunk to make QH believe that emperor and his group are doing unlawful stuff to create disturbance in court. (Their conversation was nothing about ML) 

 

7 hours ago, shihuangdi said:

OK, we now have an additional evil here. That old madam Wang. I mean how could she just throw her other daughter under the bus just to save her favourite daughter? And not just her daughter but also her grandchildren as well :skull:

Actually, at first, old Madam Wang was siding over with Daniang and going to make Aunty Kang admit her fault when she slapped her. Then, she was guilt-tripped by Aunty Kang saying that her marriage was arranged by her parents and it was very painful and troublesome one that she did not have a good life. She blamed her parents for her marriage and that the old Madam is responsible to save her. If she is found guilty of doing something bad, her husband will divorce her and her children will be in trouble. Aunty Kang also give the old Madam idea by saying her younger sister won't be in trouble as she has successful son and daughters who were married up and that Sheng family won't do anything to Daniang. That was the reason old Madam ended up trying to bargain SH and ML on livelihoods of Daniang children using Daniang as someone who actually send the poison to the grandma if this case was brought up to the court.

When Daniang got really angry at her and said that just to regard herself having only one daughter, Old Madam Wang actually said that she was just using tactics so that SH and ML go easy on Kang but she wasn't going to really ignore Daniang. 

 

3 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@m0us3y  Yes forgot about that logic, ML called it for Auntie Kang husband don't know of this because the old lady knows he would be filling divorce papers.. They came to clear the mess before he found out.. They been cleaning up her mess to keep her out of they house.. Both the Old Lady and Son knows of what she do and never giving any thought of the consequences because they've always cleaned up her mess.. With each incident her crimes had become more ruthless and violent then the other.. As long as she stayed married to the Kang house and not implicate the Wang house they would do whatever they had to just to keep the clan clean and intact.. Old Lady Wang could careless about Kang Clan.. Which I couldn't understand Aunt Kang son he is born under the Kang family name if they are to be executed so would he do he not know this.. He still hasn't figured out his mom could be the death of them all.. He should have told SH CB and ML I think my father needs to be here for this one. God forbid If she went back home only to pull stunts because everyone marriages are better then hers so hence she must go stir up trouble all because she's not happy and put the Wang Clan in the hot seat running her fathers good name with the court.. Old Lady Wang don't wanna be bothered with her.. Fearing the clan heads will roll behind her..  

I don't think in the beginning, Wang family knows of Aunty Kang's involvement in poisoning Sheng grandma. It was Aunty Kang's maid Qiu mama who told the son to go to Wang family and bring Old Madam, aunt and uncle to Sheng house as she probably know something is up when her own two sons, Aunty Kang and maids did not come home overnight. Qiu mama probably told the son not to tell his father. Yes, after Wang old Madam found out Aunty Kang's involvement and guilt-tripped by Aunty Kang blaming her for her bad marriage, Old Madam starts using strategies in her talk to save her daughter.

The Old Madam Wang must be saving and cleaning up Aunty Kang's masses all long because her daughter has been threatening and making her guilty by saying her life is miserable with husband who doesn't care, love or respect her but took in many concubines. People Aunty Kang has killed are her husband pregnant concubines and maids. 

 

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Golden Flower said:

Wang son is at least third grade official since he is wearing purple robe similar rank as GTY though GTY has noble title. The officials from grade 1 to 3 seems to wear purple but they are then divided into scholar, military and having nobility title. I guess he just got promoted to this grade and was the reason they were being able to move back to the capital. Wang dead grandfather is imperial grand tutor and his spiritual tablet was placed in imperial temple as an honor. So, his wife Wang grandma also has noble title. The son is not as powerful like his father. Aunty Kang's husband is imperial secretary. SH is part of office related to making laws, announcing laws and imperial decrees. I guess an official being able to reside at the capital not all depends on the rank but also depends on their offices. 

 

Aunty Kang's room was locked and shui niang (Lin Yiniang's old maid) broke it open with stone. She also made the mama who were guarding to leave to help with fire. Molan paid her to do that and I'm pretty sure Shui niang might have bribed some others as well. Shui niang is also the one that started the fire. She was supposed to do laboral chores like cleaning the toilet bowls, starting fire, doing errands for the kitchen etc. I think the water she used to kill the fire as soon as it started must not be water as fire got bigger after. 

