Jump to content

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Gu Ting Ye and Chang Bai went AWOL because of Grandmother's incident. Chang Bai's wife is the one who sent the letter regarding what happening at home.

 

So cute Gu Ting Ye said his wife is so meek and docile like a lamb that she faint at the slightest provocation and blamed the Wang family for causing his wife such anguish that her mannerism had changed.

Sure that describes her  :joy:

 

giphy.gif

  • LOL 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

QH should realize the entire blame for bringing ML and GTY together lies on his own head. Who told him to pray for a good husband for ML at the Youqing Monastery? Thats why they say.... be c

adorable couple ============  

Aunti Kang short biography:   Back then when Aunti Kang and Wang Daniang were still single. For various reasons, Daniang was brought up by their grandparents while Aunti Kang grew up with th

32 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

@leeza77 I reckon he was genuinely scared of ML after that. He slapped her thinking it would make her back down, only to have it backfire and she came in even stronger. 

 

ML is actually quite scary when trying to avenge granny! Super badass! :wub:B)

 

The way she calmly plotted, and executed, including bringing the 2 sons of the Mdm Kang's most trusted aide. 

Didn't even hesitate to torture them to get a confession. 

Merely "I haven't got time for this, I need some answers" *tortures them*

All the while, looking at SH bewildered/ shocked face!

 

The convo after that with the dad, when she said she will bring them out of the house before killing them, which SH said since when the docile and obedient girl turned this way, her answer of "that's right...I wonder why..." was actually quite sad. 

In a way, it's her telling him because he couldn't protect her and couldn't protect grandma, she would...

 

The "docile obedient" girl was just a mask she wore for a long time, right after her mother death. The mask has already vanished little by little from the time she plotted vs danniang. Her marriage to gty speed up the process. She has reverted to her old self when she was five, full of spirit and energy. A little girl who was not afraid and very brave, outspoken and outstanding. 

  • Like 12
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, leeza77 said:

SH like a kite.. Easily sway. Everytime wang mother told him something, he seems to agree. Then ml countered her, SH then agreed with ml. Ha ha. He was such a weak man. Pity him

:joy:. He is doing the balancing act to make sure whichever side prevails he is not thought of too unkindly.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

The "docile obedient" girl was just a mask she wore for a long time, right after her mother death. The mask has already vanished little by little from the time she plotted vs danniang. Her marriage to gty speed up the process. She has reverted to her old self when she was five, full of spirit and energy. A little girl who was not afraid and very brave, outspoken and outstanding. 

I don't disagree, but I don't think she will go to this extent of locking down the manor, guarding all entrance and exits, lure the people over, hold them down, torture them when necessary if they haven't mess with granny though. 

She was pretty much putting everything on the line for justice. Willing to sacrifice everything..even if it means getting disowned..

 

Even when she plotted against CL, no one actually knew she masterminded CL fall from grace. 

This time it was just no holding back. Whoever on her way, will be swept aside...

She literally control the whole household with her guards and trusted aides. 

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, m0us3y said:

I don't disagree, but I don't think she will go to this extent of locking down the manor, guarding all entrance and exits, lure the people over, hold them down, torture them when necessary if they haven't mess with granny though. 

She was pretty much putting everything on the line for justice. Willing to sacrifice everything..even if it means getting disowned..

 

Even when she plotted against CL, no one actually knew she masterminded CL fall from grace. 

This time it was just no holding back. Whoever on her way, will be swept aside...

She literally control the whole household with her guards and trusted aides. 

Well gty's domineering ways rubbed on her very much.. B)

  • LOL 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minglan1 said:

Molan's husband had learnt how she had duped him. Shouldn't MamaLiang and her son be making life tough for her? Why does she have so much idle time at hand to plan the death of ML?:triumph:  I am dissapointed with the Liang household..

I also thought Molan would have a hard time at the Liangs, but maybe after sixth Liang found out how devious Molan is, he pays no attention to her, hence Molan having so much idle time doing whatever she likes. 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sava2sava said:

@matrim  With ML birthing sons even if GTy is exield and they are divorce ML and her children would never be safe from step mom because to her eldest son down to the last son are all in line to gain the marquis title.. Once all of them is dead can the evil step mom gains what she's been after all along...
@matrim

@Suzzy San

True, stepmom won't stop until all GTY's heirs are dead. My point is, after the divorce ML would return to Sheng Household and leave her son in GTY manor (I don't think she has the right to keep the son as he is the legitimate heir to GTY.). So it makes no sense for stepmom to go all out to kill ML as she is no longer Madam Gu and guardian of GTY's heir. As GTY's main concern is ML's safety, I reckon this is the best solution for GTY to keep ML out of harm's way.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, matrim said:

True, stepmom won't stop until all GTY's heirs are dead. My point is, after the divorce ML would return to Sheng Household and leave her son in GTY manor (I don't think she has the right to keep the son as he is the legitimate heir to GTY.). So it makes no sense for stepmom to go all out to kill ML as she is no longer Madam Gu and guardian of GTY's heir. As GTY's main concern is ML's safety, I reckon this is the best solution for GTY to keep ML out of harm's way.