However, I agree that there are a lot of plot holes. GTY could have avoided killing Aunty Kang with his ability in martial arts. He could have knocked her out with throwing unsheathed knife to her head even if he wasn't close enough to pull her away from ML when he arrived. The writers changed Aunty Kang stabbing ML instead of MN, GTY killing her and Wang family joining hands with stepmom to create opportunities for ML to save GTY, to make them closer, and to show their feelings to each other. Another OTP working together scene which is again forced. 

@Golden Flower  How is it that Wang son became and official when he hadn't took the exams yet.. I remember him telling Aunt Kang he would pass with his own abilities.. All I could think of is when outsiders come into the palace to meet the King, ED or the Empress they are strip search to avoid anything that could be used as a weapon to do bodily harm.. 

 

Checking out ep 67.. It seems that GTY told evil step mom that he was going to kill his 3rd brother.. Looks like the wife left after telling Evil mother in-law a thing or two for involving her husband in such a horrible plan.. Evil step mom and servants has no place to go after the main house is burnt to the ground.. It seems like she's also trying to enlist the 4th anf 5th house in on the plan to frame GTY and I don't think they going for it afterall they still rely in GTY to support them.. Even if GTY goes to prison his son is around to carry the title and ML could be the guardian of it all until son comes of age or GTY gets out of prison.. So Evil step mom has no other choice but to gang up with the Wangs to go after GTY.. Old Mdm Wang knows her daughter was there to exact revenge on ML but may have got the idea to frame GTy and ask for compensation from evil step mom who needs money to survive because she's homeless and son on the run.. Well it's getting more interesting by the minute.. I like to see what our sherlock holmes will do to get her out out of the hot seat and have the Emperor giving the green light to breakup the houses..

 

Now I do think the 3rd brother is going to be found and begging for his life in exchange for exile he'll spill the beans on how awful is mom was right along in telling on the 4th anf 5th house.. He's going to tell about how Aunt kang was at his mom house and she's the one that got her into GTY house just after ML just giving birth and gave her the knife to kill ML and the baby so he could inherit the title..  I see how this could make the Ed loose face and not allowed to attend any of the court matters for falling for Old Mdm lies it would serve her right..

 

I think Molam got involved after she went begging her dad again about her mom and he said no.. I'm sure I herad him mention her lil sister isn't going to agree to it.. This could also be apart of her plan to be in on setting ML house on fire all so the evidence that ML has would be burnt..  

 

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Golden Flower said:

brief translation...

 

  Reveal hidden contents

First, stepmom was persuading 4th family couple to join hands with her threatening that they have done many bad deeds and blamed them on GTY before and GTY would not favor them in the future. Both Wang mother and son are appealing to emperor about GTY killing Aunty Kang. The step-mom is saying Aunty Kang went to ML's house just to help rescue fire and fire at GTY's house was accident. However, GTY sent his subordinate Shitou to burn down her son't courtyard. At the end, a minister was telling emperor that though GTY is new imperial supporter, but he has killed old minister's daughter and he can't be set free without getting punished. ML was saying GTY got into trouble because of her and her Sheng family (Aunty Kang and her involvement with grandma poisoning). GTY said it is not true. His relatives will attempt to kill him no matter what and send Aunty Kang to kill him. His life will be nothing without ML and he feels his life is meaningful by waking up every morning with ML next to him.

 

@Golden Flower... Thanks for the brief translation. I really hate GTY’s step mom  and I wonder these people who are following her around are so dumb. Now they will have to be ready to face whatever he throws at them in the future. GTY’s eldest brother is no longer there to protect them. Smh smh 

 

@dito.... You are  correct, the writing is not the best but this drama land for sure. A lot of things are done that doesn’t make sense. Now if this was a crime drama, these loopholes would not be written in the drama in my opinion. I hope this make sense to you... :D

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

Thankfully I think that GTY went to have a sincere talk with him before the frame up after he helped with the fire.. I think they both talked a lot and GTY was like does he now understand things better and QH expression was like he gets it all now.. So I hope he will also help the emperor now too.. 

A fresh start post the awkwardness of the past.QH has been 2nd lead in the story so he should have some helpful contribution to the climax.They can't leave his character dangling without proper closure.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Suzzy San said:

I finally get why the Wang family can appear in court, so it seems the father is dead but before he died he was one of the most important official that has received a lot of accolades for his good deeds for the nation, so I think in addition to getting help from the Ed, they also used the many deeds the dead father did for the nation to get an audience and to make people pay attention to their crappy complaints.. So sad that the father did good but his generations just ruined his deeds for bad things.. Like the father was even given privilege to be worshipped in the royal ancestral hall.. Omg.. They definitely are very close to imperial.. Grandma already envisioned that GTY will kill Kang auntie and it will lead to political obstacles.. Wow Sheng grandma is really so clever.. I love how she called GTY a man with violent temper and ML someone that holds grudges.. Truly the power couple 

 

Sheng grandma was saying GTY is a man with temper as well as who holds grudge. She wasn't talking about ML. 

2 hours ago, leeza77 said:

I like the otp and their scene. The more the better. As the title is The Story of Minglan, of course Ml and her otp take the centre of the drama. 

I like the drama and i don't care whether it's different with the novel or not and I read the novel too. The changes make the drama more exciting and fulfilling. 

I don't want and expect the drama to be the same as book. I'm not a novel fan don't even remember the details towards the end.  I want to have OTP interactions and scenes too but in logical plots so that OTPs as well as all the characters don't seem like retards. So far from preview, ED, stepmom and Wang family whole gimmicks are all nonsense and GTY got jailed and demoted for this? A lot of people are complaining for confusing plot. I guess we have to see tonight's episode. ML being so smart didn't think of checking the stepmom side of the house for Aunty Kang after stepmom asking Aunty Kang's shu daughter as concubine for GTY, and then asking Zhao'er to harm herself and then kill herself at Cheng Ruan? 

Well, I guess it can also be said it is payback time for GTY who has always been rush, didn't give a care to consider consequences, and how he blamed QH again and again for not taking risk to go against Yong Wang family in not getting ML. Now, he is making ML who has just given birth suffers for his rush decision in killing someone, even making her faint in getting justice for him and even down to the point to ask her for amicable separation.  

 

6 hours ago, sava2sava said:

 

@dito  Just as you said this is playing in the viewers intellegence.. Yes I could see the ED trying to frame GTY in regards to the salt mines but that would be still hard to prove because he never directly handle the mines all knows that he's the owner not the manager..  This big plot hole is unacceptable framing him for Aunt Kamgs murder.. I know step mom can't be this dumb as to go with the plot for a law suit when the other Shu daughter that Aunt Kang tried to offer to ML for GTY at Aunt Kang request can testify that Aunt Kang wanted her to kill herself just so she can frame ML for it and sue them killing ML.. Which Big Mdm (Danning) Evil Step Mom was all in on the plot.. Old Mdm is just mad and complaining about Aunt Kang being dead out of guilt.. How is it that GTY killed Aunt Kang in the court yard when she was in ML bedroom.. I guess she's (Evil Step Mom) claiming she witness GTY just kill this women for no reason..   

 

Wait GTY is supposed to save the Emperor again and regain his title how is this supposed to happen for him if he get's exiled and become a foot soilder.?

 

The step-mom was just saying Aunty Kang went to GTY's courtyard to help put out the fire. She didn't say she witness the murder or GTY killed Kang in his courtyard. 

Emperor biggest ambition is to gain back 16 prefectures (燕云十六州), a historical region in northern China along the Great Wall which is traditionally considered part of China in Han and Tang dynasties, from Khitans led Liao Dynasty. About those 16 prefectures were discussed in ep1 by young GTY and young CB when GTY requested to look at CB's map. They also talked out taking those 16 prefectures back as a scholar official and general when they grew up. When emperor was pissed at GTY for not showing up at the palace to report about salt inspection tour, he told empress that he still needed to use GTY in gaining those 16 prefectures back and he would punish him after that. The emperor also said that his health is still good and he won't die before getting back those lands so that he can face his dead ancestors. So, emperor might be sending GTY to northeast to gain those lands back from Khitans. However, in actual history, 16 prefectures were taken by Jin dynasty from Khitans in early 1120s and Song dynasty were able to take them from Jin in 1123 which is after Yingzhong reign (1063-1067). So, not sure the drama is going to fast forward and use events from 63 years later for GTY to come back successfully with gaining the lands back from Khitans?  

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sava2sava said:

@Golden Flower  How is it that Wang son became and official when he hadn't took the exams yet.. I remember him telling Aunt Kang he would pass with his own abilities.. All I could think of is when outsiders come into the palace to meet the King, ED or the Empress they are strip search to avoid anything that could be used as a weapon to do bodily harm.. 