And he's going to protect the heir? Ml returns to sheng.. Then the heir will be under stepmom control. Doesn't make sense. Stepmom will surely kill the heir. 

Then, what about ml's reputation. It will be destroyed if the divorce happens 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, matrim said:

More proof that the emperor is not what he appears.

  Reveal hidden contents

The actor who played the emperor commented on wb "I swear to Chairman Mao (Chinese version of I swear to God) that the emperor is smart." :joy:

p159765145.jpg

 

Yeah. I think he did all that blustering about GTY to trick the Gueifei knowing that she’s been working for ED. The Who prison thing has to be part of a bigger plan. In that BTS, it looked like ML was also there on the sidelines with the Emperor and GTY.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sava2sava said:

 

@dito  :w00t::w00t:  This has made my morning.. I'll start my day with a smile on my face.. Thanks.. Atleast the wife has more guts then he.. I don't think QH has ever held a sword not how to wield one.. 

 

4

Where can i find this preview please?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, matrim said:

True, stepmom won't stop until all GTY's heirs are dead. My point is, after the divorce ML would return to Sheng Household and leave her son in GTY manor (I don't think she has the right to keep the son as he is the legitimate heir to GTY.). So it makes no sense for stepmom to go all out to kill ML as she is no longer Madam Gu and guardian of GTY's heir. As GTY's main concern is ML's safety, I reckon this is the best solution for GTY to keep ML out of harm's way.

 

To me, getting the title for Third was always a red herring as this was always more. She had almost 20 years when she could have gotten rid GTY and Eldest brother but she didn't. She was an unloved wife who resented the son of the woman he loved and the son he actually loved, but she knew their value. So she consoled herself by being 'Queen Bee' of the Gu household.

 

That soliloquy in the ancestral hall was revealing. What she resented was ML's assumption of power. If she gets rid of ML she gets back her Queen status and can twist the screws on GTY and son. She even wanted Eldest's widow to adopt just so she could be Queen again.

 

She knows her son is too stupid and talentless to run the family. Not only will they become a laughing stock, but he would probably quickly lose the title over something stupid. The title for Third was kind of a last resort. 

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, leeza77 said:

And he's going to protect the heir? Ml returns to sheng.. Then the heir will be under stepmom control. Doesn't make sense. Stepmom will surely kill the heir. 

Then, what about ml's reputation. It will be destroyed if the divorce happens 

As GTY proposes amicable seperation, I think he must have thought through the consequences. Their son would be looked after by Chang Momo and Tu Erye in GTY manor, and maybe with the help from State Uncle Shen and Madam Zhang. They and stapmom live seperately and I see no reason for the heir to be controlled by her. As for ML's reputation, it's of secondary importance at the moment for the power struggle is reaching its climax and a life and death matter for those involved. The priority would be survival, anything else is not that important.   

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

@matrim @leeza77 

I do wonder if stepmom was still the threat then though. Or were they dealing with someone bigger and more powerful, ie ED. 

If it's ED, she might want to rid her problem at its roots, ie. Getting rid of everyone in Gu household..

If so, the son would be implicated either way and there's probably no way he could escape. 

And it just became a case of trying to save who he can, Ming Lan. 

Because with amiable separation, she will no longer be a Gu, and even if his "Crime" was severe enough to implicate generations of the family, she would still be spared. 

 

Just my speculation. 

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched one preview that Molan was shocked that Ming Lan was able to give birth in a midst of a fire surrounding her. That is resilience, Miss Molan.

 

Auntie Kang's mother appealed to the Empress Dowager but I think it is for the second crime ... setting the Gu House on fire. Empress Dowager I doubt can help her.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jackie1048 said:

I watched one preview that Molan was shocked that Ming Lan was able to give birth in a midst of a fire surrounding her. That is resilience, Miss Molan.

 

Auntie Kang's mother appealed to the Empress Dowager but I think it is for the second crime ... setting the Gu House on fire. Empress Dowager I doubt can help her.

Old Madam Wang appealed to ED to punish GTY for he killed her daughter. ED's attitude was unfathomable as she only said I had lost all my children but you still got two.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, frenchfan said:

I actually pitied SH main wife.  Being sold out by her own mother in other to protect auntie Kang.  It was sad when she discovered that her mum favors her elder sister and would happily let her shoulder the blame for the poisoning.  In fact Marquis Kang did not even come for the "hearing" and let his in-laws dealt with their family.  That just shows how much he value her.  You could see that Elder brother Kang and his wife have been suffering for years always covering for auntie Kang's misdeeds no doubt at Grandma Wang's command for she is very much the matriach and boss here.  

 

Of course I just love how GTY come to save his wifey......despite possible punishment from the emperor.  That is love.  He consoled her when she cried.  That part was so emotional. I am also happy to see Danju getting married in her finery.  It was even more eloborate than Molan's wedding LOL.  

 

The Sheng should have killed Linniang's maid when they had the chance.  YOu could see that Molan really wanted Minglan (her own sister) to die in childbirth in fire.  She is even worst than her mom.  Guess, you can't trust beautiful faces.   

 

 

But but.. her face is not even beautiful!!!!

  • LOL 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] The Story of Ming Lan 庶女明兰传 / 知否?知否?应是绿肥红瘦

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..