I thought @dito was asking about Daniang and Aunty Kang's old brother, the son of Old Madam Wang.  If you're talking about Aunty Kang's son, you should call him Kang's son as his father is Mr. Kang. He already passed the exam and also an official though position probably not high. His mom was saying she would ask her brother to pull some favor for him to get position outside of the capital (I think you get promoted quickly if you assume position like county administrator) outside the capital. Even if he is not an officer, he could have come in support for his grandma and uncle as well as on behalf of his father. 4th uncle Gu came with stepmom even though he is not an official though he is a son of old Marquis (GTY's grandfather). 

Edited by Golden Flower
wrong information
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am dumbfounded by Aunt Kang's laying guilt on her mother, the old Madame Wang, for the failure of her own marriage and trying to pressure her mother into helping her because she might be divorced by her husband and her son would get misfortune if her crime got spread out.  Why would her failed marriage life have anything to do with getting away with murder?
Regardless, a crime especially of murder in this case must be handled in a justified manner.  I just can't believe that she expected to get away with it not to mention that this was a severe crime against the elder old Madame Sheng, the only daughter of Marquis of Yongyi.
 

Moreover, old Madame Wang and her son argued so much trying to help the criminal Aunt Kang, but both uttered no sound to a very simple question, " How many lives have died in the hands of Mrs. Kang ( Aunt Kang )?"

I am very proud of Changbai. He handled the case with justification, not only toward his Aunt, but also toward his own mother.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nichiwoohee said:

Y’all talking about traumatized by PA (thankfully I stopped watching after CQ got poisoned) while I’m over here still confused how they could made a whole new story with princess weiyoung... the male lead not even the same :w00t:

 

I was excited when Princess Weiyoung adaptation was first announced. Just like Minglan, I read that book before the drama was announced. Then I read the plot summary....imagine my horror when ToubaJun was listed as the main lead. The person Weiyoung hated the most. The person she felt disgusted even to be in the presence of. I'd have been fine with Touba Yu as the main lead if not MinDe. 

 

5 hours ago, nrbrown said:

Ever watched Pride and Prejudice the series? The one with Colin Firth? There is a scene  in which Colin Firth who plays Mr Darcy jumps into a pond with clothes and all. Comes out with wet transparent clothes. A VERY memorable moment. :w00t: Was NOT in the book tho. Jane Austen, the writer, was a virgin in late 1700’s-1800 England.

Sex sells...brings high ratings (unfortunately or fortunately). Take it with a grain of salt. The Story of Ming Lin,  has it flaws yes. But the overall acting, plot etc in my opinion diffuses it (the flaws). 

 

They should have kept the original scene from the book....Molan coming out wet from the water.

Though that wouldn't have caused the same furore as the one Colin Firth caused in his wet shirt in P&P.:blush:

I agree with @minglan1 that 1995 TV version is the best P&P ever.

 

Anyways, I have to admit with all its inaccuracies and hard to make sense plot twists....this drama is still much better than the others out there. 

I just have to stop watching the freaking previews. They are seriously stressing me out.

But I'm a spoiler addict ...can't help but have a peek.:grimace:

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, dito said:

They should have kept the original scene from the book....Molan coming out wet from the water.

Though that wouldn't have caused the same furore as the one Colin Firth caused in his wet shirt in P&P.:blush:

I agree with @minglan1 that 1995 TV version is the best P&P ever.

 

Anyways, I have to admit with all its inaccuracies and hard to make sense plot twists....this drama is still much better than the others out there. 

I just have to stop watching the freaking previews. They are seriously stressing me out.

But I'm a spoiler addict ...can't help but have a peek.:grimace:

 

:lol: Agree on the furor part.Fans love  to disagree then watch it meticulously to disagree some more.

This is my 1st foray into watching chinese drama and it has me hooked even when I don't understand the language well.

I haven't  felt too bored even after watching over 60 episodes.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Men during this era (and this drama) wr seen as priced commodity... women and their families ... (parents, family clans, legal wives, daughters, concubines, single ladies, maids including prostitutes!) clamouring to be favored by them... 

 

GTY with his loose history wth women, a mistress and two kids still happily got himself a virgin bride plus constantly being offered concubines.

 

QH while yearning for his childhood sweetheart, also is married twice, another lady murdered to have QH for their daughter.

 

Other men, whether like or hate their legal wives can keep as many concubines to their hearts desires.

 

Must be really difficult to be a woman during those times.

 

 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..